Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cirrusdragoon
Topic Author

WestJet renames 737 Plus cabin , debuts “Premium”

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:23 am

WestJet has released further information regarding their future of the 737 product.

The Plus cabin “name” shall be no more.

The whole fleet begins complete reconfiguration with new 2x2 business class Recaro Cl-4710 seats starting this fall. The cabin shall be known as the “Premium” cabin.

Several amenties in the Premium cabin include all the basic J class amenties: Sky dividers to create a cabin space defined by an ambience of quiet and relaxation, (no mention of curtain in between J and Y) . Guests will enjoy an elevated level of service provided exclusively by dedicated cabin crew members. There will be a refined dining experience with an exclusive menu offerings and wine list. Glassware, flatware and linen complete the setting.

View the youtube visualization here: https://youtu.be/2aCj56mLPls

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-in ... ht/premium

AC143

Re: WestJet renames 737 Plus cabin , debuts “Premium”

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:38 am

They are clearly trying to transition to a full service airliner, with the swoop being the ULCC solution. Very looking forward to WS competing head to head with AC one day.
MD82 E175 E190 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B73G B738 B74M B763 B772 B77W B789

cirrusdragoon
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:42 am

This was clear from their 787 unveiling and the numerous articles such as this one where Ed Sims describes the company direction. http://m.atwonline.com/airlines/intervi ... hts-growth

As well as, in this article: http://m.atwonline.com/airframes/westje ... y-unveiled

And in a forbes article describing how WestJet is undergoing a business transformation: https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisagarc ... ts-rumble/

oldannyboy

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am

Very nice cabin. Although the colours are DRAB. Wow. :-( How about a swoosh of turquoise and aquamarine??

nonflier

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:28 am

Good news, competition is always welcome. I hope WestJet will join SkyTeam in the future.

whywhyzee

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:24 am

This product should compliment the long haul one well. The plus service is already very good, I find it more personal and attentive compared to AC, which is still solid, don't get me wrong, but WestJet just seems less formal, which is in truth, who they are as a company.

Judging by this, and their upcoming 787 configuration, which is due to be released soon, routes announced in October, they are targeting a more premium passenger mix, but not huge corporate like AC. Much like what is written on the side of the fuselage, they are looking to capture the market to and from Canada, and cover the high and low end, with a focus on premium leisure travel.

DL747400

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:53 am

This rebranding and product upgrade will also provide a more seamless transition from WS Premium to DL Domestic First when marketing the WS/DL JV. There is now a better match between the two products.
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

EChid

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:23 pm

I hope WestJet joins Skyteam. I agree, competition would be nice and Delta is the strongest US airline. The cabin looks stronger, and clearly they're aware that they couldn't keep charging AC prices (nor could they get AC revenue in biz) if they kept the model as it was. I'm still not confident this will work. This is a very Qantas/Virgin Australia pairing now, and we can see how well VA is doing at the moment after its very similar transformation.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm unlikely to fly them on any longer flight in the 737s until they add IFE screens. I know many don't like the screens, but for me they are simple and help kill time. After doing multiple trips on VA's similarly equipped 737s this week I just can't get onboard with BYOD. I had a cell phone who's battery I needed charged for my destination and a laptop interface that, after 45 minutes of trying to get a movie to load (and requires Silverlight and Internet Explorer), couldn't load a movie.

It's a no go on those 4-6 hour transcons that make up so much of my flying, especially when I can get a screen in AC for essentially the same price.

ACCS300

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Looks quite nice! Agree that bringing back PTV's would be great, so many segments in Canada and long and PTV's help pass the time nicely. Now all Westjet needs is a name change, how about Canadi>n?

767333ER

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Good real business class, now they need the food to support it which any plane equipped with ovens will have, but anything without won’t.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T PA-28-180

2 ears for spatial hearing, 2 eyes for depth perception, 2 ears for balance... How did Boeing think 1 sensor was good enough?!

MIflyer12

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:07 pm

Have they committed to reconfiguring all 737s not flown by their ULCC?

FlightLevel360

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:14 pm

ACCS300 wrote:
Looks quite nice! Agree that bringing back PTV's would be great, so many segments in Canada and long and PTV's help pass the time nicely. Now all Westjet needs is a name change, how about Canadi>n?

I 500% agree. Now let's add some thicker seats (what AC is offering on its 737 MAXes, aside from the legroom, is already a MAJOR improvement). Personally I don't like the Recaro BL3530 because it looks like an ironing board. Even the B/E Aerospace Pinnacle, also a very popular slimline seat, has twice the amount of padding!
To me, it will always be:
- Bombardier CSeries
- Airbus A321neoLR and A321neoXLR
- EMBRACER ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, and ERJ-195
- MITSUBUSHI MRJ

Anti narrowbody-long range-twinjet gang. Long live the A380 and 747!

OA940

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:30 pm

On one side I'm glad to see Westjet evolve into a full-service carrier to compete directly with AC (their 787 looks especially good). But on the other hand is there enough room to compete?
A350/CSeries = bae

jeffh747

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:05 pm

I like the direction WestJet is going, which seems like the opposite direction some major airlines in the US are going (full service to LCC-like). I feel like they’re increasingly becoming Canada’s version of jetBlue, offering low cost travel but with premium amenities, as evidenced with the new J cabin in their 737s. My only gripe is this newer trend of “sky dividers” that separate the J and Y cabins. For a low cost carrier like WestJet, it’s acceptable. It’s unacceptable however for airlines like United and American. I think it cheapens the experience but I guess having traditional bulkheads/curtains takes up too much space.
Overall, this is great for WestJet and Canada. A little bit of competition never hurts the consumer.
ATR-72-600, A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B

whywhyzee

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:29 pm

EChid wrote:
I hope WestJet joins Skyteam. I agree, competition would be nice and Delta is the strongest US airline. The cabin looks stronger, and clearly they're aware that they couldn't keep charging AC prices (nor could they get AC revenue in biz) if they kept the model as it was. I'm still not confident this will work. This is a very Qantas/Virgin Australia pairing now, and we can see how well VA is doing at the moment after its very similar transformation.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm unlikely to fly them on any longer flight in the 737s until they add IFE screens. I know many don't like the screens, but for me they are simple and help kill time. After doing multiple trips on VA's similarly equipped 737s this week I just can't get onboard with BYOD. I had a cell phone who's battery I needed charged for my destination and a laptop interface that, after 45 minutes of trying to get a movie to load (and requires Silverlight and Internet Explorer), couldn't load a movie.

It's a no go on those 4-6 hour transcons that make up so much of my flying, especially when I can get a screen in AC for essentially the same price.

Speaking from experience, the WestJet system works seamlessly, and it is faster then any in seat IFE I have ever used. Every seat also has a power outlet to charge your device. It is a really strong system, I was always skeptical, but after having used it, I significantly prefer it to AC's in seat system.

whywhyzee

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm

To speak to a number of posters:

Are all of the 737NGs getting retrofitted? - Yes, that is currently the plan, the only thing I do not know is the configuration of the 737-600s.
Ovens? - All are being retrofitted, and should have hot meals along with the new seats.

While this is more of a direct competition with AC, their 787s will have a significantly different configuration to what is seen at AC. They won't necessarily compete directly with AC, they are more geared towards premium leisure. While the hard product will be full service concept as we have seen, and the soft product will be innovative (Dine on Demand in J, walk up bar in Y+), the number of seats per cabin is tailored towards mainly leisure heavy routes, with larger Y and Y+ cabins. The J cabin will be quite exclusive,they aren't necessarily going with a layout like AC which is much more J heavy (AC is roughly industry standard at 30J in the 789). AC designed their cabins to suit the business traveler, WS has designed their cabins to better suit a mix of leisure and premium markets.

MIflyer12

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:09 pm

whywhyzee wrote:

Are all of the 737NGs getting retrofitted? - Yes, that is currently the plan, the only thing I do not know is the configuration of the 737-600s.

Thanks for the direct reply. Planespotters.net shows 13 active 736s with WestJet. I'll assume that part of growing up is dumping (very uneconomical) 736s. That's a topic for another thread.

EddieDude

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 pm

To those advocating for SkyTeam membership, that won't happen in the short, and medium term. SkyTeam's CEO recently announced that the alliance is not looking to induce new members for the time being, but will rather focus on further systems/benefits integration.

I really like the new WestJet Premium cabin. Congrats! Look forward to trying WestJet! I agree a dash of turquoise would do wonders for the seats. Only letdown is that it seems it will be BYOIFE.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

whywhyzee

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:38 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:

Thanks for the direct reply. Planespotters.net shows 13 active 736s with WestJet. I'll assume that part of growing up is dumping (very uneconomical) 736s. That's a topic for another thread.

There is currently no plan to retire the 737-600s as it stands, however, that is subject to change and goes well beyond my head.

ACDC8

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Looks awesome and something I’ve been waiting for. Very excited. Awesome job WS!
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

berari

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:42 pm

It's sad that it stops short, still, and does not include a seat back monitor. Even to project one's own device onto.

aerolimani

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:41 am

I still remember this Westjet: https://youtu.be/cAeJVxiKmEE

Remember this? I don't miss the old Westjet at all.

As to the 787s, I hope that the included benefits at least rise to match AC; free checked first bag and included meals. Otherwise, I fear that AC will lower its standards to match.

Stitch

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:57 am

jeffh747 wrote:
My only gripe is this newer trend of “sky dividers” that separate the J and Y cabins. For a low cost carrier like WestJet, it’s acceptable. It’s unacceptable however for airlines like United and American. I think it cheapens the experience but I guess having traditional bulkheads/curtains takes up too much space.

The new partial bulkheads are to allow the front row of Economy passengers to store cabin baggage under the aft row of First Class seats as well as allow the aft row of FC seats to recline while allowing more rows of Economy to be fitted (since there is no longer the "wasted space" of the gap between the back of the FC seat and the bulkhead).

That being said, Hawaiian's new A321's have a full "space saving" bulkhead with cubbyholes at the bottom that extend under the aft row of First Class so passengers can still store bags.

The heavy opaque curtains were all removed post-9/11 for security reasons (to allow cabin crew full sight-lines down the entire cabin) and were eventually replaced with see-through mesh units.

TripleA

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:01 am

So when are they planning to update their website to show the new logo?

767333ER

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:07 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
EChid wrote:

Speaking from experience, the WestJet system works seamlessly, and it is faster then any in seat IFE I have ever used. Every seat also has a power outlet to charge your device. It is a really strong system, I was always skeptical, but after having used it, I significantly prefer it to AC's in seat system.

Have you had the chance to try an Air Canada plane equipped with he Thales Avant system, I’m told it’s significantly better than WestJet’s BYOD system.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T PA-28-180

2 ears for spatial hearing, 2 eyes for depth perception, 2 ears for balance... How did Boeing think 1 sensor was good enough?!

whywhyzee

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:11 pm

767333ER wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
EChid wrote:

Have you had the chance to try an Air Canada plane equipped with he Thales Avant system, I’m told it’s significantly better than WestJet’s BYOD system.

That I have not. I do know however that the WestJet system will soon receive a full update to a new generation (being called the third generation system) which apparently is significantly more integrated. The new system should enable better wifi/IFE capabilities, and it gives crew access to Westjet booking systems, giving FAs the capability to re-book connections while airborne in the case of a delay, which I think is pretty cool (Note that AC is also building a similar system).

Jean Leloup

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:53 pm

As someone who has been sick of both WS’ and AC’s previous, aging IFE.... I can confirm that the new AC system is wonderful. For me, personally, I prefer a built-in unit, especially on longer flights. That said, as with many other things, I think I’m on the wrong side of history on this one, and WS’ approach will be the one that prevails. Hopefully it continues to improve, as WhyWhyZee advises it will.

I’ll admit to being naive enough that, even after the 787 interior details were released, I still was not expecting a revamped hard product across the narrow-body fleet. I figured things were working for them as they were in the non-intercontinental market... including their looser, flexible, almost European approach to the first few rows. It is going to feel weird the first time I turn right on a WS 737 and see a bunch of business class seats!
Jean Leloup - original a.net moderator and still recovering!

EChid

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:12 am

Jean Leloup wrote:
As someone who has been sick of both WS’ and AC’s previous, aging IFE.... I can confirm that the new AC system is wonderful. For me, personally, I prefer a built-in unit, especially on longer flights. That said, as with many other things, I think I’m on the wrong side of history on this one, and WS’ approach will be the one that prevails. Hopefully it continues to improve, as WhyWhyZee advises it will.

Are we on the wrong side of history though? Tablet sales have plateaued for years now. A lot of people who want them, have them, and the rest just have laptops and phones. Phones are simply not as good as a built-in displays (usually significantly smaller than most recent IFE displays) and you have to check that you have the app installed first. Usually your phone will use power when it displays videos faster than it can charge via USB. Add the restrictions on laptops during take-off and landing and the fact that economy seats are so small that using a laptop in them can be tricky...and I really don't think that we are on the wrong side of history. This is simply a company sampling how little they can provide in the way of features and value. The question is how many will vote with their feet, or voice annoyance.

Sorry, took the thread way off track. But this is what really bothers me about airlines like United, AA, and WestJet.

EChid

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:14 am

And yes, the new system on ACs' 737s is super slick. Fast and easy, it'll do things like alert you if you don't have enough time left in the flight to watch your selected item.

multimark

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:32 am

Put me down as a contrarian on this. Rather than be content to be the Southwest of Canada, WS is now looking more and more like the old Canadian Airlines (CP). Old timers will remember that thanks to employee givebacks CP had lower labour costs than AC but that still wasn't enough. WS is unionizing and taking on a whole host of legacy carrier problems.

dr1980

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:00 am

I actually really enjoy the current plus cabin - mainly because as non-status flier and civil servant (ie my employer only pays for economy) I can actually afford to pay to the upgrade fee for plus out of my own pocket whereas the upgrade to business on AC is way beyond me.
Dave/CYHZ

ACCS300

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:07 am

AC's Thales Avant is great! Used it on 787-9 flights to FRA and LHR and include me as someone who loves IFE and finds steaming a total pain. As mentioned here, laptops are a nightmare on Y seat with ever decreasing pitch, it's now impossible to fully open one on a tray table on most airlines, add to that the need to stow them for meal service, take-off and landing not to mention the juices it sucks from the battery and that coupled with the often lack of charging / USB ports on many airlines. IFE is gate-to-gate simplicity and pleasure and the reason most airlines are keeping it on their long and medium haul products.

AC853

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:22 am

What happened to the link? All reference has been removed. Even WestJet site has nothing. I wonder if this news went out too early.

BawliBooch

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:41 am

EChid wrote:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm unlikely to fly them on any longer flight in the 737s until they add IFE screens.

Why is a big screen necessary in this day & age? Would phone/tablet based delivery of IFE not work? As long as they provide charging points at every seat, this works out as a more cost-effective solution. Content is another matter.

PTV's in economy are a thing of the past IMO.

PS: They should provide a tablet/phone holder on all seats and it should allow passengers to watch content while eating their meals. Something like what I saw on new Jet Airways 737MAX.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

ACDC8

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:15 am

BawliBooch wrote:

PS: They should provide a tablet/phone holder on all seats and it should allow passengers to watch content while eating their meals. Something like what I saw on new Jet Airways 737MAX.

WS does have those on their Max’s.

nonflier

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:26 am

BawliBooch wrote:
PTV's in economy are a thing of the past IMO.

I don't agree, especially with reference to medium/long haul flights. Not everybody has a tablet (or carries it always with themselves) and watching films on a phone is not great. Besides, PTV is in any case a plus and I would definitely favour airlines that offer more (not fewer) amenities.

WNCrew

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:04 am

Video and associated page on WestJet were taken down.... Hmmm, I can't see any information.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

readytotaxi

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 am

WNCrew wrote:
Video and associated page on WestJet were taken down.... Hmmm, I can't see any information.

SPOOKY, what's going on? :confused:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

whywhyzee

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:39 am

People keep referencing long haul, and how they want IFE in seat. The 789 has nose to tail IFE, only narrow bodies do not have in seat IFE.

EChid

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:28 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
People keep referencing long haul, and how they want IFE in seat. The 789 has nose to tail IFE, only narrow bodies do not have in seat IFE.

Longhaul is a given, but much of Canadian flying is 'medium haul', i.e. 4-5 hours. If this were Europe and all of the narrow bodies generally flew a max of 2-hour flights, fine. But I'd argue that IFE is just as relevant flying from YUL to YVR in a narrowbody as it is flying from YUL to LHR in a widebody.

The point is, I don't want to make excuses for airlines to legitimize features they've decided not to provide while charging the same price as airlines that do. If WestJet wants to charge the same fares as AC, they need to get onboard with this in my view - or I'll continue not to fly them.

ACDC8

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 pm

If PTVs are so important that it’s going to make so many people choose one airline over the other as some people here believe. Then I’m sure WS wouldn’t have taken them out of the 737s in the first place.

Personally, I can’t stand PTVs and I’m glad that they’re gone. However, my airline of choice isn’t based if I have a TV screen glaring in my face all the time. And from the many, many, many full WS flights I’ve taken over the years, I haven’t heard any complaints of people using their phones for the IFE and the flights haven’t been getting any emptier, so no PTV obviously isn’t as important as some seem to think.

EChid

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:31 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
If PTVs are so important that it’s going to make so many people choose one airline over the other as some people here believe. Then I’m sure WS wouldn’t have taken them out of the 737s in the first place.

Personally, I can’t stand PTVs and I’m glad that they’re gone. However, my airline of choice isn’t based if I have a TV screen glaring in my face all the time. And from the many, many, many full WS flights I’ve taken over the years, I haven’t heard any complaints of people using their phones for the IFE and the flights haven’t been getting any emptier, so no PTV obviously isn’t as important as some seem to think.

Each and every one of the pro-IFE people in this thread have fully recognized that it is a feature that is key to them, not necessarily the entire population. And your measures of user preference are even more imprecisely derived since you're assuming that a full plane with people using their phones = high customer satisfaction with the current setup. The better indicator would be if you got on an AC or DL flight and saw few using the IFE and most using either nothing or their own devices. In my experience, that's somewhat rare.

Besides, most people aren't necessarily aware of whether a plane has IFE or not, it's mostly a 'surprise and delight' feature (for some) when they get onboard. Just as an anetter will book an A320 over a 737 for the extra inch of seat width that few others will know or care about, most won't know what the plane has inside until they get on. That's what WS bets on.

And I've never understood the 'I hate having it glaring in my face the whole time' argument. Just turn it off. There's a button. Push it.

Austin787

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:52 pm

ACDC8 wrote:

I suspect cost cutting is the reason WestJet (and AA) removed the PTVs.

As for using phones, I find even the largest phone screen too small to comfortably watch movies.

ACDC8

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm

EChid wrote:
And your measures of user preference are even more imprecisely derived since you're assuming that a full plane with people using their phones = high customer satisfaction with the current setup.

No, what I said is that it isn't a deciding factor for many people.
EChid wrote:
And I've never understood the 'I hate having it glaring in my face the whole time' argument. Just turn it off. There's a button. Push it.

Just as I never understood why people can't handle a few hours without being glued to a TV screen.

As for turning it off, seeing that if you're sitting beside me with your screen glaring in my face, especially on a red eye, you don't mind if I lean over and "push the button" on yours then?

You like your PTV, thats great. I don't like PTVs and thats great. But anyone who chooses an airline over another specifically for the IFE is in the minority.

ACDC8

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Austin787 wrote:
I suspect cost cutting is the reason WestJet (and AA) removed the PTVs.

Absolutely. Less initial cost, weight savings = fuel savings, less maintenance costs. Obviously, those savings outweigh the risk of losing a handful of passengers because they just have to have a PTV in the eyes of some airlines.

ACDC8

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:35 pm

WNCrew wrote:

You mean this page?

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-in ... ertainment

EDIT: Never mind, I believe you're referring to the video/pages in the OP, my apologies.

However, for some reason, the French version is still on Youtube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smvCNG597lg

EChid

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
As for turning it off, seeing that if you're sitting beside me with your screen glaring in my face, especially on a red eye, you don't mind if I lean over and "push the button" on yours then?

You would have exactly the same issue with someone watching something on their laptop, a tablet, or a phone. Most IFEs are set to automatically turn off if untouched/unused for a certain amount of time.

ACDC8

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:04 pm

EChid wrote:

You would have exactly the same issue with someone watching something on their laptop, a tablet, or a phone. Most IFEs are set to automatically turn off if untouched/unused for a certain amount of time.

Very few people use laptops on planes these days. Most people use their phones, the screens are smaller and usually not at eye level as opposed to seat back screens. When people aren't using the IFE on their personal device, they usually shut it off, I haven't seen any seat back IFE that turns off automatically yet, I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm saying that I haven't seen any.

Regardless, I'm not going to continue arguing about one preference over another. My argument is that the lack of seat back PTVs hasn't hurt WS bottom line in any way.

Aliqiout

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:20 pm

EChid wrote:
ACDC8 wrote:

Yes I think you can push a button to turn off most (all?) of the systems in use now, but some of the early systems you couldn't, or if you could they would come back on every 5 minutes, that was annoying.

I think it was HP that had particularly annoying screens.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos