ricq
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:25 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:06 pm

According to Wiki, JSX has the following fleet as of November 2019 . . .


"JSX customizes the interiors of its fleet of Embraer aircraft, including removing all of the overhead bins and removing seats to reach a capacity of 30.

"As of November 2019, the JSX fleet comprises the following aircraft:

"JSX Fleet
Aircraft ................In Service Orders Passengers
Embraer ERJ-135LR 13 ..... 2 .....30
Embraer ERJ-135ER 1 ..... 1 .....30
Embraer ERJ-145LR 2 ..... 5 .....30
Total 16 8 "


It seems that the parent company, JetSuiteX has planes in addition to these, primarily used for charters.

The question remains, why aren't they using all 135s instead of adding 145's since they only equip them with 30 seats. (That is their model; maximum 30 seats, so that they can use private terminals.) I'm curious too about the seat spacing of the 145s but am unable to find a seat map. Must be very spacious. Isn't the 145 a lot more expensive to fly than the 135? Maybe 145s are more available, and easier to buy at a lower cost than the 135s?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSX_(airline)
 
MO11
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:38 am

ricq wrote:
According to Wiki, JSX has the following fleet as of November 2019 . . .


"JSX customizes the interiors of its fleet of Embraer aircraft, including removing all of the overhead bins and removing seats to reach a capacity of 30.

"As of November 2019, the JSX fleet comprises the following aircraft:

"JSX Fleet
Aircraft ................In Service Orders Passengers
Embraer ERJ-135LR 13 ..... 2 .....30
Embraer ERJ-135ER 1 ..... 1 .....30
Embraer ERJ-145LR 2 ..... 5 .....30
Total 16 8 "


It seems that the parent company, JetSuiteX has planes in addition to these, primarily used for charters.


On the property there are 16 ERJ-135s and 7 ERJ-145s. One additional Legacy 650 is used for charters.


ricq wrote:
(That is their model; maximum 30 seats, so that they can use private terminals.)


Maximum 30 seats so that it can operate under FAR 135.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3750
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:07 am

Maybe those ERJ-145s were really dirt cheap. Or maybe they need them for longer ranged missions?
 
classicjets
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:15 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:45 am

I heard that the 145s have the same legroom as the 135s but with a large empty space at the front and the back. This is to allow the tray tables to be used.
 
FRAborn
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:43 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:47 pm

New Service to KPDX. Starting April 2nd.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jsx-spri ... 00343.html
 
HII
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm

ODwyerPW wrote:
One of those articles mentions they are taking 145s now as well? How many of their existing 14 aircraft are 145s? What does that seatmap look like with 30 seats? Wow. You could almost do 1+1 seating at 15 rows, or 2+1 with incredible pitch.


There’s a large gap in the back that they’re supposedly going to do something with. It’s 2+1 with varying pitch until the back gap.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3750
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:21 pm

FRAborn wrote:
New Service to KPDX. Starting April 2nd.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jsx-spri ... 00343.html

Wow, that is surprising. I thought they'd add out of OAK before BFI. I guess BFI must be doing well for them.
 
YouGeeElWhy
Topic Author
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:58 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
tphuang wrote:
OAK-BFI - 3 on most days.
That is an interesting add right there. Could they turn BFI into a base and add LAS or PDX, I hope so.
LAS is next I guess.
 
HII
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:28 pm

tphuang wrote:
FRAborn wrote:
New Service to KPDX. Starting April 2nd.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jsx-spri ... 00343.html

Wow, that is surprising. I thought they'd add out of OAK before BFI. I guess BFI must be doing well for them.


OAK is packed to the gills at the moment. They need more space before they can make that add.
 
SocalApproach
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 pm

I didn’t want to start a new thread just for this one question that actually opens up quite a few more on my mind but What is the longterm sustainability of JSX? Does anyone have an opinion? Looked like a novelty when they first started but now they even have my attention starting to flying BFI-PDX. Are they really trying to compete with the major airlines on this route out of Seattle area. Off the top of my head AS has at least 8-10 flights per day on Q400/175s/737/319 variants. I think DL flies this route too operated by OO.

I’ve looked into how much they pay for their staff and the cabin crew don’t get paid much. It’s basically minimum wage under 18/hour. That’s regional scale wages. Do they even get the same benefits as other regional flight attendants? KCM? Reciprocal cabin jumpseats agreements? Since it’s not part 121 how are the duty days? The reviews don’t look too appealing when doing a web search. How about for the pilots? Would a pilot at OO for example put his resume in at JSX along with UA/DL or is JSX considered a Lateral move from a regional?

I get the perks they offer as a passenger. Being able to arrive 20-45 min prior to departure. No long security lines and good legroom on board but I can’t help but wonder if this is a sustainable operation
 
HII
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:30 am

SocalApproach wrote:
I didn’t want to start a new thread just for this one question that actually opens up quite a few more on my mind but What is the longterm sustainability of JSX? Does anyone have an opinion? Looked like a novelty when they first started but now they even have my attention starting to flying BFI-PDX. Are they really trying to compete with the major airlines on this route out of Seattle area. Off the top of my head AS has at least 8-10 flights per day on Q400/175s/737/319 variants. I think DL flies this route too operated by OO.

I’ve looked into how much they pay for their staff and the cabin crew don’t get paid much. It’s basically minimum wage under 18/hour. That’s regional scale wages. Do they even get the same benefits as other regional flight attendants? KCM? Reciprocal cabin jumpseats agreements? Since it’s not part 121 how are the duty days? The reviews don’t look too appealing when doing a web search. How about for the pilots? Would a pilot at OO for example put his resume in at JSX along with UA/DL or is JSX considered a Lateral move from a regional?

I get the perks they offer as a passenger. Being able to arrive 20-45 min prior to departure. No long security lines and good legroom on board but I can’t help but wonder if this is a sustainable operation



Pay is a daily rate and guarantees are days, not hourly, for both pilots and flight attendants. So you could get paid the same for doing nothing or for working 4 legs, etc. Its not necessarily comparable to the majors, because you’re flying 4 one hour hops and you’re done. I know pilots have access to KCM and some jumpseat agreements, but 99% of FAs are local and have zero need for that.

In regards to competing with the majors, they are only competing on the short haul aspect. They don’t offer connections and have no intentions currently or moving out of the short haul sector. In fact, BFI - LAS is too long of a sector to consider at the moment.
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:11 am

SocalApproach wrote:
I didn’t want to start a new thread just for this one question that actually opens up quite a few more on my mind but What is the longterm sustainability of JSX? Does anyone have an opinion? Looked like a novelty when they first started but now they even have my attention starting to flying BFI-PDX. Are they really trying to compete with the major airlines on this route out of Seattle area. Off the top of my head AS has at least 8-10 flights per day on Q400/175s/737/319 variants. I think DL flies this route too operated by OO.

I’ve looked into how much they pay for their staff and the cabin crew don’t get paid much. It’s basically minimum wage under 18/hour. That’s regional scale wages. Do they even get the same benefits as other regional flight attendants? KCM? Reciprocal cabin jumpseats agreements? Since it’s not part 121 how are the duty days? The reviews don’t look too appealing when doing a web search. How about for the pilots? Would a pilot at OO for example put his resume in at JSX along with UA/DL or is JSX considered a Lateral move from a regional?

I get the perks they offer as a passenger. Being able to arrive 20-45 min prior to departure. No long security lines and good legroom on board but I can’t help but wonder if this is a sustainable operation


Looking at April 2nd, AS has 20 flights each way PDX-SEA. This service is aimed more at the O and D as I think Alaska is geared more to connections, as it takes a lot of time to use them between the two places. They are going after the old SeaPort crowd. :)
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"
 
SocalApproach
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: JetSuiteX moving to DFW and growing to 100 RJs

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:31 am

HII wrote:
In fact, BFI - LAS is too long of a sector to consider at the moment.


Sorry I meant BFI-OAK. Not sure why I thought they flew BFI-LAS. Thanks for the information though

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos