If they are looking to build brand recognition that is a challenge by having to wet lease from a variety of carriers to cover your routes. Passengers won't have a consistent product to want to come back to in the future.
Primera have ruined their brand in the Birmingham area (and further afield). From launching Boston, New York, Toronto to great press coverage, they followed up with some European sun routes. They then:
- Cancelled Boston altogether
- Slashed Newark schedule from daily to 4 weekly
- Cancelled a number of European sun flights in the first weeks, at very short notice (2 weeks)
- Started Newark on subleased equipment
- Cancelled the entire transatlantic operation at very short notice (2 weeks)
I don’t think anyone who’s had anything to do with Primera at BHX will be looking to return to the brand. The brand is trashed... a pretty good achievement considering it was unknown in the UK 1 year ago. The Stansted launch was a complete shambles too.
I doubt they’ll be back at BHX at all next year. Who’d want to book with them!