mcogator
Topic Author
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:51 am

Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 7:58 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/bre ... story.html


A 59-year-old man punched a deaf pregnant woman and her service dog inside a Frontier flight upon landing in Orlando on Friday.

Petrini Manley complained of being allergic to dogs as the plane descended and was being taxied to the gate at the Orlando International Airport. The service animal, a Great Dane, woke up and Timothy Manley told police the dog “took up more space than [he] felt it deserved.”


Two things:
Punching a pregnant woman is horrible.
Great Dane service dog? Wow.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
 
SPREE34
Posts: 1730
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:09 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Ban him from the airline, and share his identification with the other airlines.
I don't understand everything I don't know about this.
 
flyingcat
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 10:33 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Mongo???
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2907
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 pm

I have been trying to think of a reply, but wow, just wow, punching a pregnant woman and her service dog...........Humans suck
 
cwa2toa
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Great Danes are wonderful service dogs. Service Dog Project out of Ipswich MA has been training Danes as mobility dogs for vets and people suffering from MS and other illnesses for nearly 30 years.
This guy needs to get some anger management. Didn't they see the dog when they boarded? And punching a pregnant woman?????
We’ll pick a star
in the twilight canopy
and search the world
for the sights you long to see.
Your heart is young,
you’re alive, so come with me.

TWA, up, up, and away!
:airplane:
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3368
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Before I completely condemn the man, I need to know if the great dane had its own seat or not. I would be extremely pissed if I had to share my already extremely small space (this is F9 after all!) with a 150 lb animal on 4.5 hour flight. There is no excuse for punching the woman however...
 
User avatar
NWAROOSTER
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:29 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Put him in jail and throw away the key.. Then let him out with the general population and the other inmates will take care of him......... :old:
Procrastination Is The Theft Of Time.......
 
sw733
Posts: 5858
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:19 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:29 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Humans suck

The vast majority of humans are great, but they don't make the news
 
Skylinerworld
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 8:19 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
Before I completely condemn the man, I need to know if the great dane had its own seat or not. I would be extremely pissed if I had to share my already extremely small space (this is F9 after all!) with a 150 lb animal on 4.5 hour flight. There is no excuse for punching the woman however...


Yet there's an excuse to punch a dog? Hmm...
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 9:58 pm

I have 3 Great Danes... I tell you now if one of them saw you punch me, or try to punch them, they would rip you apart! Danes are extremely loyal loving dogs but also very protective! If I’d seen this man punch that women or that dog, I probably would have been arrested!
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
AirCalSNA
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Other than the fact that this happened on an airplane, how does this involve civil aviation. I really wish there were a separate forum for "weird and sensationalistic things that happen on airplanes" to be posted as, in my opinion, stories like these are not really news nor do they involve aviation. People have always and will continue always to do stupid things and I would hope that this website could be a place to avoid this sort of social-media-driven churn.
 
lavalampluva
Posts: 1380
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 10:18 pm

My God people are getting out of control.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5819
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 10:44 pm

A passenger doesn't have to buy a seat for a service dog. Choice of a Great Dane may be ... unfortunate. Carriers can exclude animals that are too big. Other people's problems - allergies, 'uncomfortable' - can't be used as a reason to exclude passenger and service animal.

Punching a pregnant woman? WTF.
 
User avatar
KrustyTheKlown
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Florida Man never rests.
 
2175301
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 11:19 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Fri May 18, 2018 11:20 pm

As a person with allergies to Cats, and flights can be a problem. I now check with the Gate Agent up front if there will be any cats (and may ask for a change in seating location), and have medication on hand to take prior to boarding if there are. I also have an epi pen for the worst case (never needed it). That is what responsible people with allergies do. The Gate Agent//FA's all seem very happy that I am taking proactive actions, have my own medication, and have been nothing but accommodating to my request for potential reseating when there was a cat onboard to put me upwind of it (if possible).

Have a great day,
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 12:45 am

Well that has to be one of the worst headlines I’ve read on here...
-Andrés Juánez
 
thaiflyer
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:55 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 1:22 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
A passenger doesn't have to buy a seat for a service dog. Choice of a Great Dane may be ... unfortunate. Carriers can exclude animals that are too big. Other people's problems - allergies, 'uncomfortable' - can't be used as a reason to exclude passenger and service animal.

Punching a pregnant woman? WTF.


Just for my interest, I know that service dogs doens't need a seat but how do they handle that in practice?
Say for example it is a A320 ( 3 x 3 ) and somebody has a Great Dane as a service dog.
Where do they leave the dog if the plane is fully booked.
I don't think that the dog will fit in front of the passenger without using the seat next to it.
 
davescj
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 1:36 am

Punched anyone? Really? on landing? I do not know where to go.

Civil aviation- if it on a plane, its discussed.

I am all about TRAINED service dogs. I am just. sad.
Can I have a mojito on this flight?
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4383
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 1:48 am

I thought that airlines were federally required to accept service animals even if they have to bump someone or switch seats around, I don't think they have a choice. Taxi cab drivers or Uber have to take you , or you can sue them.

Did frontier really not give a spare seat for the great Dane? I imagine they had too it wouldn't fit, people don't fit in frontiers seats! This sounds like frontiers fault maybe, his behavior was disgusting but frontier might be at fault for letting it happen.

It doesn't sound like the dog did anything wrong here, This is a clear service dog working. If I were this lady I would sue frontier if they didn't give her service animal enough room.

This is a sad sad time to fly people are going crazy with the no room, no padding and no weight seats. I don't even know how a blind and deaf person could use AAs joke of a bathroom on the 737-800 max.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5819
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 2:04 am

thaiflyer wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
A passenger doesn't have to buy a seat for a service dog. Choice of a Great Dane may be ... unfortunate. Carriers can exclude animals that are too big. Other people's problems - allergies, 'uncomfortable' - can't be used as a reason to exclude passenger and service animal.

Punching a pregnant woman? WTF.


Just for my interest, I know that service dogs doens't need a seat but how do they handle that in practice?
Say for example it is a A320 ( 3 x 3 ) and somebody has a Great Dane as a service dog.
Where do they leave the dog if the plane is fully booked.
I don't think that the dog will fit in front of the passenger without using the seat next to it.


I've seen big dogs with owners in bulkhead seats. I don't know what they do with 150-pound St Bernards.
 
ACDC8
Posts: 7773
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 am

usflyer msp wrote:
Before I completely condemn the man, I need to know if the great dane had its own seat or not. I would be extremely pissed if I had to share my already extremely small space (this is F9 after all!) with a 150 lb animal on 4.5 hour flight. There is no excuse for punching the woman however...

I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got to sit beside that kind of puppy lol
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut
 
steveinbc
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 2:31 am

I've never heard of a great Dane being a service dog. It seems unfair on other passengers to have that size of dog imposed as your next seat companion without being offered a chance to move. People react when stressed by environments such as these and to me there needs to be some debate and likely legislation about the non service animal passenger rights as well. Regardless nothing justifies violence especially against a woman who is pregnant and vulnerable.
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72
 
ACA033
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:58 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 5:07 am

I don't know why but that title made me laugh a little.
 
User avatar
smithbs
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 5:44 am

Looks like assault charges, if the news article reads as it actually happened.

However, if I'm in a 737 or A320 and the person next to me has a Great Dane service dog with no assigned seat, I'm going to press the Attendant button and tell the crew that this isn't going to work.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1967
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 6:18 am

AirCalSNA wrote:
Other than the fact that this happened on an airplane, how does this involve civil aviation. I really wish there were a separate forum for "weird and sensationalistic things that happen on airplanes" to be posted as, in my opinion, stories like these are not really news nor do they involve aviation. People have always and will continue always to do stupid things and I would hope that this website could be a place to avoid this sort of social-media-driven churn.


It's UNcivil aviation. Oh please can we have a separate forum titled this? Then people don't have to complain about this type of thread being in "civil aviation" anymore as an added bonus.
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4383
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 6:28 am

We are missing alot of important details here. I kind of what to know how Frontier handled this situation at boarding. Clearly this guy should be charged you don't punch a blind deaf person and her trained service dog no matter what. Since its Frontier it could have been zero planning :( did they try to shove a great dane in with no room, that was a recipe for disaster. Knowing Frontier the employees probably didn't want to get penalized for being late or were not allowed to bump people to make room. It is frontier we are talking about here they are winning the race to the bottom contest
 
GregB145
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 7:07 am

steveinbc wrote:
I've never heard of a great Dane being a service dog. It seems unfair on other passengers to have that size of dog imposed as your next seat companion without being offered a chance to move. People react when stressed by environments such as these and to me there needs to be some debate and likely legislation about the non service animal passenger rights as well. Regardless nothing justifies violence especially against a woman who is pregnant and vulnerable.


Not that common to see a Dane as a service dog, but makes sense as they are a pretty steady breed as can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vSU1Yb_7A

If it is true, pretty low act to punch both a service dog and a pregnant woman. Not a nice individual if true.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2907
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 7:28 am

cwa2toa wrote:
Great Danes are wonderful service dogs. Service Dog Project out of Ipswich MA has been training Danes as mobility dogs for vets and people suffering from MS and other illnesses for nearly 30 years.


Yep, we have a female customer who has a Great Dane as her service dog, in 7 years that I have known her, no problems, no issues, the dog just lays next to her.

sw733 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
Humans suck

The vast majority of humans are great, but they don't make the news


Dealing with the public day in and day out, yes, you are right, some are but some are not....In this case it's a big not.

ACDC8 wrote:
I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got to sit beside that kind of puppy lol


Me to

So the punchers wife is allergic to dogs, yet made it all the way from DEN to MCO with no issues, but on final she discovers the dog (how you hide a great dane in a 320 cabin on a flight that long is a whole different thread) and the husband goes into A'Hole mode......I will actually have to keep an eye on this as assaulting a deaf woman (who happens to be pregnant) will tend to get the book thrown at you, throw in the assaulting a service animal and this guy could actually be looking at a decent amount of time.

XLA2008 wrote:
I have 3 Great Danes... I tell you now if one of them saw you punch me, or try to punch them, they would rip you apart! Danes are extremely loyal loving dogs but also very protective! If I’d seen this man punch that women or that dog, I probably would have been arrested!


A friend of mine has two of the beasts, one thing I have noticed is when something they have not come across before happens they get timid, for example the male thinks it's a lap dog, I ended up having to pick him up when he tried to sit on my wife, I don't think the dog had been picked up in years and when I put it down his tail went between it's legs and he hid behind a couch.....How do yours reach to new things?

But yes, on the other part, if it had been my King Shepard the puncher would have been in serious trouble, you really don't play with dogs of that size and strength.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 6634
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 7:59 am

If it had been a support mouse at 150lb in red pants at MCO that would have been cute. ;)
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
traindoc
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:35 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Very courageous man! He is taking a stand for all airline passengers who have to sit near pregnant women!

In reality, this is the equine paradox at its most obvious example! What is the equine paradox you ask? There are more HORSES BEHINDS than there are HORSES!
 
Aptivaboy
Posts: 794
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm shocked but not shocked by this incident. The level of compassion and courtesy the flying public demonstrates has been declining for years, let alone the public in general. I am surprised that a man would stoop so low as to hit a pregnant woman, however. That is terrible. I truly hope that serious charges are brought and that the guilty are not allowed to fly on this airline ever again. As for the size of the dog, that's actually irrelevant. By reading of the story was that the perp was upset about a supposed allergic reaction. If so, that could have happened with any breed of dog, large or small. Was alcohol involved? For someone to commit such an act, I have to wonder of a little boozy courage wasn't in play.
 
User avatar
exFWAOONW
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Just when you think pax behavior has sunk to its lowest, it always finds a way to go lower.
Is just me, or is flying not as much fun anymore?
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 5:15 pm

How pathetic!!! Who punches a pregnant woman and a dog? That's just wrong on all levels. Hopefully the idiot does some serious time behind bars!
I Am A Different Animal!!
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Mark this one down on the list of Florida Man at airports. Here's my log so far;

-FLL: shooter, people brawl because of canceled flights
-MIA: 2 people tried fighting cops, and both resulted in the same consequence
-MCO: guy barricades himself in a corner with a fake firearm, man punches blind people's dog and pregnant lady, man runs towards the security line saying his bag is going to blow up....because the zippers were going to bust.
-DAB: person strips naked and frantically runs around the baggage claim saying there's a bomb (ended the same was as both MIA incidents)
-TLH: Man thinks it's okay to bust through security and sprint down the concourse, end result? (see DAB and MIA).
-RSW: Man gets combative with police, ends peacefully (however it almost ended the same as TLH, DAB, and MIA).

Care to add?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
jonnyclam123
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 5:50 pm

Never a dull day at MCO
 
msycajun
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 pm

Of course the man's behavior is unacceptable, if it indeed happened as the report states. However bringing a great dane onto an F9 plane, even if it is a service dog is pretty poor judgement. It is already cramped and uncomfortable without an animal. I like dogs, but certainly not everyone does and it's not really possible to control a great dane on a plane in a way that is fair to other passengers nearby. We need to have better regulations on this sort of thing. And what about safety? If my 5 pound tablet is considered a risk in the event of a crash landing, what happens when a 150 pound animal with nails and teeth goes hurtling through the cabin?
 
amirs
Posts: 1234
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:20 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 6:45 pm

So apparently she was flying with her deaf partner and two kids ! So they had atleast 4 seats.
Also he punched her in the stomach!!!!!
And apparently touched the two kids.
He had to be tackled down by the bf/husband outside the gate until officers came
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Wow. Is this rock bottom for the traveling public? Punching a pregnant woman and her dog. That is messed up. Unless the pregnant woman and dog were attacking him for no reason I'd add a correction to an earlier post. Put him in jail and throw away the jail. Now there is an issue of a dog that size being in the cabin. What next? A small horse? If your service animal cannot fit without your own floor space then you should be required to buy another seat or two. However much it takes to accommodate an animal of that size. It should in no way EVER encroach on another passenger's space.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 7:44 pm

If I was on that flight and saw this he would've needed to have been taken off on a stretcher. No excuse for that behavior.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5819
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Indy wrote:
Now there is an issue of a dog that size being in the cabin. What next? A small horse? If your service animal cannot fit without your own floor space then you should be required to buy another seat or two. However much it takes to accommodate an animal of that size. It should in no way EVER encroach on another passenger's space.


You can assert that's the way it should be but that's not the present law.
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 10:11 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
You can assert that's the way it should be but that's not the present law.


If someone was rude enough to bring a dog on that size and didn't keep it in their own space, I'd probably be pissed too. I wouldn't punch a pregnant lady but I'd let them hear about it the entire flight.

Okay maybe a bad choice of words given this scenario lol. Even if it isn't the law, the airlines should grow a pair and make that policy if it isn't already. Your pet in your own space or you buy two seats. Heck WN does that for passengers of size. Do it for "service animals" as well.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
amirs
Posts: 1234
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:20 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 11:48 pm

Indy wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
You can assert that's the way it should be but that's not the present law.


If someone was rude enough to bring a dog on that size and didn't keep it in their own space, I'd probably be pissed too. I wouldn't punch a pregnant lady but I'd let them hear about it the entire flight.

Okay maybe a bad choice of words given this scenario lol. Even if it isn't the law, the airlines should grow a pair and make that policy if it isn't already. Your pet in your own space or you buy two seats. Heck WN does that for passengers of size. Do it for "service animals" as well.

He only noticed the dog, after the dog stood when he was awakened by the plane landing
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 11:49 pm

amirs wrote:
He only noticed the dog, after the dog stood when he was awakened by the plane landing


He sounds like a first class ass.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
bgm
Posts: 2173
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 pm

Indy wrote:
amirs wrote:
He only noticed the dog, after the dog stood when he was awakened by the plane landing


He sounds like a first class ass.


Of course, it's Florida Man.

https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2003
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Mon May 21, 2018 2:00 am

Aptivaboy wrote:
Was alcohol involved? For someone to commit such an act, I have to wonder of a little boozy courage wasn't in play.


Possibly, but, there are those that are asses without the booze, and just use alcohol consumption as a crutch to blame their assholeness on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -room.html

Everyone involved declined medical treatment at the airport, but Ms Ramirez says she wants to press charges.

The FBI is now investigating what, if any, charges can be laid. The soon-to-be mother-of-three says she will testify in court if needed.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11833
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 pm

If you tell me a great dane is useful to help physically disabled people do stuff I believe you.

I don't think a service dog is really useful for deaf people, some of them don't even consider themselves disabled, but OK.

Now why would a deaf person need a great dane ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
N505fx
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Mon May 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Aesma wrote:
If you tell me a great dane is useful to help physically disabled people do stuff I believe you.

I don't think a service dog is really useful for deaf people, some of them don't even consider themselves disabled, but OK.

Now why would a deaf person need a great dane ?


A deaf person would have a service animal as an essential companion and safe keeper. Great Dane or not (but why not a Great Dane, they are extremely intelligent and loyal breed) service dogs for the deaf can notify if there is a fire alarm, if there is someone breaking the house, if the doorbell rings, if an unseen car honks as someone crossing the street...all sorts of valuable tasks...before you expose your prejudice, do a little research.
 
FatCat
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Mon May 21, 2018 3:21 pm

What the heck, punching a woman and a dog, this man wins game, set and match in "the biggest a**hole on scheduled flights 2018" championship, lol
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right
 
User avatar
Seabear
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Mon May 21, 2018 3:46 pm

I thought that my faith in the human race had already hit rock-bottom... then this subcreature plumbs the depths of my despair.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4678
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Man punches deaf pregnant woman and service dog on F9 flight at MCO

Mon May 21, 2018 3:54 pm

People are increasingly losing it. To punch a pregnant woman and a dog is just cowardly. Growing up, our neighbors had Great Danes. Though they are indeed large, they are incredibly sweet and gentle dogs.
GregB145 wrote:
steveinbc wrote:
I've never heard of a great Dane being a service dog. It seems unfair on other passengers to have that size of dog imposed as your next seat companion without being offered a chance to move. People react when stressed by environments such as these and to me there needs to be some debate and likely legislation about the non service animal passenger rights as well. Regardless nothing justifies violence especially against a woman who is pregnant and vulnerable.


Not that common to see a Dane as a service dog, but makes sense as they are a pretty steady breed as can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vSU1Yb_7A

If it is true, pretty low act to punch both a service dog and a pregnant woman. Not a nice individual if true.

I'd never heard of it either, but they're apparently good for people with mobility issues, Multiple Sclerosis, etc. since they are a large and steady bread. https://explore.org/livecams/dog-bless- ... -puppy-cam

Aesma wrote:
If you tell me a great dane is useful to help physically disabled people do stuff I believe you.

I don't think a service dog is really useful for deaf people, some of them don't even consider themselves disabled, but OK.

Now why would a deaf person need a great dane ?

See above. If I had to guess, the pregnant woman probably has some mobility issue in addition to the deafness, which would explain the Great Dane.

Indy wrote:
Now there is an issue of a dog that size being in the cabin. What next? A small horse? If your service animal cannot fit without your own floor space then you should be required to buy another seat or two.

Actually mini horses as service animals are a thing, particularly in rural areas. There are pics online of people bringing their service horse aboard an aircraft. They're not much bigger than a large dog, so they do fit in the bulkhead section.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos