eidvm

Re: Irish 7/18: Heatwave madness!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:47 am

It is ironic really;

Pilots Demands: A clear transparent basing agreement based on seniority so as to end the culture of people being moved to random less appealing bases away from their families for taking too much fuel/calling in sick/calling fatigued/not going into discretion.

Ryanair’s Solution: Right, we’re moving 300 of you away to Poland, that should shut you up.

Seems to me Ryanair have just shot themselves in the foot by doing exactly what the pilots went on strike over and making it public news at the same time.

Galwayman

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:00 am

Seniority is poison , just a means for older members of staff to take advantage of new members of staff . It’s toxic in US airlines where all the lazy flight attendants get to cherry pick routes

Hope OLeary crushes the trouble makers completely, they’ll soon know what it’s like to be inconvenienced

leghorn

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:58 am

This was not a noble Industrial Action. Some Ryanair pilots tried to use strike action to gain preferential non-monetary terms to the Colleagues that they share the cockpit with.
They deserved to be hammered.

Ryanair management was faced with an adversarial agressive Union action.

Pilot Union first strike ever in Ryanair should have been about either getting more pilots converted to full time contracts or change of work practices to something the Union could argue were safety or quality of life based.
This strike was about getting older pilots first dibs on the best bases(which they were already at) and the pick of the vacations days.

I've no sympathy for the Union pilots here. They were neither well meaning or intelligent in their approach to Strike action. I hope non Union pilots don't get their lives turned upside down by the greedy me-feiners(translation for non-Irish; those who put themselves before others).

I like my €50 fares with Ryanair but I do expect the employees to have a good quality of life and the cack handed approach of the Union really worked against the best interests of the workforce here.

OA260

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:39 am

Irish-based Ryanair pilots to strike on Friday of August bank holiday

Ryanair pilots are to take part in a fourth strike in Ireland on Friday, August 3.

Trade union Forsa has warned that further strike action may follow.

www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-n ... 53507.html

eirflot

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Ryanair has a long history with IALPA, with the union usually lucking out! Don't think this will end well. A union has the fight to strike but it is hard understanding guys on strike who work 5 on and 4 off, and earn more than 150k per year

Eitilt

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm

What are the pilots asking for ?
The right for the most senior pilots, ie those with families and children in school, to influence where they should work.
This is not a request for a pay rise or extra days off and will put Ryanair in line with most other airlines ar no cost.
At the moment, your base is used as a stick or carrot to threaten and bully staff ( see today’s actions by Ryanair).
Ryanair produce massaged figures to influence people into believing that because pilots earn more then the average wage then they have no rights.
Ryanair believe that they will still earn €1.3 billion profit this year despite the current situation.
Please be objective when reading Ryanair’s statements.

Phen

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Galwayman wrote:
Seniority is poison...It’s toxic in US airlines where all the lazy flight attendants get to cherry pick routes

Like it or not, seniority is very widespread in the entire industry and won’t go away any time soon. And you can’t compare American FA’s with Irish pilots. Seniority is very fair where I work. It’s purely based on the date you joined and so long as you stay within the company; you yourself will get to the stage when you can “cherry-pick” what you want. And this is just reward for many years of hard work at unsociable times, working very long days and often working on weekends when your family and friends are off and thus a lot of important events like birthdays and weddings get missed. It’s not like these older staff are never going to retire and give way to the younger ones. You just have to wait your turn.

eirflot wrote:
A union has the fight to strike but it is hard understanding guys on strike who work 5 on and 4 off, and earn more than 150k per year

You can be assured that by no means do all pilots in Ryanair earn money like that. In typical Ryanair fashion their press releases are designed to generate maximum annoyance among the public hence they bounce around numbers like 150 or 200k to make Joe Bloggs think all pilots are earning this. And the 5-4 roster may sound nice but remember short-haul flying these days is essentially shift work with some very antisocial hours like starting at 4am or finishing at 2am. Plus as I mentioned above very often with a fixed pattern like that, you’ll miss a lot of weekends and hence your social life takes a big hit.

Just my to cents. It’s easy to criticise.

SCQ83

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:36 pm

I read in another forum that Aer Lingus is making DUB-SCQ daily in peak season S19 (they are making it year-round this winter). Are schedules for S19 already uploaded?

I am always surprised how well that route seems to work. Other than Irish tourists in Santiago (there are many Irish pilgrims) there are not that many connections between the two cities.

eirflot

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:44 pm

When

You are correct- it us easy to criticise!
At 100 plus flights a year I am a tad more than a Joe Bloggs

I am familiar with the concept of hard work and I understand seniority is earned. The situation is unusual because if have other pilot unions who have agreements with Ryanair and we gave to assume they have the same promotion and seniority prospects

Never said all pilots earn the same, but then neither do doctors, nurses, teachers, etc.

Galwayman

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Phen wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
Seniority is poison...It’s toxic in US airlines where all the lazy flight attendants get to cherry pick routes

Like it or not, seniority is very widespread in the entire industry and won’t go away any time soon. And you can’t compare American FA’s with Irish pilots. Seniority is very fair where I work. It’s purely based on the date you joined and so long as you stay within the company; you yourself will get to the stage when you can “cherry-pick” what you want. And this is just reward for many years of hard work at unsociable times, working very long days and often working on weekends when your family and friends are off and thus a lot of important events like birthdays and weddings get missed. It’s not like these older staff are never going to retire and give way to the younger ones. You just have to wait your turn.

eirflot wrote:
A union has the fight to strike but it is hard understanding guys on strike who work 5 on and 4 off, and earn more than 150k per year

You can be assured that by no means do all pilots in Ryanair earn money like that. In typical Ryanair fashion their press releases are designed to generate maximum annoyance among the public hence they bounce around numbers like 150 or 200k to make Joe Bloggs think all pilots are earning this. And the 5-4 roster may sound nice but remember short-haul flying these days is essentially shift work with some very antisocial hours like starting at 4am or finishing at 2am. Plus as I mentioned above very often with a fixed pattern like that, you’ll miss a lot of weekends and hence your social life takes a big hit.

Just my to cents. It’s easy to criticise.

We’ll have to agree to disagree , in my experience it’s where staff who’ve been there longer take advantage of staff who haven’t - it’s doesn’t reflect behaviour, attitude or performance and it offers nothing pf value to the organisation or customers - and it’s strongly associated with poor customer experience and dysfunctional organisations . The staff are often bored, bloated and privileged and don’t look for new opportunities because of seniority . Hope OLeary kills it before it toxifies the culture

leghorn

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Eitilt wrote:
What are the pilots asking for ?
The right for the most senior pilots, ie those with families and children in school, to influence where they should work.

No, it will the empty-nester pilots who will get their choice of holidays and bases just like everywhere else where Seniority is operated.

eidvm

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Galwayman wrote:
Phen wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

We’ll have to agree to disagree , in my experience it’s where staff who’ve been there longer take advantage of staff who haven’t - it’s doesn’t reflect behaviour, attitude or performance and it offers nothing pf value to the organisation or customers - and it’s strongly associated with poor customer experience and dysfunctional organisations . The staff are often bored, bloated and privileged and don’t look for new opportunities because of seniority . Hope OLeary kills it before it toxifies the culture

And how exactly would one go about assessing the performance of the pilots, their sim checks, their line checks? All very subjective based on the checker, and only occurring once a year, so you’d now have extra pressure on pilots flying line check flights that if they don’t do 100%, they’ll be moved away from their families. I’m not sure putting extra pressure on pilots is to be encoruraged in a safety critical environment.

Galwayman

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:17 pm

No link between seniority and safety , possibly the opposite if you look at KLM in Tenerife , Eygtair Suicide , Air France in Rio and numerous China airlines crashes .... more senior opinionated pilots in rigid structures tend to be a factor in accidents

Seniority reduces organisation flexibility , increases costs and dumps on newer members of staff ...

OLeary should fight them the whole way ....

JAmie2k9

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:07 pm

The Kremlin’s aviation regulator, Rosaviatsia, has issued a decree granting permission for Aeroflot’s low-cost subsidiary to start flying a new direct service from Moscow to Dublin.

Pobeda, Aeroflot’s budget airline, will initially fly four times a week from the Russian capital to Dublin, according to filings published yesterday on the regulator’s website.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.3575373

Eitilt

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Galwayman,
You obviously have some personal issues with seniority.
Are you a professional pilot ?
In general, the senior pilots are the most experienced pilots in the airline,
I would like the Captain flying me to be happy and focused on his flying and not distracted by missing his children’s birthday in another country or in fear of being sent to another base for not flying when they are sick. This is happening now.
I repeat, Ryanair granting seniority will not cost you or them any money.
It will, however, make for happier and focused pilots.
Surely, even you, can appreciate this.

Skyblue39

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:19 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
The Kremlin’s aviation regulator, Rosaviatsia, has issued a decree granting permission for Aeroflot’s low-cost subsidiary to start flying a new direct service from Moscow to Dublin.

Pobeda, Aeroflot’s budget airline, will initially fly four times a week from the Russian capital to Dublin, according to filings published yesterday on the regulator’s website.

Is that going to be from SVO or DME?

OA260

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:50 pm

£12m funding for Bombardier to secure Belfast jobs

Plane manufacturer Bombardier will receive almost £12 million of new British government funding to secure jobs at its Belfast factory.

British Chancellor Philip Hammond made the announcement today during a one-day visit to Northern Ireland, during which he toured Bombardier's production line in Belfast.

He welcomed new orders of 60 A220s announced last week at the Farnborough Airshow before chairing a financial services roundtable discussion.

The wings for the A220, which was formerly known as the Bombardier CSeries, are made in Belfast.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0725/9810 ... t-belfast/

eirflot

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Eitilt
Not sure I follow
I am guessing that pilots are scheduled to fly a month in advance and should know what dates are important or not, as the case may be

It is unfortunate, based on your last post, that the rest of the living world does not experience the same issues highlighted in that post.

May I ask what makes the pilots different from the rest of us working mortals?

I would love to gave 5 on and 4 off. My firm sends me where ever they please, usually at little or no notice and I gave been sent to some incredibly crap places. I pay for my own uniform, water and food. I travel on my own time and I fight my own battles

And it's all quite interesting
What happened to if you don't like it move - it's a pilots market these days

JAmie2k9

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:29 am

Skyblue39 wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Is that going to be from SVO or DME?

Perhaps neither, the low coast subsidy only has a base at VKD and don't fly to the other 3 in Moscow. It would also limit connections to the low cost carrier only because Aeroflot is largely based at SVO.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is no route announcement.

planemanofnz

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 am

ELBOB wrote:
Belfast ... Amalgamating both airports ...

Would easyJet, Jet2 or Ryanair ever move to BHD? Are high costs and a curfew too off-putting for them?

Cheers,

C.

LH982

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:06 am

planemanofnz wrote:
ELBOB wrote:

Would easyJet, Jet2 or Ryanair ever move to BHD? Are high costs and a curfew too off-putting for them?

Cheers,

C.

Runway is only 6000 feet, so it limits options. You can get A321s and 738s in, but anything longer than UK routes and you could be leaving with empty seats. It's interesting to note that EI operate to Malaga, but with a 733.

The curfew would also be extremely restrictive/costly

planemanofnz

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:21 am

LH982 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:
ELBOB wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Runway is only 6000 feet, so it limits options. You can get A321s and 738s in, but anything longer than UK routes and you could be leaving with empty seats. It's interesting to note that EI operate to Malaga, but with a 733.

Eh, EI doesn't have 733's, and it serves both Faro and Malaga seasonally from BHD, with 320's. Therefore, surely the runway wouldn't be that much of an issue for the other carriers - perhaps to the Canaries only? Many runways with similar lengths regularly have jet flights 3-4 hours in length, like DUD and ZQN.

Cheers,

C.

mast2407
Topic Author

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:37 am

planemanofnz wrote:
LH982 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Eh, EI doesn't have 733's, and it serves both Faro and Malaga seasonally from BHD, with 320's. Therefore, surely the runway wouldn't be that much of an issue for the other carriers - perhaps to the Canaries only? Many runways with similar lengths regularly have jet flights 3-4 hours in length, like DUD and ZQN.

Cheers,

C.

EI is leasing a 733 from ASL specifically for the Faro and Malaga routes out of Belfast.

Edit: grammar and accidentally a word.

JAmie2k9

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:37 am

BHD-AGP/FAO on the A320 is not a problem and EI only started the ASL lease this year but not because of runway issues.

Phen

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:54 am

Galwayman wrote:
in my experience it’s where staff who’ve been there longer take advantage of staff who haven’t...and it’s strongly associated with poor customer experience and dysfunctional organisations . The staff are often bored, bloated and privileged and don’t look for new opportunities because of seniority . Hope OLeary kills it before it toxifies the culture

Oh yes for sure in some organisations and lines of work I agree it can lead to this but absolutely not in the flight deck. Maybe your argument is geared more toward seniority within cabin crew. It’s just not really possible for a senior captain to lump all the work on a junior first officer. It just doesn’t work like that. Everyone pulls his/her weight In there. And as another poster said, senior captains carry invaluable experience and are rewarded for that. These aircraft are designed to be flown by 2 people tasksharing, and any degradation of that puts safety at risk. And it would certainly have no bearing on customer experience! Needless to say the passengers don’t really care about who is senior to who in the flight deck.

OA260

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:07 am

Will be interesting to see how the EU respond to this statement from FR . If AF / LH etc pay out so should FR. These are not extraordinary circumstances.

8.03am: Ryanair says passengers will NOT receive compensation for delays .

A Ryanair spokesman said: “Ryanair fully complies with all EU261 legislation, however as these flight cancellations were caused by extraordinary circumstances, no compensation is due.

“Under EU261 legislation, no compensation is payable when the union is acting unreasonably and totally beyond the airline’s control.”

www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/99445 ... kes-latest

seahawk

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 am

That will be interesting to watch. If FR succeeds no European airline will pay compensations due to strikes in the future.

LH982

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks Jamie,

When operating out of BHD about 10 years ago, Ryainair complained that they could not operate longer routes to Europe because of runway restrictions. They argued for a runway extension, which was not delivered, and gave this as one of the reasons for eventually pulling out of BHD.

JAmie2k9 wrote:
BHD-AGP/FAO on the A320 is not a problem and EI only started the ASL lease this year but not because of runway issues.

eirflot

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 am

Maybe it's time the unions were included in the compensation legislation! Now that would be both interesting and intriguing.
There are many times I would gave lived to send my bills to the unions - expenses onvirred as a result of their actions

OA260

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 am

seahawk wrote:
That will be interesting to watch. If FR succeeds no European airline will pay compensations due to strikes in the future.

The problem that FR may have is depending on where any test cases are taken with this whole situation different outcomes can happen in different EU states. Even in other issues where FR have won in Spain and lost in Netherlands on the same situation. They have to comply with local laws.

JAmie2k9

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am

LH982 wrote:
Thanks Jamie,

When operating out of BHD about 10 years ago, Ryainair complained that they could not operate longer routes to Europe because of runway restrictions. They argued for a runway extension, which was not delivered, and gave this as one of the reasons for eventually pulling out of BHD.

JAmie2k9 wrote:

Yeah B738 are restricted even on UK routes from what I can remember. The MAX may be better suited but with FR up the road now it doesn't matter.

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium flew A321 BHD-REU for a season or two a few years ago as well.

planemanofnz

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 am

LH982 wrote:

The runway would only have been a problem for the Canaries - nowhere else that FR flew/flies to.

Of the 15 airports FR serves ex-BFS, only 2 are in the Canaries. For U2, it's 1/35 (soon to be 2/35).

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:47 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
B738 are restricted even on UK routes from what I can remember.

I wouldn't have thought so. BHD's runway is 1,829 m - compare this to ZQN's runway, at 1,891 m, which can handle 320's and 738's on flights up to 1,500 mi (e.g. ZQN - BNE), without payload restrictions. This is equivalent to the likes of BHD - TUN (Tunis, in Africa). I could see the runway length being an issue for flights to the Canaries and Greece, but not really anywhere else in Europe. Am I missing something? Other airports with comparable runway lengths and ~4 hour jet flights include DUD (1,900 m) and SUV (1,868 m).

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:14 pm

HU is scaling back its DUB flights from 4x weekly to 3x weekly, with the non-stop PEK - DUB flight seeing a drop from 2x weekly to 1x weekly (the non-stop DUB - PEK flight will continue to be operated 2x weekly). I'm not sure what's behind this, but hopefully the switch from the 330's to the 787's will improve the economics of the service. Ultimately, it would be great if DUB ended up getting its own service.

See: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... y-changes/.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Norwegian's boost on SNN - PVD has been confirmed (from 3x weekly to 5x weekly):

D81769 SNN1540 – 1750SWF 7M8 x15
D81768 SWF2025 – 0735+1SNN 7M8 x47

It's good to see Norwegian seeming to do well ex-SNN, when so many others aren't.

See: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-25jul18/.

Cheers,

C.

Clydenairways

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:41 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
LH982 wrote:
Thanks Jamie,

JAmie2k9 wrote:

Yeah B738 are restricted even on UK routes from what I can remember. The MAX may be better suited but with FR up the road now it doesn't matter.

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium flew A321 BHD-REU for a season or two a few years ago as well.

Yeah i think the MAX would be better. FR are also starting a Southend base with just the MAX because it works better there. Maybe Ryanair could move back to BHD one day with the MAX.

hynithuchi

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:03 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
HU is scaling back its DUB flights from 4x weekly to 3x weekly, with the non-stop PEK - DUB flight seeing a drop from 2x weekly to 1x weekly (the non-stop DUB - PEK flight will continue to be operated 2x weekly). I'm not sure what's behind this, but hopefully the switch from the 330's to the 787's will improve the economics of the service. Ultimately, it would be great if DUB ended up getting its own service.

Cheers,

C.

Chinese airlines tend to cut back capacity and frequencies to Europe during Winter periods, e.g ZRH where ops are supended by CA for the entire Winter period. Nothing to worry about unless loads are a problem and worse so, yields.

OA260

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:10 pm

hynithuchi wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Chinese airlines tend to cut back capacity and frequencies to Europe during Winter periods, e.g ZRH where ops are supended by CA for the entire Winter period. Nothing to worry about unless loads are a problem and worse so, yields.

Agreed its still very early days to be able to tell how the route will perform.

by738

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Loads being a concern on certain sectors I understand, though the two separate origin points will make statistical analysis of any UK CAA figures difficult (unless blatantly dire across the board)
If common practice, what other Chinese UK/Ireland routes are seeing winter cuts such as these?

hynithuchi

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:31 pm

by738 wrote:
Loads being a concern on certain sectors I understand, though the two separate origin points will make statistical analysis of any UK CAA figures difficult (unless blatantly dire across the board)
If common practice, what other Chinese UK/Ireland routes are seeing winter cuts such as these?

Couldn't tell you about UK/Ireland routes. It definitely happened with CA at GVA at one stage and now with ZRH. HU did the same thing at ZRH during their short period of operation and it seems to me I read about other European service reductions for certain periods of time, although I cannot give any specific destinations offhand.
This may not happen with UK destinations, as their market potential is enormous and cannot be compared with secondary destinations ( I don't want to hurt any Irish feelings here ), but I think where the loads depend a lot on Chinese tourist traffic, it is logical to cut capacity during certain periods.

BrianDromey

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:35 pm

Clydenairways wrote:

Yeah i think the MAX would be better. FR are also starting a Southend base with just the MAX because it works better there. Maybe Ryanair could move back to BHD one day with the MAX.

I don’t think the SEN schedule is planned with the MAX at present. Apparently recent 800s have the short field package. Which ones I don’t know, but it was mentioned when FR announced the SEN operation.

OA260

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Email from Etihad Guest :

As part of an ongoing review of our network performance we have made aircraft and capacity changes to our Dublin service.

From 15 January 2019, we will deploy a Boeing 777-300ER between Abu Dhabi and Dublin. The existing twice daily A330-200 service will be replaced by the daily Boeing 777-300ER service. The Boeing 777-300ER is configured to carry 412 passengers with 28 in Business Class and 384 in Economy.

richcandy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:52 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
LH982 wrote:

The runway would only have been a problem for the Canaries - nowhere else that FR flew/flies to.

Of the 15 airports FR serves ex-BFS, only 2 are in the Canaries. For U2, it's 1/35 (soon to be 2/35).

Cheers,

C.

I don't know what the reason was but FR blocked the first few rows even on BHD-STN flights.

Alex

alancostello

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:06 pm

OA260 wrote:

As part of an ongoing review of our network performance we have made aircraft and capacity changes to our Dublin service.

From 15 January 2019, we will deploy a Boeing 777-300ER between Abu Dhabi and Dublin. The existing twice daily A330-200 service will be replaced by the daily Boeing 777-300ER service. The Boeing 777-300ER is configured to carry 412 passengers with 28 in Business Class and 384 in Economy.

Not entirely surprising given their current issues, overall reduction of 112 seats per day (16 J and 96 Y), with a slight reduction in comfort in economy (3-4-3 Y on the 77W from 2-4-2 on the A330). I'd imagine they're suffering ex-DUB after the cancellation of their Perth route. It's likely Qatar are taking a lot of these, they recently upguaged to a daily A380 DOH-PER, and an upguage or move to double-daily on DUB-DOH can't be far away, flew it in May and June and both ways were packed.

OA260

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:22 pm

alancostello wrote:
OA260 wrote:

Not entirely surprising given their current issues, overall reduction of 112 seats per day (16 J and 96 Y), with a slight reduction in comfort in economy (3-4-3 Y on the 77W from 2-4-2 on the A330). I'd imagine they're suffering ex-DUB after the cancellation of their Perth route. It's likely Qatar are taking a lot of these, they recently upguaged to a daily A380 DOH-PER, and an upguage or move to double-daily on DUB-DOH can't be far away, flew it in May and June and both ways were packed.

QR were always going to do well the fact being Oneworld is a big plus over EY. Rumors were EY may give up their lounge at DUB too so will be interesting to see who adopts it. Its sad to see the reductions and a 80% reduction in EY staff in Ireland who were also let go recently.

kaitak

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:27 pm

OA260 wrote:

I'm pleased they're staying the course anyway; a daily 77W is better than a single daily 332 (capacity wise) ... hope they continue to serve Dublin; they are the longest serving ME carrier here and I'd hate to see them go.

Depending on what happens with EY's 330 fleet, we might yet see 787s coming to DUB.

uconn99

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
Norwegian's boost on SNN - PVD has been confirmed (from 3x weekly to 5x weekly):

It's good to see Norwegian seeming to do well ex-SNN, when so many others aren't.

Cheers,

C.

The article is about Stewart, where does PVD come into play here?

planemanofnz

Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:07 am

uconn99 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

The article is about Stewart, where does PVD come into play here?

My mistake - thanks for picking it up - should have read SWF, and not PVD.

Cheers,

C.

OA260

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:11 am

Union says job threats will not impact strike action

The Fórsa trade union has said the decision by Ryanair to threaten job losses in Dublin was not going to lead to pilots standing down their industrial action against the airline.

Earlier this week Ryanair issued letters of protective notice to more than 100 pilots and 200 cabin crew employees as it announced plans to cut its Dublin-based fleet by 20% for the winter months.

The airline said it plans to cut its Dublin-based fleet of aircraft from 30 to around 24.

www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0727/981383-ryanair/

stratocruiser

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:33 am

hynithuchi wrote:
by738 wrote:

Couldn't tell you about UK/Ireland routes. It definitely happened with CA at GVA at one stage and now with ZRH. HU did the same thing at ZRH during their short period of operation and it seems to me I read about other European service reductions for certain periods of time, although I cannot give any specific destinations offhand.
This may not happen with UK destinations, as their market potential is enormous and cannot be compared with secondary destinations ( I don't want to hurt any Irish feelings here ), but I think where the loads depend a lot on Chinese tourist traffic, it is logical to cut capacity during certain periods.

I would think you are correct in that the DUB route will be fairly heavily dependant on tourist traffic, much of which will originate in China although undoubtedly there will also be significant numbers of Irish tourists heading eastwards. However although Irish winters may not be too attractive to Chinese tourists, winter in Beijing may also dissuade tourists heading in the opposite direction, so a reduction in frequency during that season is not at all surprising.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos