Etheereal

Re: THE Problem With United FAs. Even I'm Fuming At This!

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 pm

sofianec wrote:
Entitled, over-privileged and spoiled brats who are zero benefit to society. Let’s get outraged Mr Zach didn’t get his alcohol proper. Oh the tragedy, all the dead children in Iraq and Syria could use a proper Old Fashioned fart.

I mean once he started looking into what FAs eat, cause nice meals are only for the likes of him.

And it took only about 100 posts before we found the first UA employee.
Hello!

Jamake1

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:21 pm

ual763 wrote:
Oh Hey Gianna!

Brilliant! :rotfl:
Come fly the sun.

Etheereal

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 pm

sofianec wrote:
Etheereal wrote:
sofianec wrote:
Entitled, over-privileged and spoiled brats who are zero benefit to society. Let’s get outraged Mr Zach didn’t get his alcohol proper. Oh the tragedy, all the dead children in Iraq and Syria could use a proper Old Fashioned fart.

I mean once he started looking into what FAs eat, cause nice meals are only for the likes of him.

Hello!

Hello to you, love :-) can I get you anything? Perhaps an old-fashioned.

An ol' fashioned beat up? Oh boy now we're talking.

So, basically you people can spit on people's food and let it fall down the streets, but pax cant complain because MUH SYRIAN children and THINK OF THE AFRICAN PEOPLE STARVING?
Come on.

Aptivaboy

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Yes and for pilots and FAs too. What’s his problem? Would it make him feel better if FAs eat stale Big Mac?

No one wants airline employees to be malnourished. Sheesh... The issue is that a first class passenger is entitled to a given level of service. That includes getting the food and drink that said ticket, and the money spent on said ticket, entitles one to. Now, when the first class food starts to run out, yet an airline employee is seen eating said food, one starts to question whether one is receiving the promised level of service.

At my work (education), we have a school cafeteria for the students. I think we would all want educators to be nourished well. After all, a huge part of our jobs involves safety (who am I sounding like?). That is true, too - by Ed. Code, safety is my first priority, teaching second. However, I don't expect the school cafeteria to provide me with food. I pack a lunch before leaving for work. If I'm in a hurry, I grab some protein bars or similar. It wouldn't be right to consume food paid for by the students families' tax dollars. In the same way, how is it right for an airline employee to consume food paid for by a first class customer?

Or maybe he doesn’t believe FAs are of same social standing to be permitted the taste reserved for First Classers?

This has nothing to do with social status. Nice try, though, going for an ineffective ad hominem attack. It has everything to do with receiving what one paid for. I enjoy flying first class, and I move heaven and earth to afford the privilege. I'm hardly a classist. I'm a public school teacher, for gosh sakes. I simply enjoy the better level of service and the increased leg room in the first class cabin, necessary for someone as arthritic as myself with two somewhat healed and surgically repaired broken legs. When I do fly first class, I expect the level of service that the added cost of that ticket bestows. That has nothing to do with social standing. It has everything to do with getting what you paid for. Now, if the meal services are done and no one wants anymore food, then I say let the FA's chow down. At that point, its irrelevant. But, until the paying passengers have received the service, food, and drinks commensurate with their fares, they probably shouldn't be doing so.

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:28 pm

This should simply be discussed in Trip Reports not Civil Aviation. Over there we have First/Business/Elites etc foaming. Here we usually discuss Civil Aviation issues which the cocktails of some disgruntled passenger is simply not the place.
A350WARP

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Etheereal wrote:
sofianec wrote:
Etheereal wrote:
Hello!

Hello to you, love :-) can I get you anything? Perhaps an old-fashioned.

An ol' fashioned beat up? Oh boy now we're talking.

So, basically you people can spit on people's food and let it fall down the streets, but pax cant complain because MUH SYRIAN children and THINK OF THE AFRICAN PEOPLE STARVING?
Come on.

Careful with the “you people”, you.
A350WARP

Etheereal

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 pm

sofianec wrote:
This should simply be discussed in Trip Reports not Civil Aviation. Over there we have First/Business/Elites etc foaming. Here we usually discuss Civil Aviation issues which the cocktails of some disgruntled passenger is simply not the place.

UA's bad policies and lack of FA's "proper service" training doesnt belong on Civil Aviation? Seriously?

I like your effort to try to derail the issue, you get an A for that. But that's it.

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:34 pm

More traffic for his blog...
A350WARP

ual763
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 pm

It would seem as if Gianna’s twitter account has been deleted
From flying to the NOTAM office

Antarius

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Planesmart wrote:
Antarius wrote:
It could also have been a miscater where F didnt get loaded any food. The FAs then served what they had.

It happens. 2 weeks ago the flight I was on (AA) was catered 15 meal trays (for a cabin of 16). Not much an FA can do about that.

So FA solution is eat some of the passenger's food.

No. Totally different conversation.

I was replying to a post about F passengers eating BoB food. it has nothing to do with FAs or the original FA eating food.
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Etheereal wrote:
sofianec wrote:

UA's bad policies and lack of FA's "proper service" training doesnt belong on Civil Aviation? Seriously?

I like your effort to try to derail the issue, you get an A for that. But that's it.

This guy literally makes a living from creating and looking for trouble and boosting traffic to the blog. I’ve flown on UA over 300 times and never had anything significant to complain. Mind you post it here. This is an individual trip that FAs f’d up, hardly concerns Civil Aviation as a whole. I don’t see how you can even defend it with a straight face.
A350WARP

ual763
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 pm

sofianec wrote:
More traffic for his blog...

Except it wasn’t on the blog. This was his personal Twitter account. The point is, he can now write a blog post about his poor experience, and also Gianna’s ridiculing of him, and it could really hurt the company. That is why everyone except you appears to be upset. While most of the FAs are incredible people, including Jamake1, the bad eggs such as Gianna give all of the rest a stigma that they now have to overcome. It’s not fair to them, or to any of the United employees.

And btw, it’s not his blog. He is a contributor for The Points Guy. Specifically, he focuses on United and occasionally other Star Alliance carriers.

alfa164

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm

sofianec wrote:
Aptivaboy wrote:

No. Nice meals are for the passengers who have paid for them.

Yes and for pilots and FAs too. What’s his problem? Would it make him feel better if FAs eat stale Big Mac? Or maybe he doesn’t believe FAs are of same social standing to be permitted the taste reserved for First Classers?
Obviously buying a F tickets doesn’t actually give you any class.

Obviously buying a F ticket on UA doesn't actually give you any first class treatment.

There, I fixed it for you.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Etheereal

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm

ual763 wrote:

she couldnt take the flak

flyfresno

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 pm

ual763 wrote:
Planesmart wrote:
ual763 wrote:

It’s actually really good, other than the fact that they misspelled whiskey on the bottle. It says Whiskye...

Perhaps deliberate, because it doesn't meet the legal definition of whiskey?

I don’t know. It just had the cocktail name in big letters and then beneath it, it said “*insert brand* Whiskye with bitters, etc.”. It tasted good though.

Just please tell me they are using bourbon and not plain whiskey...

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Antarius wrote:
sofianec wrote:
Etheereal wrote:

This guy literally makes a living from creating and looking for trouble and boosting traffic to the blog. I’ve flown on UA over 300 times and never had anything significant to complain. Mind you post it here. This is an individual trip that FAs f’d up, hardly concerns Civil Aviation as a whole. I don’t see how you can even defend it with a straight face.

Honig is the closest thing to positive PR that UA gets normally. Many of us take his posts with a grain of salt given that he seems so happy with UA most of the time. So, yeah - he doesn't fit the DYKWIA malcontent narrative you are putting out there.

And because he is pay-to-play we should be just taking all he says as a fact. It could have been one of those days where everything is screwed, he is simply butt-hurt she spoke back without the proper respect he demands that’s why he went out of his way to trash UA and perhaps get even more money for future positive PR. Give me a break. Misinterpreted communication happens to anyone.
A350WARP

Antarius

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 pm

sofianec wrote:
Etheereal wrote:
sofianec wrote:

Honig is the closest thing to positive PR that UA gets normally. Many of us take his posts with a grain of salt given that he seems so happy with UA most of the time. So, yeah - he doesn't fit the DYKWIA malcontent narrative you are putting out there.
Last edited by Antarius on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:52 pm

alfa164 wrote:
sofianec wrote:
Aptivaboy wrote:
No. Nice meals are for the passengers who have paid for them.

Yes and for pilots and FAs too. What’s his problem? Would it make him feel better if FAs eat stale Big Mac? Or maybe he doesn’t believe FAs are of same social standing to be permitted the taste reserved for First Classers?
Obviously buying a F tickets doesn’t actually give you any class.

Obviously buying a F ticket on UA doesn't actually give you any first class treatment.

There, I fixed it for you.

Thanks, I never buy F on any US carrier, it’s a waste of money. Now SQ, CX, ME3, now we’re talking.
A350WARP

adambrau

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:54 pm

United recently switched the Moscow Mule with Old Fashioned as it's signature domestic cocktail. A month ago I asked if the flight attendant could look around and see if there wasn't one more Moscow Mule rattling around in the beverage cart. She laughed and went to look but came back and said unfortunately "no" but there were plenty of 'Old Fashioneds' if I wanted. I said it wasn't my thing and selected another drink, and the FA concluded this transaction by whispering in my ear that thus far she hadn't even been asked for an Old Fashioned. We both laughed. Regardless, United needs to get on top of these rogue FA's and I am glad this one will at the very least get written up. UA definitely should not be allowing employees to attack the public on social media - it's so obvious that I can't believe there aren't policies in place. Shameful.
Last edited by adambrau on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
France is in the Air

ual763
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:55 pm

sofianec wrote:
Etheereal wrote:
sofianec wrote:

He gets his money from running a hedge fund. He does the travel blogging for fun on the side. Zach is one of the best bloggers out there. He is always incredibly fair and unbiased. And I’ve been on many flights with him, including, most recently, the inaugural Max9 flight. He is one of the nicest passengers in person. Honestly, quite shy and never demanding. But, as with anyone who pays for something, he does expect to get what he paid for.

traindoc

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Inflight service and 1K customer service on UA is predictably unpredictable! Somewhat like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I am both a Million Miler and a 1K, but they are pushing me away with their crappy customer service. It is not on every flight, but usually happens at least once on a multi leg trip! My approach to UA is to expect the worst, because I won’t be disappointed that way.

Case in point; my wife and I took 2 grandsons to Italy this month. They originated in MCO and flew out of SAT and met them in EWR. I changed their return flight, EWR-MCO, and UA insisted on nearly $200 for them to fly in econmy plus, even though they were booked in economy plus on their original flight! However, as long as their flights are full, they don’t give a crap about customer service. They have forgotten that flyers like my wife and I are responsible for 85% of their revenue! As far as I am concerned they can stick with VFR! Let’s see how their revenue does with that demographic!

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Etheereal wrote:
sofianec wrote:

That’s right, it belongs in Trip Reports as it is hardly indicative of most UA flights. In fact I’ve never ever encountered such a thing on a UA flight (namely the headphones). I don’t mind FAs to eat F-class food, I don’t think anyone should.
Last edited by sofianec on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A350WARP

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:01 pm

ual763 wrote:
sofianec wrote:
Etheereal wrote:

He gets his money from running a hedge fund. He does the travel blogging for fun on the side. Zach is one of the best bloggers out there. He is always incredibly fair and unbiased. And I’ve been on many flights with him, including, most recently, the inaugural Max9 flight. He is one of the nicest passengers in person. Honestly, quite shy and never demanding. But, as with anyone who pays for something, he does expect to get what he paid for.

I’ll say it again. He raises valid issues on that flight. Complaining ‘bout the food FAs eat however is simply Middle Ages mentality. Other issues (namely the headphones) are valid.
A350WARP

TheRedBaron

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:06 pm

If I PAY to fly in First or Business class, I expect better treatment than Y, after all its my money and I can feel entitled (by my money) to ask for better services, specially if those are advertised and come in the menus...

She is right, pretty soon she wont be a FA, so taking her pics off twitter is just a prelude of what is to come...

And sometimes they say we exaggerate when we bash UA. The Unfriendly Skies ... holy cow!

Best regards
TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:07 pm

ual763 wrote:
sofianec wrote:
Etheereal wrote:

I know many sociopaths that look, act and sound like Jesus. His twitter rant however shows him in a very different light from what you describe. He could have raised the issue privately.
Last edited by sofianec on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A350WARP

sofianec

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 pm

777PHX wrote:
chonetsao wrote:
Do not blame the FA too quick. She is entitled her opinion and express accordingly. We can not blame her for expressing her feelings and opinions.

Whether her feelings or opinions is right or wrong, it is not for us to judge. We may express our own opinions on how we feel about the opinion but we should not judge her based on her expression.

And to be frankly, there is nothing offensive in her remarks. I mean, calling someone drunk is overact, but it is not the sort of behaviour to give her a death penalty in her career. There are far worse behaviours than calling some drunk.

If she's not a designated spokesman for the company, she's not entitled to speak on their behalf.

I don't care if the customer was a raging asshole or not, battling your customers over social media for all to see is a horrible look for a company, or having a rogue employee doing the same by proxy. Especially one that's a bit of a social media influencer like this gentleman was.

I don't see anything the blogger did that was wrong. He had a first class ticket and he expected to receive the service guaranteed by such and he didn't. That doesn't make him unreasonable. The F/As on his flight just sound lazy.

This is also a good example of why you shouldn't wear your employer on your sleeves so to speak when it comes to your social media accounts.

I believe she spoke on her own behalf and since Mr Honeypot is a media public personality due to his numerous contributions She was exercising her First Amendment rights.
A350WARP

aemoreira1981

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 pm

Jamake1 wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
The flight in question, was a p.s. subfleet aircraft with 142 seats (J28W42Y70), meaning just 3 FAs.

Do you mean just 3 F/A’s in United Business? Because that is how UB is staffed on the p.s. flights on pm-UA 757-200 aircraft. 2 additional F/A’s work in the Y cabin. I could tell from the photo that this was a pm-UA 757 A/C.

Gianna’s behavior is utterly appalling. She sees through a lens that perceives the customer as the problem. The demographic of the customer that flies p.s. is that of high status Globals and 1K’s who drink minimally for the most part. The male F/A’s service is also troubling...careless and sloppy. Definitely not a service centric F/A. The wearing of ear pods while on duty is totally unacceptable.

I work the p.s. trips frequently. It is pretty daring of him to be eating from a customer tray set-up unless the pilots informed the crew that they were not going to be eating their company provided crew meals during the flight (with tray set-ups comparable to the customer meals).

United has developed a pretty comprehensive social media team since the Dr. Dau incident. Rest assured that they’re on this. It was completely irresponsible of Gianna to engage with a customer while clearly identifying herself in the UA uniform.

The last thing I will say is in regard to the Old Fashion cocktail. On most non-p.s. domestic flights, there are usually only 1 or 2 bottles boarded in the bar cart. On p.s. flights there are usually more boarded since it is a Signature Cocktail in that particular market (as the menu reflects).

Curious: what about the trans-con routes from SF overall? I'm including the 364-seat aircraft and pm-UA internationally-configured 777 and pm-CO internationally-configured 757 aircraft. (I don't believe a CO-configured 772 has ever flown transcon.)

spacecadet

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:12 pm

sofianec wrote:
She should know her place.

She should! She's an employee for a company that provides a service for paying customers. She needs to provide the services the customers paid for, without complaint. That is the basic requirement of literally any job that deals with paying customers.

If she cannot do that, then she should start updating her resume and looking for a job where she can work entirely by herself.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

aemoreira1981

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 pm

Jamake1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
Oh Hey Gianna!

Brilliant! :rotfl:

I had actually posted on Twitter that it was too late to delete the tweets because other posters had already screenshotted the whole deal.

ual763
Topic Author

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 pm

sofianec wrote:
ual763 wrote:
sofianec wrote:

I know many sociopaths that look, act and sound like Jesus. His twitter rant however shows him in a very different light from what you describe. He could have raised the issue privately.

He’s a travel/airline blogger. By definition, that literally means that his whole purpose is to SHARE his travel experiences.

777PHX

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:15 pm

chonetsao wrote:
Do not blame the FA too quick. She is entitled her opinion and express accordingly. We can not blame her for expressing her feelings and opinions.

Whether her feelings or opinions is right or wrong, it is not for us to judge. We may express our own opinions on how we feel about the opinion but we should not judge her based on her expression.

And to be frankly, there is nothing offensive in her remarks. I mean, calling someone drunk is overact, but it is not the sort of behaviour to give her a death penalty in her career. There are far worse behaviours than calling some drunk.

If she's not a designated spokesman for the company, she's not entitled to speak on their behalf.

I don't care if the customer was a raging asshole or not, battling your customers over social media for all to see is a horrible look for a company, or having a rogue employee doing the same by proxy. Especially one that's a bit of a social media influencer like this gentleman was.

I don't see anything the blogger did that was wrong. He had a first class ticket and he expected to receive the service guaranteed by such and he didn't. That doesn't make him unreasonable. The F/As on his flight just sound lazy.

This is also a good example of why you shouldn't wear your employer on your sleeves so to speak when it comes to your social media accounts.

EA CO AS

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 pm

TVNWZ wrote:
Obviously nobody reads Heather Poole's tweets.

While Heather can be a bit, shall we say, "passionate," she's also dealing with a company-created situation that has placed her health and that of her family in jeopardy, along with thousands of her co-workers. She might march right up to "the line" but our UA friend Gianna here not only crossed it, she full-on stomped on and spat on the line before strutting across it shouting, "Look at meeeeee!! Look at meeeeee!!"

(Full disclosure; Heather's a friend, so I'm biased but also speaking facts)
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

SFOA380

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Jayafe wrote:
A few more examples of the Platinum US3 customer service...

This is certainly not unique to American carriers. I have witnessed shockingly poor customer service on BA, KL and LH recently as well. Moreover if you want to see some incredibly poorly behaved European crews, try running a hotel that hosts them. Not all, but some. They have lavished my staff with the same nonsense highlighted here.

m007j

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 pm

sofianec wrote:
ual763 wrote:

I’m pretty sure many, perhaps including yourself are gloating this woman being punished for her daring disobedience and her audacity to speak her mind at that Billion-mile flying Man-institution. She should know her place. She may kill herself for all we know. Pigs. :-) lol

Yes, she should. You absolutely do not get to say whatever you want while using your employment status to defend your position in a public forum. There's a reason most companies and government institutions require you to post a disclaimer, as I do on my Twitter, specifically stating that these views are your own and not those of your employer. I did not see that in her Twitter bio this morning. There is a reason employers pay big bucks to the PR people because people never remember the good, they always remember the bad.
As a flight attendant, you are for all intents and purposes the face of the company you work for. It's not up to you to defend your employer as much as you would like to, that's again why the PR department exists. Given this, as the public face of the company, you do give up certain rights to privacy. Maybe FAs need a bit of a refresher in this case, much like the CEO is publicly scrutinized for their decisions so too are you since you are all the customers see. You certainly should not be attacking a client publicly like this woman did. Imagine Mark Zuckerberg instead of apologizing for the Facebook scandal come out and telling the whole world about how 85 year old Jane Smith started the whole hack by giving a fake Russian company access to her friends list, that's the equivalent from a public standpoint of what Miss Gianna just did should this go viral. The one thing I learned in college is that people behave irrationally, so if you are in a role such as this one, play into it a little bit. There are ways to make them feel like they've won when in fact they've lost. Let this be an example to everyone else on the line that this is certainly the wrong way to go about it. Should she be fired? No. I've said it before on other incident threads that airlines need to look at their PR training for their front line employees because it's not working out. This newest incident is just more fuel for that fire.

Etheereal wrote:
ual763 wrote:

she couldnt take the flak

More likely she was told to delete it or face disciplinary consequences. If this was you being facetious, that's a d*** move and uncalled for.

I'd like to see more credit given to United, given that their employees are now feeling good enough about their company to defend it :D

buzzard302

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:10 am

I think carriers should just eliminate first class. Then no one feels like anyone owes the other anything. Passengers and FA's just need to get along in this difficult world.

AtomicGarden

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:48 am

I don't think it is relevant if the guy is an elite or a celebrity of sorts, or a long time UA supporter, or pays for F of his own pocket. You as an employee don't have the right to publicly criticize a customer who BTW is making some valid complaints about your company's dreadful service. Hell, she shouldn't even apologize, just let it go and get handled by those who are paid and authorized to do so.

I stopped writing on social media about my airline long ago, and would like to hit with a stick those who make us look bad on purpose.
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

TVNWZ

Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:32 am

EA CO AS wrote:
TVNWZ wrote:
Obviously nobody reads Heather Poole's tweets.

While Heather can be a bit, shall we say, "passionate," she's also dealing with a company-created situation that has placed her health and that of her family in jeopardy, along with thousands of her co-workers. She might march right up to "the line" but our UA friend Gianna here not only crossed it, she full-on stomped on and spat on the line before strutting across it shouting, "Look at meeeeee!! Look at meeeeee!!"

(Full disclosure; Heather's a friend, so I'm biased but also speaking facts)

IMO, a lot of her tweets are way over the line. But she is entertaining. And she has helped affect change.

ltbewr

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 am

UA executive management needs to be firm with employees and their employee unions as to such bad service, bad behaviors and talking about the job in their real identity and connection to UA in personal social media. These posts on social media are likely against their work rules, may violate confidentiality agreements, disclose even to the point of violations of Federal laws as to security weaknesses and personal info as to their own, other crew members and passengers. There needs to be improvements in continuing training as to service and behavior of cabin crews.

We also have to recognize how overcrowd planes are today, how growing numbers of passengers are angry about the flying experience from the time they enter a terminal, go through invasive security, too many fees for stuff that was included in your fare in the past, get treated like cattle, all that cause reactions upon flight crews, then flight crews get angry they are on the end of getting trashed by angry pax, its a vicious circle.

Etheereal

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 am

buzzard302 wrote:
I think carriers should just eliminate first class. Then no one feels like anyone owes the other anything. Passengers and FA's just need to get along in this difficult world.

After 9/11, american passengers should feel thankful if they didnt get beaten up on their flight. Is that what im seeing?

aemoreira1981

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:20 am

Apparently, this woman either changed her Twitter handle or deleted her account. However, the OP's post lives on forever and United can always come here to view the evidence.

ADrum23

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:27 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Apparently, this woman either changed her Twitter handle or deleted her account. However, the OP's post lives on forever and United can always come here to view the evidence.

I’m sure he saved the tweets.

I highly doubt (most) airline management reads this forum, they could care less.

Bald1983

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:43 am

Etheereal wrote:
chonetsao wrote:

Wrong.

is no right to free speech that is also free of consequences.

dz09

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:03 am

I don't think it is fair to blame the airline for the actions or comments of an obviously unhinged FA. When faced with a person like this, just ignore them and don't engage them in a discussion because that's all they're looking for. In all fairness, United is a much better airline than say a year or two ago. if they say they did not have your drink then try another drink. It's a flight not a bar and it would not kill you to try whiskey instead of vodka unless you're really looking for an argument. I recently flew in the new Polaris class from Narita to ewr and it was a very pleasant flight and United is definitely getting up there in quality and excellent service. I am a million miler (soon to be 2 millions) and 1k and I like and enjoy flying with united. Kudos to Mr. Oscar.

wjcandee

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:

Nasty post-operative brain-donor FA picked a fight with the wrong person and now appears to have deleted her account, which was still there earlier today.

When she tried to say she wasn't a UA FA, another Twitterer pointed out the photos of her in a UA FA uniform, in a UA cockpit, on the 747 internal stairs, etc.

And that she had referred to pax as "gate lice". Ruh-roh.

When will people learn that you can't in the same space present yourself as a company employee, complete with uniform, and then trash the company's customers. Embarrassing your employer publicly is the fastest way to no longer be employed by your employer, and this nitwit did it over and over.

wjcandee

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 am

dz09 wrote:
I don't think it is fair to blame the airline for the actions or comments of an obviously unhinged FA.

Of course it's fair. It's a management failure. They need more secret shoppers flying and more supervisors flying routes from other bases incognito to observe crews. The problem is that there is insufficient management presence, and insufficient consequences for bad behavior. If on a single flight, a 1K can observe: (1) an FA during boarding eating an FC meal, openly out in the galley (gross); (2) an FA eating the candied orange garnish for the signature drink straight out of the container (gross); (3) an FA claiming that they don't have the makings for the signature drink (because they're all eating the freaking garnish), and then that they only boarded one setup for it, this is a shop in which the employees don't perceive there to be any consequences for obviously-improper behavior. It's a free-for-all.

That's an issue of inadequate management. Try this crap at a Cracker Barrell or a Disney restaurant or a Red Lobster and you would find yourself on the street. Because they all have lots of management around making sure this stuff doesn't happen. At United, apparently-not. Fire 5 FAs from one base for this and the next week everyone will be on their toes. That they not only brazenly do it but that other UA FA's defend it speaks to a broken management culture.
Last edited by wjcandee on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

dochawk2

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 am

SFOA380 wrote:
It’s amusing here to see the comments that are obviously being posted by other flight attendants. This guy did nothing to indicate he was entitled or a difficult customer. All the Twitter comments were entirely professional. The only one here to blame is the FA. Yes there are difficult people everywhere but guess what you’re paid to deal with it. I’m not talking about abusive situations so don’t misunderstand. I run hotels and I’m the first one who would defend an abused associate. I have evicted many guests in my 30 year career for abusing my associates. Great news,
the unemployment rate is such that if your better suited to work at the local landfill (like Gianna) they likely have an opening. I like United and I certainly hope this idiot gets fired tomorrow.

Nicely stated. Thank you.
God, give us wings to fly!

SFOtoORD

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:36 am

sofianec wrote:
777PHX wrote:
chonetsao wrote:

I believe she spoke on her own behalf and since Mr Honeypot is a media public personality due to his numerous contributions She was exercising her First Amendment rights.

First amendment rights can still have repercussions on her private employment. They were dumb things to put on Twitter. And to be honest, for those of us who’ve almost irrationally stayed loyal to the airline the Tweets don’t engender any goodwill.

WTXJET

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 am

ual763 wrote:

Personally, I wish Airlines would allow you to chose your meal beforehand. I know you can do this with special meals, but if you had the opportunity to chose an entree at the time of check-in up to about 6hrs before departure, I think it would cut back on these problems by a lot.
[/quote][/quote]

AA allow this on flights with meal service. First Class/Business Class, both domestic and international, meal choices are available beginning at 30 days prior to departure up to 24 hours. This is NOT only for special meals. For example, my flight from MIA-DFW, two days ago, I chose the enchilada entree. I use this feature frequently and have had good success with it. The issue is with same day flight changes, the meal request does not follow you to your new flight.

CFM565A1

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:42 am

There are a lot of people (FAs and pilots on social media that are like that). Too quick to get fired up. I’ve seen many negative remarks both true and untrue about who I work for but have the restraint to not take it to where she did.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, DH8A/C Been on: B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.

WTXJET

Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:43 am

Reading the responses indicating the poor customer service of UA, especially Inflight Services. Keep in mind, from my perspective, AA is not any better. I could go on and on about the state of airline customer service in the USA. Other words, it's not just a UA problem.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos