axiom

Re: TATL Announcements for 2019

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:06 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
GSP psgr wrote:
I have to guess that the odds of LH starting PHL-MUC next year just shot way up after AA announced they're moving the route to Charlotte.

Why? It's not a major market. I highly doubt that ever launches. PHL-FRA has historically not been the best for them; even saw their low-cost "Jump" service for a bit.

Why? As a defensive measure against AA's moves in CLT. I don't see it happening, but it's an interesting possibility. Something will give - I can't see CLT sustaining all that service. Will there be a truce?

It isn't very accurate to describe Jump as low cost. No product difference, only internal cost-saving measures and a different premium cabin mix. In any case, it's ending. It does mean that LH was serving a lower volume of J clientele, but it's still a LH aircraft with the same solid premium product thaf beats most of the other offers across the pond.

flymco753

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 pm

Midwest2K wrote:
klm617 wrote:
EI DTW-DUB
DL DTW-DUB/MAN
DY DTW-LGW/DUB
DE DTW-FRA
KL DTW-AMS

Source or wish list? Is there demand for 3 carriers on FRA-DTW?
This definitely seems to be a wishlist since the only logical options on this is the 2nd one. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd say a 3rd carrier would survive. DE could offer 3x weekly service to cover the lower yielding club to FRA. It's the largest international market from DTW.

I can see a few things happening for DTW in terms of TATL:
EI or DL to DUB is bound to happen, if it doesn't in 2018 it will in 19.
DY to LGW is an example of less than daily service that should work.
That's it.

I stick hopeful to my DL MCO-CDG.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

klm617

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:11 am

Midwest2K wrote:
klm617 wrote:
EI DTW-DUB
DL DTW-DUB/MAN
DY DTW-LGW/DUB
DE DTW-FRA
KL DTW-AMS

DE twice weekly on DTW-FRA is certainly feasible at one time DTW-FRA was flown 4 times daily out of Detroit 2X on NW and 2X on LH while times have changed it's not hard to imagine either DE or LH adding capacity during the summer.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

klm617

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:15 am

flymco753 wrote:
Midwest2K wrote:
klm617 wrote:
EI DTW-DUB
DL DTW-DUB/MAN
DY DTW-LGW/DUB
DE DTW-FRA
KL DTW-AMS

This definitely seems to be a wishlist since the only logical options on this is the 2nd one. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd say a 3rd carrier would survive. DE could offer 3x weekly service to cover the lower yielding club to FRA. It's the largest international market from DTW.

I can see a few things happening for DTW in terms of TATL:
EI or DL to DUB is bound to happen, if it doesn't in 2018 it will in 19.
DY to LGW is an example of less than daily service that should work.
That's it.

I stick hopeful to my DL MCO-CDG.

Well if the airport is Smart they will go after EI as their service would be year round plus provide an different level of pricing compared to Delta who will over price the route and operate it summer only not to mention great connections to the whole of England something this market is lacking .
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

axiom

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:28 pm

DL TPA-AMS begins 23 May.

DL is also doubling capacity on JFK-TPA.

DeltaRules

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 pm

flyPIT wrote:
acentauri wrote:
.Further, the lack of substantial, provable evidence of the benefits for the $3M expenditure (ROI) is what the Institute is hitting on and I agree. An even more ? investment is the Chinese charter, which I'm surprised AI hasn't pounded on. Here's another more general position paper from the same source: http://www.alleghenyinstitute.org/wp-co ... l18No7.pdf .
My ?s regarding PIT's international growth is not about stopping it, it's about moving it lock and step with the region's ability to support it. Psychologically, it will likely be more difficult for the city to accept, for example, the loss of the BA LHR flight in a year or 2 than never getting a DUB flight from EI, or any of the other myriad of international LCCs, which could compromise BA's tenure. I also believe the seasonal DL CDG flight will negatively affect the profitability of the BA LHR flight.
This is false; the PIT-CDG flight is not subsidized. It also states "Airlines are not in business to lose money and low or falling load factors accompanied by the end of subsidies could and probably will lead to some reductions in service.". Well that hasn't happened with the PIT-CDG flight, has it? Plus DE and WW have actually increased flights and their subsidy period isn't even over yet.

So no more Allegheny Institute please. So far the DL flight has been 8 years without a subsidy. I see no reason why BA, DE, and WW won't be successful either. A short term subsidy to show a city has skin in the game might be what it takes for a carrier to begin service; that does not mean the service will be a failure the moment it runs out. If the AIlegheny Institute had their way PIT might have the same Europe service as CMH, which would be a shame as PIT so far has supported its flights. BA, whose parent company also owns EI, is not entering PIT just to drop it in two years so I don't think you are giving the planners there enough credit.

It just did.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

flyPIT

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:43 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
flyPIT wrote:
acentauri wrote:
.Further, the lack of substantial, provable evidence of the benefits for the $3M expenditure (ROI) is what the Institute is hitting on and I agree. An even more ? investment is the Chinese charter, which I'm surprised AI hasn't pounded on. Here's another more general position paper from the same source: http://www.alleghenyinstitute.org/wp-co ... l18No7.pdf .
My ?s regarding PIT's international growth is not about stopping it, it's about moving it lock and step with the region's ability to support it. Psychologically, it will likely be more difficult for the city to accept, for example, the loss of the BA LHR flight in a year or 2 than never getting a DUB flight from EI, or any of the other myriad of international LCCs, which could compromise BA's tenure. I also believe the seasonal DL CDG flight will negatively affect the profitability of the BA LHR flight.
This is false; the PIT-CDG flight is not subsidized. It also states "Airlines are not in business to lose money and low or falling load factors accompanied by the end of subsidies could and probably will lead to some reductions in service.". Well that hasn't happened with the PIT-CDG flight, has it? Plus DE and WW have actually increased flights and their subsidy period isn't even over yet.

So no more Allegheny Institute please. So far the DL flight has been 8 years without a subsidy. I see no reason why BA, DE, and WW won't be successful either. A short term subsidy to show a city has skin in the game might be what it takes for a carrier to begin service; that does not mean the service will be a failure the moment it runs out. If the AIlegheny Institute had their way PIT might have the same Europe service as CMH, which would be a shame as PIT so far has supported its flights. BA, whose parent company also owns EI, is not entering PIT just to drop it in two years so I don't think you are giving the planners there enough credit.

It just did.

What are you talking about? I was responding to the notion that a subsidized flight will end when the subsidy ends. PIT-CDG OTOH has gone 8 years after its subsidy ended. Its ending because of newer competition at PIT, not because of a subsidy ending.
FLYi

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos