mfe777

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:07 pm

ODwyerPW wrote:
HII wrote:
The corporate move to Dallas has occurred already (during the past few months). I wouldn't hold your breath on flight starting in the DFW area in the near future. I would expect East Coast operations first.

Where did they locate the offices? Which airport are they closest too? Will they have maintenance facilities there too?

It looks like they're at 1341 W Mockingbird which is not a particularly nice building, in a bad area, but close to Love Field and commutable from both the suburbs and urban Dallas.

ODwyerPW

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:33 pm

of course, I should have checked their contact us section on the website.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.82205,- ... a=!3m1!1e3

I looked at it on Google Earth on Street View. Seems nice enough. Interesting that they are located close to Love Field... hmmmmm.... :scratchchin:

(MFE777, I just flew into McAllen on monday..... quick 3 day trip to Reynosa)
learning never stops.

mfe777

Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:31 am

ODwyerPW wrote:
of course, I should have checked their contact us section on the website.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.82205,- ... a=!3m1!1e3

I looked at it on Google Earth on Street View. Seems nice enough. Interesting that they are located close to Love Field... hmmmmm.... :scratchchin:

(MFE777, I just flew into McAllen on monday..... quick 3 day trip to Reynosa)

Ah, nice, I was born in the big white hospital near the airport! I've lived in Dallas since college, 12 years now! Hope you enjoyed the airport. I think it's pretty nice for a small airport with a classy modern Spanish design.

JetSuiteX service at Love Field would be INCREDIBLE due to it's proximity to central Dallas, the Park Cities, basically where all the money and business is. Does anyone know if there are facilities within Love Field that could handle them and if that would be allowed under the revised Wright (Whrong) Amendment?

MO11

Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:20 am

mfe777 wrote:
JetSuiteX service at Love Field would be INCREDIBLE due to it's proximity to central Dallas, the Park Cities, basically where all the money and business is. Does anyone know if there are facilities within Love Field that could handle them and if that would be allowed under the revised Wright (Whrong) Amendment?

The Wright Amendment was fully repealed in 2014.....

JetSuiteX operates out of FBOs, so terminal gate space isn't a factor.

blueflyer

Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:46 am

ODwyerPW wrote:
HII wrote:
The corporate move to Dallas has occurred already (during the past few months). I wouldn't hold your breath on flight starting in the DFW area in the near future. I would expect East Coast operations first.

Where did they locate the offices? Which airport are they closest too? Will they have maintenance facilities there too?

They're on Mockingbird Lane about 10 minutes from Love Field.
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

zululima

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:52 am

MO11 wrote:

Not. Even. Close.

WA would have to be repealed by Congress, and no one seems to care at the moment.
I didn't get a 'Harumph' outta that guy!

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:55 am

The US3 first class product has become so watered down and lame that jetsuite x does have an opening. I would take jetsuite x any day over us big 3 F. The time savings on short routes they really might be on to something. Fly from say Trenton to Boston and DC well timed flights for business people that could be money .

mfe777

Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:56 am

MO11 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

There are still limitations from the Wright amendment still around. And there are so many intricacies concerning what is/isn't allowed at Love Field that I would not be surprised if there were limits on FBO operations too. That's why I asked.

RichardWelling

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:11 am

I wonder if jetsuite x would ever evolve into larger narrowbody scheduled service.

AirFiero

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:01 am

RichardWelling wrote:
I wonder if jetsuite x would ever evolve into larger narrowbody scheduled service.

Or a hub in the middle of the country. One connection to lots of origins and destinations. All with premium seats and service.

MO11

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:51 pm

mfe777 wrote:
MO11 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

There are still limitations from the Wright amendment still around.

Can you enlighten me on what they are?

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:05 pm

The good news is I see the Us3 respond with Bringing some of the first class perks back.(wishful thinking?). Pillows , blankets, at least 38" seat pitch would be good starters.

I had the pleasure of riding on a refurbished 738 for UNITED recently the 37" seat pitch, ultra thin and uncomfortable seat, no blanket, no pillow felt no better than spirit! Not exaggerating it wasn't worth paying any more for. I do think the US3 will have to bring some amenities back they cut too far because they have no competition and can get away with it temporarily.

RJNUT

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:24 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
The good news is I see the Us3 respond with Bringing some of the first class perks back.(wishful thinking?). Pillows , blankets, at least 38" seat pitch would be good starters.

I had the pleasure of riding on a refurbished 738 for UNITED recently the 37" seat pitch, ultra thin and uncomfortable seat, no blanket, no pillow felt no better than spirit! Not exaggerating it wasn't worth paying any more for. I do think the US3 will have to bring some amenities back they cut too far because they have no competition and can get away with it temporarily.

Can I ask was that UA 1st class or economy plus product you are describing on the 738, as I am considering a domestic 1st class booking on them soon.?

mfe777

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:27 pm

MO11 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
MO11 wrote:

No international service allowed, gate cap, limitations on where Southwest can operate and gate exchanges for every gate Southwest takes at another area airport, there are probably some more but I don't have all the details. It's no secret that Love Field is probably the most legally restricted airport in the US, therefore I don't think it's odd to ask how these restrictions might affect JetSuiteX if they were to operate from Love.

tphuang

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:23 pm

RJNUT wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

Can I ask was that UA 1st class or economy plus product you are describing on the 738, as I am considering a domestic 1st class booking on them soon.?

Pretty sure that’s the new standard for domestic first class. Delta has even less pitch than that on their 737s.

MO11

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:55 pm

mfe777 wrote:
MO11 wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

No international service allowed, gate cap, limitations on where Southwest can operate and gate exchanges for every gate Southwest takes at another area airport, there are probably some more but I don't have all the details. It's no secret that Love Field is probably the most legally restricted airport in the US, therefore I don't think it's odd to ask how these restrictions might affect JetSuiteX if they were to operate from Love.

Yessir...that's the Wright Amendment Reform Act (the part I bolded above isn't in there). The restrictions you mention weren't in the Wright Amendment. And agreed, DAL is the only airport with restrictions that were enacted by Congress.

What will affect JetSuiteX (since it is a charter) is that it can only operate within Texas, or to the neighboring states (plus Alabama, Missouri, and Kansas). This actually was not part of the Wright Amendment (which limited each airline to 10 charters per month), but part of the WARA.

ODwyerPW

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:40 pm

AirFiero wrote:
RichardWelling wrote:

Or a hub in the middle of the country. One connection to lots of origins and destinations. All with premium seats and service.

Like a Mid Continent Airport? Wichita (ICT) has a nice little 12 gate 3 runway airport reachable by every major aiport in the USA via an Embraer 135LR. But now we are getting into the realm of pipe dreams.. LOL. Transcontinental flying, one stop, no TSA, 36" pitch, never a middle seat, etc... Shame WARA limits flights to Arizona from DAL.... Not much benefit only flying west as far as SanteFe, Las Cruzes or Albequerque NM.
learning never stops.

tphuang

Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:23 am

Just curious if someone could help me with what a possible Dallas hub would look like? Maybe out of DAL? Is ADS possible for a public charter like JetSuitex?

They said within 500 miles of Dallas. So i ran a query on 400 nm from DAL and got
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=DAL-HOU%3B ... =wls&DU=mi

Any other airports that would make sense?

AirFiero

Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:23 am

ODwyerPW wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
RichardWelling wrote:

Like a Mid Continent Airport? Wichita (ICT) has a nice little 12 gate 3 runway airport reachable by every major aiport in the USA via an Embraer 135LR. But now we are getting into the realm of pipe dreams.. LOL. Transcontinental flying, one stop, no TSA, 36" pitch, never a middle seat, etc... Shame WARA limits flights to Arizona from DAL.... Not much benefit only flying west as far as SanteFe, Las Cruzes or Albequerque NM.

Or Kansas City. Somewhere in the middle of the country, should be fairly easy reach from the coasts in regional type jets. Premium service, easy connections. Maybe even a large premium lounge for connecting passengers.

Doesn’t Kansas City have a good sized terminal sitting empty? Too small for a major airline hub, but just the right size for a JetSuiteX type operation, and no TSA with the terminal isolated from the others.

tphuang

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:45 pm

just checking JetSuitex after their recent schedule extension. Seems like no new city pairs but a lot of more flights looking at a week in August.

BUR-LAS - 7 most days (now 5x in offpeak days)
BUR-OAK - 6 most days (5x in May)
BUR-CCR - 3 most days
SNA-LAS - 3 to 6 per day, 6 on fri, 5 on Mo/Th
SNA-OAK - 4 most days (3x in May)
OAK-LAS - 3 to 4 on most days
CCR-LAS - 1 on Fri
18 out of LAS on Fri, 16 out of BUR on Fri, 10 out of SNA on peak days, 14 out of OAK on peak days

the following was from 6 months ago. A lot of growth.
More growth from jetSuitex
http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/nor ... d-flights/
SNA to LAS is up to 4 a day on some days. WN is at 7 a day and DL at 4 a day.
Once a day on SNA to OAK. And 4 times a week on SNA to MMH in winter time. So some days like Thursdays and Fridays, they have 6 flights. And other days like Saturday or Tuesdays, they will only have 2 or 3. They have probabiy maximized their SNA capacity with this schedule.

OAK to BUR is up to 4 a day on most days. WN is at 13 a day.
OAK to LAS is up to 3 a day on most days. WN is at 9 a day and NK is at 3 a day.
BUR to LAs is 4 to 7 a day. WN is at 9 a day.

Seems like SNA is doing really well. Strengthening BUR/LAS/OAK, while rolling back on CCR a bit.

As a point of reference on their schedule vs WN, who is the only other carrier on many of these routes.
BUR-LAS 7 vs 10
BUR-OAK 6 vs 12
SNA-LAS 5 or 6 on peak days vs 6 on WN and 4 on DL
SNA-OAK 4 vs 8 on WN
OAK-LAS 4 vs 8 on WN, 4 on NK and 1 on G4
So they are getting pretty competitive in schedule on some of these routes as they get aircraft. Seems like they have found OAK to be an easier airport to get yield than SJC, which is a huge bloodbath between WN and AS.

tphuang

Thu May 30, 2019 4:37 pm

JetSuitex schedule extension until end of October.

Just picking a week in October.
BUR-LAS remains at 7x for MThFSu and 5x for TWSa. (unchanged)
BUR-OAK up to 7x for all except Sa which is 4x (6x in August)
BUR-CCR remains 3x for ll except Sa (unchanged)
SNA-LAS - 3 to 5, looks like Mo/Th/Fr is down one for August
SNA-OAK - 3 to 4 on most non-Sa days (4x in August)
OAK-LAS - 3 to 5, 5 on Th/F/Su, 4 on Mo and 3 on remaining day (3 to 4 in August)
OAK-BFI - 3 on most days.
CCR-LAS - gone (was Fri only in August)
So seems like OAK is getting more capacity, SNA a little less and BUR is relatively flat. I wouldn't be surprised to see more OAK route announced in the next couple of months.

26point2

Thu May 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Red Stripe moving to Red State?

WN732

Thu May 30, 2019 5:37 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
texl1649 wrote:
No way Addison has capacity for even 25 more jets being stationed there. Alliance Fort Worth would be my bet, or something south of town. Love field is still the ideal business jet airport tho, for downtown dallas.

ua900 wrote:
Just got out of Addison this afternoon, great business airport. Seemed a little too busy to absorb 100 jets but great facilities
Pretty sure they are not meaning to have 100 jets at one airport. I'd guess they are going for the Orpah model. Everyone (Dallas, Chicago, FL, NoVA, Boston, NYC, etc..) is getting jets. DAL would be a good option for them too in DFW (area not airport). Dallas has been spending money getting Redbird (err Executive or whatever they are calling it now) ramped up more, so they could try to lure them there, but the demographics in DFW for JetX is best served by Addison or Love.

It feels like JetSuiteX is building something akin to Megabus, but for people with fatter wallets.

You get a jet! You get a jet! And you get a jet!!!

Aurantiaco

Thu May 30, 2019 8:33 pm

JetSuiteX is pretty much gonna be drowned out by American in DFW.

YouGeeElWhy
Topic Author

Fri May 31, 2019 12:21 am

tphuang wrote:
OAK-BFI - 3 on most days.
That is an interesting add right there. Could they turn BFI into a base and add LAS or PDX, I hope so.

ricq

Fri May 31, 2019 12:39 am

Aurantiaco wrote:

They moved their headquarters to Dallas near Love Field. They haven't announced they are planning to fly to either Dallas airport. If they do it will not be from a commercial terminal. They use "private" terminals. They have received investments from Qatar and Jet Blue and plan to have 100 planes at some point--ERJ 135s.

Aurantiaco

Fri May 31, 2019 12:41 am

ricq wrote:
Aurantiaco wrote:

They moved their headquarters to Dallas near Love Field. They haven't announced they are planning to fly to either Dallas airport. If they do it will not be from a commercial terminal. They use "private" terminals. They have received investments from Qatar and Jet Blue and plan to have 100 planes at some point--ERJ 135s.

I see. Thank you for correcting me.

ricq

Fri May 31, 2019 9:26 pm

It does look like Texas is in the cards for flights:

"Alex Wilcox
CEO, JetSuite and JetSuiteX
Operating an air carrier that flies primarily out of four California cities (plus Las Vegas) from an office on Mockingbird Lane in Dallas might seem like an odd decision.

"Although Wilcox won’t say where the company will expand first, he expects to be flying around Texas within the next couple of years. “I have a view from my cubicle of Love Field. And watching airplanes take off all day long, none of them yours—once in awhile we have a private jet fly out of here, but that’s rare—is hard.”

"A founding executive of JetBlue Airways, Wilcox has worked in the airline industry nearly his entire career. He has been JetSuite’s CEO since 2007."

https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/ ... right-now/

gregn21

Fri May 31, 2019 10:08 pm

RichardWelling wrote:

Or even E-jets. I feel like some of the more saturated routes they fly could surely support something larger than an E135, especially in their low density config.

ricq

Fri May 31, 2019 10:36 pm

gregn21 wrote:
RichardWelling wrote:

Or even E-jets. I feel like some of the more saturated routes they fly could surely support something larger than an E135, especially in their low density config.

Larger jets would not be compatible with their current model of not using commercial terminals.

"JetSuiteX has one major advantage over traditional airlines. Its planes have 30 seats, allowing them to operate under different rules than aircraft with 31 or more seats. Importantly for customers, that means no Transportation Security Administration screening. Having 30 seats allows JetSuiteX to operate from private terminals and passengers may arrive 15 minutes before departure."

https://skift.com/2017/05/16/ceo-interv ... he-masses/

It seems they have no intention of being a "traditional airline" like everyone else. They like this small niche. For now at least.

johnboy

Fri May 31, 2019 11:42 pm

I flew them from OAK-BUR a couple of months ago. Made reservations about a week in advance and paid less than what WN was charging. Certainly a lot nicer to show up and not have to go thru TSA; I’m pretty sure they swabbed my checked in bag whilst I was showing them my ID.

Close to the Rental Car Center at OAK, so conceivably one could take public transport and then the shuttle from main terminal/BART and walk. Quite a few families present. Free pastries/sodas at OAK in a very nice lounge. BUR was not quite as nice, but had free coffee/tea and chips in that large hangar (two lounges plus foosball/corn hole games set up in hangar lol).

Talked to an employee who was a retired 911 operator: she was really enthusiastic about the company and co-workers, which actually made quite an impression on me. Teamwork on ground was excellent (trust me - I was looking around)

One FA working the flight who brought free wine/snacks around but the plane itself was a tad, “shabby chic,” with pulls on carpeting and uneven tray tables. Good space and leg room though. FA was super professional!

Con: I could see flight cancellations due to mechanical issues throwing a monkey wrench into their schedules. A flight to Concord had been grounded and seemed a bit hectic with the minimal counter space.

They definitely need more planes to keep a reliable schedule.

ricq

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:38 pm

johnboy wrote:
I flew them from OAK-BUR a couple of months ago. Made reservations about a week in advance and paid less than what WN was charging. Certainly a lot nicer to show up and not have to go thru TSA; I’m pretty sure they swabbed my checked in bag whilst I was showing them my ID.

Close to the Rental Car Center at OAK, so conceivably one could take public transport and then the shuttle from main terminal/BART and walk. Quite a few families present. Free pastries/sodas at OAK in a very nice lounge. BUR was not quite as nice, but had free coffee/tea and chips in that large hangar (two lounges plus foosball/corn hole games set up in hangar lol).

Talked to an employee who was a retired 911 operator: she was really enthusiastic about the company and co-workers, which actually made quite an impression on me. Teamwork on ground was excellent (trust me - I was looking around)

One FA working the flight who brought free wine/snacks around but the plane itself was a tad, “shabby chic,” with pulls on carpeting and uneven tray tables. Good space and leg room though. FA was super professional!

Con: I could see flight cancellations due to mechanical issues throwing a monkey wrench into their schedules. A flight to Concord had been grounded and seemed a bit hectic with the minimal counter space.

I do notice that they have a lot of late flights lately. Kind of defeats their mission of speeding up your trip by avoiding TSA and checking in just 20 minutes before the flight. One and 2 hour delays are not uncommon in the afternoons, especially in Las Vegas and Orange County. Seems like they are scheduling too few planes too tightly, with no backups. There are occasional cancellations too with few options on how to get to your destination. I think their responsibility ends by giving you a refund, and not necessarily getting you to where you need to be.

ricq

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:05 pm

And now . . . service to Phoenix . . .

"New service to Phoenix: be the first to book now through October 31st.

Burbank
3 round trips daily starting 8/30 from $89 one way*
Las Vegas
4 round trips daily starting 9/12 from $79 one way*
Oakland
3 round trips daily starting 10/1 from $99 one way*"

SyracuseAvGeek

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Are they going to fly in the sky harbor or Mesa ?
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

SyracuseAvGeek

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:22 pm

Are they going to fly into PHX or Mesa ?
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

ODwyerPW

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:46 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

They don't say whether it's Sky Harbor or Phx-Mesa-Gateway on their website.
learning never stops.

KLMatSJC

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

PHX
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B77E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood

FRAborn

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:25 pm

KLMatSJC wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

PHX

Curious as to why they wouldn't choose SDL? It seems like the cliental that they market towards would be in that area. Thoughts?

HII

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:46 pm

johnboy wrote:

So far 3 or 4 additional aircraft have come on board this year, schedules have been rolled back to allow for more room between flights, and 4+ additional aircraft are expected by the end of the year.

tphuang

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 am

ricq wrote:
johnboy wrote:

I do notice that they have a lot of late flights lately. Kind of defeats their mission of speeding up your trip by avoiding TSA and checking in just 20 minutes before the flight. One and 2 hour delays are not uncommon in the afternoons, especially in Las Vegas and Orange County. Seems like they are scheduling too few planes too tightly, with no backups. There are occasional cancellations too with few options on how to get to your destination. I think their responsibility ends by giving you a refund, and not necessarily getting you to where you need to be.

Seems like they are definitely encountering some growing pains as they launch a pretty large expansion. That's a lot more pilots, FAs and crew members needed. A while back, Alex Wilcox claimed it was the most on time airline in America.

And to be fair, normal airlines have delays too. Would it be that shocking if WN is late 25% of time out of LAX? And even with a one hour delay, the full trip type is still a lot better than regular airline. And their frequencies are high enough where you are not going to be left stranded for very long in the event of a cancellation.

Don't look now, but their schedule out of BUR/OAK is getting more attractive to ff. Their only major missing link in west coast are Portland, Sacramento and maybe San Diego. I doubt they are going back to SJC or RNO anytime soon.

So now they are at
22 peak day flights out of OAK
21 peak day flights out of LAS
20 peak day flights out of BUR

On PHX-OAK, they are facing 4x AA and 6x WN
PHX-BUR, they are facing 4x AA and 7x WN
PHX-LAS, they are facing 5x AA, 11x WN and 1x SY.

It seems like frequency is at least competitive starting off vs AA. PHX-LAS must be a pretty fat route if SY is even operating on there.

F9Animal

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:40 am

tphuang wrote:
ricq wrote:
johnboy wrote:

Seems like they are definitely encountering some growing pains as they launch a pretty large expansion. That's a lot more pilots, FAs and crew members needed. A while back, Alex Wilcox claimed it was the most on time airline in America.

And to be fair, normal airlines have delays too. Would it be that shocking if WN is late 25% of time out of LAX? And even with a one hour delay, the full trip type is still a lot better than regular airline. And their frequencies are high enough where you are not going to be left stranded for very long in the event of a cancellation.

Don't look now, but their schedule out of BUR/OAK is getting more attractive to ff. Their only major missing link in west coast are Portland, Sacramento and maybe San Diego. I doubt they are going back to SJC or RNO anytime soon.

So now they are at
22 peak day flights out of OAK
21 peak day flights out of LAS
20 peak day flights out of BUR

On PHX-OAK, they are facing 4x AA and 6x WN
PHX-BUR, they are facing 4x AA and 7x WN
PHX-LAS, they are facing 5x AA, 11x WN and 1x SY.

It seems like frequency is at least competitive starting off vs AA. PHX-LAS must be a pretty fat route if SY is even operating on there.

RNO and SJC were pulled for the exact reason stated in your second paragraph. Growing pains, and to have a spare for MX reasons. I would not be surprised to see them come back in the future actually.

I wonder if ASE might be on the radar? Or even COS?
I Am A Different Animal!!

ricq

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:30 am

I see 3 cancelled flight today. I noticed 6 or 7 cancelled flights on several different days last week. This doesn't look good. Cancellations seem to be on the rise. Some are the last flights of the day. I doubt if Jetsuitex can accommodate these passengers on other flights. I guess passengers just have to scramble and pay whatever they need to in order to get to where they want to go?

HII

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 am

ricq wrote:
I see 3 cancelled flight today. I noticed 6 or 7 cancelled flights on several different days last week. This doesn't look good. Cancellations seem to be on the rise. Some are the last flights of the day. I doubt if Jetsuitex can accommodate these passengers on other flights. I guess passengers just have to scramble and pay whatever they need to in order to get to where they want to go?

Not sure of the CXL reason, but passengers are put on other JSX flights, Southwest flights, or refunded upon their choosing.

tphuang

Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Looks like a lot more growth ahead for JetSuitex. Pretty ambitious stuff.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... rs-460753/

Consider they already had quite a bit of expansion (including OAK-BFI/PHX-LAS recently), the goal to increase from 2400 to 4000 flights a month is a pretty large jump.

tphuang

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 pm

OAK-PHX is starting this week.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -nov-2019/
the only change from above is the 4th flight on Friday and Sundays.

tkoenig95

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:15 pm

What is the update on expanded Metroplex operations?

tkoenig95

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Okie

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:51 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:

My guess is they will use terminal 2 at DAL since they have Customs and the close proximity of Mexico to with the range of an EMB.

Okie

ODwyerPW

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm

One of those articles mentions they are taking 145s now as well? How many of their existing 14 aircraft are 145s? What does that seatmap look like with 30 seats? Wow. You could almost do 1+1 seating at 15 rows, or 2+1 with incredible pitch.
learning never stops.

FRAborn

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:34 pm

ODwyerPW wrote:
One of those articles mentions they are taking 145s now as well? How many of their existing 14 aircraft are 145s? What does that seatmap look like with 30 seats? Wow. You could almost do 1+1 seating at 15 rows, or 2+1 with incredible pitch.

They have 7 E145s that I found. Two of them flying and the others I assume are in refurbishment. Right now there is just a huge open gap. Hopefully they'll do something interesting with all that space down the road.

N270SK
N273SK
N277SK
N281SK
N286SK (flying according to a friend in SoCal)
N259JQ

All of that info is from Planespotters

I can't imagine they will try anything in Texas until they deal with the MX delays/ cancels. It seems that they dont have much breathing room in regards to aircraft when one breaks down.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos