slickvik
Topic Author

Delta ejects passengers over airplane mode spat

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:52 pm

boeingguy1

Re: Delta ejects passengers over airplane mode spat

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Another FA on a power trip.

I've noticed the regional airlines are much more adamant about airplane mode, with recent flights the FA coming back and forth checking with pax on their phones to ask if it's been switched.
"...Gatwick South!? Id rather crash in Brighton!"

catiii

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:03 pm

You know how many phones are inadvertently left on, or inadvertently left off airplane mode? The dropoff in professionalism and customer service on the regional level harms the DL product.

TransWorldOne

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:15 pm

SkyWest flights attendants are notorious for being the airplane mode police.

mikejepp

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:20 pm

boeingguy1 wrote:
Another FA on a power trip.

I've noticed the regional airlines are much more adamant about airplane mode, with recent flights the FA coming back and forth checking with pax on their phones to ask if it's been switched.

Generally employees don't get to be, as a group, like this because thats how they want to be.

Look at how they're being managed... the pressure put on them. Regional airlines are much more likely to put the fear of losing their job into their employees for things. They, in turn, treat the customer with a different attitude.

Its all part of this whole outsourcing business model. They can't motivate their employees with money so they motivate them with fear. Fear that if they're caught with a passenger not using airplane mode, they're going to get fired. They even worry that there are plain clothes members of management on planes testing them with stuff like this.

They've been told this is a 100% no exceptions rule. Which, it is.. its an FAR. You couple that with the prevailing attitude of society these days that "rules don't apply to me" and "I get to pick and choose what I want to do".... and you end up with stories like this.

QXAS

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:40 pm

My question is why would anyone not put their phone on Airplane mode? Now if the passenger puts the phone on airplane mode and is still removed, that is ridiculous. But if you’re asked to put your phone on airplane mode, put it on airplane mode. Not doing so is asking for an altercation whether you’re black, white, Latino or anything else.
I am NOT an employee of any airline or manufacturer. I speak for myself, not on the behalf of any company.

mcdu

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Extremely poorly handled. What a terrible thing for the FA fo do. She should be terminated for escalating that situation.

casinterest

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:59 pm

Poor customer service ,and at the end of the day probably not a real big issue for the plane. Many people I know have inadvertently left their cell signal on during a flight.
https://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/b ... r-reality-

However for this issue to have gotten to where it did, I would imagine it was a case of an obstinate passenger.

Many on here have seen some passengers push the limits on the cell straight into flight.
Where ever you go, there you are.

backseatdriver

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Assuming that the passenger had ignored the public announcement AND the FA's direct request to switch the phone to airplane mode, she was right to get sent back to the terminal. But the fact that other passengers stood up for her, and they were thrown off too? That's unbelievable. Of course you should follow the rules and comply, but if other passengers felt strongly enough to come to her defense, this is almost certainly a problem with the FA (and airline management).

jeffh747

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:12 pm

The passenger was in the wrong when she decided to make that snarky remark about the FA standing over her. If you keep your mouth shut and listen to the instruction of the crewmember, the situation dissolves. However, it was incredibly unjustifiable to boot five other passengers who stood up for her. It’s a messy situation all the way around.
A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B

jeffh747

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:29 pm

mbmbos wrote:
jeffh747 wrote:
The passenger was in the wrong when she decided to make that snarky remark about the FA standing over her. If you keep your mouth shut and listen to the instruction of the crewmember, the situation dissolves. However, it was incredibly unjustifiable to boot five other passengers who stood up for her. It’s a messy situation all the way around.

How authoritarian of you. So you're saying it's okay to kick someone off a plane because they don't show the proper level of deference to a crew member in the crew member's opinion?

Not keeping one's "mouth shut" is not grounds for ejection.

You missed my point. I’m not saying it was right for the FA to boot her off. I’m saying she absolutely didn’t help her case by trying to be smart.
A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B

727LOVER

DL/Skywest--FA kick off pax over cell phone mode

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Here is the 1st sentence:

A Delta Air Lines flight attendant forced passengers off a plane at Fort Wayne International Airport after a dispute with a black flier over whether or not her phone was turned to airplane mode.

1. Wrong---Her paycheck doesn't say Delta
2. Why bring up race?

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/natio ... 01ee37dbf2

Oh well...another he said/she said story
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

mbmbos

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:32 pm

jeffh747 wrote:

How authoritarian of you. So you're saying it's okay to kick someone off a plane because they don't show the proper level of deference to a crew member in the crew member's opinion?

"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

ozark1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Unbelievable. I have enough things i have to "police" and one is certainly not going to be going up and down the aisle asking people if they are in airplane mode.

Siren

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Cellphones are not an issue for airplanes. I'll relay a short little story. I have a very good friend who flies for a regional United Express affiliate, and one day a few months ago, his phone butt dialed me. I heard some chatter and was able to hear some conversation pretty clearly that sounded like a checklist was being read.

Sure enough it was the before takeoff checklist, and I stayed on the line up through 10,000 feet when I got bored and they stopped with the whole sterile cockpit thing. Look, cell phones do not interfere with airplane frequencies.

It may be an FAR, but it's clear that these rules are more in place for the sake of 'better safe than sorry' then any real demonstrated danger to fight safety.

The real issue here is that flight attendants and flight crews are Kings of their particular Hills. You have to treat them that way. If you acknowledge their position as Leaders of their little fiefdoms, with appropriate deferential respect, everything will go swimmingly well. On the other hand, things might go like they went with the incident flight in this thread.

Treat flight crews with respect, acknowledge that they are there to conduct you safely from point A to B, and nobody will have any issue. The real issue here is an overall breakdown in civility between people, and that's a much bigger issue than Aviation. However it has serious effects to Aviation safety but the root cause goes well beyond our little area of passion and interest. I don't think it can be addressed or solved with a purely aviation solution. These sorts of events will continue for the foreseeable future until there is some sort of cultural shift that brings civility back into our shared values.

cranberrysaus

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:39 pm

jeffh747 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
jeffh747 wrote:

You missed my point. I’m not saying it was right for the FA to boot her off. I’m saying she absolutely didn’t help her case by trying to be smart.

That flight attendant deserved every bit of snark she got.

Etheereal

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:42 pm

QXAS wrote:
My question is why would anyone not put their phone on Airplane mode? Now if the passenger puts the phone on airplane mode and is still removed, that is ridiculous. But if you’re asked to put your phone on airplane mode, put it on airplane mode. Not doing so is asking for an altercation whether you’re black, white, Latino or anything else.

Because rules are made for everyone else but me. That's 2018 attitude.

MrBretz

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Siren is right. We aren’t civil anymore. We all have attitude. We get angry over trivialities. Maybe we here can turn the other cheek especially over things like cell phones in airplane mode and the like.

rgreenftm

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Read the article again, and you'll see all of the details for this story are coming from the passengers perspective not DL/OO's perspective. Shocker, but the passenger told one version of events, and the FA has another, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Not to say the pax wasn't wrongly kicked off, but lets not just rely on her version of events as the truth here.

cschleic

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 pm

How many FAs accidentally leave their phones on, or even intentionally? I've seen plenty of them texting away while the plane is taxiing out. Considering how many phones are left on, for whatever reason and by whomever, the fact that planes aren't falling out of the sky proves that it's not an issue.

Redwood839

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Man, bad situation which could've been 100% avoided and money saved for Delta.

But the USA publication with "black flyer" "latina", wtf? Who cares what they were? Everything is racism now.

mbmbos

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Redwood839 wrote:

But the USA publication with "black flyer" "latina", wtf? Who cares what they were? Everything is racism now.

Has it occurred to you that maybe it was? Funny thing about rules - they are often enforced in arbitrary ways. That's one of the issues POC raise all the time.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

iamlucky13

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 pm

The video says it is a "developing story", but the links in the story (dated this morning) indicate the passenger went public yesterday, and the incident happened and concluded (ie - was no longer developing) almost a week ago.

The only thing still developing is the media's attempts to play this up as a bigger story than it is, and Delta and Skywest's efforts to downplay it as a complete non-story.

Regardless, keep in mind there is no video of the original confrontation, so it's one person's word against another's, and one of them is forbidden by her employer from publicly defending herself.

I see three readily plausible scenarios, and no obvious way to determine which is correct:

1.) Two people with bad attitudes challenged each other. The flight attendant won the first round by getting the passenger kicked off, and they both lost the second round (passenger missed her flight, flight attendant is likely to get disciplined).

2.) Perhaps the flight attendant really did act the way she did out of racist motives, and would have been more lenient towards other people not responding promptly to her directions.

3.) Perhaps the flight attendant would have been just as strict to anybody in the same situation, but the passenger herself may be racist and prejudge any unfavorable interaction with people not sharing her ethnicity as racist.

sabby

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:07 pm

I watched the video and looks like the passenger was being polite while arguing where as the attendant was adamant about that she did not turn on flight mode earlier and kind of snapped at another passenger who was supporting the first passenger. Anyway, as long as the passenger turns on flight mode when they still are taxing , there is no sense for the FA to still argue for her ego even if she didn't turn on flight mode early on.

cranberrysaus

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:09 pm

iamlucky13 wrote:
The video says it is a "developing story", but the links in the story (dated this morning) indicate the passenger went public yesterday, and the incident happened and concluded (ie - was no longer developing) almost a week ago.

The only thing still developing is the media's attempts to play this up as a bigger story than it is, and Delta and Skywest's efforts to downplay it as a complete non-story.

Regardless, keep in mind there is no video of the original confrontation, so it's one person's word against another's, and one of them is forbidden by her employer from publicly defending herself.

I see three readily plausible scenarios, and no obvious way to determine which is correct:

1.) Two people with bad attitudes challenged each other. The flight attendant won the first round by getting the passenger kicked off, and they both lost the second round (passenger missed her flight, flight attendant is likely to get disciplined).

2.) Perhaps the flight attendant really did act the way she did out of racist motives, and would have been more lenient towards other people not responding promptly to her directions.

3.) Perhaps the flight attendant would have been just as strict to anybody in the same situation, but the passenger herself may be racist and prejudge any unfavorable interaction with people not sharing her ethnicity as racist.

I'd give the flight attendant more benefit of the doubt if she didn't also kick off the two other people that were filming and defending the woman.

Redwood839

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:10 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Redwood839 wrote:

Has it occurred to you that maybe it was? Funny thing about rules - they are often enforced in arbitrary ways. That's one of the issues POC raise all the time.

and maybe it wasn't? That's exactly what I just said, everyone assumes it's racism now. Do you hear anything in the audio that points to her being racist or having an impulse on it? Hell, I'm latino, and I wouldn't want to be referenced as a latino because of my ethnicity on an article. Male passenger is 100% fine.

Elementalism

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Overreaction, party of one.

mbmbos

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Redwood839 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:
Redwood839 wrote:

and maybe it wasn't? That's exactly what I just said, everyone assumes it's racism now. Do you hear anything in the audio that points to her being racist or having an impulse on it? Hell, I'm latino, and I wouldn't want to be referenced as a latino because of my ethnicity on an article. Male passenger is 100% fine.

Hello! Being Latino doesn't give your opinion extra credibility.

Perhaps it wasn't racist and perhaps it was. So why not mention it? Too inconvenient for you?

And by the way, one can be racist without using a slur. People act on racial animus by choosing who to prosecute for a breaking a rule, for example. People act on racial animus when they decide who they do and do not hire. No bad words have to be spoken for those to be racist acts. Do you get that?
- R.M. Rilke

iamlucky13

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:22 pm

cranberrysaus wrote:

This kind of attitude is part of the overall problem.

When you assess situations according to a criteria of whether or not they give you or somebody else justification to treat people differently than would normally be considered civil, the behavior is at risk of snowballing.

"They deserved it" is also antithetical to concepts like the golden rule, "being the change you want to see in the world," and other sayings we may tend to think of as trite, but I really don't think are.

Redwood839

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:24 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Redwood839 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

Perhaps it wasn't racist and perhaps it was. So why not mention it? Too inconvenient for you?

And by the way, one can be racist without using a slur. People act on racial animus by choosing who to prosecute for a breaking a rule, for example. People act on racial animus when they decide who they do and do not hire. No bad words have to be spoken for those to be racist acts. Do you get that?

Slow down there Captain Senior. Who says me being latino gives me credibility? You're doing exactly what I said everyone is doing, you're making it about race when I'm making it about not needing to use racial slurs in the article? Matter of fact, you're completely deviating from the entire point of the actual issue on the flight just to proof to yourself that racism is alive, when every knows it. Seems to me like you have a problem. You keep saying it was racist insult, and I never said it wasn't , I just said it wasn't necessary for them to use words such as black flyer or latino in the article and why you gotta use the race when referring to someone. You probably should relax yourself a bit, and re read the principles of racism, seems to me like you're part of the problem who's ready to jump the gun at calling racism on everything.
Last edited by Redwood839 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cranberrysaus

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:25 pm

iamlucky13 wrote:
cranberrysaus wrote:

This kind of attitude is part of the overall problem.

When you assess situations according to a criteria of whether or not they give you or somebody else justification to treat people differently than would normally be considered civil, the behavior is at risk of snowballing.

"They deserved it" is also antithetical to concepts like the golden rule, "being the change you want to see in the world," and other sayings we may tend to think of as trite, but I really don't think are.

That's fair, but I also don't believe in fueling the ego of some power tripping FA. She needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

For some reason, many on this site believe that employees in the airline industry should get a pass at treating their customers like cattle.

Whiteguy

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:33 pm

You know what, get on the plane and do what your bloody well told! So sick of the entitled thinking they know better then everyone else. One person out of how many that managed to get on, sit down, and turn their phones off without causing a scene, why couldn’t she just do the same?

indcwby

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Been on a number of flights where folks were still talking on their phones after pushing back from the gate. Passengers in general don't listen to anything that is said on flights anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if she was doing the same. On my recent travel, I spoke overheard a conversation with a Captain hitching a ride to get to work for his flights and he stated that you get enough phones searching for a network, it can cause issues with their equipment. I would have liked to talk on what issues but I didn't want to be that guy.
A319, A320, A330, A340, B717, B727, B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, CRJ7, DC10, MD88, MD11, E145, E175
"Always remember that you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands."

Motorhussy

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:02 pm

[list=][/list]
Whiteguy wrote:
You know what, get on the plane and do what your bloody well told! So sick of the entitled thinking they know better then everyone else. One person out of how many that managed to get on, sit down, and turn their phones off without causing a scene, why couldn’t she just do the same?

Ummmm, she did as she was requested. The fact that other passengers came to her defence and were also removed shows that the issue probably lay with the cabin crew member. If she felt ‘unsafe’ in dealing with black people speaking to her, I’d suggest she may want to seek work in a Delta call centre where she can’t tell what colour her customers are.
come visit the south pacific

Elementalism

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:06 pm

indcwby wrote:
Been on a number of flights where folks were still talking on their phones after pushing back from the gate. Passengers in general don't listen to anything that is said on flights anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if she was doing the same. On my recent travel, I spoke overheard a conversation with a Captain hitching a ride to get to work for his flights and he stated that you get enough phones searching for a network, it can cause issues with their equipment. I would have liked to talk on what issues but I didn't want to be that guy.

And he knows this from his extensive testing? Realize a phone searching for a signal is not transmitting. It is opening itself up to receive from the tower. Phones also work on completely different radio bands than anything on the plane. The FAA conducted tests 20 years ago to see the effects of cell phones on aircraft, They couldn't find anything. That was back when phones were more power hogs and transmitting on lower bands. Planes fly through a soup of radio transmissions all the time and nothing happens..

Boeingphan

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:10 pm

indcwby wrote:

That's a bunch of nonsense. I had a long conversation with a retired capt from an american legacy carrier who flew long haul and he said there was zero evidence that cell phones interfered with any of the planes electronics. I heard it direct from his mouth. I think they do so, so that the general public isn't stuck listening to everyone's phone conversations the second they land even though that's fairly common to the novice flyer.

scbriml

Re: DL/Skywest--FA kick off pax over cell phone mode

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:18 pm

727LOVER wrote:

A Delta Air Lines flight attendant forced passengers off a plane at Fort Wayne International Airport after a dispute with a black flier over whether or not her phone was turned to airplane mode.

This old chestnut again?

What does it say on the side of the plane in big letters?

What’s the flight number?

It’s Delta as far as the rest of the World is concerned, whether you like it or not.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

MCIRNO

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26 pm

Is it time for body cameras for flight attendants?

PlanesNTrains

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:40 pm

mbmbos wrote:
Redwood839 wrote:
mbmbos wrote:

Why not mention she's black? How about why not mention she's fat? (I didn't watch the video - just making a point). You act like people having a different skin color needs to be mentioned as if it's the only prejudice that takes place, let alone has any bearing on this incident. There's a reason they put attractive people in ads, but not everyone can be attractive or fit the mold. Sometimes, those people are treated as stupid or troublesome. That goes for age as well. So I advocate for putting in the weight and attractiveness level of the person and their age as well. If you can also judge them by what class they are sitting in, that'd be awesome also. However, it has to be in the opening sentence of the article or else I'll be pissed.

Rewritten:

A Delta Air Lines flight attendant, white, middle aged, but of poor background, forced passengers off a plane at Fort Wayne International Airport after a dispute with a young, unattractive, but slenderish female black flier seated near the back of the economy section over whether or not her phone was turned to airplane mode.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

indcwby

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Boeingphan wrote:
indcwby wrote:

That's a bunch of nonsense. I had a long conversation with a retired capt from an american legacy carrier who flew long haul and he said there was zero evidence that cell phones interfered with any of the planes electronics. I heard it direct from his mouth. I think they do so, so that the general public isn't stuck listening to everyone's phone conversations the second they land even though that's fairly common to the novice flyer.

Yeah, I didn't want to push my luck and be the next topic on a.net. :)
A319, A320, A330, A340, B717, B727, B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, CRJ7, DC10, MD88, MD11, E145, E175
"Always remember that you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands."

ACDC8

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:46 pm

727LOVER wrote:

No, its not wrong - these employees are representing the Delta brand regardless of who signs the check. Because thats what their employer (the guy who signs the cheque) has required them to do by painting the inside and out of the aircraft with the Delta brand.
Last edited by ACDC8 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

ACDC8

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Whiteguy wrote:

According to the story, she did what was asked of her.

NYPECO

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 pm

QXAS wrote:

According to the article she did put her phone in airplane mode but got removed from the flight anyway, along with 4 other passengers who sided with her.

ACDC8

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Double post

Tkt96

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Siren wrote:
Cellphones are not an issue for airplanes. I'll relay a short little story. I have a very good friend who flies for a regional United Express affiliate, and one day a few months ago, his phone butt dialed me. I heard some chatter and was able to hear some conversation pretty clearly that sounded like a checklist was being read.

So you've done your own testing on how different signals (cellular and wifi) interact with every aircraft system? What were your own personal results?

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. Here is a situation where wifi signals interfered with the cockpit displays. How do those displays react to 100 or 200 or 400 cellphones not in airplane mode? Its impossible to test every situation so it's safer to just tell everyone to turn it off.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ng-354179/

Honeywell Phase 3 Display Units (DUs) have shown themselves susceptible to "blanking" during airline electro magnetic interference (EMI) certification testing of wireless broadband systems (Wi-Fi) on various Boeing 737NG airplanes, prompting Boeing to cease linefit installs of in-flight connectivity systems across its portfolio, including widebody aircraft.
Last edited by Tkt96 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tkt96

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 pm

Siren wrote:

So you've done your own testing on how different signals (cellular and wifi) interact with every aircraft system? What were your own personal results?

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. Here is a situation where wifi signals interfered with the cockpit displays. How do those displays react to 100 or 200 or 400 cellphones not in airplane mode? Its impossible to test every situation so it's safer to just tell everyone to turn it off.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ng-354179/

Honeywell Phase 3 Display Units (DUs) have shown themselves susceptible to "blanking" during airline electro magnetic interference (EMI) certification testing of wireless broadband systems (Wi-Fi) on various Boeing 737NG airplanes, prompting Boeing to cease linefit installs of in-flight connectivity systems across its portfolio, including widebody aircraft.

dtw2hyd

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:54 pm

Regionals may mitigate legal liability but they have become a major social liability to the brands.

PlanesNTrains

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Regionals may mitigate legal liability but they have become a major social liability to the brands.

My best flight in years was on a regional. YMMV
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

NYPECO

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:00 pm

727LOVER wrote:
2. Why bring up race?

Redwood839 wrote:

It's not completely outrageous to suggest it *could* have been race related considering there was no reason to kick the passenger off the flight.

kalvado

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
Whiteguy wrote:

According to the story, she did what was asked of her.

Can also be a matter of WHEN that was done. If airplane mode was turned on after return to gate is initiated - it is probably too late.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos