SATexan
Topic Author

Frontier adds SAT-SNA and SLC

Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Frontier airlines is adding two new flights out of San Antonio: Orange County (SNA) and Salt Lake City(SLC). SAT-SNA starts on August 13th and SAT-SLC starts on August 15th.

Link:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/l ... 968995.php

modernArt

Re: Frontier adds SAT-SNA and SLC

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Orange County is certainly a desirable addition

mariner

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm

SATexan wrote:
Frontier airlines is adding two new flights out of San Antonio: Orange County (SNA) and Salt Lake City(SLC). SAT-SNA starts on August 13th and SAT-SLC starts on August 15th.

Interesting - both are available on the Frontier website, but I wonder where the slots for SNA are coming from? SNA-DEN seems to be intact.

mariner
aeternum nauta

TransWorldOne

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Frontier will soon serve over 20 destinations nonstop from SAT. Granted, many of them will be seasonal/less than daily, but does this make SAT F9's latest hub/focus city?

gregn21

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

I wonder why they wouldn't do AUS-SNA instead of SAT, especially after WN just left the route (AUS). Seems like it would be the logical choice. They would surely be able to get more traffic at least from those flying from OC to Texas if they chose AUS. Maybe I'm wrong. . .

[email protected]

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
Frontier will soon serve over 20 destinations nonstop from SAT. Granted, many of them will be seasonal/less than daily, but does this make SAT F9's latest hub/focus city?

Depends on what metric is used.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

F9LASDEN

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:30 pm

gregn21 wrote:
I wonder why they wouldn't do AUS-SNA instead of SAT, especially after WN just left the route (AUS). Seems like it would be the logical choice. They would surely be able to get more traffic at least from those flying from OC to Texas if they chose AUS. Maybe I'm wrong. . .

They added AUS-SNA as well. SAT-SNA will be running M/W/F/Sa while AUS-SNA will be running T/Th/Su.

https://news.flyfrontier.com/frontier-a ... low-as-39/
Spirit of the West...A Whole Different Animal...Low Fares Done Right

wnflyguy

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:56 pm

mariner wrote:
SATexan wrote:

Interesting - both are available on the Frontier website, but I wonder where the slots for SNA are coming from? SNA-DEN seems to be intact.

mariner

Frontier holds 2 daily slots at SNA but temporary gave one back From January-August.
WN used the excess slot to temporarily bring back SNA-MDW service. It's been long rumored of F9 using the other slot for less than daily adds from SNA!

Flyguy
Last edited by wnflyguy on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

mariner

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Frontier holds 2 daily slots at SNA but temporary gave one back From January-August.
WN used the excess slot to temporarily bring back SNA-MDW service. It's been long rumored then using the other slot for less than daily adds from SNA!

Flyguy

Yes, I see it now. Thanks.

mariner
aeternum nauta

tkoenig95

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:03 am

Was AUS/SAT-SNA added to see which market caves first? Very interesting approach.

BGS91762

Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:06 am

tkoenig95 wrote:
Was AUS/SAT-SNA added to see which market caves first? Very interesting approach.

I think both cities will do well. Frontier has been successfully operating to both from ONT since October. There are lots of connections between people in So Cal and each city.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos