DL757NYC

Re: Delta to serve Mumbai nonstop in 2019

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:57 pm

They had this service back in 2009. I think they used the new 777LR. I know somebody who put a little ding on the brand New plane. Let just say Delta wasn’t happy. It was within tolerance so no harm done.

subramak1

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:24 pm

muralir wrote:
As an ORD guy I have no dog in this race of who gets the origin, but I'm curious why they wouldn't decide on somewhere else like BLR or MAA on the India side. If the whole point is to focus on premium O&D (since connecting traffic from the rest of the country have plenty of 1-stop options) and offer a nonstop at a higher yield than the numerous 1-stops available, why choose BOM, where you'll be competing with UA and AI? Why not go for another big destination like BLR and MAA. There's probably enough O&D traffic to those markets from the NYC area that it could work, rather than duke it with UA / AI for premium non-stop travelers to BOM.

To look at it another way: is the NYC-BOM nonstop O&D traffic demand 3 times as much as BLR / MAA such that adding a third flight still yields better traffic than offering the first nonstop to south India?

(And to the DTW fans out there, I'm half serious when I say *ORD* would be a better choice for DL than DTW: this flight is all about O&D traffic that's willing to pay a premium for a nonstop. Which means the size of the city is much more important than connection flows, which is why JFK is the odds-on favorite. If you're depending on people to connect through DTW, why wouldn't they just take one of nearly a dozen other 1 stop options instead?)

A B789 would work for BLR. MAA can only support a 788 to NYC. And a 788 does not have range to MAA NYC. MAA is more of an industrial hub than tech hub that drives lot of BLR US market( MAA is still a big Tech exporter except that it has more home grown companies that don't pay for premium class travel). The premium demand out of MAA is lesser than BLR and is more oriented towards Korea/Japan/Europe than US.

Subu

CaliguyNYC

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:33 pm

To the question if premium demand between NYC and BOM is three times higher than NYC-BLR or MAA, I would say YES. Have no stats just gut. Happy to be corrected. Also from a Skyteam elite perspective, most JFK based J elites would probably fly to BLR, MAA or HYD via JFK-BOM on Delta (BLR and MAA just don’t have a lot of options while NYC-BOM does). It is such a pleasure to get on a long flight and then do a short connection with very frequent timings (if you miss your flight). Aside from flying geeks and those that need to stretch, very very few of us doing the flights to India like leaving JFK at 7pm, land in AMS at 8am (2am NYC time), wait like a zombie for 2/3 hours and then take another 8 hour flight. Also if you miss you BOM flight, chances are you are stuck in AMS for one day. Not fun. The nonstop is basically - food/movie, sleep, food movie. The only way to fly to India

FSDan

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:28 am

I wonder if DL is waiting it out a bit to see how things go for 9W. Any route they start to BOM would do better with a strong partner on the other end...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

Cactusjuba

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:50 am

enilria wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
enilria wrote:
They'll probably do this:

"Hey, wait a minute, we just had time to read the agreement with UAE and it doesn't do anything at all. Here we thought all our problems were solved with India, but no it literally does nothing. We feel sheepish for saying this was a great deal without even reading it. Well, that one is on us. OK, we are restarting our efforts against the UAE because Qatar Airways (which isn't based in the UAE) has invested in Air Italy (which also isn't based in the UAE) which is in clear violation of the UAE agreement causing us to not be able to fly to India (which also is not part of the UAE)."

....and it appears our Chinese partners have done more to decimate our Asian network than the ME3 have done to our one Indian tag

Exactly. They had one 5th freedom flight from AMS to BOM (BTW, they are the same ones telling us that 5th Freedom is a crime) and it didn't make money. Boohoo. What about MNL/JKT/BKK/SIN to your point?

You guys are really good at strawman arguments.

Cactusjuba

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 am

Cactusjuba wrote:
enilria wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
....and it appears our Chinese partners have done more to decimate our Asian network than the ME3 have done to our one Indian tag

Exactly. They had one 5th freedom flight from AMS to BOM (BTW, they are the same ones telling us that 5th Freedom is a crime) and it didn't make money. Boohoo. What about MNL/JKT/BKK/SIN to your point?

So many strawman arguments.

LAX772LR

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:53 am

dmstorm22 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Still dont understand why DL is dragging out announcing whether ATL or JFK will be the U.S gateway.

Yeah, I don't understand the secrecy / suspense either.

It could be as simple as they themselves still not yet knowing which one they'll finalize on.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

hkcanadaexpat

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 am

LAX772LR wrote:
dmstorm22 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Still dont understand why DL is dragging out announcing whether ATL or JFK will be the U.S gateway.

It could be as simple as they themselves still not yet knowing which one they'll finalize on.

Based on the S19 schedule released so far, it looks a lot like ATL-BOM using the 77L. Routing a 77L through JFK would be problematic given where else they are flying.

mackdad

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:44 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
dmstorm22 wrote:

Based on the S19 schedule released so far, it looks a lot like ATL-BOM using the 77L. Routing a 77L through JFK would be problematic given where else they are flying.

:checkmark: check mate

LAXdude1023

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:58 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
dmstorm22 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

And/or knowing their going to lose their shirt on whichever gateway they choose, they probably want to minimize losses.
"I dance and laugh among the rotten"

lightsaber

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:56 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
dmstorm22 wrote:

And/or knowing their going to lose their shirt on whichever gateway they choose, they probably want to minimize losses.

That would be amusing if DL didn't garner such a large revenue premium over the competition.

There are only a few airlines I believe have the premium base to pull off profitable ULH. DL is certainly one such airline.

The question is which aircraft....

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

klm617

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
dmstorm22 wrote:

If they wanted to give this route half a chance you know the most logical place to launch this route from with the A350. No ME3 competition and a lot of connections that could fill this flight. Just don't see how they can make NYC-India work when they can't make Hong Kong work from any where or New York Tokyo work India from either ATL or NYC face the same up hill battle and India is already pretty well connected in the Delta network..
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

LAXdude1023

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:48 am

lightsaber wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

That would be amusing if DL didn't garner such a large revenue premium over the competition.

There are only a few airlines I believe have the premium base to pull off profitable ULH. DL is certainly one such airline.

The question is which aircraft....

Lightsaber

They don’t fly to India currently and failed when they had no competition from the ME 3. It’s moot.
"I dance and laugh among the rotten"

nomorerjs

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:35 am

klm617 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

If they wanted to give this route half a chance you know the most logical place to launch this route from with the A350. No ME3 competition and a lot of connections that could fill this flight. Just don't see how they can make NYC-India work when they can't make Hong Kong work from any where or New York Tokyo work India from either ATL or NYC face the same up hill battle and India is already pretty well connected in the Delta network..

Give it up. US to India nonstop is almost as bad as US to China. DTW-India is not happening!

Given current fuel prices and low fare environment, DL would be wise to abandon this turd in the making.

jumbojet

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:40 am

JFK on the 350.

klm617

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:01 am

nomorerjs wrote:
klm617 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

Give it up. US to India nonstop is almost as bad as US to China. DTW-India is not happening!

Given current fuel prices and low fare environment, DL would be wise to abandon this turd in the making.

There is a route of least resistance but I do agree it's a money loser and in the Delta network what they are trying to do is well covered already with plenty of one stop options a 777 or an A350 is better placed on another route where it can turn a profit not to mention how many frames would the have to waste on a route like this at the very least 2.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

vadodara

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:29 am

klm617 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

What is favoring this thought process is the Indian Govt putting restrictions on ME3. That along with the fact that there might be a trove of DL elites to tap from might make this work.

It is true that a stopover in Europe is very disruptive; here it is advantage ME3.

hkcanadaexpat

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:20 am

jumbojet wrote:
JFK on the 350.

And how do you suggest that a 350 rotate with other 350s in the network? Through a JFK-DTW domestic turn? Unlikely. Most likely scenario is a 77L ATL-BOM flight that rotates perfectly with the rest of the fleet routes. And guess what, the current summer 2019 schedule has two extra 77L spares.... while the 350s are all spoken for...

klm617

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
JFK on the 350.

And how do you suggest that a 350 rotate with other 350s in the network? Through a JFK-DTW domestic turn? Unlikely. Most likely scenario is a 77L ATL-BOM flight that rotates perfectly with the rest of the fleet routes. And guess what, the current summer 2019 schedule has two extra 77L spares.... while the 350s are all spoken for...

Those 777's can be moved anywhere. But the most logical add is DTW-BOM on an A350. No ME3 competition plus Detroit is better located to field many more in line connections than bot JFK or ATL plus there is a lot of premium traffic flowing between southeastern Michigan and Southwest Ontario.

EK006

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:53 pm

delete
Last edited by EK006 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EK006

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:54 pm

klm617 wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
JFK on the 350.

Those 777's can be moved anywhere. But the most logical add is DTW-BOM on an A350. No ME3 competition plus Detroit is better located to field many more in line connections than bot JFK or ATL plus there is a lot of premium traffic flowing between southeastern Michigan and Southwest Ontario.

How much of that premium traffic to india though? DTW-India isn't a very large market and its mostly VFR pax travelling home compared to JFK with a larger market. There is a reason why the ME3 aren't in DTW and that is because they aren't aiming to capture DTW India as most traffic is to the middle east countries, which is a backtrack from ME3 hubs. This is why RJ flies to DTW.

With DL already saying its gonna be from ATL or JFK there is not point discussing DTW

klm617

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:19 pm

EK006 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:

How much of that premium traffic to india though? DTW-India isn't a very large market and its mostly VFR pax travelling home compared to JFK with a larger market. There is a reason why the ME3 aren't in DTW and that is because they aren't aiming to capture DTW India as most traffic is to the middle east countries, which is a backtrack from ME3 hubs. This is why RJ flies to DTW.

With DL already saying its gonna be from ATL or JFK there is not point discussing DTW

There is always a point of discussing other options otherwise they just keep getting over looked as far as the traffic between Detroit and India there is quite a bit actually and Mahindra is building their USA assembly plant in Auburn Hills Michigan. The title of the thread is "Delta to serve Mumbai nonstop in 2019" So discussing Detroit and it's viability is fair game. Yes there is a reason why no ME3 carrier serves Detroit but not for the reason you stated.

jumbojet

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:51 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
JFK on the 350.

one of two things will happen. Another 350 route out of JFK or they will just rotate the 350 on a domestic hop through ATL or DTW. Its been done befiore when DL eliminated the JFK-NRT 777 flight and kept the JFK-TLV 777 flight.

alfa164

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:52 pm

EK006 wrote:

No, there is not, if you want to maintain serious discussion of the actual flights. It seems impossible, however, to prevent some interloper from trying to hijack this (and almost every) topic.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

777Mech

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:24 am

klm617 wrote:
EK006 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

There is always a point of discussing other options otherwise they just keep getting over looked as far as the traffic between Detroit and India there is quite a bit actually and Mahindra is building their USA assembly plant in Auburn Hills Michigan. The title of the thread is "Delta to serve Mumbai nonstop in 2019" So discussing Detroit and it's viability is fair game. Yes there is a reason why no ME3 carrier serves Detroit but not for the reason you stated.

Well DTW is already out of the running, so there's no point. Ed has already said it will be from either ATL or JFK, so anything dealing with DTW is moot. It all points to it being ATL on a 77L, so yeah, stop hijacking threads with your pipe dreams.

winginit

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:43 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
JFK on the 350.

Ding ding ding! This is indeed the most likely outcome.

klm617 wrote:
But the most logical add is DTW-BOM on an A350. No ME3 competition plus Detroit is better located to field many more in line connections than bot JFK or ATL plus there is a lot of premium traffic flowing between southeastern Michigan and Southwest Ontario.

No. It isn't. If it were even in the same ballpark as the most logical add it would at least be a contender, but it isn't, which is why Ed made it very clear it's between ATL and JFK.

klm617 wrote:
The title of the thread is "Delta to serve Mumbai nonstop in 2019" So discussing Detroit and it's viability is fair game.

And yet when the CEO has made it very clear several times over that the flight will be launched either from ATL or JFK there is no longer a point in discussing the possibility of the route being launched from DTW. Give it up.

jumbojet

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:46 am

winginit wrote:
hkcanadaexpat wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
JFK on the 350.

Ding ding ding! This is indeed the most likely outcome.

.[/quote]

so, no one else is with me on JFK-BOM on the A350? We'll soon find out.

FSDan

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:48 pm

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
JFK on the 350.

At this point I don't think JFK-BOM on the 359 is any more likely than ATL-BOM on the 77L, but to play devil's advocate, DL could rotate a 359 to JFK via LAX (midday LAX-JFK that would turn to a late night departure to BOM, and then an early arrival from BOM turning to a morning departure back to LAX). DL could probably get a bit of a premium for the Delta One Suites product on JFK-LAX. However, that routing might be more complicated than the schedulers would want if an IRROPS situation arose (DTW-PVG-LAX (RON) LAX-HND-LAX-JFK-BOM-JFK-LAX-PVG (RON) PVG-DTW).

winginit

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:24 pm

jumbojet wrote:

For many reasons that have already been mentioned, namely aircraft rotation and the necessity to capture sky high yields to prove the concept of the new Delta One Suite... no.

FSDan

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:43 pm

winginit wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

For many reasons that have already been mentioned, namely aircraft rotation and the necessity to capture sky high yields to prove the concept of the new Delta One Suite... no.

ATL-BOM has sky high yields? I'd be surprised if they're higher than JFK-BOM, even with the level of competition in NYC-BOM. Would be happy to be proven wrong, though!

factsonly

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:44 pm

FSDan wrote:
That routing might be more complicated than the schedulers would want if an IRROPS situation arose (DTW-PVG-LAX (RON) LAX-HND-LAX-JFK-BOM-JFK-LAX-PVG (RON) PVG-DTW).

A much simpler alternative is building on existing A359 ops to AMS:

- DTW-AMS-JFK-BOM-JFK-AMS-DTW

or through CDG as A359 will commence operations to CDG in 2019.

winginit

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:45 pm

FSDan wrote:
winginit wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

ATL-BOM has sky high yields? I'd be surprised if they're higher than JFK-BOM, even with the level of competition in NYC-BOM. Would be happy to be proven wrong, though!

My apologies no that was not what I was implying. Meant that per Glen's recent external statements, Delta expects to get paid handsomely on the yield front for their Delta One Suites specifically on the A350 (remember those surcharges that they initially rolled out and then scaled back?). That being the case, they're deploying them in markets where they can show solid year over year premium yield improvement (LAXPVG, DTW-Asia, etc). BOM wouldn't align with that strategy.

I think most would agree that whether it's JFK or ATL, BOM yields are going to be very challenging.

gsg013

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:54 pm

winginit wrote:
FSDan wrote:
winginit wrote:

My apologies no that was not what I was implying. Meant that per Glen's recent external statements, Delta expects to get paid handsomely on the yield front for their Delta One Suites specifically on the A350 (remember those surcharges that they initially rolled out and then scaled back?). That being the case, they're deploying them in markets where they can show solid year over year premium yield improvement (LAXPVG, DTW-Asia, etc). BOM wouldn't align with that strategy.

I think most would agree that whether it's JFK or ATL, BOM yields are going to be very challenging.

I have to say after flying the D1 suite for the first time DTW-AMS last saturday I really liked the product of the D1 suite. however I would say it is a very good product but not something game changing and definitely not something I would pay a significant premium to fly on. Maybe slightly but if they price was more than $500 more rt for the D1 vs A330 seat I would have some trouble justifying the extra cost. (Loved the D1 Suite my only tiny complaint was the controls were a bit sticky you really had to push down hard on the button to have the seat move in the desired direction.

IPFreely

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:23 pm

winginit wrote:

When do we find out if it's JFK or ATL?

jensona6

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:37 am

I really feel the JFK-BOM is unlikely to happen as Air India just introduced direct flights between these two cities.

xdlx

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:30 pm

I say SEA-BOM should be the best choice

Slash787

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 pm

xdlx wrote:
I say SEA-BOM should be the best choice

I don't think so SEA to BOM would work out, LAX to BOM would be a better choice.

Irehdna

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:09 pm

I personally think ATL-BOM would work well; not much competition from SE US to India.

However, there was speculation that AI launched BOM JFK because it was inevitable at the time that DL was planning the same route, and the route connects 9W with DL hub.

Keep in mind that AI lasted longer than DL at BOM JFK in the late 2000s.

carljanderson

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:01 pm

IPFreely wrote:
winginit wrote:

When do we find out if it's JFK or ATL?

Has Delta announced new routes at previous Investor Days?

Atlwarrior

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Does anyone know how Qatar Airlines A350 flight out of Atlanta is performing. I would imagine a lot of people flying to India using that flight.

bravoindia

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 am

Atlwarrior wrote:
Does anyone know how Qatar Airlines A350 flight out of Atlanta is performing. I would imagine a lot of people flying to India using that flight.

It climbs like a dog so I’d assume it’s full of something. Lol.

dmstorm22

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:26 am

Irehdna wrote:
I personally think ATL-BOM would work well; not much competition from SE US to India.

However, there was speculation that AI launched BOM JFK because it was inevitable at the time that DL was planning the same route, and the route connects 9W with DL hub.

Keep in mind that AI lasted longer than DL at BOM JFK in the late 2000s.

Definitely sensed AI wanted to get in on JFK-BOM before DL started (if they started from JFK). That said, it is 3x weekly, right? They still have their daily EWR-BOM service.

In the end, I do think the deterrent may work in a way. The best option to me is ATL-BOM, getting a market without a non-stop option, with of course the power of DL's connection machine into ATL. I have multiple Indian American FL based family members who I can easily see switching to this flight if its ATL-BOM.

dtwpilot225

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 am

Delta does not show their cards until the very end, while I don’t think it will be dtw, anything is possible with delta until the very end.
Ill give you an example.... all the time they were saying the a220 would be based in nyc and lax to start and when the first two bases were announced it was nyc and slc. Slc has never been mentioned as a base before that day

CaliguyNYC

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:27 pm

I think ATL has the edge. That said, I doubt AI will really affect DL. Delta's sweet spot are corp contracts (DL/9W) and DL/9WL FF's that will pay a premium for nonstops. AI really steals from the ME4. Plus at 3 days a week the flight is literally targeting VFR and tourists. That said, NY Indian Americans are relatively affluent even for Indian Americans generally (perhaps only SF is a richer community) and people from BOM (the upper classes) still consider London and NYC as the main get aways for shopping etc (SIN and DXB are the primary get away for the middle classes). So net net, I can talk myself both ways on where DL should start the flight from.

bkflyguy

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Is it possible to do both? Say 3x's JFK and 4x's ATL? So the routing would be something like ATL-BOM-JFK-BOM-ATL-BOM-JFK etc. Just trying to think outside the box.

dtw2hyd

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm

On the cost side, unless oil stays at $50/BBL, DL won't even consider a ULH non-stop to India. They have higher crew costs and senior union crews are less motivated to go to a third world country.

On the yield side, DL commands a premium from suits, AI commands a premium from grannies. Grannies are winning.

catiii

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:21 pm

enilria wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Delta Air Lines says it will begin nonstop flights between the US and Mumbai, India, next year. This move will mark a return to India for Delta from where it withdrew in 2015 citing low profitability.

"It is exciting to be able to announce Delta's return to India from the U.S. as part of our vision to expand Delta's reach internationally," said Delta CEO Ed Bastian. "We are thankful to the president for taking real action to enforce our Open Skies trade deals, which made this new service possible. We are looking forward to providing customers in the U.S. and India with Delta's famously reliable, customer-focused service operated by the best employees in the industry."

The service is subject to government approval; full schedule details will be announced later this year.

Delta to serve Mumbai nonstop from the U.S. in 2019
https://news.delta.com/delta-serve-mumb ... op-us-2019

=

BOM route obviously would link up with Jet Airways hub

Though I think its pretty childish to use much of the press release to continue to bash the ME3. DL needs to move beyond.

They last stopped flying USA-BOM last time before the ME3 were even big.

Exactly. This had nothing to do with the ME3, and everything to do with a lawsuit DL filed against ExIm financing that AI was getting on 777's. That suit was back in 2011.

dmstorm22

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
On the cost side, unless oil stays at $50/BBL, DL won't even consider a ULH non-stop to India. They have higher crew costs and senior union crews are less motivated to go to a third world country.

On the yield side, DL commands a premium from suits, AI commands a premium from grannies. Grannies are winning.

They've already announced the route to BOM is going to happen - just not from where.

It would be a stunning reversal for DL to walk that back, especially after huffing and puffing so much about how the ME3 was stopping India routes from happening, and now that the ME3 made some concessions the route is viable again.

I found that whole line of thinking BS anyway, but DL invested a lot into portraying it that way.

deltal1011man

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 pm

route announcement in early 19 with a start in late 19 confirmed by Ed today at investment day.

sonicruiser

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:11 pm

deltal1011man wrote:
route announcement in early 19 with a start in late 19 confirmed by Ed today at investment day.

This literally means nothing. I could make an equally vague announcement tomorrow and you would be none the wiser. There is not an ounce of information in that statement about what the plane, route, or start date is.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos