Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

gmcc
Topic Author

New entry prep home for AS A321neo's

Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 am

Further proof that AS is absorbing what is left of VX. The latest AS A321, N928VA, entry prep work is taking place in GSO
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N928VA
All previous entry prep work for the neo's had been done in MIA. It seems that all the maintenance and modification work being streamlined to occur where AS work is done not were VX had it done.
As a side note this is the first A321neo that had a factory applied AS livery.

MIflyer12

Re: New entry prep home for AS A321neo's

Sat May 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Were there substantial numbers of VX employees in MIA, or are you just complaining about choice of contractor? If so, let it go...

gmcc
Topic Author

Sat May 26, 2018 1:37 pm

I am pretty sure it was a contractor in MIA. I was just offering a observing that AS was streamlining their processes. I wonder if there were any penalties for changing vendors.

NZ321

Sat May 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Well, frankly, I look forward to flying A321 in AS colours. Beats 739 any day if you are down the back. I'd say likely to be a comfy ride. I bet frequent flyer passengers will notice this too. Glad to see they are integrating these aircraft for the medium term at least.
Plane mad!

Varsity1

Sat May 26, 2018 3:11 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
Speaking of Alaska new deliveries, why do the latest 739s still sport Proudly All Boeing on the front? For awhile it was understandable but now is clearly a lie.

Only to drive a.net members crazy. Heard it from AS myself!
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

DLASFlyer

Sat May 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Speaking of Alaska new deliveries, why do the latest 739s still sport Proudly All Boeing on the front? For awhile it was understandable but now is clearly a lie. The newest was delivered on May 11th.
Last edited by DLASFlyer on Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newbiepilot

Sat May 26, 2018 3:20 pm

What this tells me is that Alaska probably had better maintenance contracts than Virgin America. This isnt surprising since AS is an older company with likely more engineering resources than Virgin. Virgin had sone high cost contracts with their vendors. These contracts are complex and challenging fir a newer company without as much experience to negotiate. Lessors, MROs, parts Suppliers, and various contractors tend to charge more to smaller airlines. Airlines have huge contracts and supplier management/purchasing departments.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos