VH-OQK departed LHR as the delayed QF2 just under an hour ago

https://twitter.com/a380fanclub/status/ ... 0247345152
Forum Moderator

RyanairGuru

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - August 2018

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 am

eamondzhang wrote:
getluv wrote:
RE: TK to DPS. Bali is a popular destination with Europeans and the EPL types. I'm sure transits to Australia will be minimal at best considering TK have SQ for all of that.

RE: WA Gov/India - The WA Government should stop throwing good money after bad and instead use that money to market WA as a destination.

The relationship between SQ and TK is meh at best; TK will sell you a transfer via TG way before it sells a SQ transfer.

But since it's TK, you can never discount the possibility; although lacking a proper airside transit facility in DPS is not helping.

Michael

Look at TK’s fares loaded ex-Australia (not what you see online through a booking engine, look at the actual fare basis) and you will see that they have a motley mish-mash of interline partners but the airlines they push the most are (1) Jetstar [yes, really] (2) Malaysia, (3) Thai, (4) Qantas. Those four airlines account for the bulk of TK’s (admittedly relatively limited) interline traffic. Others include SQ, CX, OZ and OD (as already mentioned).
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Obzerva

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:36 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
getluv wrote:
RE: TK to DPS. Bali is a popular destination with Europeans and the EPL types. I'm sure transits to Australia will be minimal at best considering TK have SQ for all of that.

RE: WA Gov/India - The WA Government should stop throwing good money after bad and instead use that money to market WA as a destination.

The relationship between SQ and TK is meh at best; TK will sell you a transfer via TG way before it sells a SQ transfer.

But since it's TK, you can never discount the possibility; although lacking a proper airside transit facility in DPS is not helping.

Michael

Look at TK’s fares loaded ex-Australia (not what you see online through a booking engine, look at the actual fare basis) and you will see that they have a motley mish-mash of interline partners but the airlines they push the most are (1) Jetstar [yes, really] (2) Malaysia, (3) Thai, (4) Qantas. Those four airlines account for the bulk of TK’s (admittedly relatively limited) interline traffic. Others include SQ, CX, OZ and OD (as already mentioned).

The JQ connection works well, especially seeing TK also has a direct IST-HKT flight, it’s a good option for a quick stop on the way back from Europe for a few days.

eamondzhang

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 pm

RyanairGuru wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
getluv wrote:

Michael

Not surprising. I've also seen other carriers like AF/KL pushing for JQ connections to Australia via DPS/SIN, although it does seems strange somehow.

I also believe JQ's interline ticket with other carriers come with free luggage and meals; think I read it somewhere on their website but I could be wrong.

Michael

RyanairGuru

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Free luggage, yes, and they interline baggage to the final destination, something they don’t do for JQ-JQ or JQ-QF connections. Not sure about food.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

eamondzhang

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 pm

RyanairGuru wrote:
Free luggage, yes, and they interline baggage to the final destination, something they don’t do for JQ-JQ or JQ-QF connections. Not sure about food.

https://agenthub.jetstar.com/~/_media/F ... 238A50.pdf

This is the best I can find so far. Apparently they not only do meals but two serves, plus amenity kit and 1 beverage. They also have heaps of connecting partners at the bottom of the file.

For SIN-DRW/PER they gave out $10 voucher instead of meals as far as I can tell.

Michael

JBusworth

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 am

When I flew KUL-SIN-SYD with JQ on a QF ticket I certainly got free bags, with interline baggage through to SYD. Free meal, drink and amenities as well.

RyanairGuru

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 am

JBusworth wrote:
When I flew KUL-SIN-SYD with JQ on a QF ticket I certainly got free bags, with interline baggage through to SYD. Free meal, drink and amenities as well.

That’s 3K, not JQ. 3K and GK interline luggage to Qantas (and many other airlines) over SIN and NRT/KIX. JQ doesn’t for flights touching Australia. IIRC JQ do though over AKL.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

tullamarine

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:58 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
JBusworth wrote:

That’s 3K, not JQ. 3K and GK interline luggage to Qantas (and many other airlines) over SIN and NRT/KIX. JQ doesn’t for flights touching Australia. IIRC JQ do though over AKL.

Slightly bizarre treatment really. Pax just see Jetstar. The intricacies of Jetstar Asia v Jetstar Japan v Jetstar Australia means nothing to them; they think they are all the same airline and probably rightly believe the policies across all the Jetstar brands is the same. I feel sorry for ground staff having to explain to bemused pax that this is a different Jetstar from the one they just flew on even though everything else looks exactly the same.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

Qantas737

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:08 am

RyanairGuru wrote:

I booked a trip from CNS-NRT, HND-CDG-CPH, CPH-CDG-NRT-CNS back in December 2014/January 2015 through Air France which consisted of JQ from CNS-NRT return and JAL on the CDG-NRT leg. I can confirm that the fare on JQ did indeed come with baggage, food and an amenities kit.

qf2220

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 am

eamondzhang wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:

Michael

Not surprising. I've also seen other carriers like AF/KL pushing for JQ connections to Australia via DPS/SIN, although it does seems strange somehow.

I also believe JQ's interline ticket with other carriers come with free luggage and meals; think I read it somewhere on their website but I could be wrong.

Michael

Bali is popular with many different groups of pax. But curious they don't do the interlines with QF...

kriskim

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:24 am

LATAM increases MEL to x5 weekly from 01JAN with new Thursday and Saturday services, the CEO hopes to make MEL-SCL daily soon, as the number of traffic between the two continents has grown by 40% since services was launched. LATAM says that there is sufficient demand to make the route daily and loads have been great for the airline.

There is also prospects for new direct services to Brazil.
A world built upon connectivity.

Qantas16

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 am

kriskim wrote:
LATAM increases MEL to x5 weekly from 01JAN with new Thursday and Saturday services, the CEO hopes to make MEL-SCL daily soon, as the number of traffic between the two continents has grown by 40% since services was launched. LATAM says that there is sufficient demand to make the route daily and loads have been great for the airline.

There is also prospects for new direct services to Brazil.

Great news for MEL and LATAM. Surprising that they don’t launch SYD-SCL nonstop, I realise they have a partnership with QF but so do AA and they both fly SYD-LAX...

Anyone know the demographics on South American population in Australia? How does it compare SYD vs MEL vs BNE etc...

eta unknown

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 am

[/quote]
Bali is popular with many different groups of pax. But curious they don't do the interlines with QF...[/quote]
Probably because QF will not play ball or gave TK an overpriced SPA rate on AU-Asia fares that it's not worth it. And yes I can confirm OD does carry some good TK transit traffic from AU to KUL, but this is usually in peak season.
Many people mistake alliances for being what they really are- marketing tools that often don't work as well as hoped (examples: GA lack of Skyteam connecting traffic, SQ not playing nice with other Star Alliance partners). What you see now is many alliance partners working with carriers outside their alliance to get access to create decent saleable fares.

melpax

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:05 am

Qantas16 wrote:
Anyone know the demographics on South American population in Australia? How does it compare SYD vs MEL vs BNE etc...

Not sure of the exact numbers, but quite a few Chileans & Argies came out here in the 70's&80's. I work with 2 Chileans, while a former colleague was married to a Brazilian. And then you have the backpackers..... So there are a few South Americans here in MEL at least, though not in the same numbers as the Indian & Chinese communities, and not enough to support 5 flights a week!

That part of the world is starting to become popular as a holiday destination here, the weekend papers have regular features on South American holidays.

qf2220

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:05 am

On the bridge in Melbourne that has the immigrant countries and numbers there are 50k+ people from Chile and 50k+ people of Chilean descent in Australia.

Obzerva

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:40 am

eta unknown wrote:

Bali is popular with many different groups of pax. But curious they don't do the interlines with QF...[/quote]
Probably because QF will not play ball or gave TK an overpriced SPA rate on AU-Asia fares that it's not worth it. And yes I can confirm OD does carry some good TK transit traffic from AU to KUL, but this is usually in peak season.
Many people mistake alliances for being what they really are- marketing tools that often don't work as well as hoped (examples: GA lack of Skyteam connecting traffic, SQ not playing nice with other Star Alliance partners). What you see now is many alliance partners working with carriers outside their alliance to get access to create decent saleable fares.[/quote]

To that last point regarding alliances mattering little, the same thing is emphasised with LO's new WAW-SIN flights which have much better fare combinability with QF to Australia, than they do with SQ.

IndianicWorld

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:43 am

The number of South Americans in Melbourne has seemingly grown significantly in recent years.

The number of Colombians certainly seems to be a growth market, especially students studying here.

Overall, Brazilians tend to gravitate more to Sydney, but it is becoming far more balanced for the rest of the countries these days.

Great to hear LA are doing well in MEL. The pax numbers looked healthy but yields would also have to be considered before any increases occurred. They appear to have got the balance right to now start increasing capacity.

Wonder how NZ are doing now though in the MEL market to South America (EZE)? At one point they were showing that MEL was their strongest feed market before LA started the SCL flights.

a320fan

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:47 am

Lots of Brazilians In Melbourne either studying or working, it’s probably up there as one of the largest number of foreign students and workers I come in contact with, though still far behind the more obvious sources of immigration (Uk, NZ, China, India) Also a surprisingly high number of Colombians, Don’t think I’ve met many Chileans, Argentinians or other asssorted other SA countries, easily 80% of South Americans I’ve met have been Brazilian or Colombian.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

IndianicWorld

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:07 pm

a320fan wrote:
Lots of Brazilians In Melbourne either studying or working, it’s probably up there as one of the largest number of foreign students and workers I come in contact with, though still far behind the more obvious sources of immigration (Uk, NZ, China, India) Also a surprisingly high number of Colombians, Don’t think I’ve met many Chileans, Argentinians or other asssorted other SA countries, easily 80% of South Americans I’ve met have been Brazilian or Colombian.

There still seems to be far more Brazilians in Sydney, but yes it has been increasing here too.

Chileans and Argentinians tend to be the ones that have been here for years from what I can tell.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:04 pm

In addition to VA codesharing on SQ's MEL-WLG, SQ will codeshare on a couple of VA Trans Tasman routes
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:05 pm

VA releases pictures of major MEL terminal expansion

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/vir ... velopment/
Forum Moderator

NTLDaz

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:50 pm

a320fan wrote:

As someone who is married to a Chilean who came here as a 10 year old 40 years ago I know lots of South Americans.

According to the 2011 census about 40% more Argentinians and Chileans live in NSW compared to Victoria and about 3 x Brazilians. If fact more Brazilians live in Queensland than Victoria.

Haven't looked up 2016 census. If there is ever a direct Brazil - Australia flight I'd be surprised if it wasn't to Sydney.

If Australia ever joins the rest of the world and relaxed Visa restrictions I think we'd see more tourists as well.

kriskim

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm

NTLDaz wrote:
a320fan wrote:

As someone who is married to a Chilean who came here as a 10 year old 40 years ago I know lots of South Americans.

According to the 2011 census about 40% more Argentinians and Chileans live in NSW compared to Victoria and about 3 x Brazilians. If fact more Brazilians live in Queensland than Victoria.

Haven't looked up 2016 census. If there is ever a direct Brazil - Australia flight I'd be surprised if it wasn't to Sydney.

If Australia ever joins the rest of the world and relaxed Visa restrictions I think we'd see more tourists as well.

I had a look into the numbers too, there is no denying that if LATAM was to launch direct flights, SYD would be the obvious choice, however I don't see such flights happening soon. Bu we must also remember that VFR and resident numbers are only part of the equation.

I believe that flights to EZE makes more sense as the next Sth American destination from Australia.
A world built upon connectivity.

oskarclare

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Here's some data a user from Skycity found relating to Brazil - Australia stats:

Interestingly, QLD performs 2nd in where Brazilians live or visit.We would have to be a chance of direct flights down the track and i also know that Brazil is on the 2020 TEQ research plan for developing tourist nations to QLD.

I did some research from a couple of sites and found this info.

Brazilians to Australia:

32% Holiday
24% VFR
7% Business
30% Education

They visited 6 main areas of Australia which showed that they visited more than 1 area however when you add the combined Northern NSW,SEQ and Nth QLD visitation a air link to either BNE or OOL would stand up in say 5 years if the growth continues.

1/SYD 77%
2/SEQ 41%
3/MEL 31%
4/Nth QLD 14%
5/NSW North Coast 11%

I also read lately that QLD is the growing state for them due to Beaches and climate.

People from Brazil living in Australia as at 2011 was only very small in number.

6503 IN NSW
3418 in QLD
1,748 in Vic.

My own comment: I think this data shows that Brazil-BNE/MEL/SYD could probably all sustain flights. BNE at probably 3-4x weekly, MEL at around 4-5x weekly and SYD daily.

eta unknown

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:07 pm

IndianicWorld wrote:
Wonder how NZ are doing now though in the MEL market to South America (EZE)? At one point they were showing that MEL was their strongest feed market before LA started the SCL flights.

Yes I was wondering the same thing- the more direct flights that get launched between AU and North/South America, the more it affects NZ and their pricing. From what I hear in the agent retail sphere, if a LAX/SFO nonstop is $100-$200 more than NZ, pax pay for the nonstop.

ZK-NBT

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:47 am

eta unknown wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

Yes I was wondering the same thing- the more direct flights that get launched between AU and North/South America, the more it affects NZ and their pricing. From what I hear in the agent retail sphere, if a LAX/SFO nonstop is $100-$200 more than NZ, pax pay for the nonstop.

Not sure on MEL itself for NZ but they are increasing EZE to 6 weekly DEC-FEB up from 5 for the same time last year, they have increased each year since it started over the NW, generally back to 3 weekly NS though.

Seems LA are doing well to MEL, I wonder when they will do non stop SYD? Maybe when QF retire the 744’s and use a 789 Aswell?

TasFlyer

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:45 am

An update on this post from the June thread.

TT has now loaded HBA-OOL flights for NW18-19, beginning on Tuesday October 30. Schedule is as follows:

TT852 HBA 0905-1035 OOL 246
TT851 OOL 1105-1445 HBA 246

The schedule appears to be year-round now, with flights loaded up to 8 August 2019.

a320fan

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:48 am

TasFlyer wrote:
An update on this post from the June thread.

TT has now loaded HBA-OOL flights for NW18-19, beginning on Tuesday October 30. Schedule is as follows:

TT852 HBA 0905-1035 OOL 246
TT851 OOL 1105-1445 HBA 246

The schedule appears to be year-round now, with flights loaded up to 8 August 2019.

Nice, good to see some outside the box growth in domestic routes. Seems this one did quite well if it’s coming back and loosing its seasonality.
Seen quite a few posts on their Facebook page from people miffed they couldn’t find this flight, and not understanding the concept of seasonal scheduling which is not really something most domestic Aus pax will be familiar with as our airlines routes and schedules tend to stay pretty constant year round.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 am

Alliance has announced its full year results today

Fleet over past year has grown from 29 aircraft to 33 aircraft over the past year
Over the next year fleet will grow to 42 adding 4 F70's and 5 F100's
Alliance continues to see increase activity in resources sectorHas employed more staff, increasing workforce by 13.5%
Total flight hours up 34% to 34,612 compared to 25,689 the year before
Contracted flight hours up 5.4% to 18,828 which repesented the biggest source of flying work
Wet lease and RPT flight hours have more than doubled in the past year, while charter hours jumped 69.2%
Reported new profit of $18.1 million , down 2 %
Before tax profit rose 33% to $26.1 million
Outlook ahead, continued growth in revenue across all sectors and regions

http://australianaviation.com.au/2018/0 ... n-2018-19/

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... f195197324
Forum Moderator

getluv

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm

eta unknown wrote:
Many people mistake alliances for being what they really are- marketing tools that often don't work as well as hoped (examples: GA lack of Skyteam connecting traffic, SQ not playing nice with other Star Alliance partners). What you see now is many alliance partners working with carriers outside their alliance to get access to create decent saleable fares.

I put some random dates into TK's booking system ex-SYD/MEL to IST for the end of August. Fares via SIN with QF were by far the cheapest despite TK codesharing with 5 different airlines.

It's possible that TK's interline agreement with QF doesn't include DPS.
I'm that bad type.

eta unknown

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 pm

Sounds like the SPA agreement is a good one then. I don't think QF would bother with DPS as only a 737... most likely only SIN/HKG/BKK- SYD-BKK route often needs help.

MooLor

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:38 am

eta unknown wrote:
QF ... SYD-BKK route often needs help.

Apologies if I have misinterpreted your meaning, but was that it?

I have often wondered about QF SYD-BKK. Three full-service carriers on the route, and one of them offers QF code share on an A380. Another is TG / Star Alliance on a 744. And then there is what I assume is many people's third choice - an A330 that happens to be flown by QF, often at higher fares than the other two from my own observations..

MooLor

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:42 am

MooLor wrote:
eta unknown wrote:
QF ... SYD-BKK route often needs help.

Apologies if I have misinterpreted your meaning, but was that it?

I have often wondered about QF SYD-BKK. Three full-service carriers on the route, and one of them offers QF code share on an A380. Another is TG / Star Alliance on a 744. And then there is what I assume is many people's third choice - an A330 that happens to be flown by QF, often at higher fares than the other two from my own observations..

... A recent newspaper article had BKK as the cheapest $ / km international route out of SYD. And anecdotally, family pricing a 'scissor' trip to Europe from SYD next year say TG is the "best" (cheapest) Y fare they have found. If they are undercutting QR then it must be pretty damn cheap!

planemanofnz

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:43 am

CX has reported its results for the six months to (and including) June 2018, and Australasia doesn't seem to be doing well:

- Yield grew 3.0%, but this was the slowest growth of any region (well behind 9.7% for Europe and 4.2% for North America).
- Loads declined by 3.6% - the steepest decline of any region (worse than -2.8% for Europe and +2.4% for North America).

CX has said that competition to Australasia “remained fierce," but less reliance on transit passengers helped improve yield.

What could CX do to help? Restrict capacity, to drive up yields? ASK's were up by ~6% (2nd highest), which is interesting.

See: https://www.cathaypacific.com/content/d ... lts-en.pdf.

Cheers,

C.

Qantas16

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:51 am

Can anyone shed any light on the crewing arrangements for the weekly ADF/Hi-Fly charter to the UAE? The flight is operated by a Hi-Fly A340-300 and departs on a Tuesday afternoon and typically flies BNE-SYD-DRW-NHD-DRW-SYD-BNE returning Thursday afternoon... Do they use Australian-based crew and have a layover in NHD? Can the crew operate BNE-SYD-DRW-NHD in a single go?

Also, yes, sometimes the routing includes stops in TSV and occasionally ADL too.

A350OZ

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:00 am

eta unknown wrote:
Sounds like the SPA agreement is a good one then. I don't think QF would bother with DPS as only a 737... most likely only SIN/HKG/BKK- SYD-BKK route often needs help.

Question is why would they promote DPS as a connection point if they have alternatives such as BKK, SIN, CGK, HKG. Transit experience would be pretty average, and the 737 on a fairly long sector as part of a long-haul EU-AU connection is not very appealing either from a passenger perspective.

MooLor wrote:
... A recent newspaper article had BKK as the cheapest $ / km international route out of SYD. And anecdotally, family pricing a 'scissor' trip to Europe from SYD next year say TG is the "best" (cheapest) Y fare they have found. If they are undercutting QR then it must be pretty damn cheap!

I've just been trying to put together a MEL-EU return trip for a family member in 2 months time, and TG together with EY were the lowest fares by far, on par with or even lower than the Chinese carriers that involved lengthy and sometimes two connections each way. Went with EY in the end because on the particular dates I wanted TG was more expensive. Interestingly, QR pricing was not competitive.

planemanofnz

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 am

It seems that Melbourne might get a direct flight to Hainan in China (either Sanya or Haikou) - though, nothing confirmed at this stage.

See: http://m.hinews.cn/news/show.php?url=ht ... 1033.shtml (only in Chinese).

MEL is on fire of late, with double digit international growth. IMO, ICN seems like the big gap, followed by maybe Africa, and Texas?

Cheers,

C.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:28 am

Qantas to fly PER-SIN double daily 1xA332, 1x738) from 14 Dec 28 to 20 Jan 19

https://twitter.com/airlineroute/status ... 50304?s=21
Forum Moderator

eta unknown

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:00 am

Qantas16 wrote:
Can anyone shed any light on the crewing arrangements for the weekly ADF/Hi-Fly charter to the UAE? The flight is operated by a Hi-Fly A340-300 and departs on a Tuesday afternoon and typically flies BNE-SYD-DRW-NHD-DRW-SYD-BNE returning Thursday afternoon... Do they use Australian-based crew and have a layover in NHD? Can the crew operate BNE-SYD-DRW-NHD in a single go?
Also, yes, sometimes the routing includes stops in TSV and occasionally ADL too.

When Adagold supplied the locally based cabin crew one set flew BNE-SYD-DRW return and the other DRW based crew flew DRW-NHD-DRW. Now everyone is Portuguese. FYI the cabin crew, pilots, engineers live in my building in Hamilton.

getluv

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:40 am

eta unknown wrote:

The LF's on SYD-BKK are routinely healthy.
I'm that bad type.

eta unknown

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:42 am

getluv wrote:
eta unknown wrote:

The LF's on SYD-BKK are routinely healthy.

Because QF gets a lot of help- flight is popular with codeshare transits.

a320fan

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 am

A350OZ wrote:
MooLor wrote:

I've just been trying to put together a MEL-EU return trip for a family member in 2 months time, and TG together with EY were the lowest fares by far, on par with or even lower than the Chinese carriers that involved lengthy and sometimes two connections each way. Went with EY in the end because on the particular dates I wanted TG was more expensive. Interestingly, QR pricing was not competitive.

TG have had really good pricing AU-EU this year. I had to book a one way MEL-LHR with about 4 week notice a couple of months ago, most airlines were $1500+ one way, half of them the return was cheaper than just a one way. Then we found TG one way for approx $750. A350 & A380 equipment and reports back from the family member who flew it was service was really good and they would happily fly TG again.

QR were not competitive price wise this year, around the dates we needed were mostly $2000+. Which was strange as I paid $1400return MEL-LHR last year and that was just about the most competitive one stop fare, I think the only one that was cheaper was via LAX on VA and VS.

wiggy

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 am

australia is apparently short on pilots so thats why heaps of flights are being cancelled

a320fan

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 am

wiggy wrote:
australia is apparently short on pilots so thats why heaps of flights are being cancelled

What flights are getting cancelled?

Newflyer2018

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am

The price difference between tickets bough in the UK and those in AUS is strange. I just booked a one way from LHR to MEL next month for £430 with EY the cheapest was around £360, returns with EY can be had for around £530 which is less than AUD,1000!

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 am

wiggy wrote:

Do you have anything to back up those claims?

Flights are cancelled for a multiple of reasons, the 2 main reasons are weather and aircraft suffering technical issues
Forum Moderator

tullamarine

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 am

planemanofnz wrote:
It seems that Melbourne might get a direct flight to Hainan in China (either Sanya or Haikou) - though, nothing confirmed at this stage.

See: http://m.hinews.cn/news/show.php?url=ht ... 1033.shtml (only in Chinese).

MEL is on fire of late, with double digit international growth. IMO, ICN seems like the big gap, followed by maybe Africa, and Texas?

Cheers,

C.

VA did do MEL-JNB but ETOPS rules at the time made it uneconomic; lengthy route leading to load restrictions on westbound service.

MEL-DFW may be a bit far being over 450kms more then SYD-DFW. Maybe when the Sunrise fleet arrive, it will be possible but at the moment a 789 would not do it, particularly westbound, without lots of empty seats.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm

VA has appeared to lay out groundwork for TT to potentially resume international flights. VA has applied to the IASC to vary a number of its traffic rights to include a condition for TT to potential operate routes which includes Cook Islands, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tonga and Vanuatu

http://australianaviation.com.au/2018/0 ... operation/
Forum Moderator

QF744ER

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 am

QF842 MEL-DRW this morning is being operated by A332 -EBL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos