werdywerd
Topic Author

Rumor: Jetblue E190 Decision imminent and Europe news?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:25 pm

I hear a announcement in imminent. It's not public yet so I will not say anything until it is.

Any Guesses on both ?
Last edited by atcsundevil on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title for clarity

BWIAirport

Re: Jetblue E190 Decision and Europe news

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:40 pm

It's more fun being optimistic so here goes. I'm expecting an order for 25-30 E2s and the announcement of BOS to any combination of SNN, DUB, GLA, EDI, or KEF.
Next flight: October 17 DL2641 BWI-ATL B739
October 17 DL2607 ATL-TPA B752

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

fastmover

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:43 pm

werdywerd wrote:
I hear a announcement in imminent. It's not public yet so I will not say anything until it is.

Any Guesses on both ?

I’ll go with the C and phase out of the 190 and older airbus 320s
I’ll also go with an update to mint.
And how about not Heathrow but close for the first Europe destination.

All based on rumors not fact.

gatibosgru

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:44 pm

I would love for B6 to get the E2, and a BOS-DUB on JetBlue would be perfect too.
@DadCelo

UPNYGuy

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:47 pm

I will be surprised if the E190s stay, especially with the rumors of Boeing being interested in Embraer. Jetblue shopped the 737 first, and Boeing did not take Neelman seriously. They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them (airbus), and will strongly consider the C Series now that Airbus has stepped in. Remember, Jetblue was against the tarif and helped fight it. Jetblue senior leadership has also been very vocal about the overall displeasure with the Ejet maintainance and operating costs The E2 would need to be markedly better for them to consider.

Flip side is they do not want to go through teething issues on a new plane again (the e190 intro), so they stick with embraer. I feel this is unlikely, but we will need to see what they do.

mikegigs

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:54 pm

I agree that due to the reported dissatisfaction in their current E190 fleet, they will go for the C series.

Optimistically speaking, I think routes like BOS-DUB/EDI/MAN/STN/SNN/KEF are likely, as well as JFK-DUB/SNN/BHX. Hope for the best!

Are airport like BRU, AMS, and CDG within A321LR range?
Airports: BOS, JAX, JFK, EWR, LGA, CVG, ATL, CLT, DCA, IAD, STT, PVD, ALB, MCO
Aircraft: 733, 735, 73G, 738, 752, 717, A319, A320, MD-88, E190, E175, E145, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, Q400
Airlines: B6, CO, DL, US, NW, WN, DH
...a good start but a long way to go!

seemyseems

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:59 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
I would love for B6 to get the E2, and a BOS-DUB on JetBlue would be perfect too.

I second that.

Does anyone think B6 will explore other markets in the UK, such as BHX, MAN, LON?
seemyseems in ATL

jumbojet

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 pm

mikegigs wrote:
as well as JFK-DUB/SNN/BHX. Hope for the best!

Where is JetBlue going to get the slots from at JFK? I would guess that they will have to give up a bunch of domestic flights to make room for international flying at JFK? At the onset, will they go 1x daily or 2x daily? With MINT on TATL flights, no doubt people paying for MINT will demand a decent lounge. What is the deal with B6's lounge at JFK, is it decent enough for folks paying a premium fare to cross the atlantic? Is it as nice as DL's signature skyteam lounge in T4?

sanjet

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Bombardier share prices have risen a lot since yesterday. I wonder...
Will Fly For Food!

Blueballs

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Its being announced at the annual stockholder meeting. Maybe before if they dont want all the questions at the meeting to revolve around the pilot contract and fa union vote

stevemat11

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:25 pm

jumbojet wrote:
mikegigs wrote:

Where is JetBlue going to get the slots from at JFK? I would guess that they will have to give up a bunch of domestic flights to make room for international flying at JFK? At the onset, will they go 1x daily or 2x daily? With MINT on TATL flights, no doubt people paying for MINT will demand a decent lounge. What is the deal with B6's lounge at JFK, is it decent enough for folks paying a premium fare to cross the atlantic? Is it as nice as DL's signature skyteam lounge in T4?

I would assume a new lounge will come with the terminal expansion. JetBlue is looking to add 16 gates past the current gate 30 all connected to the FIS which can handle wide body a/c. (Very far future for JetBlue is Europe is a success, or codeshare partners). If codeshare partners will be using the new portion of the terminal I'm sure there will be a lounge to accommodate its premium passengers.

stevemat11

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Blueballs wrote:
Its being announced at the annual stockholder meeting. Maybe before if they dont want all the questions at the meeting to revolve around the pilot contract and fa union vote

When will that be?

LockheedBBD

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Where is this rumor coming from?

Austin787

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Where is JetBlue going to get the slots from at JFK? I would guess that they will have to give up a bunch of domestic flights to make room for international flying at JFK?

JetBlue could buy slots from AA.

LockheedBBD

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:40 pm

sanjet wrote:

That doesn't mean anything. Most shareholders don't have insider knowledge. Embraer's stock has also gone up since yesterday.

Blueballs

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:46 pm

stevemat11 wrote:
Blueballs wrote:

When will that be?

It’s mid May. I can’t remember the day exactly maybe the 17th

MIflyer12

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Austin787 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Where is JetBlue going to get the slots from at JFK? I would guess that they will have to give up a bunch of domestic flights to make room for international flying at JFK?

JFK isn't slot constrained except early evening, right? B6 could play with domestic departures in that period enough to launch 5 TATL flights.

northstardc4m

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:48 pm

LockheedBBD wrote:
Most shareholders don't have insider knowledge.

And if you DO have insider knowledge and trade financial instruments based on that knowledge... well it's a federal crime of one flavor or another depending on the specifics.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

nikeson13

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:53 pm

JetBlue Airway Q1 Earnings Call is April 24
http://investor.jetblue.com/investor-re ... endar.aspx
Nikolas

ScottB

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:56 pm

UPNYGuy wrote:
I will be surprised if the E190s stay, especially with the rumors of Boeing being interested in Embraer. Jetblue shopped the 737 first, and Boeing did not take Neelman seriously. They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them (airbus), and will strongly consider the C Series now that Airbus has stepped in. Remember, Jetblue was against the tarif and helped fight it. Jetblue senior leadership has also been very vocal about the overall displeasure with the Ejet maintainance and operating costs The E2 would need to be markedly better for them to consider.

I think talk of Boeing getting involved with Embraer has little, if anything to do with whether JetBlue would choose the E2. Rather, I think the C-Series would be a better long-term fit since the CS300 would provide a superior solution for the middle of the gap between 100 seats in the E190/CS100 and 162 in the retrofitted A320s. Given the dearth of orders for the A319neo, the overstuffed order book for the A320neo and A321neo (which should both be far more lucrative than the A319neo), and the partnership between Airbus and Bombardier on the C-Series, I can easily see Airbus cancelling the A319neo and offering the CS300 in that segment instead.

Austin787 wrote:

I doubt AA would be interested in helping a competitor gain access to the lucrative transatlantic market, even if the competition is somewhat indirect. Having B6 compete with Mint in JFK-LON (even if it is to LGW or STN) would likely impact yields for JFK-LHR. You don't think they've seen an impact from B6 in the transcontinental markets?

SumChristianus

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:57 pm

I'd say CS100/CS300 for the fleet order with LGW, DUB, CDG, EDI or GLA and maybe AMS, mostly from BOS with two or three also served from JFK. Europe-North America fares are really crashing though...I'd expect FLL-GRU, FLL-GIG, etc. to follow as well.
UA DL LH NW AA --- Next IND-ATL-DEN: WN 73G/738
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"

lowfareair

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:03 pm

I think BOS-DUB is the obvious one to start with, given that I can't see the EI partnership lasting long-term with EI slated to join the BA/AA/IB JBV. It not only connects BOS with a decent business destination across the pond, it also allows them to test and tweak the soft product before diving into LHR.

I doubt we'll hear too much on exact TATL destinations too far out from when they begin the service, if only to prevent the competition from beefing up those routes ahead of time.

superjeff

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:04 pm

jumbojet wrote:
mikegigs wrote:

My understanding is that JFK slots are not 24 hours, but at specific times. There are times during the day when slots are not a problem. Gates may well be.

As of now, JetBlue doesn't have a formal lounge per-se, but if they go international (i.e., Europe, not Caribbean) with a true Business Class service, I'm sure they'll develop one.

sanjet

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:07 pm

northstardc4m wrote:
LockheedBBD wrote:
Most shareholders don't have insider knowledge.

And if you DO have insider knowledge and trade financial instruments based on that knowledge... well it's a federal crime of one flavor or another depending on the specifics.

Stock markets can also move on rumours, not insider knowledge...
Will Fly For Food!

PanzerPowner

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm hoping for a CS 100/300 order as a Canadian living in Long Beach... maybe wishful thinking can transport me to a world without fines against B6.
Well uh, I obviously decided to refine this but i dont know how.

tphuang

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 pm

A few things.

The q1 earnings call seem to be a perfect time to make an announcement to Europe. They just had a really great q1 with strong mint performance. Now they can use that as an opportunity to bring mint to Europe. I am sure Wall Street will be receptive to that message.

I think they will pick c series and get a great deal from airbus on the a321lr conversion. Maybe they can even order a couple of more a321neo without hurting stock price. A cs100 and 300 combo would allow them to right size all the markets.

First tatl market will probably be London and Dublin. My guess is Boston London and Dublin get announced first. Long term, I am hoping to see fll gets a couple of a321lr for South America.

Initially, this will be all about Boston imo. Cs100 would allow them to add more frequency on routes that they have to use a320 on because e jets can’t handle them. They need to fly to London and Dublin to keep corporate clients happy in Boston and fend off delta.

I hope for London, they will pick lgw and partner up with easyjet. They are not going to get enough slots for lhr. And gatwick is a better option than stn.

cheapgreek

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 pm

UPNYGuy wrote:

Flip side is they do not want to go through teething issues on a new plane again (the e190 intro), so they stick with embraer. I feel this is unlikely, but we will need to see what they do.

Who ever offers the best deal will win, airlines don't hold grudges as any other business will always seek the best deal, price, availability, and product support. Neelman has been long gone along with Boeing top brass from that time long ago and smart management is always looking for the best fit no matter who can supply it. It seems some A.NET posters make decisions based on limited knowledge of an airline whereas no one really knows what goes on behind board meetings. It might even be they view the tie-in with Boeing as a good thing. All we can do is wait.

lowfareair

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:00 pm

tphuang wrote:
A few things.

The q1 earnings call seem to be a perfect time to make an announcement to Europe. They just had a really great q1 with strong mint performance. Now they can use that as an opportunity to bring mint to Europe. I am sure Wall Street will be receptive to that message.

I think they will pick c series and get a great deal from airbus on the a321lr conversion. Maybe they can even order a couple of more a321neo without hurting stock price. A cs100 and 300 combo would allow them to right size all the markets.

First tatl market will probably be London and Dublin. My guess is Boston London and Dublin get announced first. Long term, I am hoping to see fll gets a couple of a321lr for South America.

Initially, this will be all about Boston imo. Cs100 would allow them to add more frequency on routes that they have to use a320 on because e jets can’t handle them. They need to fly to London and Dublin to keep corporate clients happy in Boston and fend off delta.

I hope for London, they will pick lgw and partner up with easyjet. They are not going to get enough slots for lhr. And gatwick is a better option than stn.

Agreed on the C-Series having a good shot. I also think DUB will be the 1st market, although I really can't see B6 making a play for just LGW.
High-yield business travelers want Heathrow, and the fact that not a single major business carrier flies only/primarily into LGW is proof of that. OTOH, did the buyer of SAS's 2 slotpairs they sold last year (but holding onto until 2020) ever get named? Word is it's AA but I don't know if that was firmed up.

WaywardMemphian

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:11 pm

C Series and Going TATL

Now add new cities like MEM to BOS and JFK to help feed them andand fill obvious service gaps and capture some of that 100 pdew for MEM/BOS without a direct flight. They'll mainly steal from Southwest traffic connecting via BWI.

Folks looking for smaller planes right now like JetBlue and Spirit are Airbus only airlines, the C Series just seems more logical now.

evank516

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 pm

tphuang wrote:
A few things.

There's two sides to the coin for Europe. 1) New York-Europe is a larger market than Boston-Europe, so one could say that they would be better off starting Europe from JFK since the demand is stronger, and do it at times where the slot restrictions don't come into play. 2) The Flip Side: New York-Europe is literally flooded with pretty much every European carrier and their mother (haha that kind of makes sense since 4 major European Carriers have parent companies: AF/KL and BA/IB with IAG) on the legacy end of it and then with Norwegian forcing ridiculous amounts of competition causing jetBlue's attempt at NYC-Europe to be flushed down the toilet. BOS is a bit more limited so they may have a competitive advantage.
The third option could be to start JFK and BOS to Europe together.
Last edited by evank516 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CobaltScar

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 pm

I don't see any new news in this thread. I guess I will type what i've typed out in a half dozen similar threads then: I hope B6 goes with the e190 E-2 and also announce trans-atlantic. Oh I also wish they announce a merger with anyone except spirit, allegiant, or frontier.

tphuang

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:19 pm

stevemat11 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
mikegigs wrote:

I would assume a new lounge will come with the terminal expansion. JetBlue is looking to add 16 gates past the current gate 30 all connected to the FIS which can handle wide body a/c. (Very far future for JetBlue is Europe is a success, or codeshare partners). If codeshare partners will be using the new portion of the terminal I'm sure there will be a lounge to accommodate its premium passengers.

I don't think they will build any lounge. They are kind of on auto pilot in JFK. It's all about Boston at this point for B6. At BOS, any pp card holder (which imagine is good junk of mint flyers) can access 3 lounges now that they have a airside C&E connector. At JFK, when they are able to expand T5 into T6/7 and invite foreign carriers in and get lounges built which anyone with pp would access. the problem is the airspace lounge they have in T5 is apparently no good at all.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Lounges ... ernational

jumbojet, you are going to be seeing some really good D1 fares to Europe soon, especially if you are willing to transit in Boston. You can thank B6 again for this.

Austin787 wrote:

I doubt AA would be interested in helping a competitor gain access to the lucrative transatlantic market, even if the competition is somewhat indirect. Having B6 compete with Mint in JFK-LON (even if it is to LGW or STN) would likely impact yields for JFK-LHR. You don't think they've seen an impact from B6 in the transcontinental markets?

That's true. I'd imagine they can pull some other flights if needed or even start operation at ISP. Also, the late evening departures (which are the typical TATL flights) probably aren't that slot constrained, so I don't think they need to free up that many slots. Remember, they operate 175 flights in summer, but rest of the year they are in the 150s, so they have slots they are clearly not using.

Alternative theory, AA doesn't see B6 as a major competitor. They know a strong B6 in JFK keeps DL from making any money, which means DL would have less money to burn at LAX. B6 should go to AA and see what they are willing to sell 10 slots for.

evank516 wrote:
There's two sides to the coin for Europe. 1) New York-Europe is a larger market than Boston-Europe, so one could say that they would be better off starting Europe from JFK since the demand is stronger, and do it at times where the slot restrictions don't come into play. 2) The Flip Side: New York-Europe is literally flooded with pretty much every European carrier and their mother (haha that kind of makes sense since 4 major European Carriers have parent companies: AF/KL and BA/IB with IAG) on the legacy end of it and then with Norwegian forcing ridiculous amounts of competition causing jetBlue's attempt at NYC-Europe to be flushed down the toilet. BOS is a bit more limited so they may have a competitive advantage.
The third option could be to start JFK and BOS to Europe together.

I think they will do both. They will have no problem filling 2 planes a day from nyc to london. And they need to fly bos to london if they want to build a dominating hub there.

LockheedBBD

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
I don't see any new news in this thread.

My thoughts exactly. Nobody's saying where the rumors are coming from, and I haven't found anything online. We already have existing threads discussing B6 and their E190 plans.

unusualattitude

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:45 pm

The OP is playing a game of I have a secret... he started the thread without really adding any substance.

jumbojet

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:54 pm

tphuang wrote:
[. They will have no problem filling 2 planes a day from nyc to london. And they need to fly bos to london if they want to build a dominating hub there.

For starters, JetBlue will have the same problem DL had before DL joined up with Virgin Atlantic. Very few flights into London coupled with nothing to offer on the London side. I don't know many business travelers that will want to fly JetBlue to London with only a 1 or 2 flights a day. Today's business passenger on the lucrative NYC-London route want frequencies. AA for the most part has a JFK-LHR shuttle and DL isnt that far behind with 8x daily flights. No doubt it will be tough for B6 to compete for the business traveler with those opponents. B6 will have to go after the leisure market and their loyal customer base before they can think about trying to lure the lucrative business market onto a B6 to London flight

LockheedBBD

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:00 pm

sanjet wrote:

News reports from yesterday and today say that Bombardier will be able to pay down almost 1 billion in debt by selling land.

Source: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... view-site/
The Bombardier Downsview site, which includes the plant, runway and other land, is currently assessed at a value of just $153.16-million for property-tax purposes. However, sources said bids of more than $700-million have been offered.

jbs2886

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 pm

unusualattitude wrote:
The OP is playing a game of I have a secret... he started the thread without really adding any substance.

Yea, its obnoxious to be like "I have news! But won't tell you!" Clearly gets he can't say anything, but has to tell people he knows something.

tphuang

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 pm

jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:
[. They will have no problem filling 2 planes a day from nyc to london. And they need to fly bos to london if they want to build a dominating hub there.

For starters, JetBlue will have the same problem DL had before DL joined up with Virgin Atlantic. Very few flights into London coupled with nothing to offer on the London side. I don't know many business travelers that will want to fly JetBlue to London with only a 1 or 2 flights a day. Today's business passenger on the lucrative NYC-London route want frequencies. AA for the most part has a JFK-LHR shuttle and DL isnt that far behind with 8x daily flights. No doubt it will be tough for B6 to compete for the business traveler with those opponents. B6 will have to go after the leisure market and their loyal customer base before they can think about trying to lure the lucrative business market onto a B6 to London flight

I think it’s a given that at least starting off, they will be more focused on leisure customers on nyc London market. Bos is different in though. They can be competitive with twice daily. Interesting enough, even dy was talking about business customers with their twice daily service even though they have nothing like jfk on either end or a product like mint. So I think JetBlue will have a chance of getting more competitive with business passengers as they get more aircraft. A big part to watch is who they will partner up with. A lot harder to get this to work if they don’t have someone like easyjet on the other side.

boslax

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Cseries order and BOS transatlantic service at some point to AMS, CDG, DUB, LGW, and MAD

Blueballs

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm

nikeson13 wrote:

That’s not the annual shareholders meeting

nikeson13

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Blueballs wrote:
nikeson13 wrote:

That’s not the annual shareholders meeting

True, the annual shareholders meeting will be sometime mid-May based off previous years (May 18 in 2017).
Nikolas

American 767

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 pm

boslax wrote:
Cseries order and BOS transatlantic service at some point to AMS, CDG, DUB, LGW, and MAD

I think ORY would be a better option than CDG because it might be easier for them to get a slot there. CDG sees a lot more traffic than ORY does so it probably is slot restricted. I don't think any airline has yet flown ORY-BOS nonstop. It must be for the same reason that you mention LGW as opposed to LHR.
Ben Soriano

iyerhari

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:57 pm

jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:

DL only offers one daily flight to a key business market which is BOS to SFO. The LFs also is not great but i believe it is a start and gradually expand. Granted B6 is not DL and they do not have the vast network nor the deep pockets to take risks and losses. B6 does not even serve Canada - Mint is great and may work quite well to LGW or DUB. I just do not know what leisure destination would be appealing to a tourist and splurge on Mint.

arcticcruiser

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 pm

American 767 wrote:
boslax wrote:

I think ORY would be a better option than CDG because it might be easier for them to get a slot there. CDG sees a lot more traffic than ORY does so it probably is slot restricted. I don't think any airline has yet flown ORY-BOS nonstop. It must be for the same reason that you mention LGW as opposed to LHR.

AFAIK ORY is harder to get slots at than CDG.

lightsaber

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 pm

I'm disappointed there wasn't news today.

Will it be C-series or E2-195? I've prognosticated on other threads the C-series, but I want to know am I right or am I eating crow?

nikeson13 wrote:

So an almost week early thread start! ;)
Seriously, they're too close to not be in a quiet time unless there is a leak.

But have they signed all vendor contracts? Sometimes there is no announcement for months to give the team time to buy all the lavatories, galleys, and seats.
Don't forget the infamous QR carpet specification too! :duck:

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

EMBSPBR

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Hint: just to remind JetBlue still has 24 paid to Embraer that weren't not received yet ...

Source:https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/12/09/jetblues-fleet-review-should-wrap-up-soon-and-its.aspx

Excerpts:

"The first CSeries jets have already entered service and have been even more fuel efficient than promised. Another advantage of the CSeries jets is that they have full transcontinental range. As a result, JetBlue could even replace some of its A320s with CSeries aircraft for lower-demand routes that are too long for its Embraer jets."

"However, Embraer's E2-series jets offer some big advantages, too. First, Embraer is in the best position to take JetBlue's current-generation E190s as trade-ins for a new order. Second, JetBlue already has firm orders for 24 E190s, which it could swap for E2 orders. Third, upgrading to the E190-E2 and/or the E195-E2 wouldn't require expensive retraining of JetBlue's pilots. Fourth, of the available options, only the E190-E2 is a true 100-seat aircraft, making it the most suitable for markets where JetBlue most needs smaller planes."

"JetBlue is poised to make some big decisions that will shape its future for the next decade and beyond. Once the carrier clarifies its long-term strategy, the market may begin to recognize the extent of JetBlue's profit growth potential, sending the stock price higher."

eamondzhang

Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:43 pm

lowfareair wrote:
OTOH, did the buyer of SAS's 2 slotpairs they sold last year (but holding onto until 2020) ever get named? Word is it's AA but I don't know if that was firmed up.

It was apparently HU who used the slot to launch a few flights to CSX, together with a few of its subsidiaries (JD, GS).

Michael

lightsaber

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 am

I'm thinking A321LR for Europe.

EMBSPBR wrote:
Hint: just to remind JetBlue still has 24 paid to Embraer that weren't not received yet ...

Source:https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/12/09/jetblues-fleet-review-should-wrap-up-soon-and-its.aspx

Excerpts:

"The first CSeries jets have already entered service and have been even more fuel efficient than promised. Another advantage of the CSeries jets is that they have full transcontinental range. As a result, JetBlue could even replace some of its A320s with CSeries aircraft for lower-demand routes that are too long for its Embraer jets."

"However, Embraer's E2-series jets offer some big advantages, too. First, Embraer is in the best position to take JetBlue's current-generation E190s as trade-ins for a new order. Second, JetBlue already has firm orders for 24 E190s, which it could swap for E2 orders. Third, upgrading to the E190-E2 and/or the E195-E2 wouldn't require expensive retraining of JetBlue's pilots. Fourth, of the available options, only the E190-E2 is a true 100-seat aircraft, making it the most suitable for markets where JetBlue most needs smaller planes."

"JetBlue is poised to make some big decisions that will shape its future for the next decade and beyond. Once the carrier clarifies its long-term strategy, the market may begin to recognize the extent of JetBlue's profit growth potential, sending the stock price higher."

That would be $300k to $500 k per aircraft. Considering how brutal the competition will be, I expect that to be in the noise.

But I claim no insight as to who will win. I think the C-series has the long range advantage. Then again, I live in the Western US we're so many routes are coaster long haul.

JetBlue has paid more than anticipated owning the E-190 fleet leaders. What will they insist on with the E2-195.

JetBlue also has high crew costs. I'M HOME. This is CS300 vs. E2-195. It is a question of how much to upgauged. It won't matter which plane is picked, pilots will get paid the same.

Whomever wins JetBlue has a huge advantage. This could be negotiated to the wire.

Best all, I'm a Pratt fan. In the long run, Pratt is the Victor.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

LockheedBBD

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:18 am

EMBSPBR wrote:

That is a very good point. I think that JetBlue could get a very good deal on E2s and it would probably be an easy 1 for 1 replacement. They could also order the E195-E2 if they want something larger.

zrs70

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:48 am

They would need a new Mint product for this to work - if they want to be competitive with the majors. If they want to be competitive with LCC's, that's another story.

Mint was cutting edge for transcontinental when it first came out. But it isn't anymore. (And to be honest, I never found the seats comfortable).
19 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2019

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos