Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25557
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:22 pm

CZ resumption was announced back in June. Its not a new event.
 
TK773ER
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:08 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:25 am

Here is a clip of the new IST airport ( In Turkish ) apparently 95% complete let's see if remaining 5% is complete by late October https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz1A3vDoSAs
 
gokmengs
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:01 am

TK773ER wrote:
Here is a clip of the new IST airport ( In Turkish ) apparently 95% complete let's see if remaining 5% is complete by late October https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz1A3vDoSAs

Thanks for sharing, being at work could only watch some of it, will watch the rest later. Slightly off-topic but how you encore a tv show and not speak Turkish fluently, amazing:)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:43 am

TK773ER wrote:
Here is a clip of the new IST airport ( In Turkish ) apparently 95% complete let's see if remaining 5% is complete by late October https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz1A3vDoSAs

I thought the video is old looking at the USD/TL exchange rate at the bottom right corner.
But no, this video is only 10 days old, since then TL lost yet another 7% of its value against the USD :(
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25557
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:52 pm

TK selected Rockwell Collins MiQ seat for the business class cabin of its fleet of A321NEO on MAX.

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Data/Ne ... lines.aspx

Image
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:15 pm

LAXintl wrote:
TK selected Rockwell Collins MiQ seat for the business class cabin of its fleet of A321NEO on MAX.


And all this time since the first TK 321NEO delivery I thought these Business Class seats were made in Turkey by the Turkish Seat Industries. I guess, TSI only makes the Economy Class seats, correct?
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:28 pm

TK787 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
TK selected Rockwell Collins MiQ seat for the business class cabin of its fleet of A321NEO on MAX.


And all this time since the first TK 321NEO delivery I thought these Business Class seats were made in Turkey by the Turkish Seat Industries. I guess, TSI only makes the Economy Class seats, correct?


http://tsiseats.com/eng/products/business/

According to this, they have a Biz class seat too. I wonder why TK went with the MiQ instead.
 
User avatar
itripreport
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Has anyone seen pictures of TK's MAX?
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:00 pm

TK is launching a flight between Berlin and Antalya using an A321 once weekly. Here is the schedule.

TK1284 TXL departure (Friday) 2145 – 0205 +1 AYT arrival
TK1285 AYT departure (Saturday early morning) 0345 – 0605 TXL arrival

These will probably be operated by the aircraft that does TK1727 to Berlin although exceptions happen sometimes.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:08 am

Hi guys, does anyone knows what happened to Onur Air A330-243 TC-OCH, the one which landed without landing gear at Jeddah on May 21st 2018?
 
stylo777
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:19 am

There is a picture going around the web stating that TK has been awarded with the "best maintenance" and "least risky airline for crashs"....
is there even an award like this or is it just false "propaganda" for the unknowledgable ones?
 
User avatar
globetrotter94
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 am

LAXintl wrote:
TK selected Rockwell Collins MiQ seat for the business class cabin of its fleet of A321NEO on MAX.

https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Data/Ne ... lines.aspx

Image


Any further news on what the business seats on the 787-9s will be?
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:47 pm

TK to go double daily from BHX (Birmingham) in S19. Nice to see TK expanding there. An update on the A321neo, it seems to be allocated to Manchester and Abu Dhabi now. Today it operated TK1975/1976 to Dublin (my city!) instead of Manchester because Manchester had an A333. I'm surprised to not see it allocated to London, Paris or Amsterdam to be honest.
 
1g
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 pm

TK in talks with National Geographic to make their big 'migration' to the new airport into a documentary.
http://www.kokpit.aero/thy-tasinma-belgesel
 
sand26391
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:07 pm

IndiGo (6E) is conducting internal hiring for opening a base (station) at IST as they will get their 1st A321N in Oct. No dates set for IST launch, but the airline definitely has plans to connect Istanbul to Indian cities (DEL/BOM/BLR/HYD probably).
 
stylo777
Posts: 2811
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:32 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:19 pm

sand26391 wrote:
IndiGo (6E) is conducting internal hiring for opening a base (station) at IST as they will get their 1st A321N in Oct. No dates set for IST launch, but the airline definitely has plans to connect Istanbul to Indian cities (DEL/BOM/BLR/HYD probably).

Good news and very beneficial for TK if that's going to happen. As far as I remember, this way a few more slots will become available according to the current TUR-IND bileterals.
 
sand26391
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:53 pm

I personally do hope 1 day 6E does have a codeshare or an interline agreement with TK, but not sure about it to be honest.
Fingers crossed. Will update once I get more news regarding 6E launch to IST.
 
aldrigsomandre
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:42 pm

sand26391 wrote:
I personally do hope 1 day 6E does have a codeshare or an interline agreement with TK, but not sure about it to be honest.
Fingers crossed. Will update once I get more news regarding 6E launch to IST.


Will IST be their first Neo route?
 
sand26391
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:42 pm

^^ Could be, but I don't think it will. It will be HKG/HKT AFAIK.
 
User avatar
globetrotter94
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:05 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:56 am

sand26391 wrote:
I personally do hope 1 day 6E does have a codeshare or an interline agreement with TK, but not sure about it to be honest.
Fingers crossed. Will update once I get more news regarding 6E launch to IST.


Unlikely, since TK and AI are codeshare partners for IND-TUR.

6E flight will probably be DEL-IST-DEL.

I too am hoping for expansion of bilaterals, but I wonder if one flight from an Indian carrier will exert sufficient pressure, or if there should be at least 2 flights from the Indian side. In that case, another 6E connection from BOM would do the trick, or if AI or 9W begin to see potential in the route as well.
 
User avatar
mafaky
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:30 pm

TK787 wrote:
-3rd runway is very important, should be ready end of next year, IIRC. mafaky could tell us the details.
-789 first routes will be Atlanta, Dulles and Denpasar second half of 2019. I think we will see South American destinations added.
-About 350. I am not sure if TK will go for the 350ULR or 350-1000, Instead I'd like to see some 777-900s.


A rather delayed answer; hopefully can post it before August ends.

1) The 3rd Runway Set at INA:
The first two runways sets were built on relatively favorable land piece. Sure a lot of earth rehab had to be done, but these were pretty easy when compared to the 3rd runway's infrastructure. Here a lot of earth leveling and filling/compressing has to be done. So both time and money will be consumed!... Actually some works did start around 8 months ago, but later halted to focus all man power and financial power to complete the Phase 1A. (3rd RWY is Phase 1B). I would expect, at the best, 3rd RWY to be ready and operational by mid-2020 but not earlier...That brings us to S20 timetable, where INA's traffic will be maximised due to the seasonal activity.

2) About TK's possible purchasing of the 359ULR:
Difficult question to judge and forecast. First keep in mind that 359ULR has been ordered only by SQ and in a specific and unorthodox cabin configuration. TK, will never ever go for such a configuration and under their usual cabin layout (esp. considering a 30-36 seat J cabin in 2-2-2)
I don't know if 359ULR can make it to SYD at its MTOW. 351 (or the proposed 351ULR) is also questionable. My gutfeel is that, once the 789 start arriving to the fleet, TK will start Australian ops either with 789s or with the current 77Ws (that will be partly relieved by the introduction of 789s) with a technical stop somewhere in Southeast Asia. If they can also obtain a 5th freedom right, much the better.

However, I also think that maybe 8-10 frames of TK's 25+5 order for 350s may be converted to 351s.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Please continue here: Turkish Aviation September 2018
Moderators; please archive this thread, since I've started the September 2018 thread. Thank you.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos