Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RainerBoeing777
Topic Author

EVA Air (BR) new expectations

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Eva Air has outstanding deliveries of 20 Boeing 787-10 and 4 Boeing 787-9, many Boeing 777-300ER account, what will be your next expansion?

With the arrival of the new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners will be used for their expansion in the Australia-Pacific region, one of the first routes will be used in Brisbane (BNE) and potential routes would be to return to Auckland (Star Alliance's HUB Fort), Sydney and Honolulu

The Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner will be used for the domestic market and medium range, possibly replace some B77W that do these routes like Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, there is also a possibility of new routes like Mumbai (BOM) ) and Delhi (DEL)

In North America I think it is a good option to return to Newark (EWR) many Star Alliance airlines prefer EWR before JFK, many Taiwanese travel to Newark from airlines such as Cathay Pacific or Unites, apart from EWR is a strong Star Alliance HUB for many connections , another candidate is Washington DC and Boston and many Asian airlines are expanding in these cities would be serious idea that EVA Air will fly to some of these two cities

In Europe, EVA Air, as a hub for Bangkok Connection (BKK), could help to expand to Munich (MUC), Barcelona (BCN), Zurich (ZRH), Milan (MXP), after the events that occurred in Turkey It would be good to return to Istanbul (IST) it may be that EVA Air returns when it opens the new airport in Istanbul

What are your expectations for EVA Air? I also see a next order from Boeing 777X to replace your Boeing 777-300ER

By the way, has anyone seen the EVA Air Boeing 787-9 leaving the plant in Seattle? will someone have a picture out there?
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG - UA

oskarclare

Re: EVA Air (BR) new expectations

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:45 am

Looking forward to BR 789's in BNE and hopefully increasing to daily.

Bluebird191

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:51 am

oskarclare wrote:

Is it definite for BR to be flying their 789’s here? Had been thinking the 787-10 was the better option

LAXdude1023

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:04 am

They should definitely consider IAD. Large market and Star hub.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

legacyins

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:06 am

Bluebird191 wrote:
oskarclare wrote:

Is it definite for BR to be flying their 789’s here? Had been thinking the 787-10 was the better option

According to this link, they did order the 787-10.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/custom ... chase.page

planemanofnz

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:10 am

I could see AKL happen in a JV with NZ - NZ would offer 3x weekly flights, year-round, while BR would come in and offer an additional 3x weekly flights, for the peak NW season. This would be similar to NZ's SQ or UA alliances, whereby SQ and UA provide additional peak NW season capacity, to supplement NZ's base schedule.

Cheers,

C.

frank1991

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:37 pm

I think they would also expand frequency to south east asia destinations, maybe like Jakarta, KL etc, or upgauge Hanoi, Phonm Penh.

I would like to see them starting SJC with their 787 too..

bzcat

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:31 pm

787-9 plan is unclear. With only 4x frame ordered, BR can't really do much with it. I think it will end up flying TPE-VIE-TPE-BNE-TPE rotation. Maybe also add SYD and non-stop TPE-AMS (so TPE-AMS-TPE-SYD-TPE rotation) if it is less than daily. But that's about it. In fact, I think the 4x 787-9 is basically going to be a lease swap... GEACS will take back 4x 77W for each 787-9 BR takes.

If Taiwanese Govt can renegotiate bilateral air agreement with Germany, France, UK, and Canada, then I can see more 787-9 orders and more non-stop flights to Europe and more frequency to Canada (down-gauge from 77W and go double daily on TPE-YVR for example). BR has been talking about launching Spain as well but not sure the status of air rights. There is also an unused air right for Switzerland and I believe there is unused frequency for Italy (CI is operating only 3x weekly to Milan so BR can launch Rome)

787-10 will come on later and will probably end up on Australia routes and high demand regional trunk routes - i.e. TPE-PVG, TPE-PEK, TPE-HKG, TPE-NRT etc.

Basically, BR's growth is going to be constrained by Taiwan's limited air rights. I believe this is correct as of 2018...

Open Sky (no restriction whatsoever including beyond rights): US, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand
Lots of open frequencies and beyond rights: Thailand, UAE
Lots of open frequencies: Korea, other ASEAN countries, Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland
Some frequencies available: India (has beyond rights), Italy
Frequencies fully allocated (no new service possible unless CI drops out): UK, Germany, France, Canada
Frequencies fully allocated but has provision for raising caps periodically: Hong Kong, China
Status not clear: Spain

So as you can see, not much option to deploy 787-9 on long haul unless they want to down-gauge from 77W but then you got to figure out how to use the 77W that are owned.

AirFiero

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:39 pm

frank1991 wrote:
I think they would also expand frequency to south east asia destinations, maybe like Jakarta, KL etc, or upgauge Hanoi, Phonm Penh.

I would like to see them starting SJC with their 787 too..

Someone here on a.net reported that a carrier was enthusiastic about starting SJC-TPE when they received their 787s. Maybe this is the carrier?

tomcat

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Where does Starlux come into this picture? They've just ordered 17 long haul aircraft, BR cannot just ignore it, especially if:

bzcat wrote:
BR's growth is going to be constrained by Taiwan's limited air rights. I believe this is correct as of 2018...

Granted, the open sky agreements with the USA and some other countries provide ample space to grow, but is there a market worth the investment for BR? It is my understanding that the mainland Chinese airlines are flooding the China-USA market with plenty of new capacity and they offer cheap options from the USA to SE Asia. Then there are all the low cost airlines accross SE Asia. It seems that BR will first have to defend its market share in the years to come before considering new expectations. Unless CI is on the way out of the market, but still, this would only provide short term relief in an otherwise more and more competitive market.

flyingclrs727

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 pm

tomcat wrote:
Where does Starlux come into this picture? They've just ordered 17 long haul aircraft, BR cannot just ignore it, especially if:

bzcat wrote:
BR's growth is going to be constrained by Taiwan's limited air rights. I believe this is correct as of 2018...

Granted, the open sky agreements with the USA and some other countries provide ample space to grow, but is there a market worth the investment for BR? It is my understanding that the mainland Chinese airlines are flooding the China-USA market with plenty of new capacity and they offer cheap options from the USA to SE Asia. Then there are all the low cost airlines accross SE Asia. It seems that BR will first have to defend its market share in the years to come before considering new expectations. Unless CI is on the way out of the market, but still, this would only provide short term relief in an otherwise more and more competitive market.

Do you really want to fly a 13-14 hour flight on a 10 abreast 77W?

Philippine747

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 am

Once the 787-10s come online, BR can shift the 77Ws from some high-yielding regional routes like MNL, SIN, HKG, BKK, and NRT. They can then reallocate the 77Ws for future long haul capacity expansion. On the other hand, the 787-9s can be used for future expansion into long and thin routes, or for routes where the A330s don't have enough range. PTY relaunch anyone? ;)

LAXdude1023 wrote:
They should definitely consider IAD. Large market and Star hub.

It would be a great addition to its portfolio of North America flights. EVA Air has a good reputation for connections to the US, and there would definitely be a market for those flights.
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE BR

817Dreamliiner

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:32 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
By the way, has anyone seen the EVA Air Boeing 787-9 leaving the plant in Seattle? will someone have a picture out there?

Its not at Seattle (or Everett). Its currently at Charleston. There's a not so great picture in the 787 thread.

See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382487&start=650#p20578815
Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

a19901213

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 am

Any idea when will the first 787-9 be delivered to BR?

kaitak

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:28 am

Well, the first one is out in the open at CHS, painted, so I would assume that the first delivery will be within 4-6 weeks, mid August to early Sept.

hayzel777

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:46 am

a19901213 wrote:
Any idea when will the first 787-9 be delivered to BR?

Sometime next month. Aircraft has been on the flightline for quite awhile as EGAT and EGAS(mx and ground handling of BR) get their initial training in from Boeing. Aircraft was supposed to be delivered on 7/27, but that clearly isn't happening. Once it starts flight testing, it'll probably be around 2-3 weeks. Once aircraft has arrived in TPE, it will be pulled into the hangar, safety equipment/stickers installed, additional training, before it makes its way onto non rev crew familiarization tests up and down the island of Taiwan(TPE-KHH and back etc.) before entering additional scheduled crew training flights to Hanoi, HKG, OKA, KIX etc. and then will enter longhaul service to BNE in or around October.

bunumuring

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Hey guys,
I am a little surprised that Eva hasn't started Sydney flights. Maybe with the Dreamliner they will have the right aircraft to make the route successful. China Airlines seems to be doing well : close friends used them to fly to Europe for a family holiday from Sydney over the past fortnight and they reported full flights on every leg (and very good service : 'Better than Emirates when we last flew to Europe 2 years ago')
Cheers
Bunumuring
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

frank1991

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:27 am

I think SYD is definitely on their radar, 787 should be the right aircraft for them. We should see some more Europe destinations coming too, the management has been hinting on them..

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos