Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

nmdrdh787

Re: Georgia governor suspends fuel tax to avoid penalizing Delta at Atlanta hub

Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm

compensateme wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

The discussion is not about Amazon, it is about principles (vs) incentives.

I think thrown enough incentives, no American corporation would care what happened to Delta, others think differently.

The main theme is still on-topic.

Oh. my. god. You were the one that took it off thread into a "OMG MICHIGAN THREW 4BILLION AT AMAZON BUT THEY DIDNT BITE" track. Check yourself before your wreck yourself. I was just catching it before it turned into a "WHY DOES DTW NOT HAVE ATL SERVICE" thread like it always does with you.

American corporations are sensitive to the business landscape, and the political one too. They want the best for themselves. Could you have imagined if the tax went through and how much legal money the Feds and Delta would have thrown to squash it. I seriously imagine if Amazon saw it go through, they would have pulled ATL from the canidancy, because they would have been fearful if they made a political statement. It would have made me look elsewhere, like I am in regards to the state of Illinois. Government shaming,punishing and humiliating business based off of politics needs to stop. It's sickening.

Dude, there’s something wrong with you. Get help. Maybe one of your other dozen IDs/personalities is a psychologist that can pretend to help you.

If you want to say something like this to me, then PM me.

CMHARJ

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:03 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
winginit wrote:

It's hardly the size of the Delta incentive that matters. What could matter to Amazon is that the political landscape in Georgia is such that what was perceived as a political stance by Delta lead to the reaction that we saw - a reaction that was truly unprecedented. That in and of itself could be enough to spook Amazon.

Are you saying even if GA/Atlanta offers $10B incentives Amazon will not open HQ2 there based on some perception based on Delta incentives? The answer is No.

Even Seattle thinks Amazon screwed-up their real estate market and started taxing heavily.

HQ2 will result in WFR at HQ1, How should Seattle feel about Amazon starting HQ2 bidding process?

Companies always scout for next big incentive or next cheap labor destination.

Michigan was never in the running for HQ2. Nor is Chicago in my eyes, as much as I try to root for this place. Northern states are not friendly to large corporations. Don't get me started on my escapade to get foriegn qualification to operate in IL... With a business that has no assets right now.

I really think Amazon is looking at a southern, low tax, business friendly city. ATL prob doesn't fit that, but I could see another city fit the bill. (I forgot the rest off of the top of my head)

Hell, they could go after CMH or PIT. We don't know. The process is so secretive for a reason.

Michigan can throw some incentives at me to move my business there, as we are exploring a move to GRR right now :D

I know it's not 100% airline related, but busineeses aren't basing their determination of location if a state/city, is union friendly or not. They're looking for a location that's willing to let them set up shop for free with all the perks and glory. Look at the Missouri election going on in regards to Right to Work. You have one side stating that if you pass RTW, every single business will want to flock to that state. On the other side, they're saying that's not true. Businesses are looking for states that are willing to charge as little taxes as possible. If "business friendly, anti union states" are what corporations are looking for, then the Great Plains (ND, SD, NE, KS, OK,) and Deep South (AL, MS, LA, AR) should be florishing with nonstop corporations and manufactoring since they've had RTW laws for YEARS. That's not the case. IMO, here's what businesses look at in regards to relocation:

1) Little to no taxes charged
2) Perks and freebie giveaways
3) Educated workforce
4) Being able to draw in people to employe
5) Culture
6) Labor/Management

Once a corporation locates to a state/city and receives all the tax freebies, once the honeymoon period ends, that corporation will hold that state hostage. Either you continue to give us the cookie jar, or we'll locate somewhere else.

TVNWZ

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 pm

CMHARJ nails it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos