Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyingclrs727
Topic Author

Frontier: Drunk, CrimeFederal Charges For Man Caught Peeing In-Flight

Mon May 21, 2018 8:51 pm

I wonder if he could end up on a list of registered sex offenders too.

Drunk, CrimeFederal Charges For Man Caught Peeing In-Flight
FBI: Passenger photographed perp relieving himself on seat

MAY 21--A Colorado man is facing federal charges after allegedly groping a female airline passenger and then urinating on the seat in front of him, according to an FBI affidavit.

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/drun ... ght-285930

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/20/p ... -airlines/

RDUDDJI

Re: Frontier: Drunk, CrimeFederal Charges For Man Caught Peeing In-Flight

Mon May 21, 2018 9:10 pm

As others have said many times, it's time for fools like this to be permanently banned from flying. FL350 is no place to have to deal with an idiot like this.

Jetty

Mon May 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Deserved.

smokeybandit

Mon May 21, 2018 9:53 pm

"WARNING: A photo provided by the passenger shows what appears to be the man peeing. While it doesn’t clearly show his private parts, it does show a big stream of pee. "

Definitely something you don't see mentioned in a newspaper article too often. "A big stream of pee"

slcdeltarumd11

Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Frontier really is winning the race to the lowest.

77H

Mon May 21, 2018 11:37 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

What does this have to do with F9 other than it occurred on a F9 aircraft? How would F9 or any other airline for that matter know how a passenger will behave once onboard? And before we get into questions like "why didn't the gate agent deny him from boarding?" or "why didn't the FAs notice how drunk he was?"... lets consider that alcohol doesn't effect people the same, by that, intoxicated people don't always appear to be drunk. Additionally, it is entirely possible for a passenger to go from curbside to seated on the aircraft without talking to anyone which makes it even harder to tell if someone is intoxicated as signs of intoxication like smell of alcohol or slurred speech would be harder to identify.

Attributing this passenger's actions to F9 is tantamount to attributing a drunk driving accident on the car manufacturer. Headline Reads- "Drunk driver in silver Mercedes hits another motorist". You exclaim- "Mercedes is really winning the race to the lowest". Doesn't make much sense does it?

77H

aeromoe

Mon May 21, 2018 11:45 pm

77H wrote:

Attributing this passenger's actions to F9 is tantamount to attributing a drunk driving accident on the car manufacturer. Headline Reads- "Drunk driver in silver Mercedes hits another motorist". You exclaim- "Mercedes is really winning the race to the lowest". Doesn't make much sense does it?

77H

Exactly - very well stated.

Cubsrule

Mon May 21, 2018 11:48 pm

aeromoe wrote:
77H wrote:

77H

Exactly - very well stated.

F9 seems to have more than their share of drunk passenger incidents (IINM this is the second one in a week). If that’s true, it’s fair to ask whether they have a process problem with dealing with drunk passengers. I’m not suggesting an answer to the question but asking the question isn’t outlandish.

picarus

Mon May 21, 2018 11:58 pm

77H wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

What does this have to do with F9 other than it occurred on a F9 aircraft? How would F9 or any other airline for that matter know how a passenger will behave once onboard? And before we get into questions like "why didn't the gate agent deny him from boarding?" or "why didn't the FAs notice how drunk he was?"... lets consider that alcohol doesn't effect people the same, by that, intoxicated people don't always appear to be drunk. Additionally, it is entirely possible for a passenger to go from curbside to seated on the aircraft without talking to anyone which makes it even harder to tell if someone is intoxicated as signs of intoxication like smell of alcohol or slurred speech would be harder to identify.

77H

I think it has everything to do with F9 if they were plowing him with booze if he showed any indication of being intoxicated.

The timeline is the missing piece, but it's possible (and even likely) he started tying one on before he even stepped foot on the aircraft. If he showed signs of belligerence or presentation of threat to any passenger, he should never have been allowed to board. And he certainly should not have continued to be served drinks.

Ultimately, he deserves whatever consequences the criminal justice system dishes out, but F9 probably has some culpability IMHO

77H

Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 am

picarus wrote:
77H wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

77H

I think it has everything to do with F9 if they were plowing him with booze if he showed any indication of being intoxicated.

The timeline is the missing piece, but it's possible (and even likely) he started tying one on before he even stepped foot on the aircraft. If he showed signs of belligerence or presentation of threat to any passenger, he should never have been allowed to board. And he certainly should not have continued to be served drinks.

Ultimately, he deserves whatever consequences the criminal justice system dishes out, but F9 probably has some culpability IMHO

If F9 was plying him with booze or if he showed any indication of being drunk than I'd agree, F9 bears some of the responsibility. But we don't know that meaning it is all speculation.
As I stated above, alcohol intoxication doesn't always present in ways that make it possible for others to notice or gauge the level of intoxication.

Your entire post is speculation yet you seem fine with continuing to dish out culpability directed toward F9.
If I get loaded and wreck my car, are you going to blame BMW? BMW sells cars to whomever can afford them. What you do with that car is on you. F9 sells seats from point A to B. How you conduct yourself in that seat is ultimately on you as the consumer. IF F9 served him an excessive amount of booze, sure, F9 is partially at fault here as it was a negligent thing to do, but this ultimately falls on the passenger himself. For those advocating this guy to put on a no fly list across all US airlines for a time is probably not unwise.

77H

picarus

Tue May 22, 2018 12:52 am

77H wrote:
picarus wrote:
77H wrote:

77H

If F9 was plying him with booze or if he showed any indication of being drunk than I'd agree, F9 bears some of the responsibility. But we don't know that meaning it is all speculation.
As I stated above, alcohol intoxication doesn't always present in ways that make it possible for others to notice or gauge the level of intoxication.

Your entire post is speculation yet you seem fine with continuing to dish out culpability directed toward F9.
If I get loaded and wreck my car, are you going to blame BMW? BMW sells cars to whomever can afford them. What you do with that car is on you. F9 sells seats from point A to B. How you conduct yourself in that seat is ultimately on you as the consumer. IF F9 served him an excessive amount of booze, sure, F9 is partially at fault here as it was a negligent thing to do, but this ultimately falls on the passenger himself. For those advocating this guy to put on a no fly list across all US airlines for a time is probably not unwise.

77H

You're contradicting yourself in order to ultimately agree with me. Whatever. "IF" is the word I led off with; which is, coincidentally, the SAME word you used. I never stated anything in my post as fact -- of course it's speculation. What isn't speculation is that he was served "an excessive amount of booze" (your words). Being an apologist doesn't excuse F9 from some responsibility any more than it absolves this creep from facing the harshest of consequences.

For the record, I am personally indifferent to F9.

Jetty

Tue May 22, 2018 1:11 am

To be fair, he did manage to pee in the pocket and not on the floor. So it could have been worse. :cheeky:

77H

Tue May 22, 2018 2:22 am

picarus wrote:
77H wrote:
picarus wrote:

77H

You're contradicting yourself in order to ultimately agree with me. Whatever. "IF" is the word I led off with; which is, coincidentally, the SAME word you used. I never stated anything in my post as fact -- of course it's speculation. What isn't speculation is that he was served "an excessive amount of booze" (your words). Being an apologist doesn't excuse F9 from some responsibility any more than it absolves this creep from facing the harshest of consequences.

For the record, I am personally indifferent to F9.

There are no contradictions in my posts at all. I said if F9 served the booze then I agree, they are partially at fault. But I do not know the facts about how he got the booze so I can't speak to them and certainly wouldn't make a claim that they bear any responsibility until those facts are presented, unlike what you have done. What I do know is that an adult man choose to drink in excess and act like a fool. These are facts of which there is even picture evidence.

I don't know if you're calling yourself an apologist but on the off-chance it is directed at me, I am not apologizing for anyone. The only entity who needs to apologize is the passenger. Expecting adults to conduct themselves properly in society is the job of the individual, not a business, regardless of the industry. The propensity at which I see people on this forum throw blame at businesses because an adult didn't do their due-diligence or acted inappropriately terrifies me as it shows the lack of personal responsibility and accountability is growing at an ever faster rate. I would expect the average person consuming alcohol not only knows their limits but also knows where and when it appropriate.

Most importantly, you still haven't answered my question about me getting loaded and wrecking my car? Would you hold BMW accountable? How about the alcohol manufacturer? The liquor store, bar? The friend I drank with? Who else shares the blame for my actions? I ask this because it speaks directly to my point about you attempting to pass accountability, however small onto the airline.

Also for the record, I couldn't give two shakes about F9. Never flown them, don't plan to.

77H

TWA772LR

Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 am

Jetty wrote:
To be fair, he did manage to pee in the pocket and not on the floor. So it could have been worse. :cheeky:

One mans seat back pocket is another mans toilet!

questions

Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 am

Please use a seatback pocket in your ticketed cabin.

OA412

Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 am

Please do not post links to the person’s Facebook page.

RamblinMan

Tue May 22, 2018 3:23 am

I'm not yet going to jump on the bandwagon blaming Frontier for this...if it turns out they overserved him, well then that's a problem. I do however see a trend with ULCCs and this kind of thing. Whenever we see an article about an onboard fight, seems like it is on one of the discount carriers.
From personal experience, just recently on NK I was sitting in a row with a crazy lady screaming that she was about to urinate on herself after a FA wouldn't allow her to go to the lav DURING takeoff. The other few times I've traveled recently have been with DL and I have thought them all to be remarkably civilized. And I do consider this when booking. Hard to put a dollar value on a lower likelihood of sitting next to a drunk or a lunatic, but I know it's greater than zero.

RamblinMan

Tue May 22, 2018 3:28 am

OA412 wrote:

Understandable and should be obvious that a link to the facebook page is not allowed, one comment here did not link to his profile page and only advised of its existence (and that it contains some amusing commentary) yet that comment was also removed. Can you please clarify the forum rule and how it pertains to that post?

Super80Fan

Tue May 22, 2018 3:49 am

RamblinMan wrote:
OA412 wrote:

Understandable and should be obvious that a link to the facebook page is not allowed, one comment here did not link to his profile page and only advised of its existence (and that it contains some amusing commentary) yet that comment was also removed. Can you please clarify the forum rule and how it pertains to that post?

Agreed, I would like some clarification as well. I get the Facebook link, don't know why the other comments were deleted.

pezzy669

Tue May 22, 2018 5:01 am

On a side note those seats look terribly uncomfortable.....look like pleather stretched over a frame with no padding. Flew on a Lufthansa A320 with similar super-slimline seats from LHR-TXL and it was unbearable by the time we landed.

RamblinMan

Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 am

pezzy669 wrote:
On a side note those seats look terribly uncomfortable.....look like pleather stretched over a frame with no padding. Flew on a Lufthansa A320 with similar super-slimline seats from LHR-TXL and it was unbearable by the time we landed.

Could have something to do with it. Create such an uncomfortable and unpleasant cabin that folks feel like they need a few drinks to endure the flight, a few turns into a few too many, hilarity ensues...

oldannyboy

Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

How is F9 culpable for this idiot's behavior? I am frankly missing the link..

How about the Gerard Depardieu peeing on AF first class then? Was that AF's fault, or their part in trying to win a race to the bottom??

FatCat

Tue May 22, 2018 9:28 am

We are all being fooled.
It's the set of Airplane! 3
:rotfl:

qf789

Tue May 22, 2018 12:12 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
RamblinMan wrote:
OA412 wrote:

Agreed, I would like some clarification as well. I get the Facebook link, don't know why the other comments were deleted.

We do not comment on deletions in open forum, instead we will only comment on deletions if contacted at [email protected] and only discuss it with the user whose post was deleted. All posts quoted a deleted post are removed for housekeeping purposes of which is in the rules

RJNUT

Tue May 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Lets just say for this gentleman, his best days are now behind him! WOW ,what a picture. It's a shame ,really.

texdravid

Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Each new episode of the disturbing passenger chronicles get serially worse.

I hear all the time that flying domestically in the US is like bus travel on Greyhound. That is an insult to Greyhound. And yes, it happens on ALL airlines, not just on Allegiant or Frontier or Spirit, et. al

Qfsaviation

Tue May 22, 2018 2:30 pm

I guess my comment of the link was deleted... whoops

lavalampluva

Tue May 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Was it more than 3 ounces of liquid? But seriously....what is going on with people!!?

NZ321

Tue May 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Oh come on get over it. Have some empathy. The man has a problem. Stop externalising and generalising. This is NOT one of those incidents that REQUIRES airlines to set yet another policy ..... not pleasant, I grant. Maybe the man needs help. But it is this really something that warrants discussion?

NZ321

Tue May 22, 2018 2:47 pm

I think we have more important things to talk about than this, please.

chrisnh

Tue May 22, 2018 2:47 pm

"OK...I'm on a plane...a captive...surrounded by people who'd be happy to rip me to shreds if I cause a ruckus. And when we land, I'm easily arrested and hauled away. No 'running away' here."

That's my thought process, anyway :roll: :roll: :roll:

sturmovik

Tue May 22, 2018 3:03 pm

They take a much more lenient view on these kinds of things over at Wizz Air.

I'll show myself out.

diatraveler

lavalampluva wrote:
Was it more than 3 ounces of liquid? But seriously....what is going on with people!!?

Sir, would you like a window, aisle or last-row lavatory?

Jetty

NZ321 wrote:
I think we have more important things to talk about than this, please.

Could it be that this mans problem has anything to do with the rules regarding liquids? If he wasn't forced to drink all bottles he had with him when entering the terminal he might have been able to better control his bladder.

PanzerPowner

Tue May 22, 2018 3:05 pm

Someone get the Sex Offender Shuffle running.

JAAlbert

Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Okay, so the guy had too much to drink. But groping women and whipping it out and peeing on a passenger plane? Alcohol makes you do some stupid stuff, but this guy is off the charts. You just gotta wonder sometimes at what's going in these guys' brains.

I don't think Frontier is on a race to the bottom -- but some of its passengers sure are!

JAAlbert

Tue May 22, 2018 3:10 pm

sturmovik wrote:

I'll show myself out.

OMG hysterical! Yes, please leave immediately.

ILNFlyer

Tue May 22, 2018 3:10 pm

sturmovik wrote:

I'll show myself out.

:rotfl:

DaveFly

Tue May 22, 2018 3:26 pm

I’m not so sure I’d dismiss the link between Frontier and low-class passengers so quickly. The LCCs do seem to attract some sketchy characters. And as for Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and other luxury cars, you’d think that for the price of the car it would come with turn signals and the ability to stay in the lane. There’s a link there too, I’m afraid. Those brands attract a lot of arrogant, self-important drivers who ignore safe driving practices here in the States. Their punishment should be a flight on Frontier.

727LOVER

Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 pm

So, the outbound CHS flight was canceled, right? Or was it a RON?

727LOVER

Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm

DaveFly wrote:
I’m not so sure I’d dismiss the link between Frontier and low-class passengers so quickly. The LCCs do seem to attract some sketchy characters.

1. United Airlines
2. first class
3. bowel movement
4. beverage cart

NEED I SAY MORE?

slider

Tue May 22, 2018 4:51 pm

A key part of this that no one has remarked upon:

"Haag, drinking double vodka and tonics aboard Flight F9864,..."

Some of this may revolve around the notion of how much he was served onboard, whether he was intoxicated prior to boarding, etc.

F9Animal

Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Geesh!!! I guess this is to be expected on the ULCC models today. Maybe these ULCC's should start hiring security guards or bouncers for these flights? When people are getting tickets for less than $20, I suppose it brings alot of questionable greyhound flyers.

It's sad to see F9 like this. I sure miss the days when the airline was nice

mariner

Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm

F9Animal wrote:
Geesh!!! I guess this is to be expected on the ULCC models today. Maybe these ULCC's should start hiring security guards or bouncers for these flights? When people are getting tickets for less than $20, I suppose it brings alot of questionable greyhound flyers.

Hmmmm? How does Frontier comes into this - other than the unfortunate airline on which this man bought a ticket? It's not so very long ago that a certain Dr. Dao was removed by police - kicking and screaming - from a United flight.

77H

Tue May 22, 2018 10:05 pm

DaveFly wrote:
I’m not so sure I’d dismiss the link between Frontier and low-class passengers so quickly. The LCCs do seem to attract some sketchy characters. And as for Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and other luxury cars, you’d think that for the price of the car it would come with turn signals and the ability to stay in the lane. There’s a link there too, I’m afraid. Those brands attract a lot of arrogant, self-important drivers who ignore safe driving practices here in the States. Their punishment should be a flight on Frontier.

I've seen low class passengers on almost every airline I've flown on. If you have a Facebook or Instagram account, search for account: passengershaming. The was a thread on it here not long ago. I think you'll realize very quickly every airline has their fair share.

As for German performance brand vehicles, if by chance you are referring to my earlier posts, you are missing the point. The point is, unless F9 employees provided the booze that got him to this level of intoxication (which we don't know at this point), this has nothing to do with F9 other than this particular passenger happened to be flying F9. I used drunk driving as an example to draw parallels between blaming F9 for this man's behavior and blaming an auto manufacturer for a drunk driving accident. I used BMW as this is the brand I own. And for the record, I use my turn signals religiously. ;)

IMO, this passenger is an adult who should be more than capable of acting in a responsible manner, including making the sovereign decision to cut himself off, barring any medical issues like alcoholism. I'd expect an adult to behave appropriately in the setting which they are in. I'd also expect that an adult would take responsibility for their actions and not try and pass blame on any other entity. Airlines are in the transportation business. They are not in the business of hand-holding or babysitting adults.

77H

NBGSkyGod

Tue May 22, 2018 10:34 pm

I guess I am the only one who read this and thought, wow, Colorado Man is really trying to one-up Florida Man.

IPFreely

Wed May 23, 2018 2:16 am

Jetty wrote:
Could it be that this mans problem has anything to do with the rules regarding liquids? If he wasn't forced to drink all bottles he had with him when entering the terminal he might have been able to better control his bladder.

Considering he was able to fill the seatback pocket while reclining in his seat, I would say his control was excellent.

Antarius

Wed May 23, 2018 2:21 am

sturmovik wrote:

I'll show myself out.

Winner.

/thread

F9Animal

Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm

mariner wrote:
F9Animal wrote:

Hmmmm? How does Frontier comes into this - other than the unfortunate airline on which this man bought a ticket? It's not so very long ago that a certain Dr. Dao was removed by police - kicking and screaming - from a United flight.

Frontier, Allegiant, and Spirit for example, seem to find the customer who would normally use Greyhound. I think the cheaper tickets tend to bring a lower class customer. Unlike the good old days when flying was for the elite, and a suit of dress was appropriate.

I can bet the urinator wasn't a first class kind of guy. L!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos