Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Iemand91
Topic Author

KLM 747 will come to Las Vegas three times in January 2019

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:37 pm

You know, you can never be to early for a heads-up ;) ...
Charge your camera batteries already. :lol:

KLM has never flown their 747's to Las Vegas before, only on diversions. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Air France, KLM and Delta – 17 special flights to Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronic Show 2019

The world's largest technological innovation showcase, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), will take place from 8 to 11 January 2019 in Las Vegas.

On this occasion, Air France, KLM and Delta Air Lines will exceptionally operate 17 non-stop flights between Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam-Schiphol airports and Las Vegas McCarran airport on 5, 6, 7, 10, 11 and 12 January.

7 dedicated flights on departure from Amsterdam-Schiphol with KLM and Delta
The special flights organized by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will be operated by Boeing 747-400 (408 seats) on 6 and 7 January 2019 on departure from Amsterdam-Schiphol and on 11 January on departure from Las Vegas McCarran.

Flight times operated by KLM (in local time):
KL0613 and KL0615: leaves Amsterdam-Schiphol at 9:55, arrives at Las Vegas McCarran at 11:30.
Flights operated on Sunday 6 and Monday 7 January 2019.
KL0619: leaves Las Vegas McCarran at 16:45, arrives at Amsterdam-Schiphol at 11:35 the next day.
Flight operated on Friday 11 January 2019.

Pit Stop - Las Vegas, NV by Joe, on Flickr
Last edited by atcsundevil on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated
Some aviation photo's on my Flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iemand91/

crownvic

Re: KLM 747 to Las Vegas (sort of...in January 2019...3 times...)

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:39 am

The CES show is always good for lots of extra flights and many more heavy jets. Air France started coming to LAS last year for the show, so it's good to see another SkyTeam member join in with 744s, especially when we lose the VAA 744s :(. Thanks for the heads up!

PatrickZ80

Re: KLM 747 will come to Las Vegas three times in January 2019

Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:09 am

I'm surprised they don't fly there on a regular basis, given the amount of demand there is on this route.

http://www.anna.aero/2016/02/24/skyscan ... las-vegas/

PS there is a slight error in this article. They say it's never been served before, but that's not true. TUIfly Netherlands has flown Amsterdam - Las Vegas before, although they were called ArkeFly back then. The route has later been dropped.

crownvic

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:49 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
I'm surprised they don't fly there on a regular basis, given the amount of demand there is on this route.

PS there is a slight error in this article. They say it's never been served before, but that's not true. TUIfly Netherlands has flown Amsterdam - Las Vegas before, although they were called ArkeFly back then. The route has later been dropped.

Europe is a strange market for LAS. The UK can support many multiple flights from various airports to LAS with BA, VA and Thomas Cook, while Germany with Condor and Eurowings comes in second with volume, but the other European big cities have never established a firm footing in LAS with only seasonal services from AMS, Paris and ZUR that are constantly starting and stopping.

A DL/KL venture on this route would probably have the best success, but outside of the CES period, DL has refused to add any international flying out of LAS and probably never will. In fact, as they have gotten a better hold of VA, we are losing our 747s to 787s. While the 787 will offer more premium seating than the 744, it will be a huge drop in Y seats, which once again shows DL will maximize profits on routes, or they will get out. I just hope the reduction in dropping down to a 787 is not a first step to VA pulling out of LAS (on DL's call). VA has been operating quite profitably in LAS for many years, but it is my opinion that somebody at DL does not think so.

Cunard

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:00 am

crownvic wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:

Europe is a strange market for LAS. The UK can support many multiple flights from various airports to LAS with BA, VA and Thomas Cook, while Germany with Condor and Eurowings comes in second with volume, but the other European big cities have never established a firm footing in LAS with only seasonal services from AMS, Paris and ZUR that are constantly starting and stopping.

A DL/KL venture on this route would probably have the best success, but outside of the CES period, DL has refused to add any international flying out of LAS and probably never will. In fact, as they have gotten a better hold of VA, we are losing our 747s to 787s. While the 787 will offer more premium seating than the 744, it will be a huge drop in Y seats, which once again shows DL will maximize profits on routes, or they will get out. I just hope the reduction in dropping down to a 787 is not a first step to VA pulling out of LAS (on DL's call). VA has been operating quite profitably in LAS for many years, but it is my opinion that somebody at DL does not think so.

Very good post and well written but just to remind you that,

VA Virgin Australia

VS Virgin Atlantic

Take your pick to which is the correct IATA code that you should have been referring to :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

crownvic

Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 am

Cunard wrote:
crownvic wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:

Very good post and well written but just to remind you that,

VA Virgin Australia

VS Virgin Atlantic

Take your pick to which is the correct IATA code that you should have been referring to :-)

I've been getting that wrong since the day VIASA went out of business. It's all their fault! :)

Iemand91
Topic Author

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:19 pm

The first planned KLM 747 flight to Las Vegas is on her way: https://www.flightradar24.com/KLM613/1f1821e7
The 747 in question is PH-BFN.

After arrival in Las Vegas she will continue to Las Vegas and then back to Amsterdam.
Also Delta has scheduled a direct flight to Las Vegas from Amsterdam; an A330-300 N828NW will depart in about 45 minutes.

It's the same tomorrow; then it"ll be KLM's 747 PH-BFH and Delta's A330-300 N828NW.

This Friday a KLM 747 will perform 1 planned direct flight from Las Vegas back to Amsterdam and Delta the same on the same day and Saturday the next day.

As I said before; as far as I know KLM has never flown the 747 to Las Vegas apart from diversions.

After announcing these flights back in June, KLM has announced in September it will fly planned flights to Las Vegas twice a week with the 787-9. First flight will be on June 6.
From July 6th onwards it will be 3 flights a week.
Some aviation photo's on my Flickr-page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iemand91/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos