GSP psgr
Topic Author

Next Non-US BA Longhaul Destination?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:02 pm

BA's been on a binge in terms of adding US destinations (AUS, SJC, MSY, BNA, PIT, and FLL ex-LGW) of late with only Durban on the horizon as a new ex-LHR longhaul. It makes one wonder what BA's next non-US longhaul route might be. Some of the destinations that are often bandied about are:

Asia: Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Islamabad, Osaka, Jakarta, Guangzhou, Taipei
Africa: Entebbe, Dar Es Salaam, Lusaka, Addis Ababa, Kigali
The Americas: Bogota, Edmonton, Ottawa
Oceania: Auckland, Melbourne

Personally, I'll go with Bogota-booming economy, LAN connections to the rest of Colombia, no ME3 competition to worry about, and it's not like Avianca's product is a world beater. That's a formula that plays to a lot of BA's strengths. Could be some hot/high issues, but the 787 could do it nonstop both ways.

TheLion

Re: Next Non-US BA Longhaul Destination?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Great topic to start, though it's been covered before, it's always an interesting one. My own list of new destinations in the next few years is as follows, with destinations for each region listed in order of predicted launch. Some are shrewd ideas, rather than likely launches. This list is also too long for BA; they could make a lot of these work today, but under the current management, they're way, way too conservative:

FROM LHR
Middle East: Dammam, Baghdad, Damascus
Asia: Islamabad, Osaka, Guangzhou, Saigon, Jakarta, Calcutta, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Taipei
Oceania: Melbourne
Africa: Dar Es Salaam, Freetown & Monrovia, Harare, Casablanca, Abidjan, Port Harcourt, Lusaka, Entebbe, Tripoli, Benghazi
North America: St Louis, Columbus, Ottawa, Portland (OR), Detroit
Central Am. & Caribbean: Panama City, Georgetown
South America: Bogotá, Brasília
Oceania: Melbourne

FROM LGW
Middle East: Eilat
Asia: Phuket, Denpasar, Amritsar, Penang
Oceania: None
Africa: Tunis, Cabo Verde (Sal or Praia), Agadir, Luxor, Alexandria
North America: Fort Myers
Caribbean: Havana, St Vincent, Belize City
South America: Salvador/Recife
Oceania: None

Finally, in order I'll go for Islamabad, St Louis, Dar Es Salaam, Bogotá & Osaka as my top five LHR destinations, in that order. For LGW it's Havana, St Vincent & Phuket as my top three.

Whatever they launch, I know I'm not alone on here in hoping that they improve their rather average service and offer a better overall product and customer experience for the overpriced fares they charge.

PatrickZ80

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Panama Tocumen perhaps? I'm actually surprised they don't fly there. As a matter of fact, there are no flights at all between London and Panama. Of course their partner Iberia serves it as well as their competitors KLM and Lufthansa, but I think there's enough demand to throw another European airline in the mix.

lhrsfosyd

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Abijan, Bogota, Osaka.

AschtehhellenK

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 pm

I would like to see DAR or EBB as the next launch. East Africa (excluding NBO) is lacking connections unless you go KLM, SWISS, or ME3.

FlyingHollander

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 pm

I was just looking at their route map the other day on my LHR-AMS flight, and it's always a shock to see how few long haul destinations BA serves outside North America. Even many former colonies aren't served. AF does a much better job covering those.
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much.

steeler83

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 pm

I would wager something on either Taipei or Guangzhou for Asia.
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

by738

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Dont see anything in Africa or China for the forseeable tbh.
Islamabad I might go for.

Luisvalero

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:10 pm

The most logical additions would be:

Charlotte
Detroit
Portland
Panama City
Bogota

Dakar
Entebbe
Dar es Salaam
Addis Ababa

Ankara
Baku
Islamabad
Kolkata
Ahmedabad
Colombo
Dhaka
Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City
Jakarta
Manila
Taipei
Guangzhou
Chongqing/Chengdu
Osaka

Melbourne

BML87

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:58 pm

I'd like to see them in Edmonton but since they can barely make Calgary work it won't happen.

Taipei has been on a roll lately, so I'll put my money there.

ahj2000

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:06 pm

I'd love to see them do a LHR-BOG-PTY-LHR triangle, eventually serving them nonstop. I think upper South America, tied into the local LA network, is a hole that could be filled nicely and profitably. They may need to go nonstop to BOG due to AV competition, however.
-Andrés Juánez

neomax

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Hoping to see them get ISB in the future.

Arion640

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:43 pm

neomax wrote:
Hoping to see them get ISB in the future.

They were out at ISB not too long ago inspecting the new terminal.

BOG and STL would be 2 to watch I think. Maybe TPE in the longer term.

They don’t go after traffic from much of the ex colonies in Africa as a lot of it is low yielding and premium traffic is what makes BA tick.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.

LAXLHR

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 pm

FlyingHollander wrote:
I was just looking at their route map the other day on my LHR-AMS flight, and it's always a shock to see how few long haul destinations BA serves outside North America. Even many former colonies aren't served. AF does a much better job covering those.

Yes its shocking, I remember the good ole days when they flew just about everywhere.

In the past BA served A LOT more of these destinations that are now missing from their network map. Something many on here do not understand about AA and BA, or at least forget. They fly to where they can make the most money with the given fleet, period. Its not that they couldn't make money to a number of African and South American destinations (its just that they can make more to where they send those planes) That's their strategy, same as AA at JFK.

Historically 40% of BA's profit came from North America - out of the WHOLE global network.
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380

GSP psgr
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 pm

BML87 wrote:
I'd like to see them in Edmonton but since they can barely make Calgary work it won't happen.

Taipei has been on a roll lately, so I'll put my money there.

In Edmonton, BA wouldn't have to compete with Air Canada like they do in Calgary; they'd have YEG-LHR all to themselves and would only have to compete with WestJet to LGW on a seasonal basis. That's a formula that could work for BA with a 3 class 788.

flyPIT

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Luisvalero wrote:

Charlotte
Detroit
Portland
Panama City
Bogota

I agree on all of these except CLT; especially PDX even though DL already flies the route. The Pacific NW in general is growing so fast its just a matter of time for BA. I remember when BA served SEA and YVR combined 4x weekly with 747s, with YVR being only a tag from SEA. Look at how the capacity to each of those has grown over the years since.

As long as AA maintains it's current frequency to CLT I don't see why BA would enter that market.
FLYi

by738

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:25 pm

What happened to the title 'Non-US destination' ..... ;)

Galwayman

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Agree with Bogota , would be a great add . But disagree with the comments about Avianca ... service on board is miles ahead of BA especially in economy . Avianca is a fantastic airline

GCT64

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm

I don't see anything in China (lots of market but massive amounts of Chinese capacity being added, seemingly more every day!) - possible JV with CZ will help address that market as well.
I'm guessing Central / South America or (non-China) Asia.
I don't really know much about Central / South America but in Asia I could see Jakarta being added at some point. Fast growing economy with a massive population (250M = biggest country in the World not served by BA) and lots of business opportunities to get the higher yielding business pax on board. Do a code share with a reputable local partner (if they can find one!) to add easy connections to Bali for UK tourists.
Flown in: A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..55 more types..),VC10,WESX

ShinyAndChrome

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 pm

by738 wrote:
What happened to the title 'Non-US destination' ..... ;)

Seriously people.

Echoing what others have mentioned, I think BOG would make a logical choice, though the elevation issues are well known. PTY seems like another strong contender though I don't really have any evidence for this. IB might be best suited to take this traffic connecting but I could see a sufficient O&D base at least on a seasonal basis.

Speaking of BA partners, assuming they don't get closer with AY, I could see them start looking at some secondary NE Asian destinations, again maybe on a seasonal basis. Maybe KIX? I could've sworn someone flew it before.

ghdc10

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Great post. Abidjan and Entebbe were previously served but have been discontinued. To my knowledge, BA do not operate triangular routings but LHR-ACC-ABJ-LHR could do well. A terminating flight in Accra with a stop in Abidjan could prove an even stronger option. Low yield traffic could be moved off the current nonstop to London where possible. It would add an additional daily frequency to ACC and allow late afternoon arrival into Heathrow for onwards connections to Western USA and western Canada. Abidjan on the other would benefit from an alternative to Paris for far east premium traffic like Tokyo and Seoul. Currently Ek stops in Accra so not as competitive. Any thoughts on BA trying to break into the market currently dominated by French carriers in Abidjan?

BA777FO

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:36 pm

I've heard a few rumours - with the extra Monarch slots there'll most likely be 2 LGW longhaul announcements for summer 2019. Interesting that Bogota has been mentioned as that's one of the rumours, unlikely from Gatwick I'd have thought. Unfortunately there's a lack of bunked aircraft capacity at LGW, only 3 or 4 aircraft are fitted with crew bunks out of the 13 aircraft based there so it may end up being somewhere within 9ish hours of LGW. Caribbean, possibly, or perhaps somewhere to go head-to-head with Norweigan with the new densified 777s.

From LHR Osaka and Gaungzhou would be contenders - but the new tie up/code-sharing with China Eastern may just see some codeshares into China rather than new service; Chengdu really didn't pan out well and the aircraft was much better utilised serving MSY.

With Africa, LHRLAX is spot on, it just doesn't yield enough (besides those already served) - going into Francophone African countries won't happen, there's very little UK O&D to Cameroon, Mali, Burkina Faso or Ivory Coast. Dar es Salaam, Lusaka and Entebbe were all previous 767 destinations but as they've been retired, the 787-8 is much more profitable flying to BNA and MSY. BA only has so many slots at LHR - they have to use them wisely.

Jakarta is a good shout, as is Islamabad. Unfortunately Islamabad hasn't been restarted due to security concerns. It has been looked at lately but nothing forthcoming so far.

The other big problem is slots and aircraft - there aren't enough of either! Any longhaul expansion at LHR will likely have to come at the expense of a short haul frequency (NCL has been reduced a lot lately) or frequency reductions on longhaul elsewhere. Although there are 787-10s and A350-1000s on order they're pretty much all 747 replacements. New routes are relatively risky - there's been a trend of late of adding extra frequencies such as Sao Paulo and Jo'burg. I think the best bet is for one or two new Gatwick longhaul routes for summer 2019 to be announced within the next couple of months.

CHI787ORD

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 pm

LHR-Lucknow makes no sense at all. It's not a city with many international business connections or that much VFR for that matter. The ME3 don't even serve it.

LGW-Amritsar makes more sense but a few airlines have tried LON-Amritsar in the past and it doesn't really seem to make any money. I think we're more likely to see LGW-Lahore.

GSP psgr
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 pm

I'll throw this out there, but could BA have success with a higher density 777 out of Gatwick to Calcutta or Ahmedabad catering largely to O&D London traffic? Granted, you'd get some additional feed from the likes of JFK and YYZ, but is it a viable proposition or do India routes really need to go out of LHR to work?

gunnerman

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:49 pm

There are many Indians living in places such as Southall and Hayes who find LHR convenient and won't want to trek to LGW.

N292UX

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:59 pm

Well in North America I am nearly 100% confident their next destination will be CLT. Would be a good supplement to AA.

As for outside North America, there's a lot of options I see:
-KIX
-CGK
-CCU
-ISB
-EBB

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:18 am

GSP psgr wrote:
I'll throw this out there, but could BA have success with a higher density 777 out of Gatwick to Calcutta or Ahmedabad catering largely to O&D London traffic? Granted, you'd get some additional feed from the likes of JFK and YYZ, but is it a viable proposition or do India routes really need to go out of LHR to work?

For CCU perhaps, but for AMD many would be connecting from the US and Canada thus LGW won't work then.

Even now the India-LHR flights don't rely solely on O&D. Lots of onward connections to the US and Canada.

mdavies06

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:52 am

I think a few years down the line PER could still be launched as a non-stop, given the apparent success that QF is having. I know it has been stated by WW publicly as a no for now but I do not see BA staying away for long if it is really profitable. Otherwise, I think PTY, KIX, DAR and a currently not served India/China city is the most likely. I don't see BOG as likely as AV is on the route already, and BA likes no direct competition on a route.

JetBlueCLT

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:32 am

flyPIT wrote:
Luisvalero wrote:

Charlotte
Detroit
Portland
Panama City
Bogota

I agree on all of these except CLT; especially PDX even though DL already flies the route. The Pacific NW in general is growing so fast its just a matter of time for BA. I remember when BA served SEA and YVR combined 4x weekly with 747s, with YVR being only a tag from SEA. Look at how the capacity to each of those has grown over the years since.

As long as AA maintains it's current frequency to CLT I don't see why BA would enter that market.

I disagree, I think in time BA will start service to CLT. AA/BA running 3 CLT-LHR in the summer, then 2 in the winter, 1 BA flight and 1 AA flight during the winter season. It only makes sense for BA to fly to AA 2nd largest hub. In due time of course.
Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, Pirates and Charlotte Hornets Fan

ghdc10

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:36 am

BA777FO wrote:
With Africa, LHRLAX is spot on, it just doesn't yield enough (besides those already served) - going into Francophone African countries won't happen, there's very little UK O&D to Cameroon, Mali, Burkina Faso or Ivory Coast. Dar es Salaam, Lusaka and Entebbe were all previous 767 destinations but as they've been retired, the 787-8 is much more profitable flying to BNA and MSY. BA only has so many slots at LHR - they have to use them wisely.

Actually, as France has slowed economically compared to UK more and more Francophone Africans have found their way to the UK and also Germany. It is true that many of the francophone West Africans do business with France and Belgium so Brussels Airlines and Air France have a significant market share but far east traffic is anyone's game. Same thing has happened in Canada, by the way. The province of Quebec isn't as economically attractive for new immigrants as it once was. Many folks leave Quebec and Ontario making their way to the more prosperous western provinces. That said, no airline is going to start a route based on viability of one market segment alone unless it is high volume traffic. This is why I suggest the stop before ACC for example. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, IAG is going to have to decide if it uses LHR or MAD to connect most of these smaller higher yielding markets to their global network.

neomax

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:39 am

CHI787ORD wrote:
I think we're more likely to see LGW-Lahore.

Very interesting idea...

I'm based at TPA/MCO currently and have wanted a LHR flight for years. I always thought if BA ever resumed PK, it would be from LHR which would require an arduous LGW-LHR transfer and thus I am also hoping for an MCO-LHR flight in that case. But I never thought about the possibility of a PK flight from LGW! We already have LGW so the connection would be a breeze from TPA/MCO!

TRFLYER

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 am

Expect a lot more UK-Africa traffic starting 2019/2020 as the UK government will be giving subsidies to any British airlines looking who agree to serve a number of African destination from LHR/LGW/MAN.

eamondzhang

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:20 am

Well to be honest USA is the only place where BA can have an advantage in its service offerings when comparing with its competitors so no wonder why BA has so few long-haul destinations outside USA.

Michael

willenglish

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 am

Next logical US destination would be CLT.

Outside of the US, I think BOG also makes a lot of sense for them. YEG is interesting as well, but with them pulling out of YYC and making it a seasonal route, I don’t think we’ll see that.

TSA125

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:21 am

Though it seems Islamabad is a high contender on this thread, why not LHE or even KHI? (Just to play Devil's Advocate)
No not that TSA.

sabby

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:48 am

LHR-CCU could definitely work, especially timing with a MAN connection and with incoming US connections.

GSP psgr
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:50 am

BA777FO wrote:
I've heard a few rumours - with the extra Monarch slots there'll most likely be 2 LGW longhaul announcements for summer 2019. Interesting that Bogota has been mentioned as that's one of the rumours, unlikely from Gatwick I'd have thought. Unfortunately there's a lack of bunked aircraft capacity at LGW, only 3 or 4 aircraft are fitted with crew bunks out of the 13 aircraft based there so it may end up being somewhere within 9ish hours of LGW. Caribbean, possibly, or perhaps somewhere to go head-to-head with Norweigan with the new densified 777s.

Spitballing as to a par of sub 9h routes:

Carribbean-ish/North America: Fort Myers (USA) , Montego Bay (Jamaica), Havana or Holguin (Cuba)? Panama City's probably a bit too far. A complete wildcard would be a LGW frequency to a standard US market as extra summer seasonal lift (my guess: Boston, maybe Philadelphia with the AA hub)
Africa: Johannesburg (a la the Cape Town operation; if they got really adventurous maybe via Windhoek or Nairobi with 5th freedom to the Comair hub)?
Asia: Either a secondary frequency to somewhere in India or maybe something like Calcutta? Ho Chi Minh City and Phuket are a bit too far, but might otherwise be good fits as premium leisure routes. Dhaka's probably too low yield.

LupineChemist

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:41 am

Honestly, I'm kind of shocked they added PIT and not to a country governed by an existing bilateral rather than EU wide agreement as is the case with the US.

There is a very real possibility of Bermuda II coming back in 7 months time which would be a disaster for BA. Everyone seems to be discounting it, but that's de default position right now unless the government can come up with something better. I would think they'd want to be hedging that by getting more routes that wouldn't be affected.

Personally I don't see the UK leaving the ECAA, but that's currently what's on the table.

EDIT: Might also want to wait a few months to see what happens with Norwegian. If they can get a bunch of 787s, that will radically change route decisions.

seansasLCY

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:56 am

[url][/url]
TRFLYER wrote:
Expect a lot more UK-Africa traffic starting 2019/2020 as the UK government will be giving subsidies to any British airlines looking who agree to serve a number of African destination from LHR/LGW/MAN.

Where have you heard this from? I’ve not seen anything and I’d imagine if they were going to subsidise routes Africa won’t be the first option for many reasons.

LH658

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:01 am

With the new Imran Khan Pakistani government coming to power, plus the new Islamabad airport. I can see BA returning to ISB within 2 years from now. Especially since Exxon/ENI announced there close find huge oil reserves to size of Kuwait reserves in western Pakistan.

LH658

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 am

Not just Islamabad though, but can even see LHE and KHI being potentially served as well!

Slash787

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:48 am

It is a big surprise that BA does not flies to Osaka, even if there is not much traffic, B787-8 could be the suitable aircraft for that route.

bgm

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 am

Title of this thread: Next Non-US BA Longhaul Destination?

Yet we have gems such as these:
Luisvalero wrote:

Charlotte
Detroit
Portland

flyPIT wrote:
I agree on all of these except CLT; especially PDX even though DL already flies the route.

N292UX wrote:
Well in North America I am nearly 100% confident their next destination will be CLT. Would be a good supplement to AA.

JetBlueCLT wrote:
I disagree, I think in time BA will start service to CLT. AA/BA running 3 CLT-LHR in the summer, then 2 in the winter, 1 BA flight and 1 AA flight during the winter season. It only makes sense for BA to fly to AA 2nd largest hub. In due time of course.

willenglish wrote:
Next logical US destination would be CLT.

:sarcastic:

ShinyAndChrome wrote:
Seriously people.

:checkmark:
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

TC957

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:15 am

Slash787 wrote:
It is a big surprise that BA does not flies to Osaka, even if there is not much traffic, B787-8 could be the suitable aircraft for that route.

They used too, I believe high costs of operating into KIX at that time was a determining factor to stop the service.
I wonder if a LHR-CTS-KIX service would be good ? No direct competition from any European airline to CTS.

APYu

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 am

They wont do much in China, there are repeatedly saying that's a market for alliances.
They wont do anything in Oceania - I'm surprised Sydney has lasted this long to be honest. Its the Singapore leg of that flight which keeps it going.
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

ZK-NBT

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:32 am

APYu wrote:
They wont do much in China, there are repeatedly saying that's a market for alliances.
They wont do anything in Oceania - I'm surprised Sydney has lasted this long to be honest. Its the Singapore leg of that flight which keeps it going.

WW did mention MEL a while back that they would like to return or something along those lines, weather this happens or not I don’t no, it requires 3 frames for a daily service. SYD has improved a lot with the 77W as it did seem like they might cut it a few years back.

KIX seems a reasonable guess for the next non US long haul port with a 788.

Seat0F

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 am

I gather 1 more 777 is moving to LGW for next summer so we will see some more routes, or maybe the “tags” from ANU/UVF could go direct?

Have heard rumours of Damman and Islamabad out of LHR being looked at.

BA777FO

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:57 am

ghdc10 wrote:
This is why I suggest the stop before ACC for example. I suppose in the grand scheme of things, IAG is going to have to decide if it uses LHR or MAD to connect most of these smaller higher yielding markets to their global network.

BA has been moving away from the trips with shuttles (BAH-DOH, AUH-MCT are all now terminators) and same is true in the Caribbean as PUJ is now served non-stop, could possibly see POS become non-stop or MBJ restarted, although when it was cancelled back in 2009/10? BA weren't happy with its performance at all. Not sure there would be any local traffic rights on an Accra-Abidjan flight so it's a non-starter as a tag on really.

West works for BA because of the joint business with American across the Atlantic. That's why St. Louis is probably one of the next on a 787. Osaka will be up there with new routes being considered. Calcutta would be a welcome addition but it's not necessarily high yielding - on a 787-8 there are 35 business class seats to sell. CCU could sell the back but not necessarily the front end.

Quite a lot has been announced already: new routes to Durban and Pittsburgh. Seychelles and Santiago were started recently along with Nashville. There are extra frequencies to Sao Paulo, Dulles and Jo'burg and a lot of equipement changes on other routes. I'd expect up to maybe two new long haul routes for S19 but the best bet for non-US is probably from Gatwick and it'll be more leisure focused, not India or Pakistan - they'll definitely be at LHR for all the north American connections.

mdavies06

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 am

I am not sure Islamabad is as close to the top as everyone thinks it is, unless all the other European legacy carriers are wrong. I'd expect e.g. KL or LH to show up first. These carriers cover the UK and ROI just as broadly as BA. Not to mention other off the left field European carriers such as OS and SU.

I struggle to come up with a long haul destination in Asia (except HYD) which BA flies to that no other European carrier flies to today. They are pretty conservative.

LachlanSJT

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am

Earlier this year BA hinted at Melbourne being a possible future destination. I Suppose they may want to take some of the market share on the Melbourne-LHR route as capacity with QF has been cut with the dreamliners and with less First Class seats.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos