gabo787
Topic Author

Woman pees on floor of Wizz plane.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:20 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6842956/s ... s-engaged/

She wasn't allowed to use the toilets as the plane was refueling so she peed on the floor in one of the galleys. I wonder why people don't go to the loo before boarding.

stratocruiser

Re: Woman pees on floor of Wizz plane.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm

She had a whizz on a Wizz!

slinky09

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Cue the jokes ...wizzing for those not familiar is slang for peeing!

enilria

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:39 pm

stratocruiser wrote:

“Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes...”, Commander Buck Murdock, Airplane 2.
Last edited by enilria on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jupiter2

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:45 pm

What do you expect when you name an airline Wizz ?

Bricktop

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Welll, duh!

A blonde with a dye job.

vhtje

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:35 pm

That is not acceptable behaviour under any circumstances. It is tempting to draw conclusions about her character based on her actions and appearance in the video, but I will resist doing so.

If she really had to use the lavatory, then she really did. What is the danger of pax using the lavatory during refuelling? I suppose the danger is that if there is a fuel leakage and resulting fire, the aircraft would need to be evacuated quickly; a pax being in the lavatory would both put that pax in danger as well as compromise the rapid evacuation of the aircraft.

If the door was still open (it looks open in the video with the amount of light streaming into the galley) would it have been sensible for the crew to have sent her back to the terminal to use the lavatory there? I suppose the danger there is that she would go missing and thus delay the flight.
Last edited by vhtje on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

JannEejit

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

gabo787 wrote:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6842956/shocking-moment-female-passenger-wees-on-the-floor-of-a-wizz-air-flight-from-britain-to-poland-because-the-toilet-was-engaged/

I wonder why people don't go to the loo before boarding.

According to the article she was detained upon landing at Luton as an unruly passenger. Presumably this was an attempt to get kicked off the aircraft and away from police intervention ? Did she actually pee or just make like she was going too ?

fraspotter

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:03 pm

I didn't even have to open this thread to know the jokes that would be made. BTW I seem to remember a story on here years back about a person who did this same thing on a flight (I want to say somewhere in South America but I'm not sure). This person was a farmer from an extremely remote area who had never flown before and reportedly did "#2" in the aisle of the aircraft.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

NZ321

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:34 pm

If it were diahorea it might be different...
Plane mad!

sturmovik

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Sometimes the jokes just write themselves..
'What's it doing now?'

oldannyboy

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Oh wow. Flying hits a new low.
Sad.

skipness1E

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:16 pm

You can't use the bathroom during refuelling? I didn't know that

Armodeen

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:29 pm

I am not at all surprised. I am a paramedic and I've had a number of people relieve themselves in the ambulance, and not just urine! Alcohol is usually involved, and they are usually (but not always) younger rather than older (those that do it willfully and deliberately). Part of this I believe is to do with the entitlement people feel today, they don't like to wait for anything, even when things are out of their control. They don't like to be told no.

Now what I don't understand is having read the article is that this appears to have happened after arrival. The other passengers have apparently disembarked and the door to the flight deck is open. I fail to understand how this happened after arrival - surely it must be a departing passenger who has boarded during refueling (as is common on LCCs).

stratosphere

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Can just imagine what goes on during a SCAT airlines flight

Super80Fan

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm

While peeing on the floor is never acceptable, at least this would've made sense if they were inflight. Based on this video, it seems like it's after arrival/during boarding. If it was during boarding, she could've either waited until after they refueled or back in the terminal. If it was after arrival she could've just waited until she got into the terminal.

This leads me to the conclusion she was either drunk, stupid, entitled, or all three.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

FlyHappy

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:36 pm

vhtje wrote:
That is not acceptable behaviour under any circumstances.

by whom? pax or crew?

vhtje wrote:
If she really had to use the lavatory, then she really did.

I thinks its self evident that she really did, no? Aside from pax with a self-inflicted condition (ie, inebriated), I'm hard pressed to imagine any circumstance that a person isn't choosing the least worst option put into that situation.
I hate the "blame the passenger" mentality internet forums like this; witness the recent thread on the Russian pax with the necrosis.

vhtje wrote:
What is the danger of pax using the lavatory during refuelling? I suppose the danger is that if there is a fuel leakage and resulting fire, the aircraft would need to be evacuated quickly; a pax being in the lavatory would both put that pax in danger as well as compromise the rapid evacuation of the aircraft.

that's absurd. if refueling is too danger to be in the loo, its too dangerous for passengers to be aboard at all. If there is such a regulation, it suffers from lack of common sense.

I'm not picking a fight with you, at least you given this some thought, as opposed to the throwaway one-liners by others.
Airlines, all of them, really need to start treating their passengers with more understanding.

yowza

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:36 pm

CAN YOU PLEASE MARK THE LINK AS NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

Ryga

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:02 pm

skipness1E wrote:
You can't use the bathroom during refuelling? I didn't know that

As crew myself, passengers are allowed to use the toilet during all phases of the flight (obviously not take off and landing)...

So I find this strange and have never heard of an airline that does this.

vhtje

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:07 pm

FlyHappy wrote:

that's absurd. if refueling is too danger to be in the loo, its too dangerous for passengers to be aboard at all. If there is such a regulation, it suffers from lack of common sense.

I'm not picking a fight with you, at least you given this some thought, as opposed to the throwaway one-liners by others.

I do not think it is absurd. I did think about it, it is the only reason I can think why there would be regulations that prevent passengers from using the loo during refuelling. It is the same reason passengers are told to not fasten seatbelts during refuelling: in case there needs to be a rapid evacuation of the aircraft. We all know fires can spread rapidly, particularly on aircraft being loaded with explosive fuel. If someone is caught in the loo seconds can be lost as they "finish", and those precious few seconds could be the difference between survival and death. Or, worse, the passenger opens the loo door and in doing so injures an escaping passenger or blocks the exit for other escaping passengers.

Assuming I am correct, the reasoning is, I think, far from absurd.

Have you ever participated in an aircraft evacuation? I have - admittedly not a 'real' evacuation, rather, it was an evacuation on a dummy/training mock up aircraft. But it felt very real and it happened very, very quickly. Let's just say that I was out of my seat and off the aircraft faster than I can pull up my trousers and wash my hands.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

Gonzalo

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Oh boy, moderators should create a whole new forum category, “Nasty Civil Aviation” could be a good name. In the last few weeks we already have threads about people throwing the breakfast out due to the neighbors body odor problem, about bedbugs infestations on board and now this one about using the galleys as a toilette.
It’s becoming a disgusting tendency.

Rgds.
G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600

a350lover

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:15 pm

I wish I could see the joke out of this. Terrible behavior which is just an example of what cabin crews are exposed to on a daily basis.
Education can't be low cost, and some people these days are just insufferable.

trnswrld

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Only in Europe.

BoeingGuy

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:40 pm

stratocruiser wrote:

As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew it would take about a Nano-Second for someone to make a joke about the irony of the airline name for this event.

As far as the comment why don't you Wizz before boarding the airplane, I can answer that. I've had the same issue. I use it right before boarding. However, depending on time of day I usually have a big coffee or a big beer while waiting for my flight to board. So not uncommon to board the flight and have to Wizz Air again.

Aptivaboy

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:50 pm

What was her seat number? #1 or #2?

pdp

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
While peeing on the floor is never acceptable, at least this would've made sense if they were inflight. Based on this video, it seems like it's after arrival/during boarding. If it was during boarding, she could've either waited until after they refueled or back in the terminal. If it was after arrival she could've just waited until she got into the terminal.

This leads me to the conclusion she was either drunk, stupid, entitled, or all three.

Luton doesn't have any jet bridges, all are stairs with some remote stands (although I haven't seen W6 use these).

I've recently experienced a delay due to late refuelling at Luton, again on a W6 flight! Everyone had boarded the aircraft by the time that the fuel lorry actually showed up, so having fuelled a full A321 on a 900-1000nm sector we lost our departure slot and had to wait for another 40(!) minutes. It seems the new ramp contractor that they use isn't as efficient as the previous one. :(

asgard17

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:05 pm

I sort feel for the woman. I definitely try to use the facilities at the airport before boarding. I'm a big guy with a little bladder. It's not a good mix for air travel. Anyway, she might have felt like she physically couldn't hold it anymore. Damage can be done to internal organs from holding in urine too long. Her shame is probably punishment enough. I guess pee pee is better than poo poo.

thaiflyer

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Have you ever participated in an aircraft evacuation? I have - admittedly not a 'real' evacuation, rather, it was an evacuation on a dummy/training mock up aircraft. But it felt very real and it happened very, very quickly. Let's just say that I was out of my seat and off the aircraft faster than I can pull up my trousers and wash my hands.

If you participated in a plane a evacuation you should now that the A320/321 toilet door does not interfere with the evacuation of the plane passengers.
The only person who could be hindered by this is the flight deck crew as the door opens into the hallway from the cabin to the flight deck.

LovePrunesAnet

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:11 pm

yowza wrote:
CAN YOU PLEASE MARK THE LINK AS NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

you clicked on a properly titled post about a woman urinating on an airplane, and now you're surprised that it's not safe for work?

Blankbarcode

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm certain that, depending on the circumstances of course, many others would have done the same in an emergency. We are talking about serious internal injury if you hold it in for too long, so I feel like denying her the exception to use the restroom was downright stupid. She seemed aware of her situation, and just went back to the basic human need of relieving herself. If she's going to do it, might as well do it away from passengers instead of the added embarrassment and discomfort of having an accident in your seat.

There was going to be embarrassment anyway, she was doomed regardless of what she did.

Unless I'm totally crazy and not seeing something here, I don't understand the hate towards the woman.

JannEejit

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:14 pm

asgard17 wrote:
I sort feel for the woman. I definitely try to use the facilities at the airport before boarding. I'm a big guy with a little bladder. It's not a good mix for air travel. Anyway, she might have felt like she physically couldn't hold it anymore. Damage can be done to internal organs from holding in urine too long. Her shame is probably punishment enough. I guess pee pee is better than poo poo.

Yes but the article states that the aircraft landed with the woman onboard and that crew had detained her whilst police were called to deal with her inflght unruliness. I'll assume she was too busy being a twat to use the toilet during the flight and has continued to prove her twatiness throughout this episode ? Good luck to her, but if you're not house trained, keep off airliners !

Varsity1

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Europe taking some heat off the USA.

Keep it up guys. We're counting on you!
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

NYPECO

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:58 pm

That website is painful to look at.

Austin787

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 pm

I would think peeing in the airsick bag would be preferable to peeing on the floor.

stratocruiser wrote:

I wonder if she was in seat #1.

787Driver

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Europe taking some heat off the USA.

Keep it up guys. We're counting on you!

Nah, just the UK. They like to think they are next to USA geographically and culturally anyway :)

JoeCanuck

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:08 pm

The crew's perspective on why they wouldn't let her use the restroom on the plane will be interesting. I have no idea about her particular situation, but a person does has a finite limit as to how long they can hold it in.

All that being said, if she was determined to let go in public, she could have at least walked down the stairs and gone on the ground, and not the plane. There's no way to class that up.

So out of curiosity, what would you do if you just couldn't hold it in any longer and the crew wouldn't let you use a bathroom that you are, literally, standing by and the options are wet yourself or drop the trousers?
What the...?

SCQ83

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:12 pm

NYPECO wrote:
That website is painful to look at.

Britain's favourite "newspaper"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6087997/t ... 33million/

dampfnudel

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:19 pm

I knew with the title where we were going with this one and I was right. :D
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

AA AI CO CL DE DL EA HA KL LH N7 PA PQ SK RO TW UA YR

IPFreely

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Some posters really need to get a grip on their phony outrage. I’m not sure why this even made the news — I guess because of the flight crew’s reaction — but people pee on airplanes in places other than the lavatory every single day.

Rookie87

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:01 pm

IPFreely wrote:
Some posters really need to get a grip on their phony outrage. I’m not sure why this even made the news — I guess because of the flight crew’s reaction — but people pee on airplanes in places other than the lavatory every single day.

She lives up to your screen name lol was it you?

Anyways people have phony “outrage” over anything so that they can probably show that they have a sense of righteousness from the safety of their screens. But yea...this sort of thing happens more than people realize

JoeCanuck

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Revelation wrote:
IPFreely wrote:

Given the a.net username you've held for 12 years, I'll defer to you on this one...

True that. I mean, if I want information on Telsa, I'll defer to Elon Musk.
What the...?

Revelation

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:07 pm

IPFreely wrote:

Given the a.net username you've held for 12 years, I'll defer to you on this one...
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

sturmovik

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Revelation wrote:
IPFreely wrote:

</thread>
'What's it doing now?'

workhorse

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Now I'm scared to ever fly SCAT Airlines.

aemoreira1981

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Taking a W6 in the galley...I would hope it was an emergency and not an intentional disruption.

holcakker

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 pm

It's not a woman.

senatorflyer

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:07 pm

The Sun is obviously The Sun. Nonetheless, yet article is confusing talking about departure, arrival etc. So who knows what went on.

Out of experience there are a few airlines which lock the toilets on the ground as a rule. Rossiya, Turkish Airlines, Wizz just to name a few. It’s always a bit of a struggle to get the FA to unlock the lavatories at those airlines (tried and tested).

As we all know, boarding can take a while sometimes and so can the clearance for take off. So I wouldn’t blame the lady entirely based on a Sun report.

yowza

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 pm

I presumed it would be an article not a billboard-size video of a woman with her pants down flanked by gratuitous tits everywhere.

YOWza

ASFlyer

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:09 pm

I'm a little shocked at the number of people defending this behavior. Next time you walk into a filthy bathroom on a plane with pee on the floor, don't complain to the cabin crew - it was someone's basic human function. Maybe they couldn't aim properly. I would also remind everyone here that shes basically peeing in the kitchen. Think about THAT next time you're anxious to eat or drink on a plane. To those that think this is a common occurrence, I have not seen this happen in 30+ years in the airline biz. It's a new one for me. But don't complain next time you get on a nasty plane - someone probably had a "basic human function" before you got there. It happens, right? Wow - we'll make excuses for anyone for anything these days, won't we?

F27500

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:28 pm

ASFlyer wrote:
I'm a little shocked at the number of people defending this behavior. Next time you walk into a filthy bathroom on a plane with pee on the floor, don't complain to the cabin crew - it was someone's basic human function. Maybe they couldn't aim properly. I would also remind everyone here that shes basically peeing in the kitchen. Think about THAT next time you're anxious to eat or drink on a plane. To those that think this is a common occurrence, I have not seen this happen in 30+ years in the airline biz. It's a new one for me. But don't complain next time you get on a nasty plane - someone probably had a "basic human function" before you got there. It happens, right? Wow - we'll make excuses for anyone for anything these days, won't we?

Don't blame the cabin crew? Many airlines consider it their job to check the lavs and make certain they are tidied up. You have to clean up some pee? To bad. You're a "cabin attendant" .. and the lav is part of the cabin, like it or not.

There are gloves and clean up kits for just this sort of thing.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos