flymco753
Topic Author

Potential for Via + OneJet

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Via and OneJet are very similar to each other, they run scheduled and charter 135 operations. What are the chances that these airlines become larger and in the future become significant carriers?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

deltadudejg

Re: Potential for Via + OneJet

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:42 pm

I wouldn't put it past it. Look at JetSuiteX, they're now partnered with JetBlue.
Aviation Enthusiast working in Airport Operations

MO11

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:52 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Via and OneJet are very similar to each other, they run scheduled and charter 135 operations. What are the chances that these airlines become larger and in the future become significant carriers?

Except that the Via Brasilias are 135 and the jets are 121 (50 seat). OneJet has no certification, save for its acquisition of Ultimate. I don't think OneJet/Ultimate would care to delve into the 121 world if the 30-seat public charter plan is successful.

Flaps

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:07 am

OneJet is a house of cards. One breeze in the wrong direction and they are toast. I don't expect anything out of them long term. They aren't sure who they are nor who they want to be.

deltadudejg

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 am

Flaps wrote:
OneJet is a house of cards. One breeze in the wrong direction and they are toast. I don't expect anything out of them long term. They aren't sure who they are nor who they want to be.

My biggest question with OneJet is why the Beechjet? There are plenty of better options out there to have started with.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:25 am

Via Air in particular has a lot of potential to be up there with Allegiant, with a decent presence at Charlotte, Orlando/Sanford, and Austin, I think there's potential for them. Particularly when it comes time to purchase larger aircraft, perhaps older 737's or A320's. That will allow them to bridge SFB and AUS and make Via a stronger airline.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

tjh8402

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:19 am

deltadudejg wrote:
Flaps wrote:

My biggest question with OneJet is why the Beechjet? There are plenty of better options out there to have started with.

I was told that Be40s do not have a lifetime hours or cycle limit, which makes them more popular with charter and other more frequent users. It also helps make investments in upgrades to the interior, engines, and avionics more worthwhile, especially on an older cheaper higher time airframe since you can expect to get lots of life out of them.

usxguy

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 am

Im not sure Matt or Ami see eye to eye...
xx

RJNUT

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Flaps wrote:

I tend to agree although I had high hopes for their concept from the start but questioned the initial a/c selection. I do want to see a successful PTP biz market carrier . Maybe the synergies of Ultimate will help out! Via has possibilities as well but seem to have operational issues from what I read

deltadudejg

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 am

tjh8402 wrote:
deltadudejg wrote:
Flaps wrote:

I was told that Be40s do not have a lifetime hours or cycle limit, which makes them more popular with charter and other more frequent users. It also helps make investments in upgrades to the interior, engines, and avionics more worthwhile, especially on an older cheaper higher time airframe since you can expect to get lots of life out of them.

I could understand that. The Beechjet though I feel is one of the worst aircraft to work with in terms of ground handling, fueling especially. I don't know if anyone on here has had the experience but fueling the trunk on a Beechjet after it just got in, it's a slow process. My opinion I would have started with the Citation Encore or Ultra. NetJets was dumping their fleet of them around the same time OneJet was ramping up. The key to them is they are a single point refuel aircraft, you can cut your turn around times down.

dc10co

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:36 am

MO11 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Except that the Via Brasilias are 135 and the jets are 121 (50 seat). OneJet has no certification, save for its acquisition of Ultimate. I don't think OneJet/Ultimate would care to delve into the 121 world if the 30-seat public charter plan is successful.

FWIW the Brasilias are operated as Part 121 as well, Part 135 is only for aircraft with 9 seats or less. Part of what led to the demise of Great Lakes was that they could not operate as Part 135 unless they took 10 seats out of the 1900’s
Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again.

tjh8402

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:09 am

Duplicate please delete
Last edited by tjh8402 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

tjh8402

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:10 am

tjh8402 wrote:
deltadudejg wrote:
tjh8402 wrote:

I could understand that. The Beechjet though I feel is one of the worst aircraft to work with in terms of ground handling, fueling especially. I don't know if anyone on here has had the experience but fueling the trunk on a Beechjet after it just got in, it's a slow process. My opinion I would have started with the Citation Encore or Ultra. NetJets was dumping their fleet of them around the same time OneJet was ramping up. The key to them is they are a single point refuel aircraft, you can cut your turn around times down.

I worked line service for 8 years, so I’ve fueled all of them hundreds, if not thousands, of times. While a C560 does fuel faster, It doesn’t really matter to most bizjet operators. Your typical charter or fractional would have the plane pre-positioned hours, if not the day before. The overwhelming majority of the time, the pilots were sitting waiting for their passenger. It doesn’t really matter to most bizjet operators. Your typical charter or fractional would normally have the plane pre-positioned hours, if not the day before. The overwhelming majority of the time, the pilots were sitting waiting for their passenger. The extra few minutes to fuel a Beechjet wouldn’t make a difference even if a passenger was waiting. Besides, the trunk was rarely used anyway, much less topped off. Overwhelming majority of Be40 fuelings I did were wings only, and if you use two hoses, it fuels those plenty quickly.

MO11

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:43 pm

dc10co wrote:
MO11 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

FWIW the Brasilias are operated as Part 121 as well, Part 135 is only for aircraft with 9 seats or less. Part of what led to the demise of Great Lakes was that they could not operate as Part 135 unless they took 10 seats out of the 1900’s

Excuse me. The Brasilias are operated under FAR 135 (certificate GN0A005I). They operate as on demand part 135, similar to the Contour ERJ 135/145 or Ultimate J328s, which can have up to 30 seats. The Via ERJs operate under FAR 121 (certificate 4VAA005L).

ADrum23

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:00 pm

I see more potential for ViaAir as a Delta Connection carrier for their potential AUS focus city/hub.

DiamondFlyer

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:17 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
I see more potential for ViaAir as a Delta Connection carrier for their potential AUS focus city/hub.

Considering that Delta Connection is rumored to be going from 6 carriers in 2017 to 3 carriers by sometime around 2020, I highly doubt that...
From my cold, dead hands

TWA772LR

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:36 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Via Air in particular has a lot of potential to be up there with Allegiant, with a decent presence at Charlotte, Orlando/Sanford, and Austin, I think there's potential for them. Particularly when it comes time to purchase larger aircraft, perhaps older 737's or A320's. That will allow them to bridge SFB and AUS and make Via a stronger airline.

Not every airline needs large-ish aircraft like that. Via is comfortable doing what theyre doing.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos