Re: Rumor: UA cutting EWR-BDL/BWI/DSM and while expanding domestic service

Sat May 12, 2018 7:31 pm

phluser wrote:
jetero wrote:
Of course BWI to IAD won’t get service.

Then, not sure why you wrote:
jetero wrote:
Downtown Baltimore to IAD: 60 mi, potential nonstop service

Potential nonstop service in that they can drive to IAD and reach many international markets nonstop.

phluser wrote:
ABE to PHL has nonstop service on AA. About the same hassle of driving time (from Baltimore to IAD) and AA warrants the service from Allentown to PHL.

Such routes are the exception rather than the rule.

phluser wrote:
jetero wrote:
How is UA ceding the market by putting people on BOM flights via YYZ? More than likely a much better passenger experience at YYZ than EWR.

That's partner Air Canada service, w/ Air Canada receiving the revenue.

Wrong. The revenue is pooled and split. UA wouldn't be selling such tickets at attractive prices on its website otherwise.

phluser wrote:
jetero wrote:
(for some reason driving 300+ miles if you live in Virginia Beach is somehow OK).

Because Virginia Beach is a much smaller region in population, offering less value to the EWR hub for it's connections to international markets. Majority of the O&D between NJ and that area will likely stick to driving.

I'd like to hear UA's plans for PHF, with connections to IAD and EWR, and the O&D it will capture for high yielding business passengers from there.

As for "offering less value to the EWR hub for it's [sic] connections to international markets," you have somehow decided that BWI is some linchpin in UA's network out of EWR because Baltimore has a larger metro area than Norfolk. I'm sure the statistics indicate at the very least that the magnitude of such gap is much smaller than you think it is. An average of 120 passengers (enplaned, not O&D) per day flew BWI-EWR in 2017 (4 ERJs on peak days, with 2 connecting to the TATL banks), more than likely 80%+ connecting. What share of those passengers do you think connected internationally? Almost twice that flew EWR-ORF, and I'm sure a much better proportion were O&D.

Is UA right in assuming many passengers will choose to fly out of IAD nonstop to the primary international destinations in Europe? Is it OK sending 5 passengers per day to India via YYZ? Is it OK with some passengers choosing to take Amtrak? Is it OK with some passengers choosing to go down to DCA? Is it OK with losing some passengers? The answer to all of the above is yes.

aemoreira1981

Re: UA East Coast network changes

Sat May 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Does UA plan to extend a codeshare with Amtrak down to Baltimore by any chance? (NOTE: this requires the customer to pay $5 to access EWR at that station, or $1.60 via bus at Newark Penn.) I see the end of the 50-seat jet at EWR very soon, with planes no smaller than the E-Jet being flown in.

uconn99

Sat May 12, 2018 11:56 pm

Looks like BDL-IAD goes to 3x daily mainline with mix of 737-700/800/900 and A320 until November where it goes mainline daily for most days. Interesting that no additional frequencies were added as IAD in the past was 1-2 daily mainline with a mix of CRJ/ERJ on express.

One thing that will hurt BDL with the deletion of EWR would be easy international connections on a short hop. I wonder if AC will try and capture more international connections out of BDL and add a CRJ on the YYZ flight. If anything, this may help EI grab some more international market share at BDL.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Sun May 13, 2018 1:17 am

For historical perspective what was the CO operation like at EWR before they RJ’d the heck out of it starting in the late 90s early 2000s

Aliqiout

Sun May 13, 2018 1:49 am

phluser wrote:
jetero wrote:
Of course BWI to IAD won’t get service.

Then, not sure why you wrote:
jetero wrote:

ABE to PHL has nonstop service on AA. About the same hassle of driving time (from Baltimore to IAD) and AA warrants the service from Allentown to PHL.

jetero wrote:
How is UA ceding the market by putting people on BOM flights via YYZ? More than likely a much better passenger experience at YYZ than EWR.

That's partner Air Canada service, w/ Air Canada receiving the revenue.
jetero wrote:
(for some reason driving 300+ miles if you live in Virginia Beach is somehow OK).

Because Virginia Beach is a much smaller region in population, offering less value to the EWR hub for it's connections to international markets. Majority of the O&D between NJ and that area will likely stick to driving.

I'd like to hear UA's plans for PHF, with connections to IAD and EWR, and the O&D it will capture for high yielding business passengers from there.

I wouldn't be sure Virginia Beach offers less value for the EWR hub than BWI. It doesn't look like UA thinks it does. BWI is a larger market, but some of that maker can be captured by IAD and international connecting fares are much lower out of BWI. UA is focusing domestic growth on smaller markets where fares are much higher.

ncflyer

Sun May 13, 2018 2:32 am

My own opinion I wouldn’t put much stick in the aircraft type this far out. UA is certainly known to change. CLE is showing 3 of 4 mainline to Dulles I really have a hard time believing this will stick.

jfklganyc

Sun May 13, 2018 3:06 am

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
For historical perspective what was the CO operation like at EWR before they RJ’d the heck out of it starting in the late 90s early 2000s

It is not really a valid question in a sense. It was in the late 90s that they really polished off the EWR hub.

rnav2dlrey

Sun May 13, 2018 3:31 am

DC10LAXJFK wrote:
Here's my question. Will they increase service levels from IAD and will they put in a Polaris lounge?

I fly F from BDL to LAX and to HNL and the islands often, and will go through EWR to get ps service (lie flat). Without driving to BOS or NYC, no other connection will guarantee high level of F/J service to LAX, and I'm 30 mins from BDL so not willing to face a 3 hr drive to/from BOS or NYC with the traffic. Wonder how much existing ps service to LAX is from small NE connections vs all O&D?

Also, if I'm going to HNL or the islands off season, IAD only has a Saturday only nonstop, otherwise it's connection through ORD, DEN or IAH. While they're all lie flat, on 772 it's 8 across and DEN is 752 2x2. As a solo traveler, the 2x1x2 is perfect if no 1x2x1 available as with DL and AA. Would be interested if they increase the HNL flight at IAD to daily year round if they move more connecting traffic there.

That's my very individualized view of the impact.

i had to do a double take on your post because i assumed i had written it while half asleep last night - we fly the same exact routes ex-BDL.

i prefer EWR connections for TCON/HNL because of lie-flat F availability and the fact that i can sleep for a larger portion of the flight. EWR-BDL being cut surprised me, as half of the service is mainline at this point. PVD, on the other hand, is entirely express (even to ORD). i figure UA has been significantly more successful at BDL than PVD in the past few years.

in response to others, of course there's little O/D BDL-EWR. but to then conclude that the route's traffic is mostly low fare connecting traffic is specious at best - especially relative to similar airports in the region (PVD, MHT, BTV, PWM, etc). for most of BDL's catchment area, driving to EWR is loathed. amtrak should have more appeal, but only a limited number of northeast regional trains (and no acela trains) stop at EWR. if UA beefed up their relationship with amtrak and codeshared on more trains, i'd be open to that. i have no interest in using commuter rail and transferring between GCT and NYP with bags.

PVD757

Sun May 13, 2018 5:01 am

rnav2dlrey wrote:
DC10LAXJFK wrote:
Here's my question. Will they increase service levels from IAD and will they put in a Polaris lounge?

I fly F from BDL to LAX and to HNL and the islands often, and will go through EWR to get ps service (lie flat). Without driving to BOS or NYC, no other connection will guarantee high level of F/J service to LAX, and I'm 30 mins from BDL so not willing to face a 3 hr drive to/from BOS or NYC with the traffic. Wonder how much existing ps service to LAX is from small NE connections vs all O&D?

Also, if I'm going to HNL or the islands off season, IAD only has a Saturday only nonstop, otherwise it's connection through ORD, DEN or IAH. While they're all lie flat, on 772 it's 8 across and DEN is 752 2x2. As a solo traveler, the 2x1x2 is perfect if no 1x2x1 available as with DL and AA. Would be interested if they increase the HNL flight at IAD to daily year round if they move more connecting traffic there.

i had to do a double take on your post because i assumed i had written it while half asleep last night - we fly the same exact routes ex-BDL.

i prefer EWR connections for TCON/HNL because of lie-flat F availability and the fact that i can sleep for a larger portion of the flight. EWR-BDL being cut surprised me, as half of the service is mainline at this point. PVD, on the other hand, is entirely express (even to ORD). i figure UA has been significantly more successful at BDL than PVD in the past few years.

in response to others, of course there's little O/D BDL-EWR. but to then conclude that the route's traffic is mostly low fare connecting traffic is specious at best - especially relative to similar airports in the region (PVD, MHT, BTV, PWM, etc). for most of BDL's catchment area, driving to EWR is loathed. amtrak should have more appeal, but only a limited number of northeast regional trains (and no acela trains) stop at EWR. if UA beefed up their relationship with amtrak and codeshared on more trains, i'd be open to that. i have no interest in using commuter rail and transferring between GCT and NYP with bags.

PVD-EWR is showing all E75/E70 in October and all UA flights are 2-class that month as well.

mattnrsa

Sun May 13, 2018 7:19 pm

I wonder if the used A319s coming online will be used primarily to fund the extra EWR mainline flying.

hoya

Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 am

rnav2dlrey wrote:
DC10LAXJFK wrote:

What's wrong with connecting in ORD? Lie-flats on the HNL and OGG flights, though OGG is 5x weekly (Sat only this fall). Or is the lie-flat on the domestic 777 considered not high-level enough?
Hoya Saxa!!

joelliot

Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 am

hoya wrote:
rnav2dlrey wrote:
DC10LAXJFK wrote:

What's wrong with connecting in ORD? Lie-flats on the HNL and OGG flights, though OGG is 5x weekly (Sat only this fall). Or is the lie-flat on the domestic 777 considered not high-level enough?

I fly PVD-x-HNL about twice a year and haven't been hit with too many changes yet. I will say,e PVD-ORD-HNL is often priced higher then PVD-EWR-HNL or PVD-IAD-HNL. So a higher price with a lower quality hard product and shorter time to sleep on the red eye back makes it a bad call in most cases.

Runway28L

Mon May 14, 2018 1:31 am

mattnrsa wrote:
I wonder if the used A319s coming online will be used primarily to fund the extra EWR mainline flying.

Most of the former CZ A319s I've seen have been flying out of ORD and DEN lately with some IAH and SFO rotations mixed in.

I would love it if YX was able to get more E175s to fly out of EWR and replace E145s one-for-one but that isn't gonna happen ever given the current scope clauses at UAX.

rnav2dlrey

Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 am

hoya wrote:
rnav2dlrey wrote:
DC10LAXJFK wrote:

if my upgrade doesn’t clear via EWR, i won’t be stuck on a 10-across 772. EWR-HNL used to be an easy upgrade (and is still the best use of an RPU in the system), but since the route was downgauged 764 to 763, it’s gotten a lot tougher.

hoya

Mon May 14, 2018 2:39 pm

rnav2dlrey wrote:
hoya wrote:
rnav2dlrey wrote:

if my upgrade doesn’t clear via EWR, i won’t be stuck on a 10-across 772. EWR-HNL used to be an easy upgrade (and is still the best use of an RPU in the system), but since the route was downgauged 764 to 763, it’s gotten a lot tougher.

EWR-HNL is on a 764 (or are you talking about 2019 already?). IAD-HNL remains a 763.
Hoya Saxa!!

evank516

Mon May 14, 2018 2:58 pm

EYW has been year round in UA's system for a while now, and I think I even started a threat on it. It operates Sat and Sun only with 1x EWR and 1x ORD unless they expanded that.

jetero

Mon May 14, 2018 4:02 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
jetero wrote:
phluser wrote:
It just seems bizarre that the strategy is to increase service to markets like ORF out of EWR, while cut off BWI from EWR. Travelers inclined to go long haul international ex EWR would more likely live around BWI over ORF. If it's the what's drive-able vs. what's not for NYC O&D, Virginia Beach to NJ is doable as a drive - scenic drive over the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel. So, it's higher yield business pax traffic, how much can UA stimulate and win market share over AA and DL's ORF-LGA/JFK.

Downtown Baltimore to EWR: 178 mi, connecting

Downtown Virginia Beach to EWR: 353 mi, connecting

If you take what’s UA put in the press release at its word and not more of a messaging effort, what would you choose based on your example?

But on some days it can take just as long to get to EWR from Baltimore than IAD.

Well I guess it’s plain then that United just doesn’t care about Baltimore.

smokeybandit

Mon May 14, 2018 4:03 pm

jetero wrote:
phluser wrote:
It just seems bizarre that the strategy is to increase service to markets like ORF out of EWR, while cut off BWI from EWR. Travelers inclined to go long haul international ex EWR would more likely live around BWI over ORF. If it's the what's drive-able vs. what's not for NYC O&D, Virginia Beach to NJ is doable as a drive - scenic drive over the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel. So, it's higher yield business pax traffic, how much can UA stimulate and win market share over AA and DL's ORF-LGA/JFK.

If you take what’s UA put in the press release at its word and not more of a messaging effort, what would you choose based on your example?

But on some days it can take just as long to get to EWR from Baltimore than IAD. OK that's not true, but with DC traffic it sure feels that way
Last edited by smokeybandit on Mon May 14, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyguy84

Mon May 14, 2018 4:22 pm

jetero wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:
jetero wrote:

But on some days it can take just as long to get to EWR from Baltimore than IAD.

Why should they? It’s just another outstation to them.
SFO

jco613

Mon May 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Reallocating United Express flights from AVP (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania), CHA (Chattanooga, Tennessee) and ITH (Ithaca, New York) from EWR to IAD

I've seen this before...and BGM no longer has UA

rnav2dlrey

Mon May 14, 2018 4:47 pm

hoya wrote:
rnav2dlrey wrote:
hoya wrote:

EWR-HNL is on a 764 (or are you talking about 2019 already?). IAD-HNL remains a 763.

it must have switched back to the 764 in the past few months. good to know, thanks!

LHUSA

Mon May 14, 2018 5:10 pm

jetero wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:
jetero wrote:

Not true. United sent BWI a basket of mini muffins, so they clearly care. BWI understood that airlines should not operate loss-making routes.

IADCA

Mon May 14, 2018 5:25 pm

DC10LAXJFK wrote:

They're putting in a Polaris lounge. It's already been announced and is on the Polaris tracker on United's site, albeit with no time estimate.

tphuang

Mon May 14, 2018 5:25 pm

I am a little confused by their announced schedule additions to Florida locations out of ewr. It seems like nothing changed from a frequency point of view. Did the equipments change?

cheapgreek

Mon May 14, 2018 6:41 pm

The Lynchburg,Va paper has an article stating that UA might offer LYH-IAD flights this year.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/a ... bf11f.html
Would also be good to have HVN-IAD flights as there is no service to the DC area airports.

gsg013

Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 pm

What is the change to the following three routes going forward in terms of frequencies and equipment type.

1. EWR-BNA
2. EWR-MEM
3. EWR-EYW

gsg013

Mon May 14, 2018 7:44 pm

I do also think this is in some way a response to DL adding capacity going LGA-Florida by kicking out the MD-88/90 or 717-200 Aircraft on these routes and mostly going to A319/320/321 or in some cases 737

evank516

Mon May 14, 2018 7:51 pm

gsg013 wrote:
What is the change to the following three routes going forward in terms of frequencies and equipment type.

1. EWR-BNA
2. EWR-MEM
3. EWR-EYW

I can only answer for EYW, but once the original season ends, EWR-EYW goes to Sat and Sun only and then daily effective 10/4. ORD-EYW remains Sat/Sun only.

Delta757MD88

Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm

So this bears the question, what about the current Terminal A (A2, the UAX part) at EWR, as someone who uses it fairly often, the gates are really close together and are meant for 145's, I wonder what happens when we see more 170s and 175s. Also, that place is a dump, but that's another conversation.
Flown on: MD-88/90 DC-9 717 737-7/8/900, 757-2/300, 767-3/400 777-200/300ER 787-9, E145/170/175, CRJ-100/200/700/900, A319/320 A333 A350 Q300/400.

STT757

Thu May 17, 2018 11:52 am

cosyr wrote:
I always thought this type of move made sense. IAD fills both the role it previously did and CLE once did for domestic connections. At the same time, they will address some of the strain on EWR, and hopefully address the terrible on time performance of EWR.

I also wonder if part of the reason for fewer Express flights is the construction on Terminal A. Eventually I think it would make sense for Delta to move to the new Terminal A, and UA can take over their arm of Terminal B, and then attach Terminal B and C by a bridge.

DL is one of the parties negotiating a new lease to move to the new terminal One, in fact all the domestic carriers and AC will be at the new Terminal One. With regards to the B-1 concourse, it's either going to be incorporated into the FIS to increase capacity, or UA will move in to be closer to both Terminal C and to connections coming of their International flights that arrive at B. UA will either also have a presence in the new Terminal One, seeing how it's a new facility and their new commitment to growing mainline while reducing Express at EWR they might have plans for something different than what they currently are offering at Terminal A (all Express ERJ-145s).

Previously they used their gates in terminal A for domestic flights to ORD, MDW, ATL, DFW, DCA, IAD and I believe BOS. They could do something similar, or have all Florida plus pre-clearance Caribbean (NAS, BDA, AUA etc..) or they could move their SFO and LAX flights to the new Terminal and build a new snazzy Polaris lounge just for those customers.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

SumChristianus

Fri May 18, 2018 5:43 pm

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/washington-dulles-prospects-improve-as-costs-fall-448659/

So I guess this is why UA is more comfortable with IAD. It's still expensive, but at least things are moving in the right direction.
UA DL LH NW AA WN - Hope I don't have to leave WY for a while
"Born in Wonder, Brought to Wisdom"

SumChristianus

Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 pm

cheapgreek wrote:
The Lynchburg,Va paper has an article stating that UA might offer LYH-IAD flights this year.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/a ... bf11f.html
Would also be good to have HVN-IAD flights as there is no service to the DC area airports.

Yes, I'd like to see JFK, HVN, SWF, PHF, LYH, TOL, PIR, and ACY added to UA's east coast network. Won't all happen though!
I would have expected DL to go back to LYH first, interesting...
“I think that [our chances are] better than even odds, and they should be even better than that,” he said. “I have a meeting with United in May, and I will be presenting information and market data, and it’s my job to present to them all of my best data to show that we are underserved and that we could support and fill their airplanes if they came to Lynchburg.”

CapitalAvGeek

Sat May 19, 2018 7:32 pm

SumChristianus wrote:
Yes, I'd like to see JFK, HVN, SWF, PHF, LYH, TOL, PIR, and ACY added to UA's east coast network. Won't all happen though!

PHF is hoping for new flights with UA to IAD. The airport claims that 1,000 passengers “bleed away” to other airports. I dont’t know If LYH and PHF are saying they want flights to IAD with UA expanding flights from IAD, or if it’s just a coincidence.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/airport/ ... story.html

UA777FO

Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Runway28L wrote:
mattnrsa wrote:

Most of the former CZ A319s I've seen have been flying out of ORD and DEN lately with some IAH and SFO rotations mixed in.

I would love it if YX was able to get more E175s to fly out of EWR and replace E145s one-for-one but that isn't gonna happen ever given the current scope clauses at UAX.

Hopefully we will get the A319 back on Ict-Ord as more come online.

PVD757

Sat May 19, 2018 9:26 pm

PVD-ORD sees mainline for the fist time in almost 2 years starting on 10/28.

PVD757

Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 pm

PVD-ORD sees mainline for the fist time in almost 2 years starting on 10/28.

jetero

Sun May 20, 2018 2:32 am

SumChristianus wrote:
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/washington-dulles-prospects-improve-as-costs-fall-448659/

So I guess this is why UA is more comfortable with IAD. It's still expensive, but at least things are moving in the right direction.

Yeah, what a surprise. Traffic goes up and unit costs go down. It’s just ... math.

FlyingElvii

Sun May 20, 2018 4:02 am

jfklganyc wrote:
Sounds like they woke up to a reality of:

1. Unslotted EWR with increased competition

2. A Delta hub that is more O and D focused than their hub

3. B6 and now WN with a sizable presence in NYC

That days of wasting gate and runway space on flights with 30 people on them are coming to an end in NYC (beyond LGA due to the perimeter rule)

I cant believe this isnt a bigger deal on this site...this is a fundamental realignment of their hub thinking for NY

Another important point to keep in mind...

UA is scope'd out in terms of adding large RJ's, so they cannot increase capacity by adding regional frequencies, they can only do it by upgauging. Also, EWR is usually flow controlled on any given day for a whole host of reasons, and the rich folks that own the politicians are getting tired of the delays it causes for TEB. More flights would only make that worse.

IAD seems easier to add and subtract capacity as needs and economic conditions arise, than does EWR, given the competitive environment.

ncflyer

Sun May 20, 2018 4:11 am

I’m surprised the horrible state of Dulles doesn’t get discussed more here. At current traffic levels the bus station terminal concessions are overwhelmed during UA peaks as is the HVAC on warm days. Yet they’re planning to add more people?

I take iAd to PEK sometimes, talk about being embarrassed at state of US and infrastructure.

jetero

Sun May 20, 2018 4:12 am

ncflyer wrote:
I’m surprised the horrible state of Dulles doesn’t get discussed more here. At current traffic levels the bus station terminal concessions are overwhelmed during UA peaks as is the HVAC on warm days. Yet they’re planning to add more people?

I take iAd to PEK sometimes, talk about being embarrassed at state of US and infrastructure.

I’m sure MWAA is more than ready to move dirt on the Tier II concourse (or whatever it’s called) if UA agrees to pay for it. But, alas, they say the costs are already too high. That’s what happens when you invest multiple billions of dollars in an APM, build a new international concourse, build a new FIS, build a new security checkpoint, and build a new runway and traffic drops by a third due to the financial crisis and the US-DL DCA slot deal.

pwm2txlhopper

Mon May 21, 2018 2:34 am

I don't have time to read through the entire thread right now, but I'll mention UA (regional partner) will commence Presque isle, Maine PQI- to Newark-EWR in July. 12x weekly.

This was the winning bid for EAS service to PQI. Currently PenAir flys to BOS, but their contract expires and they lost this bid to UA.

'United wins bid for Presque Isle air service'

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/03/21/ ... r-service/

SumChristianus

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

I wonder if "nearly entirely mainline" means mostly mainline ASMs, which I bet UA is close to already at EWR. Kind of would be disingenuous, but I don't see UA going "mostly mainline" on a seat basis to BUF, IND, PWM, etc. soon let alone GSO, DAY, or SBN.

Again though IAD needs more Florida, LAS, PHX, etc. service if they want to turn it into more of a "CLT/PHL" answer. You can't fill a PWM mainline increase without corresponding increases in connecting markets like Florida.
At the very least IAD needs the following to support its new connecting traffic.
IAD-MIA 2x E75/319
IAD-RSW 2x 319
IAD-PBI 1x 319
Still it would be far behind CLT/ATL, but its better than nothing.

AVP-EWR top onboard markets:
Market PDEW
Total 54.17582418
DEN 4.395604396

IAH 4.175824176

FLL 4.175824176

RSW 3.296703297 LOST

MCO 2.967032967

LAX 1.868131868

SAN 1.758241758

SEA 1.648351648

SFO 1.538461538

TPA 1.538461538

RDU 1.428571429

AUS 1.318681319

LAS 1.318681319

PBI 1.318681319 LOST

SNA 1.208791209

PDX 1.208791209

DFW 0.989010989

MSP 0.989010989

HNL 0.879120879 WORSE CONNECTION/1x/week

MKE 0.879120879 LOST

MIA 0.769230769 LOST

BNA 0.659340659

DCA 0.549450549 SERVED THROUGH IAD

CVG 0.549450549

PHX 0.549450549

MSN 0.549450549

ORD 0.549450549

PWM 0.43956044

CLE 0.43956044

ATL 0.43956044

GSP 0.43956044

EWR 0.43956044

FAT 0.43956044

SBA 0.32967033

PVD 0.32967033

SMF 0.32967033

CHS 0.32967033

BOS 0.32967033

MEM 0.32967033

SDF 0.32967033

CMH 0.32967033

OMA 0.32967033

ONT 0.32967033

By the above AVP example, even before the effects of lower frequency connections are felt several PDEW are simply lost which UA can serve through EWR now but doesn't serve from IAD. It thus will lose several hundred dollars orf revenue per day (from a cursory glance) by serving AVP from IAD if it doesn't add high volume connecting markets.

I like the IAD/EWR changes overall, but there is a risk if UA doesn't add more Forida service from IAD.

kgaiflyer

Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:53 pm

"At current traffic levels the bus station terminal concessions are overwhelmed during UA peaks as is the HVAC on warm days."

I had heard scuttlebutt about the inconsistent AC in D Concourse but never noticed it before (I'm a UA Million Miler).

However, last Thursday night - arriving at gate D4 and having the jog down to gate D16 where the Main Concourse shuttle docks - the temperature dropped ten degrees.

At 9pm you wouldn't expect any HVAC equipment to not be able to do its job..

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos