Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kiowa
Topic Author

Southwest employee arrested for child vouyerism at work

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:29 pm

This is quite disgusting and not a reflection on an airline but on a disturbed employee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -kids.html

F27500

Re: Southwest employee arrested for child vouyerism at work

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Dirty Birdie.

kiowa
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:24 am

interesting that it is reported in the UK but I have not seen anything in the US media. I guess a Kardashian was not involved so the media doesn't find it interesting. Or Southwest does an incredible job of containing the press---

planecane

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:36 am

It's disgusting either way but there seems to be some sensationalism tying it to children. The article says the bathroom is sometimes used by children by themselves. Doesn't this happen at many bathrooms?

It's a sick crime regardless.

Super80Fan

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:08 am

Disgusting but I fail to see what this has to do with Southwest other than him being employed by them. They also make a point to blast Disney's name when cast members get caught in child sex stings in Florida but has nothing to do with them except for employment.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

kiowa
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
Disgusting but I fail to see what this has to do with Southwest other than him being employed by them. They also make a point to blast Disney's name when cast members get caught in child sex stings in Florida but has nothing to do with them except for employment.

Do the Disney employees do this while working? I see that as a major difference. This guy was doing it on Southwest time wearing a Southwest uniform. I would hope that Goofy and Minnie in Orlando were not doing it while wearing their costumes.

mcdu

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Every company has miscreant employees in their ranks. The big difference is if this was the airline with the globe on the tail the outrage would all be targeted at the corporation and not the employee.

kabq737

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:43 pm

kiowa wrote:
interesting that it is reported in the UK but I have not seen anything in the US media. I guess a Kardashian was not involved so the media doesn't find it interesting. Or Southwest does an incredible job of containing the press---

Yes they do an absolutely amazing job. It always astounds me how well they tend to keep the bad press down.

I don’t think there’s really anything that can be said for this man except that he is disgusting, unacceptable, and deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law.
Been on: 320, 321, 333, 733, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 764, 772, 789, C208, CR7, CR9, BE20, MD83, MD88, MD90, E70, E75, E90, TRIM
Flown: SEEKER, C150M C172N, C172R, C172S, C182RG, DA40, PA-46

kiowa
Topic Author

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:15 pm

kabq737 wrote:
kiowa wrote:

Yes they do an absolutely amazing job. It always astounds me how well they tend to keep the bad press down.

I don’t think there’s really anything that can be said for this man except that he is disgusting, unacceptable, and deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law.

I just saw some coverage in the Seattle news but very little in the way of information. Perhaps the perv will even keep his job at Southwest-whatever the job was. His occupation at Southwest was not released that I saw. I would guess a gate agent but perhaps a fligh attendant?

Judge1310

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:50 pm

Super80Fan wrote:

If only you'd be able to extend such proper and just logic to other airlines...

jetero

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Is this really worth discussing?

Judge1310

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:52 pm

mcdu wrote:
Every company has miscreant employees in their ranks. The big difference is if this was the airline with the globe on the tail the outrage would all be targeted at the corporation and not the employee.

EXACTLY! And there would be folks on here calling for tens of thousands to be fired because that airline "should have done their research better" on hiring the employee.

I'm all for folks having opinions (makes one interesting) but equally applied logic helps to make conversations cogent and fair.

OA412

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:16 pm

kiowa wrote:

A google search reveals this:

https://nypost.com/2018/07/24/southwest ... -bathroom/

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel ... t-bathroom

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/07/2 ... urism.html

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/southw ... /796562870

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/south ... PjWC73gUP/

All US media, all name him as a Southwest employee in the title.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Passedv1

Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 am

So if you put a camera in a bathroom that kids “sometimes use” you get arrested and have to stay in jail unless you can come up with 90k bail...BUT if you french kiss a kid that doesn’t want to be kissed, grab her thigh, and cause an entire airplane of people to divert to SEA while trying to get to ANC...you get to continue on to your destination after posting $1,000 bail. WHAT THE HELL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -days.html

jakubz

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Passedv1 wrote:
So if you put a camera in a bathroom that kids “sometimes use” you get arrested and have to stay in jail unless you can come up with 90k bail...BUT if you french kiss a kid that doesn’t want to be kissed, grab her thigh, and cause an entire airplane of people to divert to SEA while trying to get to ANC...you get to continue on to your destination after posting $1,000 bail. WHAT THE HELL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -days.html

I'm not defending either of the accused, but regarding the bail I think I can see the logic. The bathroom cam guys abused his access and could have peeped on dozens if not hundred's of people, including children.
The flight guy was allegedly drunk and it might have been a one time thing (personally, I doubt it).
I could see the judge accepting the argument that the bathroom guy was systematic/methodical about it, and truly intending to do what he did, while the flight guy might have 'had one too many' and did something stupid. Also, it might not be the same judge setting the bail.

Again, not excusing either sets of actions/behavior.
KORD>RJAA>KORD day trip? Why not! The beauty of SA!
Yes, I use ICAO codes
Flown: PA-28, PA-38
Passenger on: A319/A320, A380, 737, 747-400, 757, 767, 777, 787-8/9
Finally got on a 747!

My comment are my own. I don't speak for any company.

LaunchDetected

Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:47 pm

jetero wrote:

I don't understand the point of all those "F/A doing bad stuff" threads.

It just looks like child fight between american carriers and their fanboys trying to discredit the other one.
Caravelle lover

kjeld0d

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Chuck Berry style!

kiowa
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:14 pm

LaunchDetected wrote:
jetero wrote:

It just looks like child fight between american carriers and their fanboys trying to discredit the other one.

Was the pervert a flight attendant?

kiowa
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:13 am

LaunchDetected wrote:
jetero wrote:

If it is not worth discussing, you certainly do not have to post anything. We do need to be aware of people with bad behavior in all occupations. Just because they have a uniform, or have a position of authority, does not mean that they are trustworthy or honorable.

EvanWSFO

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:23 am

jetero wrote:

Nope.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

LAXLHR

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:42 am

Super80Fan wrote:

Obviously you know nothing about Disney yet felt the need to make a statement that can be shredded in minutes (this is not the place haha). I'm not tying WN to Disney cause Disney and pedo's go hand in hand!...I work in Hollywood, its well known.

But if someone works for a high profile company like Southwest then of course they will be linked in the media. Did WN miss something during employment checks. How was this discovered. The US government and others are filled with pedophiles (proven fact) that the media ignores for obvious reasons, and airlines ALL industries have their fair share.

I know this is not something people want to hear (especially aviation nerds) but its true, its sad, I doubt Southwest will be effected by this in the slightest, unless there is a pedo ring found to be operating at WN then the conversation changes.

Children need to be protected. Period!
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 330s 340s 350 380

coairman

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:43 am

Maybe CNN is so obsessed with President Trump that other news is overlooked. If it was a UA employee maybe it would be a US news headline as UA in my opinion is not liked too much in the US national media and is treated very unfairly and inequitable.
The views I express are of my own, and not the company I work for.

FlightLevel360

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:13 am

kiowa wrote:
I guess a Kardashian was not involved so the media doesn't find it interesting.

I cannot say how true that statement is in my country. I don't often rely on the media; usually this forum and twitter.
To me, it will always be:
- Bombardier CSeries
- Airbus A321neoLR and A321neoXLR
- EMBRACER ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, and ERJ-195
- MITSUBUSHI MRJ

Anti narrowbody-long range-twinjet gang. Long live the A380 and 747!

Super80Fan

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:12 am

LAXLHR wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Obviously you know nothing about Disney yet felt the need to make a statement that can be shredded in minutes (this is not the place haha).

Stopped reading right there, troll. Bye bye.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

debonair

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 am

I just did a flight on Southwest and a passenger talked loud out, that she is never ever flying Southwest Airlines with her children again, because due to the free seat allocation onboard only pervert and paedophile monsters would choose Southwest as they can sit next to her babies and start molesting them during the flight... Creepy.

flyingclrs727

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:10 pm

debonair wrote:
I just did a flight on Southwest and a passenger talked loud out, that she is never ever flying Southwest Airlines with her children again, because due to the free seat allocation onboard only pervert and paedophile monsters would choose Southwest as they can sit next to her babies and start molesting them during the flight... Creepy.

She'll enjoy paying all the upgrade fees on American in order to travel together in adjacent seats.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos