User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:42 am

Frequency increases by IndiGo:
BLR-CJB increases to 3x daily wef 15FEB19
BLR-BBI increases to 6x daily wef 1MAR19
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
SVJ77W
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:38 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:53 pm

Indigo announces Kannur-Goa-Kannur

IndiGo opened sales for KANNUR-GOA-KANNUR with effect from 25th Jan 2019.

CNN-GOI 6E 7984 2205 hrs - 2335 hrs

GOI-CNN 6E 7985 2355 hrs - 0115 hrs

Aircraft- ATR

Capacity - 74 Seats

For more information and advance group booking please logon to http://www.goindigo.in
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:32 pm

unrave wrote:
Frequency increases by IndiGo:
BLR-CJB increases to 3x daily wef 15FEB19
BLR-BBI increases to 6x daily wef 1MAR19

The full schedule of new flights:

wef 15FEB19
Bangalore - Coimbatore, 3rd frequency
Bangalore - Srinagar, 1st frequency
Bangalore - Surat, 2nd frequency

wef 01MAR19
Bangalore - Imphal, 1st frequency
Bangalore - Bhopal, 1st frequency
Bangalore - Bhubaneshwar, 5th frequency
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
VTCIE
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:39 pm

unrave wrote:
unrave wrote:
Frequency increases by IndiGo:
BLR-CJB increases to 3x daily wef 15FEB19
BLR-BBI increases to 6x daily wef 1MAR19

The full schedule of new flights:

wef 15FEB19
Bangalore - Coimbatore, 3rd frequency
Bangalore - Srinagar, 1st frequency
Bangalore - Surat, 2nd frequency

wef 01MAR19
Bangalore - Imphal, 1st frequency
Bangalore - Bhopal, 1st frequency
Bangalore - Bhubaneshwar, 5th frequency


The rate at which 6E is taking control of BLR, if it launches Leh, it will first launch BLR-IXL and then DEL-IXL. Then again I don't know if such a high airport can support a plane all the way from BLR.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2109
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:49 am

In a very sad location, 6E NEO suffered an engine failure at Port Blair http://avherald.com/h?article=4c21d528&opt=0

I am honestly very interested in how they make their logistics work to fix this one... The aircraft is grounded since 5 days

Also, 6E 477 operates on GOI-BLR-ATQ-SXR.
 
VTCIE
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:47 am

I don't know how your statement relates to the IndiGo IXZ incident. But still:

anshabhi wrote:
Also, 6E 477 operates on GOI-BLR-ATQ-SXR.


Why such a roundabout route? It could have gone via BOM. And can't the plane fly BLR-SXR directly or is SXR too high for it?

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=goi-blr-atq- ... 25+%28N%22

Image
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:50 am

VTCIE wrote:
I don't know how your statement relates to the IndiGo IXZ incident. But still:

It doesn't. He is pointing out that IndiGo already flies a one stop same aircraft flight from BLR to SXR (to the news about IndiGo launching non stop BLR-SXR)
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2109
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:05 am

unrave wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
I don't know how your statement relates to the IndiGo IXZ incident. But still:

It doesn't. He is pointing out that IndiGo already flies a one stop same aircraft flight from BLR to SXR (to the news about IndiGo launching non stop BLR-SXR)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
avier
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:36 am

VTCIE wrote:

The rate at which 6E is taking control of BLR, if it launches Leh, it will first launch BLR-IXL and then DEL-IXL. Then again I don't know if such a high airport can support a plane all the way from BLR.


6E realises one thing the other airlines don't ; the importance of slots. Other airlines are playing cool and expanding out of not so saturated airports. 6E is however grabbing slots at an airport likely to be exhausted of those in the near future. And this is the third important airport after the first two already saturated ones. So yes, BLR is very important and so are their slots.
Airlines like G8 always thought they were too cool to expand at their own slow pace like in the tortoise and hare fashion. But they lost out on their two main hubs, and can't figure out where to fly now.
When KF/DN were around, 6E wasn't that big out of BOM. But when KF went bust, 6E seized up most of the slots quickly at BOM and is now the second biggest airline at the the city airport which is chock a block now.
And the NRI owner of this largest airline in the country would know by his experience in the US market how precious airport slots can be at major airports. It can literally make or break an airline.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:46 am

Just out of curiosity, which is longest non stop domestic route? DEL-IXZ?
BLR-SXR is 1443nm acc to gcmap.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:32 am

sand26391 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, which is longest non stop domestic route? DEL-IXZ?
BLR-SXR is 1443nm acc to gcmap.

Yes, DEL-IXZ is the longest followed by COK-GAU
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
vadodara
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:20 am

avier wrote:
"].
And the NRI owner of this largest airline in the country would know by his experience in the US market how precious airport slots can be at major airports. It can literally make or break an airline.


Yes the NRI owner happens to have experience in turning around airlines plagued by outdated rules, dealing with upstart LCC’s and unlike Nusli Wadia, did not inherit his wealth or NG, didn’t need a friendly mantra.

That said, the fact is that the Indian market is growing at a faster rate than the supporting infrastructure.

Right now, Rakesh Ganfwal’s competitor is Train 18 not any airline. SG may or could but they were a bit slow out of the gate.
 
ssreekanth2000
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:00 am

Why did indigo go with 222 seat config over the 240 seat limit? Is this a long haul config? Or their standard one for the a321?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:59 am

ssreekanth2000 wrote:
Why did indigo go with 222 seat config over the 240 seat limit? Is this a long haul config? Or their standard one for the a321?

240 seats would restrict range
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
ssreekanth2000
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:32 am

unrave wrote:
ssreekanth2000 wrote:
Why did indigo go with 222 seat config over the 240 seat limit? Is this a long haul config? Or their standard one for the a321?

240 seats would restrict range

That would make sense for long haul but I am sure the 240 config can easily do 1500nm which is the longest domestic route.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:51 am

ssreekanth2000 wrote:
That would make sense for long haul but I am sure the 240 config can easily do 1500nm which is the longest domestic route.

The plan is to employ A321neos on both medium haul international routes and high capacity domestic routes. Having different seat configurations for both would complicate scheduling.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
ssreekanth2000
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:53 am

unrave wrote:
ssreekanth2000 wrote:
That would make sense for long haul but I am sure the 240 config can easily do 1500nm which is the longest domestic route.

The plan is to employ A321neos on both medium haul international routes and high capacity domestic routes. Having different seat configurations for both would complicate scheduling.


Makes sense. Interesting to see that the simplicity of operations outweighs almost a 10% capacity increase.
 
unnayan
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:19 pm

ssreekanth2000 wrote:
unrave wrote:
ssreekanth2000 wrote:
That would make sense for long haul but I am sure the 240 config can easily do 1500nm which is the longest domestic route.

The plan is to employ A321neos on both medium haul international routes and high capacity domestic routes. Having different seat configurations for both would complicate scheduling.


Makes sense. Interesting to see that the simplicity of operations outweighs almost a 10% capacity increase.


Maybe once they have enough A321 online, they can maintain both configurations without impacting scheduling
 
vadodara
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Market share of Indian metal is very low; much better opportunity for IndiGo to grow.

Domestic is also higher risk/saturation due to infrastructure constraints.

Better to focus international
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:43 am

Go Air has stationed four A320s at CNN in the hopes of building a hub there. So many planes but nowhere to fly them...
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
vadodara
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 am

Good for them if they can simulate demand; Kannur however most likely means heavy dose ME.
 
avier
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:44 am

unrave wrote:
Go Air has stationed four A320s at CNN in the hopes of building a hub there. So many planes but nowhere to fly them...


Apart from COK, domestic has never been so strong at Kerala. CNN traffic would be similar like the way it's at CCJ. Both airports are also very close with the same catchment area.
So G8's most likely preparing for Int'l. But bilaterals for some places are again an issue.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:27 am

SpiceJet new flights wef 20JAN18
Dehradun - Jaipur
Dehradun - Amritsar
Dehradun - Jammu
All three routes are exclusive. Operated on Q400
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:46 pm

ATF prices to go down 14.5% effective this midnight. Along with the sharp recovery in rupee, this fall in ATF prices means that the worst is over for the Indian aviation industry.

(Two minutes' silence to who thought SpiceJet was on the road to insolvency)
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
unnayan
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:24 pm

unrave wrote:
ATF prices to go down 14.5% effective this midnight. Along with the sharp recovery in rupee, this fall in ATF prices means that the worst is over for the Indian aviation industry.

(Two minutes' silence to who thought SpiceJet was on the road to insolvency)


Great news.. I hope some of the benefits are passed over to common public too
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Please continue to post your updates and to add your comments in the new thread for 2019 which can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411781

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos