VFRonTop

Re: Irish 8/18: An august institution

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:47 pm

embraer420 wrote:
And if BA offer club class on their European flights
(Including leisure flights), why can't EI do the same thing? Weren't they supposed to launch a European business cabin called AerSpace a few years ago?

Aer Space was put on the back burner after the IAG purchase. Not sure what the plan is at the moment

Galwayman

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:31 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
embraer420 wrote:
(Including leisure flights), why can't EI do the same thing? Weren't they supposed to launch a European business cabin called AerSpace a few years ago?

Aer Space was put on the back burner after the IAG purchase. Not sure what the plan is at the moment

That’s really interesting and sort of provides further evidence that IAG encourages competitive activities internally on the revenue front and encourages collusion on the costs front , procurement etc .

I wonder what intra European routes we’ll see the A321LR on ... LHR, LGW , AMS, FRA ... and the wide bodies used on the sun high volume routes like AGP at present ..

embraer420

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Galwayman wrote:
VFRonTop wrote:
embraer420 wrote:

That’s really interesting and sort of provides further evidence that IAG encourages competitive activities internally on the revenue front and encourages collusion on the costs front , procurement etc .

I wonder what intra European routes we’ll see the A321LR on ... LHR, LGW , AMS, FRA ... and the wide bodies used on the sun high volume routes like AGP at present ..

I'd say CDG and FCO as well.

AmricanShamrok

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:08 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
eirflot wrote:
Yes EI seems only interested in bucket and spade and leaves the business cities to others. No Business class, lousy frequent flyer programme and less than special lounges
Mind you expensive enough bucket and spade fares this year!

I remember reading that EI would consider using the A321LRs on key European routes which would make connecting business travel more competitive. In essence they would be offering lie-flat seats on key European routes like LHR etc.

It would make sense certainly in the mornings as there will probably be some A321LRs sitting idle between the early-morning transatlantic arrival bank (05:00-05:30) to the departures (11:00-12:00). You'd neatly fit a rotation in there to LON/AMS/FRA/BRU/CDG etc.

Clydenairways

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 pm

embraer420 wrote:
eirflot wrote:
Yes EI seems only interested in bucket and spade and leaves the business cities to others. No Business class, lousy frequent flyer programme and less than special lounges

Concentrating on bucket and spade destinations isn't a great strategy for an airline that is simultaneously launching American routes to capture connecting traffic....... Sure BA does it but they have a massive fleet and two separate airports to work with, each with very different clientele. Maybe EI is too constrained by Dublin Airport's infrastructure to expand their hub and spoke network.

I just think they just make more money flying to places like Lanzarote than they can get from flying to Cities so they follow that strategy. If the transfer hook with Ryanair is successful then that will link up a lot of un-served connecting cities, especially the ones EI have dropped over the last few years.

I don't think Dublin Airport infrastructure is preventing them from doing it at all.

OA260

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Clydenairways wrote:
embraer420 wrote:
eirflot wrote:

Concentrating on bucket and spade destinations isn't a great strategy for an airline that is simultaneously launching American routes to capture connecting traffic....... Sure BA does it but they have a massive fleet and two separate airports to work with, each with very different clientele. Maybe EI is too constrained by Dublin Airport's infrastructure to expand their hub and spoke network.

I just think they just make more money flying to places like Lanzarote than they can get from flying to Cities so they follow that strategy. If the transfer hook with Ryanair is successful then that will link up a lot of un-served connecting cities, especially the ones EI have dropped over the last few years.

I don't think Dublin Airport infrastructure is preventing them from doing it at all.

The revenue they make on ACE LPA from onboard sales of food, drink and duty free is a very large chunk and is a reason why EI do bucket and spade as being a business they go where they make money.

OA260

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Ryanair pilots in five countries call a 24-hour strike on Friday

Ryanair is set to be hit by a 24-hour pilots’ strike in five countries this Friday.

Pilots based in Ireland, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands and Belgium will join the action which comes at the height of the holiday season.

www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0808/983765-ryanair/

eirflot

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm

EI fly twice daily to Frankfurt, LH currently four times daily, to go to five daily for the winter. Some days there are 7, 8 or even 9 rows of business on LH
I guess Amsterdam could gave similar experiences?

Skyblue39

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:00 pm

eirflot wrote:
EI fly twice daily to Frankfurt, LH currently four times daily, to go to five daily for the winter. Some days there are 7, 8 or even 9 rows of business on LH
I guess Amsterdam could gave similar experiences?

EI are increasing DUB-FRA to 3 x daily for Winter.
That’s 10 x daily to FRA overall with FR (2) and LH (5)

JAmie2k9

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Bucket and Spade is what makes big money for EI, they will increase flying to Canary Islands from 24 to 28 weekly next year. If they had a bigger fleet they would focus on other types of routes but they are there to make as much money as possible.

shamrock604

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 pm

It isn’t strictly true that EI are only bucket and spade focused - this year, they’ve quietely boosted frequencies to cities like HAM, VIE, ZRH, and LYS to slowly build them up to double daily. I’d imagine that is somewhat aligned to capturing transfer traffic, as apart from ZRH, the US is not well served from those destinations.

Incidentally, had a trip with EI to Italy over the last week, and it was flawless in every respect. But those mentioning issues with Aer Club and the basic service on short haul are correct, IMHO. My Aer Club account only started working this week - I signed up in 2016 when it was launched!

Short haul needs a bit invested in cabin experience, and check in at out stations. The product onboard just looks bland now. We’re sadly not going to get a full service product (at least in economy) on short haul, unless the competitive situation out of Ireland materially changes any time soon, no matter how much we’d like it!

The EI product on long haul is actually very good (recent trips to ORD and MIA) and way ahead of BA, which is penny pinching and stingy in the extreme.

To address another point made earlier, I think by bestwestern, the DAA seriously needs to spend a few quid on the 200 gates, especially the section before the gate rotunda. Dirty patchwork flooring, dirty ceiling panels, and a general patchwork experience. Considering the money spent on various appearance projects elsewhere, I can’t believe this was ignored, given the likes of BA, KL, AF, IB, TK and so on are now using it. It’s frankly an embarrassment.

eirflot

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 pm

We are being treated like paddies by our own and the DAA is one of the worst!

uconn99

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:41 pm

With BDL being a good proof of concept I'd expect that some of the following showed (varying) interest:

Central MidWest: STL/MCI
NE MidWest: IND/CLE/PIT/CVG/CMH
New England and Mid-Atlantic: BUF/ALB/SYR/ROC
South Atlantic: CHS/RIC

Neither BUF, ALB, SYR, or ROC are considered New England or Mid-Atlantic. I would add PVD for New England.

embraer420

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:47 am

uconn99 wrote:
With BDL being a good proof of concept I'd expect that some of the following showed (varying) interest:

Neither BUF, ALB, SYR, or ROC are considered New England or Mid-Atlantic. I would add PVD for New England.

PVD is already served by DY. BUF and ALB would be very good. Maybe MEM or MKE?

VFRonTop

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 am

uconn99 wrote:

They are according to the Regions and Divisions used in the US Census
What region would you put them in?

PVD already has service to DUB by DY. EI wont want the competition and PVD wont be able to offer the same kind of incentives

VFRonTop

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 am

embraer420 wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

PVD is already served by DY. BUF and ALB would be very good. Maybe MEM or MKE?

I think BUF would be the stronger case. It's seen consistent growth over the last few years, strong catchment area that pulls cross border traffic from the Ontario region.

- MEM I believe is a little too far for the A321LR.
- MKE suffers from having ORD just an hour down the road. I don't think EI would risk competing with their own ORD services.

BrianDromey

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 am

VFRonTop wrote:
- MKE suffers from having ORD just an hour down the road. I don't think EI would risk competing with their own ORD services.

Or EI could use MKE as an overflow to their ORD service. You could probably spin it either way. Again, it depends on a combination of likely traffic AND local incentives.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am

shamrock604 wrote:
Short haul needs a bit invested in cabin experience ...

That's an understatement.

I'm puzzled by the lack of a Business Class on EI's EU flights - DUB is the EU HQ for a large number of multinationals, who would arguably pay for a Business Class offering for a certain number of their employees. Corporate contracts, anyone? Further, EI may also be able to increase its TATL Business Class demand, if it offers a full start-to-end premium experience, into the EU. It wouldn't be hard - block the middle row, offer the full Irish breakfast (which is already available on-board at a fee) for free (and other food items at other times of the day), carry a few glasses on-board for wine and the like, as well as some white tablecloths, and wa-la, you're home and hosed.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
... they will increase flying to Canary Islands from 24 to 28 weekly next year.

That's hardly anything, and in any event, it's not a zero-sum game - can't they fly the holiday routes at off-peak times (like night-time), and fly the premium business routes during the peak day-times? If they improved efficiency, they might be able to get some new non-holiday short-haul routes in there, like DUB - WAW.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
It would make sense certainly in the mornings as there will probably be some A321LRs sitting idle between the early-morning transatlantic arrival bank (05:00-05:30) to the departures (11:00-12:00). You'd neatly fit a rotation in there to LON/AMS/FRA/BRU/CDG etc.

Excuse my ignorance, but why don't EI send the 332's/333's into Europe during that gap. at present? Do they just sit on the ground idly, after arriving from North America? At the very least, LHR could support a widebody or two a day, and its Business Class offering (both O&D and transits), and I'm sure if structured properly, AMS, FRA, MAD, BRU and/or CDG could too.

NZ - with a similar LCC business model to EI on short-haul - does this quite well here in AKL, where the 777's and 787's arrive from long-haul services in the morning, are rotated to premium or high-demand destinations like CHC, SYD, MEL, BNE, ADL, NAN and RAR during the day-time, and are re-deployed back on long-haul flights ex-AKL at night time. EI could too?

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 am

embraer420 wrote:
Concentrating on bucket and spade destinations isn't a great strategy for an airline that is simultaneously launching American routes to capture connecting traffic ...

:checkmark:

I'd also add that it'd be good to see EI exposing itself to some of the higher-growth markets within 320 range, like Poland (WAW) or Israel (TLV).

These might act as a buffer against any down-turn in those Spanish holiday routes - something which could occur based on a number of factors.

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 am

Clydenairways wrote:
EI only seem to be interested in Holiday routes these days so any more city destinations are unlikely. Probably there is a better profit in it for them.

That surprises me - aren't those markets price-sensitive, with FR always being able to undercut EI on price? You would imagine that, as less of an LCC offering, with lounges and the like, city destinations would be more aligned to EI's brand?

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:29 am

eirflot wrote:
South America highly unlikely unless Azul at some point - LATAM unlikely ...

South America, unlikely - yes - but perhaps not Latin America as a whole, particularly MEX:

- Wasn't TK talking about launching MEX via DUB? Perhaps QR, EK or ET could be enticed to doing so too?

- As part of North America, MEX could align well geographically with DUB-HUB for EI, connecting to Europe.

Cheers,

C.

AmricanShamrok

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 am

planemanofnz wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but why don't EI send the 332's/333's into Europe during that gap. at present? Do they just sit on the ground idly, after arriving from North America? At the very least, LHR could support a widebody or two a day, and its Business Class offering (both O&D and transits), and I'm sure if structured properly, AMS, FRA, MAD, BRU and/or CDG could too.

NZ - with a similar LCC business model to EI on short-haul - does this quite well here in AKL, where the 777's and 787's arrive from long-haul services in the morning, are rotated to premium or high-demand destinations like CHC, SYD, MEL, BNE, ADL, NAN and RAR during the day-time, and are re-deployed back on long-haul flights ex-AKL at night time. EI could too?

Cheers,

C.

EI does send one or two A333s to the likes of AGP or FAO during the morning downtime but all the other aircraft remain on the ground at DUB for the few hours. I guess its a good opportunity for some light maintenance and gives leeway to make up time in case of delayed transatlantic arrivals/aircraft needing to be taken out of service etc.

JAmie2k9

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 am

planemanofnz wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

That's hardly anything, and in any event, it's not a zero-sum game - can't they fly the holiday routes at off-peak times (like night-time), and fly the premium business routes during the peak day-times? If they improved efficiency, they might be able to get some new non-holiday short-haul routes in there, like DUB - WAW.

Cheers,

C.

2x daily ACE, 1x daily TFS, 5x LPA and 2x FUE is significant growth, a few years ago they have more than doubled capacity to TFS/ACE and remember adding these flights reduces short haul flying capacity. Give or take these flights could be making 2 return short haul routes instead so they are highly profitable.

The night time flying is something they should look at but its likely low yield because a lot of there passengers (older, families etc) wouldn't really go for it.

Clydenairways

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:38 am

planemanofnz wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Just look at the routes launched and routes dropped over the last decade, it speaks for itself.

VFRonTop

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:42 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
EI does send one or two A333s to the likes of AGP or FAO during the morning downtime but all the other aircraft remain on the ground at DUB for the few hours. I guess its a good opportunity for some light maintenance and gives leeway to make up time in case of delayed transatlantic arrivals/aircraft needing to be taken out of service etc.

Spot on.

Additionally while LHR would make most sense for a widebody operation now and then I don't believe any of the CTA gates at T2 are can accommodate an A330 (without taking up the adjacent gate too)

AmricanShamrok

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 am

VFRonTop wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

Spot on.

Additionally while LHR would make most sense for a widebody operation now and then I don't believe any of the CTA gates at T2 are can accommodate an A330 (without taking up the adjacent gate too)

Indeed. I believe there are six CTA-configured gates at LHR T2 but there are quieter times of the day where up to four of these are vacant at the same time so if EI really wanted to, they might get one or two A330s over during the day.

planemanofnz

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:58 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:

AFAIK, EI doesn't have a lot of slack in its wide-body fleet, so best to have leeway, as you say.

VFRonTop wrote:

I'm not familiar with LHR's T2, but can they not then use a different gate, or a remote stand?

JAmie2k9 wrote:
2x daily ACE, 1x daily TFS, 5x LPA and 2x FUE is significant growth, a few years ago they have more than doubled capacity to TFS/ACE and remember adding these flights reduces short haul flying capacity. Give or take these flights could be making 2 return short haul routes instead so they are highly profitable.

The night time flying is something they should look at but its likely low yield because a lot of there passengers (older, families etc) wouldn't really go for it.

It's great they've grown to that many destinations, but you're still only talking about 4x flights a day to the Canaries, right?

My point is that there must be spare short-haul capacity to grow into some different markets, like WAW, TLV or elsewhere?

On future night flying and that being low-yielding, the Canaries don't strike me as time-sensitive or high-yielding anyway?

Cheers,

C.

eirflot

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:43 am

EI have given up on Poland! Which I don't understand!
The longer the flight then fewer frequencies
Yes there are a lot if international corporates in Ireland but I'm not sure that EI see them as a solid business base otherwise EI would have a no brainer business class

I might believe that to introduce a business class would have cabin crew consequences for EI

VFRonTop

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
VFRonTop wrote:

I'm not familiar with LHR's T2, but can they not then use a different gate, or a remote stand?

Irish flights are treated as domestic and therefore use specially designed gates to bypass immigration and customs. The CTA gates at T2 were specifically designed for EI use. A remote stand might be an option but I dont know if there is a bus gate that allows passengers to be dropped at T2 CTA arrivals/baggage claim

Galwayman

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:13 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
eirflot wrote:

South America, unlikely - yes - but perhaps not Latin America as a whole, particularly MEX:

- Wasn't TK talking about launching MEX via DUB? Perhaps QR, EK or ET could be enticed to doing so too?

- As part of North America, MEX could align well geographically with DUB-HUB for EI, connecting to Europe.

Cheers,

C.

I would absolutely love to see MEX by any carrier from DUB. It’s such a massive city and as you say the connection opps at DUB would be great . But possibly very little O&D initially ...

Aeroflot used to do it from SNN

mast2407

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm

planemanofnz wrote:

On future night flying and that being low-yielding, the Canaries don't strike me as time-sensitive or high-yielding anyway?

Cheers,

C.

I have only got one explicit experience of night flying: from Dublin to Split in Croatia, via Cork. It was horrible, because you’re tired and because you loose the first day entirely of your holiday. There were us two teenagers and my parents. It was just awful. I could only imagine what it would be like dragging younger children out of bed for the night.

The only other experiences I’ve got of out of hours flying, is first thing in the morning (as in, the 6am departure bank from Dublin airport), and those flights are just as bad for disruption to sleep. It’s even worse when you’re on a study trip, when you’re being expected to be alert and ready when you get to wherever it is you’re going.

First world problems, huh.

OA260

Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Dutch court gives the go ahead for Ryanair pilots' strike

A court in the Netherlands has told Ryanair pilots that they can join a wave of strike action planned across Europe for this Friday.

The Dutch pilots will now join their colleagues in Ireland, Sweden, Germany and Belgium in the 24-hour work stoppage.

www.rte.ie/news/europe/2018/0809/984113 ... ot-strike/

styles9002

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Aer Lingus does need a proper business class for onward connections from North America as well as a proper frequent flier program.

I do agree that there would likely be little demand for local traffic in business class between Ireland & Europe but EI has a decent trans Atlantic business class product and could feed into it similar to what Icelandair does via KEF. I can only imagine the shock when a businessman on a full fare J class fare connects in DUB from SFO/ORD/JFK/BOS to LHR/CDG/MAD/FRA and experiences the 3x3 short-haul cabin after the very good A330 Premier cabin. Again, it doesn't have to be over the top. Similar to FI, you just need a larger seat and an slightly upgraded service.

As for the loyalty program, Aer Lingus should just outsource it at this point. It really should be priority #1 as these programs are so effective in engendering loyalty and repeat business. Is there a way Avios would manage it for a fee?
It is what it is.

by738

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 pm

any updates on how Hainan doing on new China route. Downgraded frequency for winter then back to 4 times triangle routing still on smaller 788 for S19

uconn99

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
uconn99 wrote:

They are according to the Regions and Divisions used in the US Census
What region would you put them in?

PVD already has service to DUB by DY. EI wont want the competition and PVD wont be able to offer the same kind of incentives

That's news to me, never once have I considered NY to be a "mid Atlantic" state and I'm sure not the only one. I consider the Mid-Atlantic to be the DC region, Maryland, and most of Penn.

I only say PVD because I don't see DY staying on that route and EI would offer a much better product with connection possibilities.

CFNFlyer

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Galwayman wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:
eirflot wrote:

Cheers,

C.

I would absolutely love to see MEX by any carrier from DUB. It’s such a massive city and as you say the connection opps at DUB would be great . But possibly very little O&D initially ...

Aeroflot used to do it from SNN

Turkish are apparently looking at it, both Istanbul and Mexico are building huge new global hub airports at the minute though so a route would likely be a couple of years away yet when both airports are fully up and running

captainmeeerkat

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:22 am

Have I missed something?

Did a search for Moscow to Dublin in December and a booking site gave me the option of Aeroflot! I thought that Pobeda (the Aeroflot low cost branch) had recently been give approval but not AF itself..

This is super news and long overdue.
my luggage is better travelled than me!

Skyblue39

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 am

captainmeeerkat wrote:
Have I missed something?

Did a search for Moscow to Dublin in December and a booking site gave me the option of Aeroflot! I thought that Pobeda (the Aeroflot low cost branch) had recently been give approval but not AF itself..

Good to see Aeroflot finally back in Dublin with A320

SU2590 SVO 1920 DUB 2045
SU2591 DUB 2145 SVO 0450

Skyblue39

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 am

SU is loaded as daily service from 28OCT

planemanofnz

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 am

Skyblue39 wrote:

Yet another lost opportunity for EI ...

Cheers,

C.

BrianDromey

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:03 am

styles9002 wrote:
Aer Lingus does need a proper business class for onward connections from North America as well as a proper frequent flier program.

I do agree that there would likely be little demand for local traffic in business class between Ireland & Europe but EI has a decent trans Atlantic business class product and could feed into it similar to what Icelandair does via KEF. I can only imagine the shock when a businessman on a full fare J class fare connects in DUB from SFO/ORD/JFK/BOS to LHR/CDG/MAD/FRA and experiences the 3x3 short-haul cabin after the very good A330 Premier cabin. Again, it doesn't have to be over the top. Similar to FI, you just need a larger seat and an slightly upgraded service.

As for the loyalty program, Aer Lingus should just outsource it at this point. It really should be priority #1 as these programs are so effective in engendering loyalty and repeat business. Is there a way Avios would manage it for a fee?

I see what you are saying, but I don't think Business Class and 'outsourcing' Aer Club would do much to improve EI's fortunes, SK have an interesting product called "Plus" which I suspect would better serve the market. It is effectively a boxed meal and a seat at the front, lounge access and extra baggage.

Im not sure how outsourcing AerClub would improve things. AerClub is probably an example of very bad outsourcing, system implementation and project management. I wonder if EI just thought they could plug the Avios platform into whatever system they already use and all would be well. Clearly that hasn't worked. I've herd rumblings that Avios have found EI have been very difficult to work with, which doesn't sound unlikely.

All of this needs to be seen in context, however. In the first half EI made a profit of €108 million, almost half the profit of the entire AF/KL group. Keep in mind the EI is not in an alliance, does not have a JV over the Atlantic and competes with FR across its European network and DY on a lot of its Trans Atlantic network.

hynithuchi

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

Skyblue39 wrote:

How will that affect the planned Pobeda service ? I guess SVO and VKO are both considered the same citmy, which means that according to Russian regulations only 1 Russian carrier is allowed to operate a service between DUB and MOW.

hynithuchi

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Skyblue39 wrote:

How will that affect the planned Pobeda service ? I guess SVO and VKO are both considered the same city, which means that according to Russian regulations only 1 Russian carrier is allowed to operate a service between DUB and MOW.

Eirules

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 am

I don’t know an awful lot about SU but those timings don’t look great for connections. They don’t connect to the DL services in DUB and I’d imagine have long layovers on Aeroflot services heading to Asia
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

captainmeeerkat

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:57 am

Having lived in Russia for almost 7 years, there is great interest in Ireland and many people here will avail of this service I think.

I doubt SU are aiming for connections to other destinations on their network. I know it's purely anecdotal but anytime I fly from DUB and connect to Moscow (via FRA, AMS, CDG, IST, HEL), there is always a good number of people I see from the DUB flight in the queue for Moscow also.
my luggage is better travelled than me!

embraer420

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:31 am

Skyblue39 wrote:
captainmeeerkat wrote:
Have I missed something?

Good to see Aeroflot finally back in Dublin with A320

SU2590 SVO 1920 DUB 2045
SU2591 DUB 2145 SVO 0450

So what's the story with Pobeda then?

BrianDromey

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:56 am

embraer420 wrote:
So what's the story with Pobeda then?

They are wholly owned by SU, I wonder if that makes any difference?

EK770

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 am

Appears Omni 772 will be operating the 139 to BOS this afternoon. Lots of shuffling around with transatlantic flights past few days, which a/c has gone inop?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos