jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:39 am

The Western world is totally f*cked if this is news

If Ms Duo Lipa were so concerned about nut allergies, I don’t think the way to go is to televise to the world her outrage. It only reveals her self-centered-ness.
 
User avatar
kitplane01
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:41 am

duplicate please delete
Last edited by kitplane01 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
kitplane01
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:45 am

duplicate please delete
Last edited by kitplane01 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
Virginblue4
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:45 am

From my, albeit, limited research, is it even possible to have an allergic reaction without ingesting the nuts?

I’ve seen lots of comments on twitter etc stating that she could have had an allergic reaction from airborne peanut ‘dust’, but I don’t believe this is even possible? The same with just touching peanuts. I’m pretty sure you have to actually ingest them.

Is there anyone with more knowledge on this? I’d be interested to know.
712 738 744 752 762 763 764 320 321 332 F70 Q400
BE BY DL MT PC V7 VS WA ZB 6Y
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:50 am

kitplane01 wrote:
IPFreely wrote:
chepos wrote:
For those asking who Dua Lipa is, most recently she is featured on the Calvin Harris hit One KISS.


Not only did I not know who Dua Lipa is, I didn't know she wasn't an American until it was posted in this thread. And I have no idea who Calvin Harris is. I'm guessing most of the posters here (and the vast majority of the public) have know idea who he is, either.


She has 2.4 million twitter followers, and is the most streamed woman in the world in 2017. Go listen to a radio station who's tag line does not include the phrase "oldies" or "country". Go talk to a 17 year old.

Really, she's famous. And when she tweets about some airline, literally millions of people read it either directly, on retweets, or via the media that inevitably pick it up. Maybe it doesn't reach your world, but it sure reaches a lot of people and therefore matters.

Airlines don't reply to most people who tweet about them, but they will reply to her every time. Because it would be stupid not to. This is the new world. And building a brand in 2018 in involves tweets, famous people who are post James Dean, and a whole bunch of new media things.


I personally do not follow her, however I don’t live under a rock, I am very much aware who she is, and your right she is very famous and her tweets reach millions of people. Everyone on here saying they don’t know who she is, is just jumping on the band wagon trying to pretend they haven’t ever heard of her, it’s kind of pathetic really, a thread about an actual situation that occurred on a flight, that was widely reported and hit news outlets globally, yet all the fools commenting on here are to busy getting caught up on “who is she” it’s stupid! Anyone that listens to the radio or watches TV will have heard her music or seen her on TV, in a world that has so much technology it’s almost impossible for anyone to have never heard anything about her, might not know her name, but they sure have heard her music.

She was very much in her right to inform the crew that her sister had a nut allergy, as a senior crew member I damn well want to know if someone is likely to have an anaphylactic reaction to something, because if they do, it’s my ass that needs to give her medical attention! If she didn’t inform the airline before hand, it’s no big deal, do any of the muppets posting on this topic realize HOW MANY passengers fail to inform us of their medical conditions? Do you have any idea how many medical diversions we do a year? So yes that information is stuff we need to know... and for any RESPECTABLE airline as a crew member the reaction should have been “thank you for letting me know, how severe is your allergy? We will make sure to not serve any nuts onboard, and we will ask all passengers to refrain from consuming nuts onboard this flight, however please bear in mind we cannot physically stop passengers from eating their own food produce, but we can ask them to respect that we have someone with a severe allergy onboard, if at any point you feel unwell let us know and we will do everything we can to help you, and if we see anybody consuming nuts we will ask them to stop, do you have medication with you?” That is god damn customer service! Not the BS that unfriendly incompetent crew member at United blurted out to a revenue paying passenger. That is why airlines like United have a god awful reputation for customer service. If you said that to a passenger on my airline especially a celebrity that then tweeted what you had said... you’d be out of a job, same for any airline that prides itself on customer service.

Yes what the crew member said is accurate, theoretically we could stop a passenger from eating nuts, however we wouldn’t, so exposure onboard isn’t preventable, however the manner in which he addressed it and the wording he used is inappropriate! The difference with being on an aircraft to anywhere else is everywhere else you can get medical attention, you can walk away, you can keep yourself relatively safe, onboard an aircraft you have no control!

It’s our job to give good customer service and keep the environment safe... she was asking crew to help keep her sister safe, that’s our damn job! If y’all don’t like it, maybe none of you should ever get onboard an aircraft, because clearly you have NO respect for anyone but yourself and putting you in an environment surrounded by others, isn’t a good idea, next time y’all travel... go in your own car alone then you can eat all the nuts you like!
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:53 am

Virginblue4 wrote:
From my, albeit, limited research, is it even possible to have an allergic reaction without ingesting the nuts?

I’ve seen lots of comments on twitter etc stating that she could have had an allergic reaction from airborne peanut ‘dust’, but I don’t believe this is even possible? The same with just touching peanuts. I’m pretty sure you have to actually ingest them.

Is there anyone with more knowledge on this? I’d be interested to know.


Yes you can have a reaction to the dust participles, it is exacerbated on an aircraft because the air is recirculated, if it wasn’t an issue airlines like Southwest and many other airlines around the world (southwest are the ones that publicized it the most) have stopped service nuts onboard for that exact reason.
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
User avatar
kitplane01
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:54 am

727200 wrote:
This young 'Pop Star' might be important to that small segment of the population who follow these type of things, but realistically she is a 'no-body' to the rest of the world. So her sister has a nut allergy, that sounds like something she will have to deal with regardless of where she goes or how she gets there. If she is so concerned regarding her health might I suggest a bubble or cocoon she can interact with the general populace. Im sure when she performs at a venue, the peanut problem is NOT an issue when they hand her the check for the performance.

In short, its your issue and I wont let you make it mine.





She has 2.4 million twitter followers, and is the most streamed woman in the world in 2017. Go listen to a radio station who's tag line does not include the phrase "oldies" or "country". Go talk to a 17 year old.

Really, she's famous. And when she tweets about some airline, literally millions of people read it either directly, on retweets, or via the media that inevitably pick it up. Maybe it doesn't reach your world, but it sure reaches a lot of people and therefore matters.

Fox News, People Magazine, and Yahoo, the Sun, the Independent, and a zillion other places today now have a story that Dua Lipa is unhappy with United Airlines. This one day probably dwarfs United's advertsing budget for the year (guessing).

Airlines don't reply to most people who tweet about them, but they will reply to her every time. Because it would be stupid not to. This is the new world. And building a brand in 2018 in involves tweets, famous people who are post James Dean, and a whole bunch of new media things. The world has changed, and I'm sure the United Airlines media department is aware.

BTW, she's not just an American star. #1 on the UK top charts too.
 
Virginblue4
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 am

XLA2008 wrote:
Virginblue4 wrote:
From my, albeit, limited research, is it even possible to have an allergic reaction without ingesting the nuts?

I’ve seen lots of comments on twitter etc stating that she could have had an allergic reaction from airborne peanut ‘dust’, but I don’t believe this is even possible? The same with just touching peanuts. I’m pretty sure you have to actually ingest them.

Is there anyone with more knowledge on this? I’d be interested to know.


Yes you can have a reaction to the dust participles, it is exacerbated on an aircraft because the air is recirculated, if it wasn’t an issue airlines like Southwest and many other airlines around the world (southwest are the ones that publicized it the most) have stopped service nuts onboard for that exact reason.


Anything to back that up?
712 738 744 752 762 763 764 320 321 332 F70 Q400
BE BY DL MT PC V7 VS WA ZB 6Y
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:04 am

kitplane01 wrote:
727200 wrote:
This young 'Pop Star' might be important to that small segment of the population who follow these type of things, but realistically she is a 'no-body' to the rest of the world. So her sister has a nut allergy, that sounds like something she will have to deal with regardless of where she goes or how she gets there. If she is so concerned regarding her health might I suggest a bubble or cocoon she can interact with the general populace. Im sure when she performs at a venue, the peanut problem is NOT an issue when they hand her the check for the performance.

In short, its your issue and I wont let you make it mine.





She has 2.4 million twitter followers, and is the most streamed woman in the world in 2017. Go listen to a radio station who's tag line does not include the phrase "oldies" or "country". Go talk to a 17 year old.

Really, she's famous. And when she tweets about some airline, literally millions of people read it either directly, on retweets, or via the media that inevitably pick it up. Maybe it doesn't reach your world, but it sure reaches a lot of people and therefore matters.

Fox News, People Magazine, and Yahoo, the Sun, the Independent, and a zillion other places today now have a story that Dua Lipa is unhappy with United Airlines. This one day probably dwarfs United's advertsing budget for the year (guessing).

Airlines don't reply to most people who tweet about them, but they will reply to her every time. Because it would be stupid not to. This is the new world. And building a brand in 2018 in involves tweets, famous people who are post James Dean, and a whole bunch of new media things. The world has changed, and I'm sure the United Airlines media department is aware.

BTW, she's not just an American star. #1 on the UK top charts too.



How to destroy your brand and reputation... Piss of a celebrity that has millions of followers and unlimited outreach, land yourself in global national newspapers, and sit back and watch your brand get demolished lol.

The people that posted idiotic replies on here might not like her, or know her name, but at the end of the day she felt the crew member was rude otherwise she wouldn’t have tweeted about the situation, anyhow she wrote a single short comment in one tweet, and now United Airlines has landed itself back in the papers YET again for bad customer service, and YET again they have made their brand look even worse than it already did, and people on here might not like it, and thats because they don’t get special treatment onboard and get jealous of the fact that people like Duo Lipa might and often do get special treatment! And FYI to all of you on here, we stop serving nuts onboard for everyone with a nut allergy not just celebrities, so she wasn’t asking for special treatment because we do it for everyone! She is one celebrity out of the thousands of general passengers that inform us of their nut allergy!
Last edited by XLA2008 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:07 am

Virginblue4 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:
Virginblue4 wrote:
From my, albeit, limited research, is it even possible to have an allergic reaction without ingesting the nuts?

I’ve seen lots of comments on twitter etc stating that she could have had an allergic reaction from airborne peanut ‘dust’, but I don’t believe this is even possible? The same with just touching peanuts. I’m pretty sure you have to actually ingest them.

Is there anyone with more knowledge on this? I’d be interested to know.


Yes you can have a reaction to the dust participles, it is exacerbated on an aircraft because the air is recirculated, if it wasn’t an issue airlines like Southwest and many other airlines around the world (southwest are the ones that publicized it the most) have stopped service nuts onboard for that exact reason.


Anything to back that up?



Just google... “can dust particles from nuts cause an allergic reaction?” Then get back to me!

I don’t need to back it up it’s a medical fact! Hence why a lot of airlines nowadays do not serve nuts onboard. Clearly you really didn’t bother to do ANY research on the matter
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:12 am

People here are way too busy fanboying over Airbus or Boeing to care about new pop stars. What it does clearly show is that the average age of people here on a-net is way above 30. That is something to think about when another childish A vs B argument starts in some random thread about something completely different.

As for media attention to incidents on planes, regardless if celebrities are involved or not. They do happen much more often with phones with cameras and social media. And the traditional media is also way to hungry for dirt, they will pick up every single story. This also makes it interesting for attention seekers, like most celebrities nowadays. This makes it hard for airline crews, they have to be always very very aware about what they say and what they do. I don't work for an airline and I have said stuff to customers that would have resulted in me being fired if I was a flight attendant and the customer a very active social media customer. But my antics are not discussed here on an international internet discussion forum, and I wasn't fired, or even warned. Think about that when the next story pops up... The moral of my story of course, I should not apply for a job at an airline that involves direct interaction with customer.
 
Virginblue4
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:16 am

XLA2008 wrote:
Virginblue4 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:

Yes you can have a reaction to the dust participles, it is exacerbated on an aircraft because the air is recirculated, if it wasn’t an issue airlines like Southwest and many other airlines around the world (southwest are the ones that publicized it the most) have stopped service nuts onboard for that exact reason.


Anything to back that up?



Just google... “can dust particles from nuts cause an allergic reaction?” Then get back to me!

I don’t need to back it up it’s a medical fact! Hence why a lot of airlines nowadays do not serve nuts onboard. Clearly you really didn’t bother to do ANY research on the matter


No need to get personal. As I originally stated, I don’t know the answer. But there is a lot of evidence out there to say that nut allergies are NOT airborne. I’m sure everyone reacts differently, so maybe there is no correct answer. However, if you’re going to claim that because some airlines have banned nuts it means it is a medical fact that nut allergies can be airborne, I could claim that because the majority of airlines haven’t banned nuts then it is a medical fact that nut allergies are not airborne. Like I said, I have done some very basic and quick research and here is what I have found:


https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.allergicliving.com/experts/ ... eanutnuts/
712 738 744 752 762 763 764 320 321 332 F70 Q400
BE BY DL MT PC V7 VS WA ZB 6Y
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:22 am

Virginblue4 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:
Virginblue4 wrote:

Anything to back that up?



Just google... “can dust particles from nuts cause an allergic reaction?” Then get back to me!

I don’t need to back it up it’s a medical fact! Hence why a lot of airlines nowadays do not serve nuts onboard. Clearly you really didn’t bother to do ANY research on the matter


No need to get personal. As I originally stated, I don’t know the answer. But there is a lot of evidence out there to say that nut allergies are NOT airborne. I’m sure everyone reacts differently, so maybe there is no correct answer. However, if you’re going to claim that because some airlines have banned nuts it means it is a medical fact that nut allergies can be airborne, I could claim that because the majority of airlines haven’t banned nuts then it is a medical fact that nut allergies are not airborne. I have done some very basic and quick research and here is what I have found:


https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.allergicliving.com/experts/ ... eanutnuts/



I don’t need to back it up, every medical condition is going to have some “scientist” trying to debunk it, the amount of people that have had reactions to airborne particals is high, they may be studying if it is possible or not, however they are yet to prove that it doesn’t... and contrary to what they say, they are still unable to explain why all these people have had reactions to particles, as for a medical fact... I’m married to a doctor, I trust the doctor over some over exaggerated article somewhere on the internet from some back street professor, when the medical industry formally announces that it isn’t possible and it doesn’t happen then I’ll belive it, however between now and then, it is WIDELY accepted in the medical community that this is actually an issue... so much so that airlines like southwest have stopped nuts onboard for that exact reason! Just look up why southwest and several MAJOR airlines have stopped serving nuts... it’s because people have allergies to them!
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
Virginblue4
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:31 am

XLA2008 wrote:
Virginblue4 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:


Just google... “can dust particles from nuts cause an allergic reaction?” Then get back to me!

I don’t need to back it up it’s a medical fact! Hence why a lot of airlines nowadays do not serve nuts onboard. Clearly you really didn’t bother to do ANY research on the matter


No need to get personal. As I originally stated, I don’t know the answer. But there is a lot of evidence out there to say that nut allergies are NOT airborne. I’m sure everyone reacts differently, so maybe there is no correct answer. However, if you’re going to claim that because some airlines have banned nuts it means it is a medical fact that nut allergies can be airborne, I could claim that because the majority of airlines haven’t banned nuts then it is a medical fact that nut allergies are not airborne. I have done some very basic and quick research and here is what I have found:


https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.allergicliving.com/experts/ ... eanutnuts/



I don’t need to back it up, every medical condition is going to have some “scientist” trying to debunk it, the amount of people that have had reactions to airborne particals is high, they may be studying if it is possible or not, however they are yet to prove that it doesn’t... and contrary to what they say, they are still unable to explain why all these people have had reactions to particles, as for a medical fact... I’m married to a doctor, I trust the doctor over some over exaggerated article somewhere on the internet from some back street professor, when the medical industry formally announces that it isn’t possible and it doesn’t happen then I’ll belive it, however between now and then, it is WIDELY accepted in the medical community that this is actually an issue... so much so that airlines like southwest have stopped nuts onboard for that exact reason! Just look up why southwest and several MAJOR airlines have stopped serving nuts... it’s because people have allergies to them!


Yes, I understand it is widely accepted that these allergies are airborne, however lots of things are widely accepted and are then proven wrong. I first heard about airborne nut allergies not being proven by someone on these forums. I’m not allergic to nuts so I haven’t researched in-depth but I am open to looking at it from both sides.

Your point regarding the airlines adds absolutely nothing to this argument, however. SEVERAL major airlines may have stopped serving nuts, but what about all the airlines that do?

Anyway, we are obviously not getting anywhere, I was just trying to look at it from a different angle and trying to provide some evidence. But you know better so we will leave it there.
712 738 744 752 762 763 764 320 321 332 F70 Q400
BE BY DL MT PC V7 VS WA ZB 6Y
 
bgm
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:46 am

FriscoHeavy wrote:
Chalk me up as to one who does not know who this no-name 'pop star' is. Never heard the name in my life. Pretty sure she shouldn't be treated any differently than anyone else.


Just because you don’t know her, of course she can’t be famous, right?

UA screwing up again, lol.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:48 am

Virginblue4 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:
Virginblue4 wrote:

No need to get personal. As I originally stated, I don’t know the answer. But there is a lot of evidence out there to say that nut allergies are NOT airborne. I’m sure everyone reacts differently, so maybe there is no correct answer. However, if you’re going to claim that because some airlines have banned nuts it means it is a medical fact that nut allergies can be airborne, I could claim that because the majority of airlines haven’t banned nuts then it is a medical fact that nut allergies are not airborne. I have done some very basic and quick research and here is what I have found:


https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.peanutsusa.com/about-peanut ... facts.html

https://www.allergicliving.com/experts/ ... eanutnuts/



I don’t need to back it up, every medical condition is going to have some “scientist” trying to debunk it, the amount of people that have had reactions to airborne particals is high, they may be studying if it is possible or not, however they are yet to prove that it doesn’t... and contrary to what they say, they are still unable to explain why all these people have had reactions to particles, as for a medical fact... I’m married to a doctor, I trust the doctor over some over exaggerated article somewhere on the internet from some back street professor, when the medical industry formally announces that it isn’t possible and it doesn’t happen then I’ll belive it, however between now and then, it is WIDELY accepted in the medical community that this is actually an issue... so much so that airlines like southwest have stopped nuts onboard for that exact reason! Just look up why southwest and several MAJOR airlines have stopped serving nuts... it’s because people have allergies to them!


Yes, I understand it is widely accepted that these allergies are airborne, however lots of things are widely accepted and are then proven wrong. I first heard about airborne nut allergies not being proven by someone on these forums. I’m not allergic to nuts so I haven’t researched in-depth but I am open to looking at it from both sides.

Your point regarding the airlines adds absolutely nothing to this argument, however. SEVERAL major airlines may have stopped serving nuts, but what about all the airlines that do?

Anyway, we are obviously not getting anywhere, I was just trying to look at it from a different angle and trying to provide some evidence. But you know better so we will leave it there.


Plenty of things are proven wrong... however airborne nut particals causing anaphylactic shock is still yet to physically be proven wrong, the airlines that haven’t banned nuts ask passengers to not consume nuts onboard and they don’t serve them onboard for that flight, the airline I fly for hasn’t stopped serving nuts onboard, however even my airline recognizes that airborne nut particles are a risk, and have a protocol in place for any passengers onboard with nut allergies, they wouldn’t do that if it was just BS, and airlines like southwest kind of does prove something, why would they bother not having nuts onboard if the particles aren’t a risk to passengers? Because if the dust particles were just a myth then the airlines would continue to have them onboard because anyone with a nut allergy isn’t going to order them, and they aren’t likely to come into contact if the only way to cause anaphylaxis is if you physically consume them. So it says a lot actually, that a several airlines have stopped selling & serving them onboard.

I don’t have a nut allergy, however I have had several passengers that have had reactions to nuts given it was their only known allergy, and they hadn’t come in contact with them, alongside that I’m married to a doctor and have flown for multiple airlines that all recognize that dust particles are a risk and all of them have protocol in place along with the appropriate medical training for crew to recognize and deal with anaphylaxis, as well as being certified to administer the appropriate medication.
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
FatCat
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:30 am

"one of the biggest Pop Artist", lol
Never heard of her
Last edited by FatCat on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right
 
bgm
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:40 am

FatCat wrote:
"one of the biggest Pop Artist", lol
Never heard of she


Again, just because you’ve not heard of her does not mean she isn’t well known.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
bgm
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:40 am

FatCat wrote:
"one of the biggest Pop Artist", lol
Never heard of she


Again, just because you’ve not heard of her does not mean she isn’t well known.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
uta999
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 am

FatCat wrote:
"one of the biggest Pop Artist", lol
Never heard of she


For those on here over 30 and living under a rock, claiming to have never heard of her, think she is a new artist, or American.

She has been around a while, (here in January 2016), is from London and Kosovo and is not too bad on the eye either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coYCDufkfPM
Your computer just got better
 
FatCat
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:50 am

bgm wrote:
FatCat wrote:
"one of the biggest Pop Artist", lol
Never heard of she


Again, just because you’ve not heard of her does not mean she isn’t well known.

...and being well known by some doesn't mean that she is "one of the biggest pop artists"...
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:52 am

FatCat wrote:
bgm wrote:
FatCat wrote:
"one of the biggest Pop Artist", lol
Never heard of she


Again, just because you’ve not heard of her does not mean she isn’t well known.

...and being well known by some doesn't mean that she is "one of the biggest pop artists"...


Well the hundreds of millions that have listened to her on the radio have, along with the 2.5 million followers and the 1.5 million people that have purchased her album, along with the 8.5 million people that have purchased Calvin Harris’s music, which those 8.5m that purchased his albums will know who she is, because they follow Calvin Harris, just because 20 keyboard warriors that are apparently live under a rock on a forum haven’t heard of her really means absolutely nothing compared to the millions and millions that have! Lol and having sold millions of records world wide, being played across radio stations on 4 continents, I think that makes her one of the biggest pop artists... and good on her too! She has a talent and she’s made a success from it and a contribution to the artistry of the music industry, she must be doing something right to hit the charts worldwide! Just because a few anoraks haven’t heard of her really means nothing lol. I don’t think she will loose any sleep because a few people posting on A.net haven’t heard of her.
Last edited by XLA2008 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:09 am

Virginblue4 wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:
Virginblue4 wrote:

I don’t appreciate name calling. Also I am absolutely not making light of people with allergies, I know how dangerous they can be.

And if you read the articles I posted they are taking their information from other sources e.g. Dr Matthew Greenhawt (paediatric allergist at the University of Michigan).

I’m not saying I don’t believe nut allergies are not airborne, I was actually ASKING a question and seeing if there are more knowledge people with a response. Apparently you can’t do this without being shot down.


Well you kind of brought it on yourself with your snide remark of “can you back this up”

That comment kind of instigates.


Asking someone to back something up rather than just trust their word especially when I have no idea who they are is hardly snide.


A thing that has been backed up about a hundred times here on a.net, but people get desperate when somebody wants to infringe on their god given right to consume peanuts on board an airplane.

And to make another thing completely clear, peanut is not a nut, it is a legume, related to beans, peas, lentils and so on. So it happens that people having a peanut allergy also have a nut allergy, but that is not the same thing.
 
FatCat
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:13 am

XLA2008 wrote:
FatCat wrote:
bgm wrote:

Again, just because you’ve not heard of her does not mean she isn’t well known.

...and being well known by some doesn't mean that she is "one of the biggest pop artists"...


Well the hundreds of millions that have listened to her on the radio have, along with the 2.5 million followers and the 1.5 million people that have purchased her album, along with the 8.5 million people that have purchased Calvin Harris’s music, which those 8.5m that purchased his albums will know who she is, because they follow Calvin Harris, just because 20 keyboard warriors that are apparently live under a rock on a forum haven’t heard of her really means absolutely nothing compared to the millions and millions that have! Lol and having sold millions of records world wide, being played across radio stations on 4 continents, I think that makes her one of the biggest pop artists... and good on her too! She has a talent and she’s made a success from it and a contribution to the artistry of the music industry, she must be doing something right to hit the charts worldwide! Just because a few anoraks haven’t heard of her really means nothing lol. I don’t think she will loose any sleep because a few people posting on A.net haven’t heard of her.

Chill out mate, you're not her agent :white:
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:15 am

FatCat wrote:
XLA2008 wrote:
FatCat wrote:
...and being well known by some doesn't mean that she is "one of the biggest pop artists"...


Well the hundreds of millions that have listened to her on the radio have, along with the 2.5 million followers and the 1.5 million people that have purchased her album, along with the 8.5 million people that have purchased Calvin Harris’s music, which those 8.5m that purchased his albums will know who she is, because they follow Calvin Harris, just because 20 keyboard warriors that are apparently live under a rock on a forum haven’t heard of her really means absolutely nothing compared to the millions and millions that have! Lol and having sold millions of records world wide, being played across radio stations on 4 continents, I think that makes her one of the biggest pop artists... and good on her too! She has a talent and she’s made a success from it and a contribution to the artistry of the music industry, she must be doing something right to hit the charts worldwide! Just because a few anoraks haven’t heard of her really means nothing lol. I don’t think she will loose any sleep because a few people posting on A.net haven’t heard of her.

Chill out mate, you're not her agent :white:


Not trying to be lol, I don’t even follow her music, merely pointing out the fact that because you don’t know of her and a tiny portion of people on A.net might not, doesn’t mean she isn’t one of the biggest pop icons right now. And it clearly shows given that United have made headlines over her one tweet.
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
Amiga500
Posts: 2237
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:22 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:41 am

AtomicGarden wrote:
How dangerous is peanut contact for an allergic person? let's say I throw a peanut at this girls face. Of course, I know ingesting it is a nono.


Forget about physical contact - even traces within the air can be enough. Some "alternate" folks believe different. But the recycling of air on an aircraft makes it unlike most environments.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news ... -reaction/
 
rbavfan
Posts: 3140
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am

DDR wrote:
FriscoHeavy wrote:
Chalk me up as to one who does not know who this no-name 'pop star' is. Never heard the name in my life. Pretty sure she shouldn't be treated any differently than anyone else.


You aren't alone. I've never heard of her.


Now everyone will no who she is. So a You Tube want to be that got a contract. Note the sarcasm. She's had that contract sense 2015 and we have not heard of her. That should let us all know how everywhere she thinks she was.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:17 am

StrandedAtMKG wrote:
[
In any event, as someone who has a pretty severe allergy to something I could easily encounter out in the world (latex), [color=#FF40BF]it's not other people's responsibility to protect me from that allergy[/color]. I protect myself the best I can, and I do carry an Epi-Pen in case of a rare situation where I wasn't able to avoid latex. If you're that sensitive to peanuts that you'll have a reaction to another person eating peanuts in a row behind you, maybe you should reconsider going outside.


:checkmark:

That.

Exactly. What were all these *acutely & severely allergic to X* people doing back when the whole world at large was not supposed to be shielding them from their own personal kryptonite?
 
Atlwarrior
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:42 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:31 am

I could care less about pop star status. Furthermore if she is such a pop star she should have enough money to take a private jet or request the very front seats in first class.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5396
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:02 am

Forget the fame.

Something switched in the US a few years ago.

There were so many requests for special treatment that they stopped the “this is a peanut free flight because someone has an allergy” and started trying to accomodate people on a row by row basis.

There are people with real peanut allergies that suffer because of this.

But the change in policy was necessry because the United States has become a politically-correct, self-obsessed society, where everyone that has any problem at all is a victim that everyone else has to accomodate.

The last 5 years or so have seen airlines make policy that reflects the new reality and indemnifies them from litigation. “We will try to accomodate you, but can not guarantee it.”
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:10 am

oldannyboy wrote:
StrandedAtMKG wrote:
[
In any event, as someone who has a pretty severe allergy to something I could easily encounter out in the world (latex), [color=#FF40BF]it's not other people's responsibility to protect me from that allergy[/color]. I protect myself the best I can, and I do carry an Epi-Pen in case of a rare situation where I wasn't able to avoid latex. If you're that sensitive to peanuts that you'll have a reaction to another person eating peanuts in a row behind you, maybe you should reconsider going outside.


:checkmark:

That.

Exactly. What were all these *acutely & severely allergic to X* people doing back when the whole world at large was not supposed to be shielding them from their own personal kryptonite?


Dying?
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Topic Author
Posts: 1515
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:10 pm

StrandedAtMKG wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
A quick Google search would answer many of the posts here.


You're the one who made the assertion that because this person is (allegedly) famous that their concerns about what happened on this flight are somehow noteworthy and more worthy of attention than the thousands of other people who were disappointed by United Airlines today. Don't come for us just because we don't know who some third-rate one-hit-wonder British popstar is.


How is it my job to do the research for you? I brought up the event, typed up a post and did my part to share the news. If you do not know Dua Lipa, it is irrelevant to the thread, and, that is on you to go find out if you so chose to. If you don't want to search for it, what good does saying "I don't know her" on this thread do? I said she was a famous pop artists at the moment, which is all the info you need. If you wanna know more about her it's on you. If I don't know the CEO on a thread here, I look him up and not make 5 posts on a thread without adding anything to the conversation.
@DadCelo
 
ILS28ORD
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:02 pm

If she's such a big, world-famous pop star than surely she can afford to fly private.
 
musman9853
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:22 pm

AtomicGarden wrote:
How dangerous is peanut contact for an allergic person? let's say I throw a peanut at this girls face. Of course, I know ingesting it is a nono.



It depends. Some people require ingestion for an effect. Some people can react with particulates floating in the air.
Welcome to the City Beautiful.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:26 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
StrandedAtMKG wrote:
[
In any event, as someone who has a pretty severe allergy to something I could easily encounter out in the world (latex), [color=#FF40BF]it's not other people's responsibility to protect me from that allergy[/color]. I protect myself the best I can, and I do carry an Epi-Pen in case of a rare situation where I wasn't able to avoid latex. If you're that sensitive to peanuts that you'll have a reaction to another person eating peanuts in a row behind you, maybe you should reconsider going outside.


:checkmark:

That.

Exactly. What were all these *acutely & severely allergic to X* people doing back when the whole world at large was not supposed to be shielding them from their own personal kryptonite?


Dying?


Well, I don't know how and why people would expect to be provided with an allergen-free environment on an aircraft really.....
If their allergy is so serious that having someone in the row behind munching on a bag of peanuts could endanger their lives, then perhaps they should re-consider travelling and flying altogether, and maybe just stay home all day wearing a mask and protective clothing...
I mean, do we seriously believe that an airline should be responsible for providing a sterile environment??
It's up to them to protect themselves, and certainly not up to the crew.
 
MCIRNO
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Since this allergy is such a MAJOR issue to this woman, did she tell UA when she bought the ticket about this? Or is this one of those "wait until I'm sitting in the seat and then complain that an airline didn't accommodate me/myself/and I"?

A couple years ago I was flying to Hawaii and the FAs made an announcement stating that they couldn't give out macadamia nuts during the flight. A few of us asked about it and they explained that someone, during the boarding process, decided to tell them that they needed to have a nut-free environment. The FAs apologized and said that if that person(s) would have told the airline earlier, even up to the point of telling the check-in agent that morning, they could have loaded on something else to compensate. It was interesting watching a young family on the same flight feed their kids a couple pb&j sandwiches for breakfast...the flight left at 7am and those kids needed something to eat, so I completely understood why they fed them anyway, regardless of whoever was on-board.

My biggest problem isn't that some have these allergies; that's life. My problem is that some of these ones flip out when others decline to immediately adjust/adapt to their needs instantly.
 
Ufsatp
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:48 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
StrandedAtMKG wrote:
[
In any event, as someone who has a pretty severe allergy to something I could easily encounter out in the world (latex), [color=#FF40BF]it's not other people's responsibility to protect me from that allergy[/color]. I protect myself the best I can, and I do carry an Epi-Pen in case of a rare situation where I wasn't able to avoid latex. If you're that sensitive to peanuts that you'll have a reaction to another person eating peanuts in a row behind you, maybe you should reconsider going outside.


:checkmark:

That.

Exactly. What were all these *acutely & severely allergic to X* people doing back when the whole world at large was not supposed to be shielding them from their own personal kryptonite?


Dying?


Yep! My wife gets a severe asthma attack from cigarette smoke. It gets real bad. I asked her once what would have happened if she had been born in the 50’s when smoking was everywhere vs the 90’s when better thinking took over. Her response was “I doubt I would have lived past 10 years old....”
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 9482
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:50 pm

DDR wrote:
Why didn't the flight attendant just say that UA does not serve pre-packaged peanuts. His response was a little "dramatic."

How do you know she didn't say that?
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:22 pm

Amiga500 wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:
How dangerous is peanut contact for an allergic person? let's say I throw a peanut at this girls face. Of course, I know ingesting it is a nono.


Forget about physical contact - even traces within the air can be enough. Some "alternate" folks believe different. But the recycling of air on an aircraft makes it unlike most environments.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news ... -reaction/


Well my take (and I admit not being very politically correct, but frankly I couldn't care less) is that Fay's mother should have not taken her daughter on a flight. Certainly she could not expect the whole world to bend over backwards because her daughter has an allergy, and surely not expect a foreigner who speaks little to no English to understand one single announcement from the crew. She is the one who needs to protect her. Perhaps travelling to Tenerife on Ryanair is not a viable option for a family with a sick child.
I know it sucks, but this is the hard-to-swallow reality of the fact.
 
BC77008
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:52 pm

We're only getting Dua Lipa's side of events. Why would the flight attendant say they can't NOT serve nuts when United doesn't even serve prepackaged peanuts? I don't know, perhaps Dua Lipa is LYING! Maybe the flight attendant said they can't serve nuts not that they can't NOT serve nuts.
MY favorite airline and hub is bigger and/or better than YOUR favorite airline and hub!
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:59 pm

A lot of posters here are just plain disgusting. There are people with allergies, they need some consideration to be able to travel. What is the problem with not consuming peanuts on some flights? Are people here really that self centered? Why is an airplane a special place place in regards to allergies? Because it is a small enclosed space with recirculated air.

One does something, that is simply to avoid, that hurts other people, just because one simply can not be bothered to account for the needs of other people?
 
ACDC8
Posts: 7758
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:14 pm

jetblueguy22 wrote:
I have a severe peanut allergy, and you know how I ensure I'm going to be safe? Carry an epi pen. I mean good Lord, it's not that difficult. It's my problem, not every one else's on the plane.

You mean personal responsibility and an epipen is more effective than a Tweet? :eyepopping:
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut
 
jetblueguy22
Posts: 3186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:14 pm

I have a severe peanut allergy, and you know how I ensure I'm going to be safe? Carry an epi pen. I mean good Lord, it's not that difficult. It's my problem, not every one else's on the plane.

I don't know why people have to project their problems on the world like it's their fault. I will mention it to a waiter/waitress at a restaurant just to be safe, but I don't expect the world to be my personal safe zone. The UA F/A should have handled it professionally, but I have to imagine they get so many snowflakes that it just gets old.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2157
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:20 pm

The flight attendant might have been a bit direct in the answer, but it was the truth. I don't understand why this Lua Dipa character thinks this is world news.
 
Aptivaboy
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:25 pm

I often bash United, but I won't here. I'm at a loss to state what else the FA could have said. Perhaps he or she could have worded things a bit more gently, but the gist of what was said wasn't wrong. I'm a teacher. I have honestly had students tell me that they have nut allergies and I've said virtually the same thing that the FA said. I'll tell them that there's no food allowed in my room (okay, that's different) but that I can't guarantee some knucklehead won't bring something into the room and do you carry an epi pen? Again, we can debate the level of tact and gentleness that could have been used in any conversation, but what the FA said wasn't wrong.
 
aviationjunky
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:32 pm

I think my favorite part about this post is that people are trashing Dua Lipa and her music because she brought up a valid issue on flights. If you were on a flight and your sister was allergic to peanuts and the slightest HINT of a peanut sent her into anaphylactic shock, you would also be a little upset that the flight attendant didn't take the allergen seriously. The fact that she is a pop star has nothing to do with the severity of the issue.
LAS is Life
 
blooc350
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:57 pm

YellowJ wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
Before all the "why do we care?" comments, she's one of the biggest pop artist at the moment and is sure to get some attention, so I thought it was worth posting. And for those who do know follow pop culture, she's a pop singer with multiple top 10 hits in the last 2 years.


She is NOT one of the biggest pop stars at the moment. Nowhere near it in fact.



Exactly, shes up there.........BUT shes no Beyonce
 
blooc350
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Aptivaboy wrote:
I often bash United, but I won't here. I'm at a loss to state what else the FA could have said. Perhaps he or she could have worded things a bit more gently, but the gist of what was said wasn't wrong. I'm a teacher. I have honestly had students tell me that they have nut allergies and I've said virtually the same thing that the FA said. I'll tell them that there's no food allowed in my room (okay, that's different) but that I can't guarantee some knucklehead won't bring something into the room and do you carry an epi pen? Again, we can debate the level of tact and gentleness that could have been used in any conversation, but what the FA said wasn't wrong.



Exactly and this is the area where U.S carriers lack, the SOFT SKILL. The situation could have been handled alot differently if the FA knew how to use his words properly.
 
audunj
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:03 pm

FWIW, I was on a flight (albeit a different airline) the other day and one of the FAs gave an announcement saying there was someone on board with a peanut allergy and to please not eat peanuts on the flight. Even if just for show, that kind of response seems easy enough and far more courteous than what this FA did.
 
JayBCNLON
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:13 pm

Re: Dua Lipa Criticizes United Flight Attendant on Twitter Over Response to Sister's Nut Allergy

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:22 pm

She is indeed very famous around the world and her music is cool, game-changing. I recommend those with more „historical“ names referring to airplanes out of production for decades or airlines that have gone out of business more than 20 years ago to concede that they might not be the best to comment here :)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos