SCQ83
Topic Author

Vueling Austria to start operating in July with 14 destinations

Tue May 22, 2018 7:24 pm

In German only:

http://www.oe24.at/businesslive/insider ... /330586213

Wirbel um die Billig-Airline Vueling

Österreich-Offensive läuft über Anisec - Piloten-Streit im Heimatland Spanien.

Mit der NIKI-Übernahme ist die spanische Billig-Airline Vueling zwar gescheitert - trotzdem will sie, wie berichtet, in Österreich expandieren und plant, im Sommer eine Basis in Wien mit drei bis fünf Flugzeugen zu errichten. Ab Juni wird Vueling u. a. viermal wöchentlich von Wien nach Mallorca fliegen. Die Österreich-Offensive der Vueling läuft über ihre österreichische Tochter Anisec - es werden derzeit verstärkt Piloten angeworben.

http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... t-in-wien/

Potential destinations:

Alicante - 2xw
Barcelona - 14xw
Bilbao - 3xw
Dubrovnik - 4xw
Ibiza - 3xw
Larnaca - 3xw
London LGW - 14xw
Milan MXP - 14xw
Malaga - 3xw
Olbia - 3xw
Palma - 7xw
Paris CDG - 14xw
Valencia - 2xw
Venice - 7xw

Blerg

Re: Vueling Austria to start operating in July with 14 destinations

Tue May 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Venice is an interesting choice as it is currently operated by OS either four or five times per day and fares tend to be quite high.

Larnaca will be a bloodbath with Austrian, Wizz Air and now Vueling.

So how many planes in total? It has to be at least three or four judging by the number of frequencies.

SCQ83
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2018 10:13 am

They say 4 A321s

a350lover

Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 am

By "Vueling Austria" do you mean anything different than Vueling with its only-one-Spanish AOC?

Blerg

Wed May 23, 2018 10:46 am

SCQ83 wrote:
They say 4 A321s

Interesting especially since Wizz Air plans to base 4 A321s and 1 A320.

MXP will be an absolute bloodbath. Looks to me like they are dumping capacity to drive Wizz Air out of the market especially since they don't plan on launching their own 4 weekly flights before February next year.

JJJ

Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 am

a350lover wrote:
By "Vueling Austria" do you mean anything different than Vueling with its only-one-Spanish AOC?

Anisec Luftfahrt GmbH, IAG-owned and a daughter company of Vueling within the IAG structure, which will be branded as Vueling Austria.

https://www.facebook.com/Anisec-Luftfah ... 771613814/

http://www.anisec.at is purchased but not yet operative.

a350lover

Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am

Vueling has proven different luck on its attempts to become a truly international low-cost player.

While its presence and strenghts in markets like France/Italy to Spain is quite remarkable, for some reason, some other routes did not work well.

Unless they market a whole different product for Austria, I suspect they'll suffer a lot in "bloodbaths" like MXP.

eurowings

Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 am

I wouldn't book a flight with them, since I would not trust Vueling to get it all operationally working so soon. I booked flights when they launched LTN-ZRH, they cancelled the entire route 8 days prior. Also booked AMS-MAN last year, which got canned again. I remember reading a report about Vueling on here where the plane just didn't turn up and the ground staff were not informed.
"Freddie Laker may be at peace with his Maker, but he is persona non grata with IATA."- HRH Duke of Edinburgh

andymartin

Wed May 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Is every LCC going to have an offshoot in Austria? If the taxes there are so low that everyone wants to be there then we should all move in.
Easyjet used the good old Brexit excuse for opening there, what reason does a Spanish airline have??

P1aneMad

Wed May 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Blerg wrote:

There is also FR serving essentially the same market from Pafos (PFO) airport.

OGLOBAL

Wed May 23, 2018 2:36 pm

andymartin wrote:
Is every LCC going to have an offshoot in Austria? If the taxes there are so low that everyone wants to be there then we should all move in.
Easyjet used the good old Brexit excuse for opening there, what reason does a Spanish airline have??

that's like asking why red bull an Austrian company is selling their product in Spain ?

SCQ83
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Blerg wrote:
MXP will be an absolute bloodbath. Looks to me like they are dumping capacity to drive Wizz Air out of the market especially since they don't plan on launching their own 4 weekly flights before February next year.

June - easyJet starts 1 daily
July (supposedly) - Vueling starts 2 daily (A321)
Feb 2019 - Wizzair starts 1 daily (A321)

There are currently 3 (on weekends) and 6 (on weekdays) flights between Vienna and MXP on Austrian. No other carrier serves VIE-MIL.

So roughly in weekdays the Vienna-Milan capacity will be more or less doubled by February and in weekends.. I wouldn't be surprised it will be triplicated since flights will go from 3 to 7 and the 4 new flights have more seats (!).

Blerg

Wed May 23, 2018 2:48 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
Blerg wrote:

There is also FR serving essentially the same market from Pafos (PFO) airport.

Even though they fly from BTS to PFO I don't see them being much of a threat. LCA is much more conveniently located where Agia Napa/Protaras, Nicosia and Limassol are all some 50 km away. Paphos on the other hand serves the western parts of the island and Nicosia is around 150 km away while Larnaca some 100. Best case scenario they might attract some customers heading to/from Limassol. LCA also has a great bus network that has hourly departures to Nicosia and Limassol.

I actually forgot, Eurowings also flies to LCA from PFO.

In the end we will have 14x on Austrian, 4x on Wizz Air, 3x on Vueling and 2x on Eurowings. That said, the market is huge. A few weeks ago OS operated a total of 10 flights from Austria to Larnaca.

P1aneMad

Wed May 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Blerg I was referring to FR's VIE flights from PFO starting on the 3rd of June. Those are in addition to their current BTS schedule.

r2rho

Wed May 23, 2018 3:36 pm

What is it about Austrian labor regulations that everyone absolutely wants to have an AOC there? I am not familiar enough...

With Wizz, plus the FR takeover of Laudamotion, plus the usual EW, the bloodbath is guaranteed. OTOH, LH group has such a firm monop...errr grip on the market that the potential for competition is huge.

Blerg

Wed May 23, 2018 3:59 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
Blerg I was referring to FR's VIE flights from PFO starting on the 3rd of June. Those are in addition to their current BTS schedule.

Thank you for that, I completely missed they were launching this flight. I guess even Ryanair realizes that BTS as an alternative to Vienna is as good as dead.

a350lover

Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 pm

No more news regarding this?
Looks as if Vueling was scared now of the whole market just put on sale by LaudaMotion/Ryanair.
Maybe they are just waiting for some announcement to be made, so that they can really beat the others.
IAG has such a little presence on the leisure markets Canaries/Europe, compared to the huge amount of pax which European carriers move.
And again that takes me back to "the Norwegian chapter". We'll see.

LOWS

Tue May 29, 2018 11:01 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
andymartin wrote:

that's like asking why red bull an Austrian company is selling their product in Spain ?

They don't need an Austrian certificate/registration to do that. They can fly as much as they want from VIE/SZG/etc. today thanks to the EU Single Market.

I'd imagine there is some tax advantage. Maybe hire Slovak staff who can cross the border and would work for less than OS cabin crew.

SQ789

Wed May 30, 2018 2:03 am

SCQ83 wrote:
They say 4 A321s

And maybe even former AB/HG A320's as well?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Blerg

IAG to open a VIE base for Level in three weeks

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:05 am

Good afternoon,

Even though there were multiple threads on IAG's expansion in Vienna, I think it's news that it won't happen with Vueling but rather with the 210 seat A321s operated by Level. Furthermore, we now have an official date for the launch of their Austrian base.

First scheduled flight is supposed to take off on July 17th linking Vienna with PMI and LGW. Over the next four weeks they will expand with flights to Barcelona, Malaga, Venice, Olbia, Ibiza, Paris CDG, Milan MXP, Dubrovnik, Larnaca, Alicante, Valencia and Bilbao.

They will operate out of Vienna airport's Terminal 1. How crowded will the terminal be with Laudamotion, Wizz Air and now Level?

What I am wondering is what will all these airlines do once summer passes and when it won't be as easy to fill seats to holiday destinations such as Malaga, Olbia, Ibiza or Dubrovnik? What kind of destinations can we expect to be added?

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/ ... newsletter

SCQ83
Topic Author

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:18 am

a350lover wrote:
Looks as if Vueling was scared now of the whole market just put on sale by LaudaMotion/Ryanair.
Maybe they are just waiting for some announcement to be made, so that they can really beat the others.
IAG has such a little presence on the leisure markets Canaries/Europe, compared to the huge amount of pax which European carriers move.

So Vueling Austria is dead. Long live LEVEL Austria.

https://www.flylevel.com/austria

Virginblue4

Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:00 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
a350lover wrote:

So Vueling Austria is dead. Long live LEVEL Austria.

https://www.flylevel.com/austria

Strange that the website says level Austria, a level aircraft is shown, but the website is fully branded as Vueling...
712 738 744 752 762 763 764 320 321 332 F70 Q400
BE BY DL MT PC V7 VS WA ZB 6Y

Galwayman

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:55 pm

Amazing how flexible IAG designed LEVEL it will be running flights in about two weeks - superb organisational design even down to the bland branding

Personally I think the big loser is EasyJet , too slow and inflexible with costs too high

a350lover

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:10 pm

I wonder who are the crews which are going to operate this. As far as I know, for sure no Vueling crews (Spain).
How are they going to be operating all theses routes in a matter of just a couple of weeks?

santi319

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:05 pm

So little service to the Balkans.... They seem to be weary of VFR traffic

Blerg

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 am

santi319 wrote:
So little service to the Balkans.... They seem to be weary of VFR traffic

I think they are first going after higher yielding destinations. Wizz Air is already serving quite a few Balkans destinations while Tuzla was already reduced from, I think 4 to 2.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos