Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
NateGreat
Topic Author
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Which gate at London Heathrow did Pan Am Flight 103 depart from?
 
User avatar
DL_Mech
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:48 am

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:34 pm

From a thread on this site:

Kilo 14 was the stand that PA 103 left from that awful night.

Since demolished when the taxiway was moved for Code F certification.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570449
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.

Former AMT on A220,A310,A319/20/21,A330,A350,B707,B717,B727,B737,B747,B757,B767,B777,DC-9,DC-10,L-1011,
MD-80/90,MD-11
 
NateGreat
Topic Author
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:59 am

DL_Mech wrote:
From a thread on this site:

Kilo 14 was the stand that PA 103 left from that awful night.

Since demolished when the taxiway was moved for Code F certification.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570449

Was it directly next to Gate 16, and directly across the hall from Gate 13? Looking on satellite map, it looks like any of the other gates, but with no jet bridges, and there are a bunch of containers and vehicles sitting in the spot.
 
LAXLHR
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 am

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:14 am

NateGreat wrote:
Which gate at London Heathrow did Pan Am Flight 103 depart from?


Curious why you ask?

LOT's of creepy ghost stories stem from that flight. Agents hated working that gate for years!
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA KL

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 330s 340s 350 380
 
Ionosphere
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:57 am

LAXLHR wrote:
NateGreat wrote:
Which gate at London Heathrow did Pan Am Flight 103 depart from?


Curious why you ask?

LOT's of creepy ghost stories stem from that flight. Agents hated working that gate for years!


What did they experience?
 
User avatar
wiggy
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:50 am

was the lockerbie one
 
Rudenko
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:56 am

I have quite a few photos of this gate, but unfortunately I have no idea how to upload them onto this post?
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Ionosphere wrote:
LAXLHR wrote:
NateGreat wrote:
Which gate at London Heathrow did Pan Am Flight 103 depart from?


Curious why you ask?

LOT's of creepy ghost stories stem from that flight. Agents hated working that gate for years!


What did they experience?


Unless you believe in ghosts the answer is nothing well nothing more than ''goosebumps'' :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
Ionosphere
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Re: Pan Am 103 Departure Gate?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Rudenko wrote:
I have quite a few photos of this gate, but unfortunately I have no idea how to upload them onto this post?


I'd love to see them

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos