Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airportugal310

Re: Hainan Airlines at Hilo (ITO)

Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 am

Delivery flight, but interesting choice of airports. Usually deliveries will route through HNL and occasionally Lihue (LIH)
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

rafflesking
Topic Author

Hainan Airlines at Hilo (ITO)

Thu May 03, 2018 4:00 am

I think I saw a Hainan Airlines 737 at Hilo Airport (ITO) on the Big Island in Hawaii yesterday. I don't see it as a bookable option on their website but a Google search suggests it flies from Seattle and onto Guam.

Does anybody know if this is a regularly scheduled island hopping service? Or maybe a delivery flight?

danirich26

Thu May 03, 2018 4:48 am

rafflesking wrote:
I think I saw a Hainan Airlines 737 at Hilo Airport (ITO) on the Big Island in Hawaii yesterday. I don't see it as a bookable option on their website but a Google search suggests it flies from Seattle and onto Guam.

Does anybody know if this is a regularly scheduled island hopping service? Or maybe a delivery flight?

As far as my google search can make out, Hainan don't fly to Guam OR Hilo, so i'm gonna go ahead and say it's most likelye just a delivery flight if indeed it was Hainan....

hnl808

Thu May 03, 2018 8:33 am

It was definitely a delivery flight.

They operated BFI-ITO-GUM-HAK as HU 1387.

It is very interesting that they choose ITO versus HNL as their previous deliveries were via HNL with the most recent one happening on April 13.

77H

Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 am

My there are a number of factors that go into delivery flights. One being availability and price of lodging as well as landing fees, fuel. Another factor, to a degree is crew discretion.

I know that hotel availability is really tight right now in HNL and LIH is probably not a good option now considering the flooding in weeks past. KOA and OGG hotels tend to be really pricy so ITO would seem a good fit.

77H

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos