unusualattitude
Topic Author

MCO New Service Announcement?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 am

Apologies if this has been posted already but I didn't see it. Any guesses on which airline they could be talking about. Since they mentioned domestic and international, I was thinking F9, or B6 but obviously it could be one of the legacies as well. NK just announced the GSO and AVL flights so I wouldn't think they would have more for MCO. Thoughts?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/tra ... story.html

fastmover

Re: MCO New Service Announcement?

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 am

Talk is jetblue execs are going down to mco tomorrow.

KMCOFlyer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 am

unusualattitude wrote:
Apologies if this has been posted already but I didn't see it. Any guesses on which airline they could be talking about. Since they mentioned domestic and international, I was thinking F9, or B6 but obviously it could be one of the legacies as well. NK just announced the GSO and AVL flights so I wouldn't think they would have more for MCO. Thoughts?

This is already being discussed in the Orlando thread but it is widely roumerd to be NK. Ed Bastian was in MCO at a town hall speaking to employees a couple of weeks ago and stated that big things are coming to MCO, but I don’t think any DL announcement about MCO is coming tomorrow. B6 has stated their intentions on wanting to grow in MCO, but they are gate constrained until Terminal C opens in 2021.

tphuang

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

This is already being discussed in the Orlando thread but it is widely roumerd to be NK. Ed Bastian was in MCO at a town hall speaking to employees a couple of weeks ago and stated that big things are coming to MCO, but I don’t think any DL announcement about MCO is coming tomorrow. B6 has stated their intentions on wanting to grow in MCO, but they are gate constrained until Terminal C opens in 2021.

DL is not going to put a hub in MCO with ATL right up the road and all the LCCs there trashing yield. I don't know why everyone thinks DL is going to start a new focus city or hub in their town. They have really high costs. They need real yield premium over competition to make a station work and that simply isn't going to happen to non-hub places out of MCO.

It's going to be either NK or B6.

KMCOFlyer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 am

tphuang wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

DL is not going to put a hub in MCO with ATL right up the road and all the LCCs there trashing yield. I don't know why everyone thinks DL is going to start a new focus city or hub in their town. They have really high costs. They need real yield premium over competition to make a station work and that simply isn't going to happen to non-hub places out of MCO.

It's going to be either NK or B6.

The announcement tomorrow is not going to be DL. All we are saying is that Ed was in MCO at a employee town hall about a month ago stating that DL is studying potential expansion for MCO.

ADrum23

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:31 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

What else would DL add at MCO out of curiosity, considering it is not an official DL focus city? Another TATL flight? TPAC service? More year round domestic p2p flights? I can’t imagine they’d expand too much with ATL right up the road.

jplatts

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:49 am

ADrum23 wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

What else would DL add at MCO out of curiosity, considering it is not an official DL focus city? Another TATL flight? TPAC service? More year round domestic p2p flights? I can’t imagine they’d expand too much with ATL right up the road.

BTR, CAE, AGS, JAN, LAN, and HSV are located in the largest U.S. metropolitan areas east of the Mississippi River without any LCC service, and DL could add nonstop service to MCO from these 6 airports. DL also has opportunities to add nonstop service to MCO from GSP, DAY, ABE, and CHA, which have nonstop service to SFB on G4 but no nonstop service to MCO on any airline.

While AVP lacks regularly scheduled service on any LCC's, WN does operate nonstop charter flights between AVP and MCO on behalf of Boscov's Travel. DL does have an opportunity to add nonstop service to MCO from AVP, but EWR, LGA, JFK, SYR, ABE, PHL, and MDT are all within a 3 hour drive of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area (and ABE is also usually less than a 1 1/2 hour drive from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area).

Will DL ever add nonstop service to MCO from smaller markets in the Eastern U.S. that do not currently have any nonstop service to MCO? If DL adds nonstop service to additional smaller markets in the Eastern US, will it be on DL mainline or DL Connection?

master14225

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:15 am

Maybe it can be an International Asian Airline, probably JAL or ANA? Or it could be a chinese airline like Air China. MCO has been discussing about adding an airline from Asia sometime and maybe this is it? MCO needs at least one asian airline to serve it.

KMCOFlyer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:23 am

ADrum23 wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
unusualattitude wrote:

The main flights that Ed spoke about was the potential to add LON (most likely LHR, but slots are an issue) and or CDG. I didn’t ask all the specifics about what all was mentioned but I would assume there could be a few more p2p destinations added daily.

Jshank83

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:25 am

Since the article says "exciting new domestic and international" that narrows it down to a domestic airline since they are the only ones that can fly domestic.

KMCOFlyer

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:25 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Since the article says "exciting new domestic and international" that narrows it down to a domestic airline since they are the only ones that can fly domestic.

It’s probably going to be NK. B6 is Gate constrainted right now and my freind from DL said no MCO announcement is planned tomorrow about DL.

KMCO

Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 am

Jshank83 wrote:

Why not a domestic and a international carrier?? Nothing states it has to be just one airline.

msycajun

Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 am

What about F9? They just announced RDU-CUN/MBJ/PUJ, could bring international service to MCO. They do like to have their big announcements.

Abeam79

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

It’s probably going to be NK. B6 is Gate constrainted right now and my freind from DL said no MCO announcement is planned tomorrow about DL.

B6 isn’t really gate constrained in Mco. They can easily add a dozen or more flights. In the mid day lull half the gates are empty, They would be when they get to 140+ flights down the road but that’s not till they move to the new terminal. I can bet B6 will be making a push for new routes, NK already made a few announcements. Why wouldn’t they just wait till the press release tomorrow to announce gso/avl?

OSUk1d

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am

msycajun wrote:
What about F9? They just announced RDU-CUN/MBJ/PUJ, could bring international service to MCO. They do like to have their big announcements.

They had MCO-CUN. It was cancelled already.

jfklganyc

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 am

B6 isnt gate constrained at all.

The whole 20-29 wing (which they use for intl arrivals and a handful of domestic flights) is very quiet.

They can easily add A LOT of flights at MCO tomorrow if they wanted to; especially if they are well timed for open gates.

crownvic

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 pm

I heard from a reliable source that it is all about Delta. They are going to reinstate MD-11, 777, L-1011 and 767400 service between Orlando and Atlanta similar to their service in the 90's...any other news is useless and of no value...

dabpit

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm

It is between NK and SY. I only say SY since they have a new seasonal flight starting out of MCO to PDX today (so why not have a big announcement be the launch of a new flight?) and they stated before they are looking to start a focus city in one of their existing destinations with an announcement soon (stated at the beginning of the year). SY is my wild card pick but throwing it out there.
Carpe Diem

enilria

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 pm

crownvic wrote:
I heard from a reliable source that it is all about Delta. They are going to reinstate MD-11, 777, L-1011 and 767400 service between Orlando and Atlanta similar to their service in the 90's...any other news is useless and of no value...

Sadly they won't be adding Electra flights because of engine issues. :(

Jshank83

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm

KMCO wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Why not a domestic and a international carrier?? Nothing states it has to be just one airline.

I considered that but it said announcement not announcements.

tb727

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Check NK's FB page. Announcement at 10am Eastern.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

dabpit

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:08 pm

tb727 wrote:
Check NK's FB page. Announcement at 10am Eastern.

Thank goodness it is Spirit!
Carpe Diem

dabpit

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Orlando to/from Starts: Frequency:
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (BQN) October 4 Daily
Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA)* October 4 4x weekly
Panama City, Panama (PTY)* October 4 4x weekly
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ)* October 4 4x weekly until Nov. 7
Daily from Nov. 8
San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP)* October 5 2x weekly
San José, Costa Rica (SJO)* October 5 4x weekly until Nov. 7
Daily from Nov. 8
San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL)* October 6 2x weekly
Bogota, Colombia (BOG)*ǂ November 8 Daily
St. Thomas, USVI (STT) November 8 3x weekly
Medellin, Colombia (MDE)* November 9 2x weekly
Cartagena, Colombia (CTG)* November 10 2x weekly
Asheville, North Carolina (AVL) September 7 3x weekly until Nov. 7
4x weekly from Nov. 8
Greensboro, North Carolina (GSO) September 7 3x weekly until Nov. 7
4x weekly from Nov. 8
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (MYR) November 10 2x weekly
Last edited by dabpit on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem

nkops

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:21 pm

http://ir.spirit.com/news-releases/news ... nces-major

couldn't remember them all, so here is the release
GOOFY6

ADrum23

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 am

KMCOFlyer wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

The main flights that Ed spoke about was the potential to add LON (most likely LHR, but slots are an issue) and or CDG. I didn’t ask all the specifics about what all was mentioned but I would assume there could be a few more p2p destinations added daily.

I would find it hard to believe DL would add MCO-LHR with no onward feed. I think MCO would be better off convincing either BA and/or VS to shift their flights to LHR. If LAS can have a LHR flight, no reason why MCO can't.

I also have a hard time thinking DL would do MCO-CDG. Considering MCO isn't even a focus city for DL, why would they do two TATL routes when they are facing a slew of competition. Does DL even have the slots for a CDG flight anyway? MCO should try another carrier if they want a Paris flight.

KMCOFlyer

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 am

ADrum23 wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I would find it hard to believe DL would add MCO-LHR with no onward feed. I think MCO would be better off convincing either BA and/or VS to shift their flights to LHR. If LAS can have a LHR flight, no reason why MCO can't.

I also have a hard time thinking DL would do MCO-CDG. Considering MCO isn't even a focus city for DL, why would they do two TATL routes when they are facing a slew of competition. Does DL even have the slots for a CDG flight anyway? MCO should try another carrier if they want a Paris flight.

Don’t know why there thinking about it but Ed said that there interested in it. (dosen’t nessisairly mean it will happen, but it’s not so far fetched off either)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos