Page 1 of 1

Delta 40th Anniversary surprise for LHR pax

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:29 pm
by LAX772LR
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of its first nonstop to London, Delta announced that it would be giving a free upgrade and free lounge access to the 40th customer to check-in for each of its (and Virgin's) LHR-USA departures today.

https://news.delta.com/bellbottoms-are- ... 0-years-uk

Anyone know of somebody who "won?" :)

Re: Delta 40th Anniversary surprise for LHR pax

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:33 pm
by 727LOVER
LAX772LR wrote:
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of its first nonstop to London, Delta announced that it would be giving a free upgrade and free lounge access to the 40th customer to check-in for its (and Virgin's) LHR-USA departures today.

https://news.delta.com/bellbottoms-are- ... 0-years-uk

Anyone know of somebody who "won?" :)


So it's just LHR to USA?
One would think it would be the other way around

Re: Delta 40th Anniversary surprise for LHR pax

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:37 pm
by LAX772LR
727LOVER wrote:
So it's just LHR to USA?
One would think it would be the other way around

Seems like it, going by what the article says.

Sorta sucks for VS' Gatwick pax, as that was the airport that actually welcomed the first flight, not Heathrow.

Though funnily enough, Heathrow was the first airport to welcome Delta aircraft on scheduled USA-LON service, more than a half-decade before the first ATL-LGW service.... just that they were operated by PanAm pilots and crew from IAD, while in Delta colors.



Re: Delta 40th Anniversary surprise for LHR pax

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:41 pm
by Polot
What if the 40th person checking in is already in J?

Re: Delta 40th Anniversary surprise for LHR pax

Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:45 pm
by LAX772LR
Polot wrote:
What if the 40th person checking in is already in J?

Dunno, but I'd imagine they'd just skip to #41 and tell that person that they won.... after all, who's going to know?

Re: Delta 40th Anniversary surprise for LHR pax

Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:45 am
by prchan
Easy, nowadays most boarding passes shows check in order #