NZ321
Topic Author

Malaysia Aviation Thread

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi all. I'll start by saying that it may be time to have a Malaysia Aviation Thread. Many countries have this.

Lots of developments here - both with Malindo, Flyglobal and Malaysia Airlines to name a few. Airbus interest in a FAL in Malaysia.

So rather than separate threads why don't we have one thread which is dedicated to airline developments in Malaysia? Just like they do in New Zealand, Australia, etc....
Plane mad!

NZ321
Topic Author

Re: Malaysia Aviation Thread

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:24 pm

I'll start the ball rolling by asking an interesting question: How is the integration of the ex Air Berlin A330-200 aircraft going at MH? I notice that MH have 9M-FSL, a Flyglobal B773 ex EK operating on sectors previously assigned to A332 (such as AKL-KUL tonight). Why is this? Can anybody shed any light on this? Has this to do with the incident at BNE the other day with the pitot tubes or is it completely unrelated? Is it to do with problems they are encountering with integration of the (new) ex Air Berlin aircraft? Is it still in unmodified EK config or has the cabin been updated? What is the reason for this lease?
Plane mad!

TheFlyingDisk

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:46 pm

NZ321 wrote:
I'll start the ball rolling by asking an interesting question: How is the integration of the ex Air Berlin A330-200 aircraft going at MH? I notice that MH have 9M-FSL, a Flyglobal B773 ex EK operating on sectors previously assigned to A332 (such as AKL-KUL tonight). Why is this? Can anybody shed any light on this? Has this to do with the incident at BNE the other day with the pitot tubes or is it completely unrelated? Is it to do with problems they are encountering with integration of the (new) ex Air Berlin aircraft? Is it still in unmodified EK config or has the cabin been updated? What is the reason for this lease?

Information gleaned from others show that there's an acute shortage of pilots.

https://www.malaymail.com/s/1656398/mal ... s-says-ceo
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

flee

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:51 pm

FR24's tracking has gone haywire. 9M-FSL flying for MH is actually 9M-MTW.

NZ321
Topic Author

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Thank you for the update that it's MTW. I hoped so.
Plane mad!

JeremyXWB

Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Trying to keep the ball rolling here. Forgive me if I were to resurrect an old topic as I don't see any recent updates about it, but what is the actual status of the rebranding of OD to Batik Air Malaysia? They seem to have an issue with their brand identity as there are 3 mix and match liveries in their fleet at the moment!

Some of the planes have been repainted into Batik Air Malaysia colors

Some of them are still maintained in the old OD colors

And then there's also some in the hybrid OD / Batik Air livery

(This mess kind of reminds me of the time when MH had 4 different liveries spanning across its fleet at one time not so long ago)

And what about their ATR operations at SZB though? Were they originally going to be part of the rebranding exercise as well?

artofzen

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:13 pm

Indigo plans to launch KL somewhere between October and March, will it work considering other Indian carriers left?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos