LPSHobby
Topic Author

United, Boutique Air codeshare to grow Denver network

Wed May 30, 2018 10:34 am

The codeshare tie-up between United Airlines and San Francisco-based Boutique Air gives the US major extensive reach into smaller communities, particularly from its Denver hub, while giving the regional operator both passenger feed and a leg up as it looks to grow its extensive Essential Air Service (EAS)-focused operation.

your toughts?

source: http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/un ... er-network

SQ789

Re: United, Boutique Air codeshare to grow Denver network

Wed May 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Maybe next for Boutique and United will also happen in SFO and LAX hub in the future flying to similar destinations like the DEN hub.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Blerg

Wed May 30, 2018 1:43 pm

What is Boutique Air exactly? I looked online and are they a charter and regional airline?

N766UA

Wed May 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Blerg wrote:
What is Boutique Air exactly? I looked online and are they a charter and regional airline?

They’re basically a corporate charter company that also flies EAS routes. Up until now, they’ve had 0 affiliation with any airlines and often use FBO’s for their pax services. They also fly distinctly corporate airplanes: King Airs and PC-12’s.

N766UA

Wed May 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Blerg wrote:
N766UA wrote:
Blerg wrote:

They’re basically a corporate charter company that also flies EAS routes. Up until now, they’ve had 0 affiliation with any airlines and often use FBO’s for their pax services. They also fly distinctly corporate airplanes: King Airs and PC-12’s.

Thank you. So what will UA gain from this partnership? Seems odd to me.

Connecting passengers! I think it’s a bit odd as we all watched Great Lakes, once a UA carrier, die off (finally), and now UA has an interest in their quirky replacement. Then again, does anything UA does make sense?

Blerg

Wed May 30, 2018 2:05 pm

N766UA wrote:
Blerg wrote:

COEWRMSY

Wed May 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Blerg wrote:
N766UA wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Well, if 4B pax from EAS stations can book single itinerary trips with a UA connection and through-check interline bags, then it gives them a leg up on other DEN carriers. As it stands now, 4B gets you to a major airport and then it's up to you to get where you really want to go, so some people might choose WN, F9, etc. But if this partnership makes connections at DEN and other airports smoother and easier and won't require re-checking, then it could be good for both UA who might gain connecting feed and 4B if UA will sell their connections.

I flew 4B to MSL earlier this year and had a two nice flights on PC-12s. But if I wasn't actively trying to fly 4B just to try them out, I might have flown into HSV, BNA or BHM and just driven there. Most passengers might not even know about the air service there. I assume that you'll eventually be able to book a ticket from any UA origin to a 4B EAS destination on united.com, which could drive traffic into these smaller airports.

Seems like a low-risk partnership that could have benefits for both carriers. I'm actually surprised more of the EAS carriers haven't done this, though I imagine the majors want to see some level of reliability before they establish a partnership.

jetero

Wed May 30, 2018 2:26 pm

N766UA wrote:
Blerg wrote:
N766UA wrote:

Connecting passengers!

Maybe 100 a day!

Discussed before

viewtopic.php?t=1395015

32andBelow

Wed May 30, 2018 3:52 pm

Before the codeshare the passengers had to buy 2 tickets and that second ticket could easily be on WN or F9. Now it will make it easier and probably cheaper for the pax to buy a through ticket on UA

jetero

Wed May 30, 2018 4:07 pm

MO11 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Before the codeshare the passengers had to buy 2 tickets and that second ticket could easily be on WN or F9. Now it will make it easier and probably cheaper for the pax to buy a through ticket on UA

No, Boutique has had an interline agreement with United for a year. You could go on United.com and buy a ticket from Alamosa to Chicago over DEN. It would have been 4B to UA, instead of UA to UA.

What are the interline requirements for EAS? Are all airlines required to interline? (Not sure how that would work with WN, NK, and F9.)

MO11

Wed May 30, 2018 4:10 pm

32andBelow wrote:

No, Boutique has had an interline agreement with United for a year. You could go on United.com and buy a ticket from Alamosa to Chicago over DEN. It would have been 4B to UA, instead of UA to UA.

RJNUT

Wed May 30, 2018 6:06 pm

jetero wrote:
MO11 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

What are the interline requirements for EAS? Are all airlines required to interline? (Not sure how that would work with WN, NK, and F9.)

unfortunately there is no requirement for interline, and as such, so many markets have failed with very little connectivity. This arrangement between Boutique and United is hopeful to grow markets or at least stabilize them., Cape Air interlines and has been fairly successful.

TWA772LR

Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 pm

N766UA wrote:
Blerg wrote:
N766UA wrote:

Connecting passengers! I think it’s a bit odd as we all watched Great Lakes, once a UA carrier, die off (finally), and now UA has an interest in their quirky replacement. Then again, does anything UA does make sense?

I think ZK is back. I checked someone in the other day in DEN who was self connecting from ZK to my airline. She said she just got off of them. Their counter is still up (although the Boutique guy next door said ZK is doing grind ops for Via) and they sell show on the FIDS.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

MO11

Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
N766UA wrote:
Blerg wrote:

I think ZK is back. I checked someone in the other day in DEN who was self connecting from ZK to my airline. She said she just got off of them. Their counter is still up (although the Boutique guy next door said ZK is doing grind ops for Via) and they sell show on the FIDS.

ADI's flight from Denver to South Dakota are sold as Great Lakes Jet Express.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos