avier

Re: Jet Airways: reports cash running out

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:59 am

Spiderguy252 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
What is the situation in India for passengers if Jet folds?.

Zero. As things stand today.

And how do you affirm that?

Are you aware of the acute shortage of seats out of BOM and the extremely high fares currently on all routes out of the city? Some routes had just duopoly of AI-9W, and are left with just an AI flight charging ridiculously high fares. It's easy to come on a.net and just write "Zero", as long as you aren't affected by it.

Spiderguy252

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:02 am

avier wrote:
Are you aware of the acute shortage of seats out of BOM and the extremely high fares currently on all routes out of the city? Some routes had just duopoly of AI-9W, and are left with just an AI flight charging ridiculously high fares. It's easy to come on a.net and just write "Zero", as long as you aren't affected by it.

Everything you state is already part of the current context - when Jet are still supposedly flying. If they and their 9 planes disappear tomorrow, nothing would get worse.
Vahroone

bennett123

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:10 am

I was thinking about them getting their money back.

BOMRPR

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:35 am

Indian Oil Corporation stops fuel supply to Jet Airways

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst

Saddening to see 9W die this death

dtw2hyd

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 am

Are there any more cancellations or they are maintaining the schedule?

lightsaber

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:45 am

Leasors are not believing the recovery plan:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-jet- ... SKCN1RH0Q9

<i> About six lessors are expected to apply to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) to de-register up to 15 planes that have already been grounded, over the next 10 days, one of the sources with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.</i>

Later <i> “It’s getting down to the wire. If nothing comes out by next week, I think it’s done,” said another source.</i>

If fuel remains cut off, that is that.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

unrave

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:45 am

Things are unravelling very fast: Multiple lessors have applied to deregister Jet aircraft. More importantly, IOCL has stopped fuel supply to Jet.

Meanwhile SpiceJet is set to launch Bangkok, Kolkata, Chennai and Varanasi from Mumbai on slots vacated by Jet.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways

lightsaber

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:53 am

Spiderguy252 wrote:
avier wrote:

Everything you state is already part of the current context - when Jet are still supposedly flying. If they and their 9 planes disappear tomorrow, nothing would get worse.

The market will correct this quickly. I don't think anyone believes ULCCs will leave a monopoly route alone.

People are impacted, but that won't stop the market from working. Re-allocate the slots and not temporarily.

Earlier on this thread I predicted that Jet's fate, one way or the other, would be decided before the election. Because Goyal wouldn't step aside early, EY left the bidding. Without EY, their is not viable solution.

The leasing companies have let their aircraft be grounded long enough. They have started to deregister. India needs better bankruptcy laws. Jet's bankruptcy will affect many other industries (e.g., ability to borrow) so there will be change.

The best solution is work to have as many aircraft redeployed to BOM to build back up capacity.
But fares were too cheap before. India was over-served.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

avier

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:04 pm

IOCL has now resumed fuel supply to Jet.

lightsaber wrote:
The best solution is work to have as many aircraft redeployed to BOM to build back up capacity.

Lightsaber

Rest of India is over-served, BOM is underserved. There is a difference. Since the financial capital's airport has been in a capacity constrained like situation since almost a decade.
Hence, when the airport was growing naturally with capacity available, it was the largest in the country for a long time. Then, when it hit it's bottleneck , DEL overtook BOM to become the largest and has overtaken by more then +20mn pax/yr! And this, despite the financial capital having a far larger and wealthier population with all the major conglomerates and companies based out there. It would have remained no.1 had capacity been available like it is at DEL.

dtw2hyd

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:10 pm

The entire restructuring plan is based on a fake ruling by the Indian central bank, which fell apart. This would have gone to NCLT months back.

Another fake ruling by DGCA claiming vendor dues have to clear, which is against CTA making lessors panic. Let lessors take back all frames and deal with lease dues later.

unrave

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:24 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
The entire restructuring plan is based on a fake ruling by the Indian central bank, which fell apart. This would have gone to NCLT months back.

Another fake ruling by DGCA claiming vendor dues have to clear, which is against CTA making lessors panic. Let lessors take back all frames and deal with lease dues later.

Both the rulings are very real. Nothing fake about them.

blrsea

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Apparently, the govt had asked the AAI and oil firms to not stop service to Jet according to a report a week or two back. Maybe the dues must have mounted a lot for IOC to take this step. Next could be AAI & BOM then probably!

hohd

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 pm

avier wrote:

lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Rest of India is over-served, BOM is underserved. There is a difference. Since the financial capital's airport has been in a capacity constrained like situation since almost a decade.
Hence, when the airport was growing naturally with capacity available, it was the largest in the country for a long time. Then, when it hit it's bottleneck , DEL overtook BOM to become the largest and has overtaken by more then +20mn pax/yr! And this, despite the financial capital having a far larger and wealthier population with all the major conglomerates and companies based out there. It would have remained no.1 had capacity been available like it is at DEL.

DEL was passing BOM even before the capacity constraints. Many of the southern cities are now connected directly to cities outside India and this is one of the catchment areas for BOM. DEL's catchment area has not been affected much and the city also has grown.

avier

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
SG is best at switching routes every season dodging 6E, they could wet lease more, but old planes don't wash well.

SG would do the least justice if served the left over slots at BOM/DEL. They'll probably launch BOM to Jharsuguda or Kishangarh, because no one flies that route, and probably drop 6 months later to fly a similar such route. They won't touch routes with market leader serving on it.

As much as I don't want them to get more prime slots; 6E would actually do a great job in filling up the vacuum. That's exactly what they did when KF/Deccan when bust. Route by route they started flights vacated by the defunct airline, and restored capacity on viable routes.

lightsaber

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:20 pm

How are fuel companies going to be repaid?

This is getting interesting.

I'm curious as to the timeline for aircraft transferred.

avier wrote:

lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

As I said, was over-served. If BOM previously was under-served, Jet would be doing far better today. It is now under served significantly. Natural growth is 10%+ per year, so I have zero fear of it being over-served again; by the time this is sorted out, the market will have grown 5% to 7% and the new airport is so far away it will not open in time to meet demand.

So re-allocate the slots.

Lightsaber

dtw2hyd

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Most likely ATF is on cash and carry basis.

This is happening in India. It ain't over until it is over. Didn't NG at one point says he can bring 700 Cr. Maybe he is waiting for lenders to get a clean shave, not just a hair cut.

avier

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm

lightsaber wrote:

As I said, was over-served. If BOM previously was under-served, Jet would be doing far better today. It is now under served significantly. Natural growth is 10%+ per year, so I have zero fear of it being over-served again; by the time this is sorted out, the market will have grown 5% to 7% and the new airport is so far away it will not open in time to meet demand.

So re-allocate the slots.

Lightsaber

Like I had mentioned earlier, an airline doing badly doesn't signify that the market it serves is weak. There have been LCC's in India that have shutdown or almost shutdown, and they served the same market as the current most profitable LCC of the country. So that doesn't mean there was no market for LCC's.
So that obviously came down to internal issues of the companies, and not just blame the market alone.
It's well known for anyone who follows Indian aviation since the last decade and a half or more( and not just last 8 months) that 9W's issues started back when it went ahead with its acquisition of another airline and it's expensive WB a/c orders, with a poor focus on keeping costs low.

unrave

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:

This is happening in India. It ain't over until it is over. Didn't NG at one point says he can bring 700 Cr. Maybe he is waiting for lenders to get a clean shave, not just a hair cut.

700 cr is chicken feed. Won't even clear the salary dues.

aemoreira1981

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:09 pm

I see April 10 as the end if not sooner. It would be best to just let 9W die and auction off what little owned assets it has.

avier

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:18 pm

SpiceJet will fly one flight each BOM- MAA/CCU/VNS & BKK.

FB330

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:24 pm

Jet Airways was always my airline of choice when flying domestically in India.

One of the things that upsets me is that I can still go onto their website and book domestic flights as if nothing is wrong. Flights are still bookable (for departure in April) that haven't actually flown for days or weeks. As a reader of the market and this site, I would know not to book it but outside of India (and our internet group), who else would?

I worry that many people are still booking inadvertently without knowing the facts. I accept that if Jet have big banners over the website announcing their troubles, they won't get any bookings, but at least take things off sale that won't happen. In fact, is what they're doing even legal?

avier

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:53 pm

More AirAsia flights from BOM- HYD/IDR & DEL x2.

avier

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:23 pm

6E will add one rotation each from BOM -
Bengaluru/Hyderabad/Kochi/Indore/Bhopal/Nagpur/Vadodara. More expected.

lightsaber

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:26 pm

unrave wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

700 cr is chicken feed. Won't even clear the salary dues.

7,000 cr might be the minimum to save Jet after significant debt reduction. This went 5 months too long. What was Goyal thinking?

What is the itemized past due list of debt?
Seriously, this is amateur hour for a bankruptcy.

Lightsaber

edealinfo

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:45 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
I see April 10 as the end if not sooner. It would be best to just let 9W die and auction off what little owned assets it has.

How did you get to April 10? I would assume the natural date is April 14. The pilots go on strike on April 15

aemoreira1981

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:48 pm

edealinfo wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

How did you get to April 10? I would assume the natural date is April 14. The pilots go on strike on April 15

There is a brief sale period from April 6 to April 9. If no credible bids are received, I see the lenders winding up the airline.

edealinfo

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 pm

Moneycontrol.com is reporting that in a dramatic turn of events, Etihad met with SBI to pursue its interest in Jet and that Kramer ball, the former Jet CE O was at this meeting. The paper quoting others Sri’s that Jet was needed to feed Etihad’s hub and with Natesh Goyal our of the picture , and Modi getting the Zayed award, things are looking better. So it is a mutually beneficial realayionsjop with the Zayed award carrying the day

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:02 am

avier wrote:

Has Air Asia got fresh aircraft from its parent. Kudos to them on jumping on the Mumbai slots. They certainly have more depth to fill in the gap than Vistara. Shame on you Vistara for also not ceasing on the opportunity

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:25 am

FB330 wrote:

One of the things that upsets me is that I can still go onto their website and book domestic flights as if nothing is wrong. Flights are still bookable (for departure in April) that haven't actually flown for days or weeks. As a reader of the market and this site, I would know not to book it but outside of India (and our internet group), who else would?

I worry that many people are still booking inadvertently without knowing the facts. I accept that if Jet have big banners over the website announcing their troubles, they won't get any bookings, but at least take things off sale that won't happen. In fact, is what they're doing even legal?

I reported this on this forum 2 days ago. DCGA is as usual sleepy. Instead they stupidly spend their time chasing”errant” flight attendants who dance on planes ....during special occasions because they would “affect the center of gravity of the plane” by their dancing

WPvsMW

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:38 am

"Earlier this week, Goyal said he had has agreed to sacrifice "every control and interest" in the distressed airline and signed on the "dotted lines" to ensure the lenders transfer emergency funds to the company."
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 69441.html

Too early to say that EY prevails and 9W survives, but we can say that EY is better at poker than NG, and that if EY succeeds, NG won't own any of 9W. Must be a sweet moment for Cramer Ball, having been shown the door by NG.

How do Cramer Ball and Vinay Dube get along, I wonder...

CaliguyNYC

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:40 am

edealinfo wrote:
Moneycontrol.com is reporting that in a dramatic turn of events, Etihad met with SBI to pursue its interest in Jet and that Kramer ball, the former Jet CE O was at this meeting. The paper quoting others Sri’s that Jet was needed to feed Etihad’s hub and with Natesh Goyal our of the picture , and Modi getting the Zayed award, things are looking better. So it is a mutually beneficial realayionsjop with the Zayed award carrying the day

What does the award have to do with it? India and UAE were always close. The question was how badly did EY want Jet and what concessions did it want from the GOI.

vadodara
Topic Author

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:43 am

edealinfo wrote:

Notwithstanding the Zayed award, it is true that EY needs the India feed to be viable. So does the expansion of Abu Dhabi airport.

Considering that 9W has only 777's remaining, EY has a tall order indeed to ramp the bus to Abu Dhabi. From Indian perspective, it is even better. It would mean that the BOM slots are of no consequence and EY will replenish 9W's narrow body fleet either by its on aircraft transfer or purchase of new aircraft.

CaliguyNYC

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:32 am

vadodara wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Notwithstanding the Zayed award, it is true that EY needs the India feed to be viable. So does the expansion of Abu Dhabi airport.

Considering that 9W has only 777's remaining, EY has a tall order indeed to ramp the bus to Abu Dhabi. From Indian perspective, it is even better. It would mean that the BOM slots are of no consequence and EY will replenish 9W's narrow body fleet either by its on aircraft transfer or purchase of new aircraft.

I think you are making a big leap on the BOM slots. EY needs a strong Jet to feed higher value pax through AUH. EY knows full well flying people from US to India for $800 is not a business

Antarius

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:37 am

unrave wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Both the rulings are very real. Nothing fake about them.

Nah, this whole thing is a giant PR hack job, remember?
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:50 am

Economic Times is stating that TPG, Indigo Partners, NIIF, KLM and Delta May be interested along with Etihad. Tata and adani are out

ThomasMTroxell

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:43 am

Will be quite interesting to see if DL and KLM partner with Ethiad to save Jet, if those rumors are true. Delta needs an Indian partner, as does AF-KL. I hope with NG out of the picture things start to recover quickly.
CRJ CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E90 DC9 MD80 MD88 MD90 717 733 734 735 73W 738 739ER 744 752 753 763 76W 764 77E 77L 77W A319 A320 A321 A343 US HP DL FL WN LH AC BA AB UA TW

avier

Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:59 am

Some stupid Indian media houses have already begun confusing Indigo Partners with IndiGo airlines, and are tweeting the airlines interest in the EoI put out for stake sale.

Spiderguy252

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:17 am

avier wrote:
Some stupid Indian media houses have already begun confusing Indigo Partners with IndiGo airlines, and are tweeting the airlines interest in the EoI put out for stake sale.

They did the same when Indigo partners bought 400+ A320NEOs, and confused that with the similar IndiGo (6E) order.
Vahroone

unrave

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 am

Jet Airways has suspended IFE on all flights (including international). If you're flying medium haul international there's hardy any difference between flying Jet and IndiGo/SpiceJet

Antarius

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:55 am

unrave wrote:
Jet Airways has suspended IFE on all flights (including international). If you're flying medium haul international there's hardy any difference between flying Jet and IndiGo/SpiceJet

Why? Content licensing cost?
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA

unrave

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:22 pm

Antarius wrote:

They likely haven't paid content providers for the last several months

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:09 pm

avier wrote:

This is really funny.

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:10 pm

unrave wrote:

How does this save them money? Do they save on licensing fees for media on the IFE?

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:19 pm

unrave wrote:
Antarius wrote:

They likely haven't paid content providers for the last several months

wow! At least the know how to chip at costs. Getting it to the bare bone. What other things could they possibly strip? They can't yank food.

Unfortunately, it is the elections that's preventing them from terminating excess employees which could have made a meaningful dent in costs. The counter argument to that is that they are not paying employees anyway so it wouldn't make a difference at this time.

I am happy though that Jet is doing everything to hang on to the international flights to Europe and N. America thereby preserving their relationship with DL, KLM, AF and Virgin. In fact, if they have to cut anything else, it should be the domestic flights and go to 20 aircraft even though the Government could technically yank their right to fly international. The government won't as it wouldn't wan't to be the culprit that pulled the rug, and in any case, Jet lawyers could argue that the way allowed international rights are determined it is base don say a specified period....rolling 6 months or 8 months or 12 months......not a single snapshot in time......and this argument will carry the day.

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:21 pm

avier wrote:

How to interpret this?

Does it mean BOM to IDR, IDR to DEL, DEL to BOM, BOM to IDR and IDR to DEL?

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:23 pm

edealinfo wrote:
avier wrote:

How many BOM and DEL slots are used in this rotation?

Where is AirAsia getting the aircraft from? Or, are they using existing aircraft more efficiently?

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:29 pm

avier wrote:

How to Interpret this?
Is it BOM to BLR , BLR to HYD, HYD to Kochi, Kochi to Indore, Indore to Bhopal, Bhopal to Nagpur, Nagpur to Vadodara, Vadorda to Bombay?

If so, what is the logic, because it only utilizes 2 Bombay slots?

Wouldn't it have been better for the following which would have captured 8 BOM slots?

BOM to BLR 2 X
BOM to HYD 2 X
BOM to Kochi 2X
BOM to Nagpur 2X

avier

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:33 pm

avier wrote:

And BOM- Chennai/Patna.

edealinfo wrote:
avier wrote:

How to interpret this?
Does it mean BOM to IDR, IDR to DEL, DEL to BOM, BOM to IDR and IDR to DEL?

That's one flight each from Mumbai- Hyderabad & Indore and two flights on BOM-Delhi.

edealinfo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
avier wrote:

How many BOM and DEL slots are used in this rotation?
Where is AirAsia getting the aircraft from? Or, are they using existing aircraft more efficiently?

They have temporary 10 slots at BOM.

edealinfo wrote:
avier wrote:

How to Interpret this?
Is it BOM to BLR , BLR to HYD, HYD to Kochi, Kochi to Indore, Indore to Bhopal, Bhopal to Nagpur, Nagpur to Vadodara, Vadorda to Bombay?

No. Those are all roundtrip flights from BOM to those places only.
Understand after "-" various destinations separated by"/" from BOM only.

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:41 pm

TATA's are back in the fray and Singapore Airlines is assisting with the bid!

https://www.thehindu.com/business/Indus ... 750312.ece

edealinfo

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:48 pm

avier wrote:
avier wrote:
No. Those are all roundtrip flights from BOM to those places only.
Understand after "-" various destinations separated by"/" from BOM only.

Wow, so 6E is really going after Jet's slots in a methodically way.

So are the slots being allocated according to how many aircraft can be brought in by carriers....meaning whoever has the most space capacity is the biggest winner? Or, does BOM and DEL or DCGA, have a fair way of distributing the slots?

I see 6E starting flights in June. Why can't Visata do the same since it is getting a new A320 in June 2019? They could ask for it to be scheduled from BOM and DEL and grab up those slots from June on-wards.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos