bob75013
Topic Author

Southwest is America's favorite 'value airline' brand

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Southwest Airlines (LUV) is America’s favorite “value airline” brand, according to a Harris Poll survey of more than 77,000 U.S. consumers over the age of 15.

The data seems to indicate that Southwest fares better than the legacies, too.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/southwes ... 28630.html

MIflyer12

Re: Southwest is America's favorite 'value airline' brand

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Oddly, IMHO, Google doesn't find a press release from Harris on this topic. I was hoping for more detail than the Yahoo News piece.

Jefford717

Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:40 pm

I'd personally have to agree with this article, I’ve flown on Delta, American, United, Alaska and Jet Blue on economy and Southwest would definitely on my top list. Their Chase rapid rewards credit card also offers one of the best value out there.

FATFlyer

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 pm

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

ytib

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Also of note...

Full Service Airline: Hawaiian Airlines
Airbus:318,319,320,321,332,333,388
Boeing:707,717,732,733,734,73Q,735,73G,738,7M8,739,752,753,742,74L,744,762,763,772,77L,77W,789
Misc:142,CN1,CR2,CR7,DC8,DH2,DH8,D8Q,D10,D95,EM2,ER3,ER4,E70,100,J31,M11,M83,M88,M90,SF3

Where is Neil

WN732

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Yes Hawaiian got full service. And they are top notch, even in economy. But they only get you so far.

WN is king of domestic economy. Nobody brings that value to as many destinations.

Chemist

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:43 pm

I find value in Southwest, because even as the traditional legacies have degraded and Southwest prices have increased, Southwest still doesn't nickel-and-dime me, and treats me with respect. That goes a long, long way.

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Southwest compared to Delta, AA, or UA in 2018 isn't even a comparable experience. Southwest offers a way better experience in every way. JetBlue comes the closest IMHO but still isn't southwest.

jimatkins

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:05 pm

Many years ago, got delayed by monsoons on a trip from PHX to ONT. Rained so hard the plane leaked and they had to get a new one at the gate in PHX. The crew did everything they could to lighten the mood, throwing peanuts around the cabin, singing a song to the tune of Green Acres over the PA, and basically getting us to not mind a 90 minute delay. Always loved that attitude.

Ionosphere

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:08 pm

I really don't find Southwest to be any cheaper than the legacies. It seems often they're more expensive than a legacy.

F27500

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:10 pm

Really wonder why? No advance seat assignments, cattle car "get in numerical order" boarding, no IFE … silly tacky acting crews .. .ugly livery ... so why ?

JetBlue is vastly superior. And more professional.

OzarkD9S

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:10 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

Southwest compared to Delta, AA, or UA in 2018 isn't even a comparable experience. Southwest offers a way better experience in every way. JetBlue comes the closest IMHO but still isn't southwest.

Living in STL B6 isn't an option for me. I have two FF accounts: WN and DL. I have a DL AMEX Platinum card so my first bag indeed flies free. My annual AMEX fee includes a companion pass which more than pays for the fee plus I put about everything I can on it so the points/miles really add up.

If WN doesn't take me there DL will. I do find myself on UA or AA on rare occasions but when all is said and done I find WN and DL to be about the same. Early Bird check-in on WN is comparable to me to assigned seating on DL. The WORST boarding group I've ever been assigned on WN is the low B group and always got my preferred window seat. The biggest plus on DL for me is I have never had a problem standing by for an earlier flight on DL, where as WN now wants you to pay the fare difference for Wanna-Get-Away. To me anyway, its a wash between the two.

And the fares are usually equal.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

Super80Fan

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:11 pm

I mean, no real surprise here who was going to win the "value" category Allegiant? Frontier? Spirit?
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

flyguy84

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Interesting with what they perceive as “value.” They are often the same price if not more expensive than legacy carriers and offer less. Free bags only get you so far.
SFO

Cubsrule

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:15 pm

F27500 wrote:
Really wonder why? No advance seat assignments, cattle car "get in numerical order" boarding, no IFE … silly tacky acting crews .. .ugly livery ... so why ?

B6’s network sucks for pretty much everyone who does not live in Boston, New York, or South Florida.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

N776AU

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:30 pm

I much prefer a seat assignment, but other than that I'd say I have a generally positive opinion of Southwest. I will say this for the cattle-call boarding, though. It does make lining up to board orderly, versus everyone just crowding the gate area and you have no idea who is getting on and who is just in the way.
Careful, doors are closing, and will not reopen. Please wait for the next train.

caljn

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Ionosphere wrote:
I really don't find Southwest to be any cheaper than the legacies. It seems often they're more expensive than a legacy.

You are correct sir! And they do not have a premium economy option.
The staff is friendly enough, they typically have many options and you've got to credit their efficiency; quite a sight to witness their speedy turnaround.
But honestly, anything over 2 hours is brutal in those cramped confines.
Luv the 737-700 though...a race car in the sky!

MSPSXMFLIER

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:52 pm

F27500 wrote:

I live in the Twin Cities and look forward to booking my first jetBlue flights for a vacation this winter. Been wanting them to start service out of MSP for years and now that they're here I can switch away from Sun Country and their planned conversion to become yet another cattle car, nickel and dime ULCC. Friends living along the east coast who use jetBlue, rave about and praise the quality of their product.

compensateme

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:06 am

Ionosphere wrote:

The legacies have adapted to WN’s pricing, but those $39 LAX-SFO fares wouldn’t exist if WN wasn’t serving the market. Of course, WN includes two checked baggage, one full-sized carry on and no change fees in its $39 fare, making it - by far - the best value, even if you don’t necessarily require those.
We don’t care what your next flight is.

einsteinboricua

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

The underlined part depends on your viewpoint. Overall, that may be true, but the legacies may actually have a better score than WN in some aspects. For example, while WN and AA both offer wireless IFE, AA's planes have chargers (WN does not). Unless you have an early boarding number for WN to catch an exit row seat or another good seat, you're stuck with the usual seats; with the legacies, you may up your game to Y+ or even first class. While WN does offer two bags for free, if you have an airline credit card, you get one bag free (which is what many people travel with anyway). Legacies may get you to your final destination nonstop; WN may require one or two stops. And depending on the airport you fly out of, the legacies may be equal or cheaper than WN (even out of BWI I've found better fares with other airlines).

I've only flown with B6 twice so I can't really compare the experience, but B6 may actually have a leg up on WN as well.

WN would get more business from me if they installed power ports on their seats. The business case for it is weak since many of their flights are less than 3 hours long, but let's not forget the transcon flights...battery life can only last so long. In the meantime, the legacies are ahead if it means I can land at my final destination with a phone fully charged or a laptop that was able to stream/play a movie until it needed to be stowed away.

EDIT: That being said, where WN blows the legacies away is with their no change fee, no cancellation fee, and the friendly attitude of the employees. It's always been a pleasant experience with WN.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

bob75013
Topic Author

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:20 am

flyguy84 wrote:
Interesting with what they perceive as “value.” They are often the same price if not more expensive than legacy carriers and offer less. Free bags only get you so far.

Come back and tell us what happens on a legacy when you try to change flights -- how much is it that they charge? Southwest charges = $0

KentB27

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:26 am

I wouldn't even call WN a value airline anymore. They're often times not even the cheapest option anymore. They no longer hold the price advantage that they used to. A couple years back I flew on NK from MCI to LAS for $150 cheaper round trip than WN and that was after I upgraded to the big front seat (which WN doesn't have) and paid extra for a carry-on bag. Another time, my coworker booked a flight for him and I from MCI to DAL on WN. We could have flown on AA from MCI to DFW for about $80 less. I've noticed this happens a lot with Southwest fans. They just assume that Southwest is the cheapest option and don't even bother comparing their fares with anything else. You'd be surprised how often Southwest isn't actually the best deal. In my opinion if WN doesn't have the price advantage that they used to, and they still wont give me upgrades, an assigned seat, or join an alliance, then what's the point of even flying them anymore? WN usually doesn't get my business anymore when it's time to book a flight.

Also, "business select" on WN.....Hilarious. I can't think of a more laughable "premium" offering.
Last edited by KentB27 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

bob75013
Topic Author

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:28 am

F27500 wrote:

The 77,000 people who took the survey seem to disagree with you.

Ionosphere

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:37 am

bob75013 wrote:
F27500 wrote:

The 77,000 people who took the survey seem to disagree with you.

Those are probably the same people that assume Southwest is still the cheapest in any market. The only thing that really is still a value is the Rapid Rewards program.

EWRandMDW

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:47 am

KentB27 wrote:
I wouldn't even call WN a value airline anymore. They're often times not even the cheapest option anymore. They no longer hold the price advantage that they used to. A couple years back I flew on NK from MCI to LAS for $150 cheaper round trip than WN and that was after I upgraded to the big front seat (which WN doesn't have) and paid extra for a carry-on bag. Another time, my coworker booked a flight for him and I from MCI to DAL on WN. We could have flown on AA from MCI to DFW for about $80 less. I've noticed this happens a lot with Southwest fans. They just assume that Southwest is the cheapest option and don't even bother comparing their fares with anything else. You'd be surprised how often Southwest isn't actually the best deal. In my opinion if WN doesn't have the price advantage that they used to, and they still wont give me upgrades, an assigned seat, or join an alliance, then what's the point of even flying them anymore? WN usually doesn't get my business anymore when it's time to book a flight.

Also, "business select" on WN.....Hilarious. I can't think of a more laughable "premium" offering.

I live very near both O'Hare and Midway Airports, hubs to 3 large airlines (AA & UA @ ORD and WN @ MDW). After moving to Chicagoland from NJ I used to fly UA almost everywhere and AA if UA wasn't convenient. Then about 20 years ago I first flew from MDW on WN. What a revelation! The seats were comfortable, the crews seemed actually happy to be working the flight and they got me where I needed to go ON TIME.All without breaking the bank! Time marches on. WN's seats aren't quite as comfortable, but at least I don't have to pay extra to get a couple of inches more legroom and pay more for an aisle seat and pay more to check up to 2 bags if I'm travelling on vacation or business with overnight stays. WN's FARES may be comparable to UA's or AA's or DL's, but the COST of flying doesn't go up once fees are added in. So, I volunteer to be the 77,001st respondent to the poll and throw my hat into the ring by saying I think WN provides air service of great value.

neomax

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:54 am

Haven't flown WN in a very long time, but I respect them for being the only real P2P carrier in a country as large as the US. Actual product and inflight experience aside, just the fact that you can throw two darts at a map of the US and the fact that WN probably flies between them amazes me. Low fares is the icing on the cake.

scoping2008

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:01 am

"The company offers nonstop flights to Hawaii from California, which pits it against Southwest."

What about HA flights to Phoenix, Las Vegas, Portland, and Seattle? Another sloppy article printed by Yahoo!

AirCalSNA

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:34 am

bob75013 wrote:
flyguy84 wrote:

Come back and tell us what happens on a legacy when you try to change flights -- how much is it that they charge? Southwest charges = $0

I second that. The freedom to change my plans with no charge or hassle is the number one reason I choose Southwest when I can.

TransWorldOne

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:43 am

I also think something about the single-class cabin and general "equality" among passengers bodes well with people. I feel like many folks seem to resent the separate classes and the doting on the frequent fliers that we see at legacies.

SuseJ772

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:50 am

Their is no way Southwest is the “value” brand. It’s a fine airline. But in 2018 it is often significantly more expensive than DL/AA/UA

I fly them about half the time and DL the other half - just enough to barley miss out on status on both. All things being equal I prefer DL. But I rank non-stop and schedule above price and seat assignment and allegiance/status.
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

777PHX

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:00 am

Ionosphere wrote:

I've lived in two large WN cities(STL and PHX) and have never found them to be the cheapest. I rarely check bags flying domestically so that is of little value to me.

That being said, I'm probably more likely to try them now than ever if it makes financial sense. I'm not crazy about the the new "basic economy" shenanigans AA and UA are pulling.

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:02 am

SuseJ772 wrote:
Their is no way Southwest is the “value” brand. It’s a fine airline. But in 2018 it is often significantly more expensive than DL/AA/UA

Southwest is a value carrier for what you get.

I agree southwest is almost always more than other airlines but you get so much for that price.

All things included it's a value airline but it is often the most expensive these days since every other airline has gone spirit and it's a base fare and everything else is a la carte . Comparing a southwest fare to Delta or spirit or frontier is like apples and oranges comparison . Have a family need to make a flight change and the legacies become way more fast with their base fares.

SuseJ772

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:05 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
SuseJ772 wrote:

Southwest is a value carrier for what you get.

I agree southwest is almost always more than other airlines but you get so much for that price.

All things included it's a value airline but it is often the most expensive these days since every other airline has gone spirit and it's a base fare and everything else is a la carte . Comparing a southwest fare to Delta or spirit or frontier is like apples and oranges comparison . Have a family need to make a flight change and the legacies become way more fast with their base fares.

That is not how the survey defines value. Value = cheap. Or value = U/LCC.

If you apply your statement to the others in that category (Spirit, Allegiant, etc...) there is no way value = “all things included”
Currently at PIE, requesting FWA >> >>

gatibosgru

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:23 am

Can't really beat no bag/change/cancelation fee.
@DadCelo

fraspotter

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:15 am

Just booked my mom on a WN flight from RIC to DEN via ATL round trip for $210. UA was asking $400+. This has been a recurring theme with me and don't even get me started on JetBlue. I have NEVER found them as the cheapest option even when I'm flying to their major hubs. Southwest's lack of change fees (you just pay the fair difference) and 2 free bags are in a league of their own in today's UA aviation industry. And Earlybird checkin for $15 each way? Even with that WN still comes out cheaper. Flew F9 for the first time earlier this year between DCA and DEN and never again. F9 was actually more expensive than what WN was asking but I chose them because I just wanted to try them. Pay for bags and you dont get even a complementary drink? The value that WN offered in comparison was definitely showing during that flight.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

Jshank83

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 am

N776AU wrote:
I will say this for the cattle-call boarding, though. It does make lining up to board orderly, versus everyone just crowding the gate area and you have no idea who is getting on and who is just in the way.

I 100 percent agree with this. I never really got why people have a problem if Southwest's boarding. IMO, every airline should give you a numbered order. I like having a numbered order over the free for all it is on other airlines when a zone is called. 50 people all trying to fight for a place in line (on top of the later zoned people standing in the way) is always a mess. I don't know why people are in such a hurry to get on, your seat is assigned, but that argument is for a different day. Would I rather have an assigned seat? Of course, but as others stated if you get early bird, you almost always will get the an aisle or window if you want one. So other airlines IMO should do numbered boarding order with their assigned seats. That would be the best of both worlds.

flyguy84

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 am

777PHX wrote:
Ionosphere wrote:

I've lived in two large WN cities(STL and PHX) and have never found them to be the cheapest. I rarely check bags flying domestically so that is of little value to me.

That being said, I'm probably more likely to try them now than ever if it makes financial sense. I'm not crazy about the the new "basic economy" shenanigans AA and UA are pulling.

Nobody forces you to buy basic economy. It’s a choice.
SFO

Runway28L

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:16 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
WN would get more business from me if they installed power ports on their seats. The business case for it is weak since many of their flights are less than 3 hours long, but let's not forget the transcon flights...battery life can only last so long. In the meantime, the legacies are ahead if it means I can land at my final destination with a phone fully charged or a laptop that was able to stream/play a movie until it needed to be stowed away.

:checkmark:

This is probably the largest negative with WN in my opinion, which says something since I really don't have many bad things to say about them. It depends on what device is used, as well as the flight's stage length, but sometimes peoples' devices drain battery quickly. I can attest to this with my iPhone which luckily will cycle out of its plan at the end of the year.

If an airline isn't gonna offer AVOD (which WN likely ever won't) and instead offer streaming, then having ISP would immediately balance that out IMO.

I have no issue with the WN boarding system. I do like the option of picking my own seat. But I guess that's from always remaining in the A or B group for every flight I've taken on them. The crews and staff has always been great in my experience. The ETOPS B738 I flew on last year to TPA was very comfortable and the B73Gs, despite being a step below, aren't too bad either.

ctrabs0114

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:36 am

Cubsrule wrote:
F27500 wrote:

B6’s network sucks for pretty much everyone who does not live in Boston, New York, or South Florida.

THIS...
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA

DarkSnowyNight

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:25 am

Jetsgo wrote:
F27500 wrote:
No advance seat assignments

Because picking your own seat when you get on board is so hard.

F27500 wrote:
cattle car "get in numerical order" boarding

As opposed to the cluster known as zone boarding.

F27500 wrote:
no IFE

News to me.

F27500 wrote:
silly tacky acting crews

As opposed to the cold dinosaurs elsewhere.

F27500 wrote:
ugly livery

“I can’t fly them, their livery is ugly!” ...said no one ever.

F27500 wrote:

GTFOH :sarcastic:

You make decent points. But I have to say that I give the nod to JetBlue and then Alaska before Southwest.

I will say that there's nothing that WN does that I have a problem with. But living in southern CA, both B6 and AS are more than adequate for my needs.

In favor of WN, objectively, yes, their network is vastly superior to my two favorites. And it is also objectively true that they're better than any legacy. In fact, while they are more expensive (sometimes), that's only because the US3 actually have to compete with them. If WN weren't a thing they'd all be more pricey, so yeah, I agree that that's not a real thing.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

DarkSnowyNight

Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 am

Jetsgo wrote:
F27500 wrote:
No advance seat assignments

Because picking your own seat when you get on board is so hard.

F27500 wrote:
cattle car "get in numerical order" boarding

As opposed to the cluster known as zone boarding.

F27500 wrote:
no IFE

News to me.

F27500 wrote:
silly tacky acting crews

As opposed to the cold dinosaurs elsewhere.

F27500 wrote:
ugly livery

“I can’t fly them, their livery is ugly!” ...said no one ever.

F27500 wrote:

GTFOH :sarcastic:

You make decent points. But I have to say that I give the nod to JetBlue and then Alaska before Southwest.

I will say that there's nothing that WN does that I have a problem with. But living in southern CA, both B6 and AS are more than adequate for my needs.

In favor of WN, objectively, yes, their network is vastly superior to my two favorites. And it is also objectively true that they're better than any legacy. In fact, while they are more expensive (sometimes), that's only because the US3 actually have to compete with them. If WN weren't a thing they'd all be more pricey, so yeah, I agree that that's not a real thing.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

jetwet1

Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:02 am

caljn wrote:
But honestly, anything over 2 hours is brutal in those cramped confines.

WN has a better seat pitch than UA or AA

einsteinboricua wrote:

WN would get more business from me if they installed power ports on their seats. The business case for it is weak since many of their flights are less than 3 hours long, but let's not forget the transcon flights...battery life can only last so long.

That I will agree with, though I always have my battery brick with me, power ports would make life easier for most.

From a business persons POV, where WN really shines is when plans go down the tubes, no no change fee helps out a lot, especially for small businesses.

LupineChemist

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:10 am

Since I am a frequent flyer, legacies are far better for me. I get the free checked bags and change fees on AA. Then I also get Main Cabin Extra seats assigned in advance, priority check in desks, lounges, etc...

My company probably spends $25k-30k per year on airfare for me and that's in economy. There's a reason the legacies chase people like me.

Chemist

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 am

I don't understand the complaints about power ports. You can pay $20-$40 at Amazon and get a nice large powerpak and there you go. The cost of one round-trip checked bag at the legacies.
Also the WN Rapid Rewards program has no blackout dates and all seats are eligible. I can actually use my points to get a flight I want, rather than the games from the legacies.

ScottB

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:27 pm

KentB27 wrote:
You'd be surprised how often Southwest isn't actually the best deal. In my opinion if WN doesn't have the price advantage that they used to, and they still wont give me upgrades, an assigned seat, or join an alliance, then what's the point of even flying them anymore? WN usually doesn't get my business anymore when it's time to book a flight.

The low fares on the legacies which you claim WN rarely beats just don't exist in markets where WN or the other LCCs/ULCCs don't fly. AA's average DFW-TUL fare is $165 (and higher than WN's $150 for DAL-TUL). AA's average DFW-XNA fare is $261. DL's average ATL-MSY fare is $169 (WN averages $126). DL's average ATL-BTR fare is $257. DL's walk-up fare for ATL-BNA is $470 right now. You can bet that will drop to $161 (WN's refundable fare) on August 9.

Long-term, the legacies' efforts to monetize first class mean that upgrades will be few and far between unless you're spending tens of thousands of dollars on airfares annually. Assigned seats can be bad seats, and for most passengers, the legacies charge extra for the ones which aren't bad. And if the vast majority of your travel is domestic, an alliance is pretty useless.

MIflyer12

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:52 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
From a business persons POV, where WN really shines is when plans go down the tubes, no no change fee helps out a lot, especially for small businesses.

That depends very much on the routes one is flying. In some markets WN has great frequency. Pick other airport pairs and WN has very few connections. The lack of true hubs doesn't help that. If you're in STL and the only other flight of the day to your destination is out of MDW, you're double-connecting.

EvanWSFO

Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Ionosphere wrote:

Depends on the dates and destinations. In my travels I've seen slightly lower fares on the Big 3, but not enough to take away the overall pleasant experience of flying WN rather that the others. Sometimes it's worth more to NOT be on the big guys, especially AA and UA.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

frmrCapCadet

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:19 pm

And when things go amiss WN is generally pro-active in putting you on the next plane going to your destination. At their gates people are called and re-routed even before they know there needs to be a change. As opposed to legacy where you go to your boarding gate and told 'no deal', often impolitely. Then you spend the next 30 minutes to an hour figuring out how to get a transfer. Or there is no room for your small carryon, and the FAs refuse to gate check it. (another passenger took pity on me, and put it in her foot space.

WN does not promise all that much, but one can almost always count on them to deliver what they promise. (yes, they do goof up on occasion, but not often).
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

einsteinboricua

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:55 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
That I will agree with, though I always have my battery brick with me, power ports would make life easier for most.

I ended up buying a power brick for my phone. It's bad enough that power outlets at the airport are swamped, but by the time I board the aircraft my phone is probably already down to 60% or so (assuming there have been no delays). That is my happy medium for now.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

OA940

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 pm

Well of course they are considering the racism in who can book tickets on them...
A350/CSeries = bae

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos