smi0006

Re: Delta debuts new uniforms tomorrow.

Tue May 29, 2018 10:20 pm

winginit wrote:
berari wrote:
Are they all debuting at the same time? If so it'd be impressive!

They are and that appears to have been an impressive feat indeed. Spot briefly with a DL FA this morning who said they had to pack both last night.

One Instagram post said the crew on an FCO flight changed mid flight during the night!!

They are for those on instagram official delta hashtag is #deltareadyfortakeoff shows employees of all shapes sizes across the network.

Purple makes perfect sense to me, as it serviced from blue and red combined. A couple of small cabin accents would be nice however.

Must say all the social media posts I’ve seen - everyone is looking immaculately groomed!! Well done DL. Down to the smallest details - shows seem to be uniform now! Hair is back.

TW870

Tue May 29, 2018 10:24 pm

micstatic wrote:
has anybody answered the reason for selecting a color that has nothing to do with the brand?

Two reasons. First, purple is already being worked into the brand, with the furniture and other design features in the new Skyclubs working in lighter blues and the plum color. Second, the navy blue and gray palette is just too generic for a U.S. airline. Everyone has done it forever, and as the other poster said above, it is time to differentiate Delta. Except for the red dress, the current flight attendant uniforms are the weakest link in an otherwise very strong visual brand. I think the Posen uniforms are going to be much more unique and compelling.

ardian

Tue May 29, 2018 10:28 pm

ual763 wrote:
Judging by this picture, I like the female dress, but the guy’s outfit is terrible. Please tell me Delta is paying for them to get their uniforms tailored? I’m sure they do. If so, this guy needs to get in there ASAP. If the company pays for it, it should be required to get your outfit fitted/tailored. That is one of he problems I have with United pilots/FAs... In United’s case, the company will pay for fitting/tailoring, but people are just too damn lazy to go do it. As a result, they look like sh*t. Kinda like this guy on the left. But, as I said, I like the look of the female dress much more than I did when they were first unveiled.

Oh my this looks terrible. Seriously, I would be utterly embarrassed when I wore an uniform that is so incredibly ill-fitting or hasn’t been tailored properly. The uniforms in general are good looking though, as they are quite classy.

I can’t remember, but I think I’ve read it somewhere; the use of the colour purple may strike as odd, but what do you get when you combine red with blue? This and the fact that not that many uniforms from airlines use purple as their main colour is, is quite a clever step :) Well done Delta and Zac Posen.
Last edited by ardian on Tue May 29, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usdcaguy

Re: Delta debuts new uniforms May 29

Tue May 29, 2018 10:32 pm

The colors I guess are OK, but I think the male flight attendants look like bellboys. Not exactly professional looking. I also hate the polka-dotted squares in their jackets. The females are all right. Guess they're trying to look sharp like Virgin, but when you look like Americans do, it doesn't come off as well. Not really excited about any of it.

LAXLHR

Tue May 29, 2018 11:02 pm

ual763 wrote:
Judging by this picture, I like the female dress, but the guy’s outfit is terrible. Please tell me Delta is paying for them to get their uniforms tailored? I’m sure they do. If so, this guy needs to get in there ASAP. If the company pays for it, it should be required to get your outfit fitted/tailored. That is one of he problems I have with United pilots/FAs... In United’s case, the company will pay for fitting/tailoring, but people are just too damn lazy to go do it. As a result, they look like sh*t. Kinda like this guy on the left. But, as I said, I like the look of the female dress much more than I did when they were first unveiled.

RIGHT THERE in that pic, that is the big issue. If you do not get them tailored, it ends up looking like a suit purchased from K-mart! It should be mandatory, no laziness allowed otherwise its a waste.
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380

questions

Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 pm

smi0006 wrote:
Must say all the social media posts I’ve seen - everyone is looking immaculately groomed!! Well done DL. Down to the smallest details - shows seem to be uniform now! Hair is back.

What about hair?

SQ789

Tue May 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Is the new uniforms looks great compared to the old one?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

INFINITI329

Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 pm

Is Endeavour getting these uniforms as well?

smi0006

Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 pm

questions wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

What about hair?

Sorry - hair is tied back! Not long and loose. In contrast to UA who only stipulate hair needs to be tied back during the meal service

DiamondFlyer

Tue May 29, 2018 11:53 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
Is Endeavour getting these uniforms as well?

It’s Endeavor, and sometime in 2019, all Delta Connections FAs will wear the uniforms. Not every piece is available to them, but a large percentage is, or sonim told
From my cold, dead hands

panamair

Tue May 29, 2018 11:59 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
I also hate the polka-dotted squares in their jackets. The females are all right. Guess they're trying to look sharp like Virgin, but when you look like Americans do, it doesn't come off as well.

Those are not ‘polka dotted squares’..they are the Delta Widgets! :-)

If you look at the Instagram pictures at #deltareadyfortakeoff, you will notice that 80-90% of the folks in the new uniforms, especially the women, look very sharp! Now that maybe a first-day kind of thing, but I do hope they can maintain the grooming etc..

bfitzflyer

Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 am

Flew this morning, TPA to SFO via SLC. I think they looked really good in person and a change from blue which seems prevalent in airline uniforms

global1
Topic Author

Wed May 30, 2018 12:40 am

It's unfortunate that the photo of Zac Posen with Delta crew happened to have a male f/a, well groomed, but with an ill fitting suit.
This is the exception, not the norm.

All staff were given the opportunity to schedule a personalized 45 minute fit session at one of 16 locations worldwide over the course of several months.
All uniform pieces in all sizes were available for you to try. You were fitted and advised by professionals.
This one f/a obviously did not schedule one.

It will be fixed.

Of course this one image was immediately seized upon by "haters", of which there are several on this site.

In my opinion the new uniforms are stylish and help to elevate and differentiate the brand. Overall reviews have been overwhelmingly positive so far.

You can post that DL is no different than AS, UA, etc....
But they are Blanche, they are.

questions

Wed May 30, 2018 1:13 am

panamair wrote:
If you look at the Instagram pictures at #deltareadyfortakeoff, you will notice that 80-90% of the folks in the new uniforms, especially the women, look very sharp! Now that maybe a first-day kind of thing, but I do hope they can maintain the grooming etc..

Wow! Delta has some cute guys flying around! Where are they on my flights? :(

0newair0

Wed May 30, 2018 2:21 am

micstatic wrote:
has anybody answered the reason for selecting a color that has nothing to do with the brand?

Red + Blue = Purple

It has everything to do with the brand.
That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!

gaystudpilot

Wed May 30, 2018 2:38 am

TVNWZ wrote:
Every airline pilot looks alike to me.

You haven’t seen me! :)

deltatim

Wed May 30, 2018 3:29 am

Fortunately, ATLFlyer1234, I don't see Barney when I see purple... or plum. I think it's a cool new design and color - but invariably one gets tired of uniforms. But I think they look sharp and hopefully they will be comfortable to work in as well as durable...

dampfnudel

Wed May 30, 2018 3:31 am

LAXLHR wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
TVNWZ wrote:
Hope they have no health issues.

Why would they? Do you think this is the first time Lands' End has made a coat or pair of pants?

Because the last major US airline uniform debut resulted in a lot of health related complaints...THAT'S WHY!!

What were the health related complaints?
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

AA AI CO CL DE DL EA HA KL LH N7 PA PQ SK RO TW UA YR

Dieuwer

Wed May 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Strange choice for Delta. Uniforms looks very much like those of Thai Airways:

or Cambodia Airways:

coronado

Wed May 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Very sharp look. Delta employees stand out in a positive sharp way. The plum color looks a lot like a royal purple and makes me think of the Regal Imperial service touted in the days of the Northwest Orient Airlines.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NORTHWEST-ORIE ... 2194458069
The Original Coronado: First CV jet flights RG CV 990 July 1965; DL CV 880 July 1965; Spantax CV990 Feb 1973

chepos

Wed May 30, 2018 5:05 pm

dampfnudel wrote:
LAXLHR wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Why would they? Do you think this is the first time Lands' End has made a coat or pair of pants?

Because the last major US airline uniform debut resulted in a lot of health related complaints...THAT'S WHY!!

What were the health related complaints?

Some people got allergic reactions.
Fly the Flag!!!!

MaksFly

Wed May 30, 2018 5:33 pm

Wow at the guy's off the rack jacket... Can't they spend 5 mins and tailor the sleeves at least? Or get him a jacker with shorter sleeves. lol.

Compare that with the Thai pic posted below.

flymco753

Wed May 30, 2018 6:59 pm

When I see AW CSA's I see barney and clowns, sorry. It's basically watching barney at the circus.

The BW uniforms for ramp/cargo agents meets the brand very well and they look sharp. These uniforms are by far the coolest looking uniforms out of them all.

Tech-Ops look alright until I saw some purple, boo.

The FA uniforms for women look like some kind of juice a baby puked up, yuck. The male uniform makes a little sense, however a navy and red accent tie and vest would've been sharp compared to plum. The grey jacket is neutral so it would've allowed them to be creative with blue and red, not plum.

Now if Delta adds a plum line to their livery maybe I'll be more impressed, however at this time I think the new uniforms are garbage aside from BW ramp/cargo CSA's.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

NYCAAer

Wed May 30, 2018 7:24 pm

I saw a Delta crew walking through Terminal 3 at LHR yesterday. The purple signature dress looked really nice on the female FAs. One of them was carrying her purple purse like the stewardesses on the “Pan Am” TV show, on her forearm with her hand up in the air. Then once I got home to JFK, I saw a male FA uniform up close on the JFK Airtrain. Not so fond of the male uniforms. The colors of the tie and pocket square would look horrible with some people’s coloring. The satin lapels on the back of the male blazer remind me of a bellhop or a fox hunting jacket, and the fabric in the back looked creased. The blazer’s buttons looked more bronze than gold and clashed with the gold wings, which are really, really large.

SEAxSANxBOS

Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 pm

questions wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

What about hair?

Many of the women in ACS have been screaming about the hair up (can't touch shoulders) policy, especially since they do not serve food. Many feel it's sexist and discriminatory.
Does not reflect the views of Delta Air Lines

Favorite Airports: SEA, SAN, BOS, MSP, IND, CVG

global1
Topic Author

Thu May 31, 2018 1:37 am

It shouldn't be if the same applies to men.

flyabr

Thu May 31, 2018 3:41 am

DL should get Zac to design a new livery for their aircraft. The current livery is just so boring! :D

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos