YouGeeElWhy
Topic Author
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 pm

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/air ... t-move-dfw

The company also plans to relocate from Southern California to the Dallas-Fort Worth area this summer.


JetSuiteX will add two jets to its fleet of five by July (the private-charter half of the business has 22 planes), and plans to expand to 100 Embraers by 2023 or so, said Wilcox, who serves as CEO.


They did not really say where they would deploy the new planes, but it seems like their model uses business jet airports, so maybe Addison in DFW would be used. I wonder where else would see JSX service.

This does have the hallmarks of a potential spectacular failure, but I wish them luck.
 
RJNUT
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 1999 1:58 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:21 pm

Maybe they can pick up where Onejet seems to have left off. I think the market is there but has to be distributed correctly.
 
Newark727
Posts: 1537
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Can you keep getting away with mainly business jet airports once you're moving 100 planes around, though?
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 pm

I think in previous interviews they mentioned north east corridor where I am sure there will be some interest. They can also do the Texas triangle I guess now that they are moving to Dallas.

I think they still have some expansion opportunities left in Cali. Burbank basically functions as a hub for them. They can add flights to Sacramento, Phoenix, Palm spring maybe from there. And from concord, they can certainly add more flights to Southern California. They need those new planes first!
 
User avatar
ua900
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:14 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 pm

As someone who recently decamped from SoCal to DFW, I can only say congrats.

Just got out of Addison this afternoon, great business airport. Seemed a little too busy to absorb 100 jets but great facilities, reminded me of Van Nuys, so perhaps a split between Addison and DFW.
2018: AMS | ARN | CDG | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUM | HAM | HKG | HNL | IAH | LAX | MIA | MUC | ORD | RSW | SAL | SFO | SIN | TLV | TXL | VIE | ZRH
 
WingsOfLove
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:54 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:07 pm

'The expansion of its public charter, JetSuiteX, will be funded in part by investor Qatar Airways'

Very interesting considering QR interest in AA last year.
 
User avatar
SumChristianus
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:11 am

Wow this is big!
100 jets operating 4-5 flights a day on short haul routes, (assuming E135s) could really be something.
Would they serve existing routes like Dallas-New Orleans, Dallas-Austin, etc., or go after new point to point opportunities?
QR and B6 must have a plan; if they're succesful, I'd bet Delta would protest....imagine it renamed Qatar America with a hub at PDK near Atlanta....
The last ME3/US3 row would look like a family feud compared to the result from that....
Actually I am a little more against the ME3 now, but that's another topic...

How is B6 benefiting, though? And Qatar, I assume that being a public charter, and avoiding TSA, they can't park at regular terminals. That wouldn't help feed QR, nor B6, they can't be Jet Blue Regional, as they'd be at different airports/(terminal vs. FBO)
Is there a larger plan at stake, however, taking on AS at DAL as a prelude to taking them over, (a QR funded B6 takeover of AS....)

Just don't understand what they get out of it...
UA DL LH NW AA --- Next IND-ATL-DEN: WN 73G/738
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"
 
GuruJanitor
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 am

SumChristianus wrote:
How is B6 benefiting, though? And Qatar, I assume that being a public charter, and avoiding TSA, they can't park at regular terminals. That wouldn't help feed QR, nor B6, they can't be Jet Blue Regional, as they'd be at different airports/(terminal vs. FBO)
Is there a larger plan at stake, however, taking on AS at DAL as a prelude to taking them over, (a QR funded B6 takeover of AS....)

Just don't understand what they get out of it...


If JetSuite moves to the North East Corridor, I can see it working out for all parties. High paying client wants to get from Doha to East Hampton? Qatar to Boston or JFK and a JetSuiteX flight out to HTO. Client in FLL/Miami wants to get to Saratoga for the Travers? B6 to JFK/LGA and then JetSuiteX up to Saratoga. Im just throwing out ideas, but they could fill a very high paying, albeit small niche from hub to wealthy outpost. Pretty different from the west coast model, but it could work in the north east.
 
Speech99
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:35 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 pm

I thought Jetblue's interest was in pilots.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:14 pm

GuruJanitor wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
How is B6 benefiting, though? And Qatar, I assume that being a public charter, and avoiding TSA, they can't park at regular terminals. That wouldn't help feed QR, nor B6, they can't be Jet Blue Regional, as they'd be at different airports/(terminal vs. FBO)
Is there a larger plan at stake, however, taking on AS at DAL as a prelude to taking them over, (a QR funded B6 takeover of AS....)

Just don't understand what they get out of it...


If JetSuite moves to the North East Corridor, I can see it working out for all parties. High paying client wants to get from Doha to East Hampton? Qatar to Boston or JFK and a JetSuiteX flight out to HTO. Client in FLL/Miami wants to get to Saratoga for the Travers? B6 to JFK/LGA and then JetSuiteX up to Saratoga. Im just throwing out ideas, but they could fill a very high paying, albeit small niche from hub to wealthy outpost. Pretty different from the west coast model, but it could work in the north east.


here is an article from a while back https://skift.com/2017/05/16/ceo-interv ... he-masses/

I'm quite dubious of the 100 aircraft fleet ambition, but the other stuff is quite interesting.

They also brought up the idea of code sharing. I guess that would involve some kind of transportation between the public and private terminals.

interesting point from there
Skift: What markets interest you? And are they all on the West Coast?

Wilcox: Yeah, the next year or two is probably going to be on West Coast. You’ll see more markets coming out of Las Vegas. We hope and expect to be out of Orange County later this year. You’ll see more West Coast markets initially but then our East Coast plan is probably a year and a half away. Airports like New Haven and Bridgeport. Places that have very little if any service. But also larger places and alternative airports like maybe Manassas, Virginia and Morristown, New Jersey as opposed to Dulles and Teterboro

Skift: Earlier this year, JetBlue made an investment in JetSuite. Besides money, what do you hope to gain?

Wilcox: JetBlue’s a great strategic partner to have. Obviously have a lot more customers than we’ve got. We came out of the gate even before the investment with the True Blue [frequent flyer] program. JetBlue is going to be doing some marketing help with us. You’ll be seeing JetSuiteX announcements onboard JetBlue, [and] on some of the products that they’ve got, in the seatback pockets.

They’re helping with some distribution as well, making jetblue.com available to some means of communication from us as well.

That partnership will continue to grow. They’ve been very helpful strategically as well. They help us source things like maintenance and fuel and supplier deals in the way that we couldn’t do on our own because of our scale.

Skift: Would you expect a future JetBlue passenger to fly from New York JFK to Burbank and then hop on a JetSuiteX plane to a smaller Western city?

Wilcox: I’m not sure where we’d take them from Burbank, but maybe Las Vegas. They could fly on JetBlue Mint to Vegas and then jump on a JetSuiteX flight to a smaller community like Concord or potentially Burbank.

Very little of this has happened obviously, but they could work toward making JetSuiteX an important factor in the TrueBlue program allowing for earning/redemption and building up to Mosaic status and such. In order to attract more ff that don't fly JetBlue due to operational issues and lack of LGA destinations, they can provide an option to fly on JetSuiteX to a private terminal that maybe more convenient.

I could see this taken off far more in NorthEast where JetBlue has a far larger following than Cali and can help promote JetSuiteX.

In the West Coast, they are probably building 2 hubs right now at BUR and LAS. The latter, can be used to connect to mint flights from JFK/BOS. The former, B6 would need to build up a larger presence in BUR to take advantage of that.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17713
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Interesting. Going from 5 to 100 aircraft will be a challenge... I'll watch and let other people invest. ;)
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
Italianflyer
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:58 pm

The Skift article is very interesting. He flat out says they envision JetSuite as an extention of B6 Mint product. I guess the models show that the numbers show viability of JFK-LAS-Concorde, FLL-JFK-Saratoga or LAX-FLL-Exuma type traffic. There are a myriad of p2p business/high end leisure markets begging for a commercial alternative.

It will be interesting to see how they deploy and dispatch their assets. I'm not sure some of these boutique markets can sustain daily service so there may be allot of repo flying. Plus, more analysts are saying $85-95 p/bl oil could be the new normal for the foreseeable future. That's gotta hurt with only 30 seats.
 
DFWspotter737
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:26 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Has anyone talked about the possibility of JetSuite being based in AFW, or Meacham? That could be a possibility considering the fact that no airline serves them and it's mainly business jets anyway
 
RJNUT
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 1999 1:58 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:21 pm

At the scale they are proposing,they will need to disrupt the current corporate travel distribution model that is neatly tied up within Travel Management Companies (TCM's ) with large corporate contracts with legacy carries along with increasingly strict compliance polices. Funneling traffic away from that model will be tricky .
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:24 pm

This is cool.
The company is divided in two:
JetSuite which flies 13 Phenom 100s(6pax) and 8 CJ3 (9pax). However, it was announced at the end of 2017 they would replace all CJ3 with Phenom 300s. Don't know if that has happened yet...

JetSuiteX operates 5 ERJ135s,... NewUnitedGoderich had a contract to recondition 10 ERJ-135s for JetSuite/JetSuiteX… So, the two more that the article sites may be NUG finishing up a few more, but who knows?

Expanding to 100.. Obviously they can't all be 135s as there are just very few for sale worldwide... Unless they are striking deals for all those parked Continental Express and American Eagle aircraft out at Kingman...
learning never stops.
 
User avatar
KLMatSJC
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:07 pm

ODwyerPW wrote:
Unless they are striking deals for all those parked Continental Express and American Eagle aircraft out at Kingman...


That's where their fleet has come from so far. Not really much doubt on where the other planes would come from too.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood
 
reality
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:01 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:12 pm

"At desert airports across the American west, scores of used Embraer E135s sit unattended, retired by American Eagle, United Express, and Delta Connection. Today, even regional airlines prefer airplanes twice as big as the 37-seat E135s."

But that makes them cheap to buy. And for one company, that means opportunity. "

https://skift.com/2017/05/16/ceo-interv ... he-masses/
 
lowfareair
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:14 pm

ODwyerPW wrote:
Expanding to 100.. Obviously they can't all be 135s as there are just very few for sale worldwide... Unless they are striking deals for all those parked Continental Express and American Eagle aircraft out at Kingman...


That's not just their likely source, getting parked 135s for cheap seems to be the crux of their business plan.
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:56 pm

With all of the ERJ-135 threads that I've started, my fondness for the plane is well documented. I think it's awesome that JetSuite is able to pick these planes up still.... again, you just don't see them available like you did a few years back.... Maybe JetSuite has been maneuvering for some time to buy a bulk of them. Well that's awesome! I hope these guys continue to succeed!
learning never stops.
 
Blueballs
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if they got 60e190s from jetblue
 
texl1649
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:38 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:25 pm

No way Addison has capacity for even 25 more jets being stationed there. Alliance Fort Worth would be my bet, or something south of town. Love field is still the ideal business jet airport tho, for downtown dallas.
 
MO11
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Blueballs wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if they got 60e190s from jetblue


Since it is legally limited to 30 seats, that would be a great choice....
 
Blueballs
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 pm

MO11 wrote:
Blueballs wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if they got 60e190s from jetblue


Since it is legally limited to 30 seats, that would be a great choice....

30 seats on a 190 would be very comfy
 
YouGeeElWhy
Topic Author
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:33 pm

texl1649 wrote:
No way Addison has capacity for even 25 more jets being stationed there. Alliance Fort Worth would be my bet, or something south of town. Love field is still the ideal business jet airport tho, for downtown dallas.

ua900 wrote:
Just got out of Addison this afternoon, great business airport. Seemed a little too busy to absorb 100 jets but great facilities
Pretty sure they are not meaning to have 100 jets at one airport. I'd guess they are going for the Orpah model. Everyone (Dallas, Chicago, FL, NoVA, Boston, NYC, etc..) is getting jets. DAL would be a good option for them too in DFW (area not airport). Dallas has been spending money getting Redbird (err Executive or whatever they are calling it now) ramped up more, so they could try to lure them there, but the demographics in DFW for JetX is best served by Addison or Love.

It feels like JetSuiteX is building something akin to Megabus, but for people with fatter wallets.
 
masseybrown
Posts: 5348
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:40 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Ultimate Shuttle is making 30-seaters work out of Cincinnati Lunken. The appeal of arriving 10 minutes before departure (no TSA) is worth $$$. The problem may be that there are signs that fuel prices will be heading up soon. $80 oil will cut the margins on 30 seat ops.
 
DLX737200
Posts: 1649
Joined: Tue May 29, 2001 6:42 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:58 pm

How do these operators that are operating scheduled ops get out of TSA screening for its passengers? Seems odd.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 2040
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:10 am

DLX737200 wrote:
How do these operators that are operating scheduled ops get out of TSA screening for its passengers? Seems odd.

If the plane seats under 30 pax, they don't need TSA screening if they are operating as public charters under part 135. There are a few carriers in the US operating flights like JetSuiteX is, probably the best other example is Ultimate Air Shuttle which runs 30-seater flights out of Cincinnati: https://ultimateairshuttle.com. All passengers get background checks and have to present photo ID's, but otherwise there is no security whatsoever.
 
AirFiero
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Are there any other limitations on “public charters” versus regularly scheduled airlines?
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 pm

AirFiero wrote:
Are there any other limitations on “public charters” versus regularly scheduled airlines?

check this out. There are quite a few reports on the JetSuiteX experience.
http://richontech.tv/2017/09/reviews/he ... jetsuitex/

They current fly from BUR to CCR/OAK/SJC/LAS. The experience is much better than what you'd get on commercial airlines. A lot of times, their prices aren't that much higher than WN for close in bookings.
 
AirFiero
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:22 am

tphuang wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
Are there any other limitations on “public charters” versus regularly scheduled airlines?

check this out. There are quite a few reports on the JetSuiteX experience.
http://richontech.tv/2017/09/reviews/he ... jetsuitex/

They current fly from BUR to CCR/OAK/SJC/LAS. The experience is much better than what you'd get on commercial airlines. A lot of times, their prices aren't that much higher than WN for close in bookings.


Oh, I’m with you. Maybe what I wrote was not very clear. I’m all for not dealing with the @&#$ TSA. I’ve gotten ver spoiled flying my own plane and not dealing with that crap unless I need to go very far very fast. The more of these services, the better. I’m just wondering if they will have problems problems providing more of this type of service if they bump against FAA regs.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Well, I guess the relationship is expanding
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/23/jetblue ... ement.html
Not sure exactly how JetBlue will market this on their website, but certainly would make JetSuiteX more visible on OTA and such.
 
User avatar
SumChristianus
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:00 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:02 pm

tphuang wrote:
Well, I guess the relationship is expanding
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/23/jetblue ... ement.html
Not sure exactly how JetBlue will market this on their website, but certainly would make JetSuiteX more visible on OTA and such.


Can they legally do that given JetSuiteX is a public charter? Looking at the public charter operator Denver Air Connection, for example, I don't think they are allowed to interline or sell anywhere besides their own page.
UA DL LH NW AA --- Next IND-ATL-DEN: WN 73G/738
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 pm

no idea, but it's definitely happening.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 34194.html

Looks to me just a way for B6 to help market JetSuitex flights and also make TrueBlue program more attractive to west coast flyers.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:01 pm

More news on JetSuiteX front

http://www.ocbj.com/news/2018/jun/05/su ... jetsuitex/

Looks like they will be flying out of SNA soon.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:24 pm

As an addition to this, they are starting to sell tickets for sna to las starting on June 29th. Twice daily except for Friday, which has three flights.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Blueballs wrote:
MO11 wrote:
Blueballs wrote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if they got 60e190s from jetblue


Since it is legally limited to 30 seats, that would be a great choice....

30 seats on a 190 would be very comfy

But expect to pay very, very HIGH ticket prices.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9527
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:44 pm

That'll be a nice option for folks. I think they are in a good niche.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Awesome that they will be operating out of John Wayne Airport south of LA and Addison Airport north of Dallas.


North East expansion will be awesome. This is where the Jet Blue tie-in will help. Cities that B6 couldn't service with the E190/A320 affordably.
learning never stops.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Kind of interesting. I was looking at their site the other day and noticed that they have significantly expanded their operations.
Now showing an average of 5 flights a day between BUR and LAS, peaking at 7 a day on Friday.
Average of 3 flights a day between BUR and OAK, peaking at 4 a day on Friday.
Between 2 to 3 flights a day still on BUR and CCR, 2 a day on Friday
3 a day between SNA and LAS
2 a day during the week between OAK and LAS.
1 a day during the week between CCR and LAS
RNO flights seem to be stopping in the first week of September.
SJC flights are chopped also.

Seems like huge re-alignment to fly to LAS, peaking at 13 on Fridays. There are still peak of about 13 flights on Friday out of BUR. At least on BUR-LAS, the schedule can almost compete with WN on some days. Would be interesting to see how this affects those markets.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:52 pm

More growth from jetSuitex
http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/nor ... d-flights/
SNA to LAS is up to 4 a day on some days. WN is at 7 a day and DL at 4 a day.
Once a day on SNA to OAK. And 4 times a week on SNA to MMH in winter time. So some days like Thursdays and Fridays, they have 6 flights. And other days like Saturday or Tuesdays, they will only have 2 or 3. They have probabiy maximized their SNA capacity with this schedule.

OAK to BUR is up to 4 a day on most days. WN is at 13 a day.
OAK to LAS is up to 3 a day on most days. WN is at 9 a day and NK is at 3 a day.
BUR to LAs is 4 to 7 a day. WN is at 9 a day.
 
4engines4lnghll
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:25 pm

WOW! I was not expecting that. Cant believe I didn't hear about this 5 months ago... I hope they fly the to AUS, IAH/HOU, SAT, etc. that would be a nice change from AA or UA. Not having to go through TSA! How nice... How are they turning profit with 30 seat RJs with fares sometimes under $200?
4engines4lnghll
 
kabq737
Moderator
Posts: 682
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:06 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Wow interesting.

I can't help but wonder if there is potential that they could pick up a 121 certificate as well and try for a CPA with AA. Just blue sky thinking really but these guys seem to have a large amount of potential.
Been on: 320, 321, 333, 733, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 764, 772, 789, C208, CR7, CR9, BE20, MD83, MD88, MD90, E70, E75, E90, TRIM
Flown: SEEKER, C150M C172N, C172R, C172S, C182RG, DA40, PA-46
Airliners.net Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:14 pm

kabq737 wrote:
Wow interesting.

I can't help but wonder if there is potential that they could pick up a 121 certificate as well and try for a CPA with AA. Just blue sky thinking really but these guys seem to have a large amount of potential.


It's the fact that they operate under Part 135 that gives them the advantages, despite the limitations, over Part 121 carriers when flying small numbers of passengers. I suspect as they continue to grow and expand, that their status may be challenged. When they are flying around 30 pax in 50 planes some of the regional carriers might complain. But that time is a long way off as their growth will be steady and gradual.
learning never stops.
 
mfe777
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:56 pm

Does anybody know when they are moving to DFW and when they will begin flights out of the Dallas area? I'm looking forward to trying them out.
 
DFW17L
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:53 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Why not TKI?
 
HII
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:35 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Does anybody know when they are moving to DFW and when they will begin flights out of the Dallas area? I'm looking forward to trying them out.


The corporate move to Dallas has occurred already (during the past few months). I wouldn't hold your breath on flight starting in the DFW area in the near future. I would expect East Coast operations first.
 
HII
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:37 pm

DFW17L wrote:
Why not TKI?


TKI is very far out of the Dallas or Fort Worth area. If JSX ever started operations in DFW, I would expect them closer in to target the market they go after. JSX is a semi-luxury model, not a low-cost type operation.
 
mfe777
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:37 pm

HII wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
Does anybody know when they are moving to DFW and when they will begin flights out of the Dallas area? I'm looking forward to trying them out.


The corporate move to Dallas has occurred already (during the past few months). I wouldn't hold your breath on flight starting in the DFW area in the near future. I would expect East Coast operations first.


That would be a shame if they didn't hit their home base hard and heavy pretty quickly, especially considering the amount of short routes that would really benefit from their no-TSA setup. Dallas to Houston, Austin, San Antonio, McAllen, Brownsville, Lubbock, El Paso, NoLa, and Oklahoma City would make much more sense to fly if they reduced the time devoted to checking in and security at a conventional airport.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:40 pm

mfe777 wrote:
HII wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
Does anybody know when they are moving to DFW and when they will begin flights out of the Dallas area? I'm looking forward to trying them out.


The corporate move to Dallas has occurred already (during the past few months). I wouldn't hold your breath on flight starting in the DFW area in the near future. I would expect East Coast operations first.


That would be a shame if they didn't hit their home base hard and heavy pretty quickly, especially considering the amount of short routes that would really benefit from their no-TSA setup. Dallas to Houston, Austin, San Antonio, McAllen, Brownsville, Lubbock, El Paso, NoLa, and Oklahoma City would make much more sense to fly if they reduced the time devoted to checking in and security at a conventional airport.

I believe that they are looking to expand into Texas next. If you can read under this
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... ilcox.html

JetSuiteX operates short haul flights on the West Coast right now. The airline plans to add service in the Northeast and Texas within the next two years. Wilcox declined to share specific Texas routes they'll target for competitive reasons, but said any Texas flights will likely include Dallas.

With their model, dart board strategy does not work. So it makes sense for them to build up in Dallas and get customer loyalty. Their kind of model relies on people enjoying the experience and coming back and willing to pay more.
 
User avatar
ODwyerPW
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:30 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:00 pm

HII wrote:
The corporate move to Dallas has occurred already (during the past few months). I wouldn't hold your breath on flight starting in the DFW area in the near future. I would expect East Coast operations first.


Where did they locate the offices? Which airport are they closest too? Will they have maintenance facilities there too?
learning never stops.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos