Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RJNUT
Topic Author

Improved EAS connectivity

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Some good news in an otherwise depressing subject.

Boutique now offers full interline and selective codeshare with United.( a complete surprise)

Southern AIrwasy Express phasing in interline connectivity with AA thru PIT and BWI

Via Air now offers AA interline from PKB and BKW thru CLT

Silver Airways re- invigorating UA connectivity with new ATRS at BKG to UA hubs of IAH and ORH and possibly soon VCT-IAH. added seasonal BHB-BOS

Last December AIr Choice One upgraded their computer system to accommodate E ticket interline. I would say UA would go after this opportunity at Ohare, with their new emphasis on small markets and copies their action at DEN with Boutique.

and of course Cape Air offering the most comprehensive interlining of all to their EAS markets

I think this breathes new life into these markets and may help to alter the program to include a level of connectivity to qualify and also build traffic that could ultimately reduce subsidies.

RJNUT
Topic Author

Re: Improved EAS connectivity

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Hah ! Just after I started this thread, out comes this major termination order for EAS cities, so it basically blows up my premise!

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... mmunitiesI

FlyPNS1

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:12 pm

RJNUT wrote:
Hah ! Just after I started this thread, out comes this major termination order for EAS cities, so it basically blows up my premise!

Many of these 21 communities won't get terminated as they'll apply for a waiver. For example, SHD (erroneously called Staunton, PA in the article), just got new EAS service from SkyWest (under UA banner) in April. So I expect they'll get a waiver to see how the service matures first.

Granted, many on that list of 21 probably should be dropped from EAS.

MO11

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:15 pm

RJNUT wrote:

This notice is several weeks old; the communities have filed already their petitions for waivers to the order.

Nonetheless, the EAS communities that have been seeing CRJs or ERJs have also seen a reduction in subsidy. It will be difficult, if not impossible, to eliminate subsidies for the 8/9-seat operators, unless fares drastically increase. Remember that many of these communities were subsidized prior to deregulation.

usxguy

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Well, look what Mokulele did in Imperial, Ca. Because of their interline with Alaska at LAX & convenient gate, they have flown almost as much as SkyWest did with a Brasilia.
xx

32andBelow

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Skywest should be boutique/cape air and bid the entir L48 EAS package

TEY1330

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08 pm

I hope Southern Airways establishes interline with AA at DFW. But they have got to replace those caravans with something pressurized. Weather is too unpredictable in that part of the country.

32andBelow

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 pm

TEY1330 wrote:
I hope Southern Airways establishes interline with AA at DFW. But they have got to replace those caravans with something pressurized. Weather is too unpredictable in that part of the country.

PC12 Or conquest would work well

RJNUT
Topic Author

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 pm

TEY1330 wrote:

...AND move to main terminals, not the G.A. location currently.

knope2001

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:41 pm

In the last round of termination notices a pretty similar number of cities were on the chopping block. I believe all appealed, some with better reasons than others. The only one not granted an exception was Jamestown NY.

We will see what they do this time but it seems likely most will be allowed to continue again. Some of the smallest airports end up with projected bids of subsidy a hair below the $200 cap using fairly implausible traffic projections, and then period after period they blow solidly through the cap until finally the DoT says enough. But until that point the EAS carrier still gets their subsidy month after month nth until the well runs dry. I do think EAS does something worthwhile in quite a few markets but some of these noncompliant markets which chronically miss by a lot are just poster children to get the whole program killed.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos