pabloeing
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am

qf789 wrote:
VietJet MOU on 100 737MAX including 8 and 10 variants

https://twitter.com/rleiro/status/1019532565676478464

Awesome show for boeing
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:15 am

Press Release for the VietJet MoU:

80x 737 MAX 10 + 20x 737 MAX 8

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-18- ... -Airplanes
 
SQ317
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:16 am

Momo1435 wrote:
Press Release for the VietJet MoU:

80x 737 MAX 10 + 20x 737 MAX 8

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-18- ... -Airplanes


I imagine the 8s are in fact MAX 200s along with the 100 MAX 200s VietJet have previously ordered - described in this press release as '100 high-capacity 737 MAX 8 airplanes'
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 am

SQ317 wrote:
I imagine the 8s are in fact MAX 200s along with the 100 MAX 200s VietJet have previously ordered - described in this press release as '100 high-capacity 737 MAX 8 airplanes'


It's indeed the version that used to be known as the MAX 200, but is now marketed by Boeing as high-capacity 737 MAX 8.
 
Planeyguy
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:12 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am

So does Vietjet now have 200 737 on order?
 
User avatar
817Dreamliiner
Posts: 3520
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:42 am

Planeyguy wrote:
So does Vietjet now have 200 737 on order?

Once this order is finalised, yes they will have 200 on order.
I'll wake from the dream, To keep and relive, Now life it is a dream, And dream's on a... BREAK!
 
travelhound
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm

It is interesting to see the High Capacity 737MAX(200) starting to gain more orders.

There are some very unique economics that sit behind this aircraft, so I wonder if the momentum behind this latest order will carry over with other carriers.

Who could be next on the list?
 
behramjee
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Why is Vietjet ordering so many Boeing’s when they have similar aircraft size of the Airbus family already in their fleet?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 8604
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 pm

behramjee wrote:
Why is Vietjet ordering so many Boeing’s when they have similar aircraft size of the Airbus family already in their fleet?


It could be down to availability or cost of the airframes
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2613
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Wow, the 737-10 is really proving to be more popular than the -9. GOL and VietJet signing up for thr aircraft and TUI says they will most likely order more.
Last edited by ikolkyo on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
iceberg210
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
Wow the 737-10 is really proving to be more popular than the -9. GOL and VietJet signing up for thr aircraft and TUI says they will most likely order more.

Yeah the 10 is really catching on, with the orders from the Airshow I show it at 508 identified orders, just passing the 900ER at 505 orders, and outpacing the 9 (which I think was pretty inevitable once the 10 launched) at 159 orders.

Lots more backlog for the 737. Seems like for NB's you can pretty much produce as fast as you can and you'll always end up with a line for them :P
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Good showing for Boeing!! There aren't any B737 operator now in Vietnam. This order will tilt the scale, with Boeing providing techical training sand conversion support.

I don't find it not surprising Vietjet goes for MAX since they converted their entire A320neo order to A321neo earlier this year.

With this new order once firmed, they will have:
- 73 A321neo
- 120 B737MAX 8-200s and 80 B737MAX 10
Last edited by juliuswong on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:11 pm

juliuswong wrote:
I don't find it not surprising Vietjet goes for MAX since they converted their entire A320neo order to A321neo earlier this year.


I don't understand. Personally, I'm surprised at least Vietjet goes with the MAX 10...I could understand that statement if the orders were all high capacity MAX 8s.
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 26305
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:23 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
I don't understand. Personally, I'm surprised at least Vietjet goes with the MAX 10...I could understand that statement if the orders were all high capacity MAX 8s.


The MAX-10 might have better economics for them on shorter runs whereas the A321 may pencil out better on longer missions and more challenging airfields (runway length and climb performance for terrain clearance).
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Stitch wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
I don't understand. Personally, I'm surprised at least Vietjet goes with the MAX 10...I could understand that statement if the orders were all high capacity MAX 8s.


The MAX-10 might have better economics for them on shorter runs whereas the A321 may pencil out better on longer missions and more challenging airfields (runway length and climb performance for terrain clearance).


Good point! But, I still don't understand why the conversion to A321neos make a MAX likely.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8498
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Delivery dates.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 8604
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Boeing says 4 unnamed customers have signed commitments for 93 737MAX including one carrier committing to 40 high capacity 737MAX8

https://twitter.com/RoutesEditor/status ... 1151698945
Forum Moderator
 
george77300
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:05 pm

qf789 wrote:
Boeing says 4 unnamed customers have signed commitments for 93 737MAX including one carrier committing to 40 high capacity 737MAX8

https://twitter.com/RoutesEditor/status ... 1151698945


Well at least one new operator for the MAX 200. After Ryanair and VietJet. I wonder who that is and what the split between the 4 customers will be. Seems odd they didn't announce the 4 separately too unless the 4 carriers are linked in group or something?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 8604
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Boeing Press Release on 93 737MAX, all 93 are for 737MAX8 aircraft

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-18- ... -Airplanes
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3422
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:25 pm

george77300 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Boeing says 4 unnamed customers have signed commitments for 93 737MAX including one carrier committing to 40 high capacity 737MAX8

https://twitter.com/RoutesEditor/status ... 1151698945


Well at least one new operator for the MAX 200. After Ryanair and VietJet. I wonder who that is and what the split between the 4 customers will be. Seems odd they didn't announce the 4 separately too unless the 4 carriers are linked in group or something?

The Boeing press release doesn't indicate that these are necessarily new customers, just they are from the airline and leasing businesses. Maybe one of the customers is Ryanair ordering additional Max 200's - although it's not MOL's style to be silent about these things
 
george77300
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:33 pm

ER757 wrote:
george77300 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Boeing says 4 unnamed customers have signed commitments for 93 737MAX including one carrier committing to 40 high capacity 737MAX8

https://twitter.com/RoutesEditor/status ... 1151698945


Well at least one new operator for the MAX 200. After Ryanair and VietJet. I wonder who that is and what the split between the 4 customers will be. Seems odd they didn't announce the 4 separately too unless the 4 carriers are linked in group or something?

The Boeing press release doesn't indicate that these are necessarily new customers, just they are from the airline and leasing businesses. Maybe one of the customers is Ryanair ordering additional Max 200's - although it's not MOL's style to be silent about these things


Ryanair ordered a top up this year and is never shy about announcing orders and Vietjet ordered a huge top up yesterday. I'd be willing to bet almost guaranteed to be at least one new MAX 200 operator.
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Day 3 orders:

VietJet: 80x 737 MAX 10 + 20x 737 MAX 8 (MoU)
4 Undisclosed customers: 93x 737 MAX 8 (commitment)
 
bzcat
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 pm

george77300 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Boeing says 4 unnamed customers have signed commitments for 93 737MAX including one carrier committing to 40 high capacity 737MAX8

https://twitter.com/RoutesEditor/status ... 1151698945


Well at least one new operator for the MAX 200. After Ryanair and VietJet. I wonder who that is and what the split between the 4 customers will be. Seems odd they didn't announce the 4 separately too unless the 4 carriers are linked in group or something?


Probably Chinese airlines, which have to order thru a Govt agency. These orders are usually announced as unidentified.
 
travaz
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:27 am

Please correct me if I am wrong but would Thursday be the last day that they announce orders or is Friday a big day for orders also?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 8604
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:33 am

travaz wrote:
Please correct me if I am wrong but would Thursday be the last day that they announce orders or is Friday a big day for orders also?


Boeing has its wrap up press conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon IIRC
Forum Moderator
 
travaz
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:39 am

qf789 wrote:
travaz wrote:
Please correct me if I am wrong but would Thursday be the last day that they announce orders or is Friday a big day for orders also?


Boeing has its wrap up press conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon IIRC


Thanks for the info and a great thread!
 
Oykie
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:38 am

Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 am

Oykie wrote:

Another commitment for an unidentified customer. Like it or not, it does seem that it has become the standard for airshows from now on.

Nevertheless this invitation a very strong airshow for Boeing. Especially considering that the current announcements are missing pretty much all the orders that people were expecting coming into the show.
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

Momo1435 wrote:
Oykie wrote:

Another commitment for an unidentified customer. Like it or not, it does seem that it has become the standard for airshows from now on.

Nevertheless this invitation a very strong airshow for Boeing. Especially considering that the current announcements are missing pretty much all the orders that people were expecting coming into the show.


They also announced quite a few notable orders in the months before the air show, which makes their showing even more impressive. Bamboo, Jet Airways, American, Hawaiian, Ryanair, Lion Air, FedEx to name a few just since March.
 
Eyad89
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 am

whatever happened to the rumored to the Saudia 77X order?
 
moa999
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 am

The VietJet order is crazy for a newish airline that currently only has 55 jets and has been growing quickly.

Pits some pressure on Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific (70/30 JV Vietnam/Qantas) I suspect.

All the UFO orders are interesting. China or a private lessor makes most sense, as any airline that's listed would have to announce something.
 
imthedreamliner
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am

Commitment for an undisclosed customer ? What is the use of making such an announcement ? It means nothing, there is no information in it. Airbus ia doing the same. It is not possible to track the fate of the MOU ( or LOI or whatever it is ) . Just to keep the announcement numbers high
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 am

travelhound wrote:
An order is an order. I know this might sound moot, but the legalities of a UFO order are just as sound as ones where the airline is announced.

I think we have to understand, even though the air show has a component of bragging rights to it, the realities are there are laws that govern how orders are classified and ultimately booked.

I would be worried if we had an Enron type scenario where incomes were being exaggerated through inter-company transactions.

I don't see this happening here!

Good news for Boeing!

The issue is not so much with the UFO firm orders, it's with the unidentified MoUs, Commitments and LoIs, that will not yet be firm UFO orders.

The issue is that it's going to be impossible to keep track of these deals because when they are firmed up there will most likely no clarification by either Airbus or Boeing that this was announced as an unidentified MoU at one of the shows. They only do that when an actual firm UFO order is identified.
 
travelhound
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 am

Case in point. The Fairbridge cargo orders has been rehashed multiple times during air shows.

Still Boring would have regulatory responsibilities in announcing the MOU's, etc.
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am

moa999 wrote:
The VietJet order is crazy for a newish airline that currently only has 55 jets and has been growing quickly.

Pits some pressure on Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific (70/30 JV Vietnam/Qantas) I suspect.

All the UFO orders are interesting. China or a private lessor makes most sense, as any airline that's listed would have to announce something.

To add to the madness, they just placed an order for another 50 A321neo. 200 737MAX and 123 A321neo.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 8604
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:18 am

Hawaiian and Boeing have finalised the 787 order, 10 firm plus 10 options

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-19- ... reamliners
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
piedmontf284000
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

qf789 wrote:
Hawaiian and Boeing have finalised the 787 order, 10 firm plus 10 options

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-19- ... reamliners


Any idea when their EIS will be?

Seems likely that the 789 will be used for their longer trans-pacific routes, while the A332 will be used for routes closer to home, like GUM, PPT, PPG, and Mainland destinations.
 
User avatar
Mortyman
Posts: 5685
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 am

moa999 wrote:
The VietJet order is crazy for a newish airline that currently only has 55 jets and has been growing quickly.

Pits some pressure on Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific (70/30 JV Vietnam/Qantas) I suspect.

All the UFO orders are interesting. China or a private lessor makes most sense, as any airline that's listed would have to announce something.



Well, Norwegian was a fairly unkonwn airline around the world some years back and ordered 100 Boeing 737 max and 100 Airbus 320neo in one day some years back.
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:49 am

piedmontf284000 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Hawaiian and Boeing have finalised the 787 order, 10 firm plus 10 options

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-19- ... reamliners


Any idea when their EIS will be?

Seems likely that the 789 will be used for their longer trans-pacific routes, while the A332 will be used for routes closer to home, like GUM, PPT, PPG, and Mainland destinations.

That should be Q1 2021, based on the reports on the MoU announcement back in March.
 
User avatar
piedmontf284000
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 am

trijetsonly wrote:
Oykie wrote:
Momo1435 wrote:
Another commitment for an unidentified customer. Like it or not, it does seem that it has become the standard for airshows from now on.

Nevertheless this invitation a very strong airshow for Boeing. Especially considering that the current announcements are missing pretty much all the orders that people were expecting coming into the show.


According to Bloomberg, the story today is that because of the ongoing looming trade wars, airlines are afraid to get caught in a dispute between governments and therefore most are silent about naming airlines at this show. If that is true, I hope this Airshow will be a one off without airlines names attached to orders.


This is a good one.

Just imagine an European flag carrier like Lufthansa, Air France or Iberia to order 100 Boeing 737 instead of (or as a top up to) Airbus A320.
Media here in Western Europe will go crazy about that "Trump support" and "Assassination of the own economy".

It's just not clever for an European (or maybe also Chinese) airline to announce a big Boeing order these days where you can't turn on the TV without seeing storys about how stupid that Trump guy is and that one should not make businesses with US companies.
Even though they need the new planes and it isn't stupid to buy Boeings.

Just my two cents


So if that's the case, what's Airbus' excuse for all the UFO's that they have accumulated at this airshow?
 
pabloeing
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:35 am

15 B787-9 more for 2 costumers
 
dennys
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue May 08, 2001 11:19 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:38 am

Still no more 747-8i pax , very des appointing .....
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 am

dennys wrote:
Still no more 747-8i pax , very des appointing .....

I am not sure it's on offer any more. It'd be top-ups only, IMO. I can't conceive of a new carrier buying any.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 8604
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:00 am

pabloeing wrote:
15 B787-9 more for 2 costumers


One is a new customer while the other is adding to an existing order, once these deals are finalised the 787 will surpass 1400 frames sold

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-19- ... reamliners
Forum Moderator
 
imthedreamliner
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:14 am

Huge day 4 activity at both Boeing and Airbus. Hasnt been that way recent years.
 
Flyglobal
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:25 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am

qf789 wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
15 B787-9 more for 2 costumers


One is a new customer while the other is adding to an existing order, once these deals are finalised the 787 will surpass 1400 frames sold

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-19- ... reamliners


So accounting block update is coming - I assume.

Congratulations to Boeing.


Flyglobal
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:02 pm

It's now about an hour before the Closing Press Conference starts. I wonder if they will announce another order, I don't think they will end it with an unidentified MoU for a couple of 787s.
 
User avatar
MrBren
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:44 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 pm

 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9347
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:14 pm

dennys wrote:
Still no more 747-8i pax , very des appointing .....

Boeing has given up up actively trying to sell the 748i. You will probably never see one built again.
 
Flyglobal
Posts: 540
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:25 am

Re: Farnborough Air Show 2018 - Boeing Order Thread

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Polot wrote:
dennys wrote:
Still no more 747-8i pax , very des appointing .....

Boeing has given up up actively trying to sell the 748i. You will probably never see one built again.


Didn't the POTUS just sign an order with Boeing for 2 presidential Aircraft?

Boeing should add it as a reconfirmed order.

Flyglobal

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos