Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JannEejit
Topic Author

Unverified: Another pilot fails alcohol limit at GLA.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm

News just breaking, this morning's United service UA162, GLA-EWR was cancelled after an alleged removal from aircraft of the captain under suspicion of being over the safe alcohol limit. Passengers were sent to local hotels and the aircraft, a 757-200, N17105 remains on the ground at GLA. I believe this is the third such incident at GLA in recent times, with another United crew member and two Air Transat pilots having been previously apprehended on similar charges.

No verifiable news sources as yet.
Last edited by atcsundevil on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edited due to no source provided

xijiayu

Re: Another pilot fails alcohol limit at GLA.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:00 am

Flightradar shows yesterday UA162 from GLA-EWR had been cancelled and today UA have two flights to EWR (UA162 leaving at 9am and UA2814 leaving at 11am). Perhaps UA2814 is here to bring stranded passengers back to EWR.

andymartin

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 am

The booze must be too cheap up there.

JannEejit
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:23 am

xijiayu wrote:
Flightradar shows yesterday UA162 from GLA-EWR had been cancelled and today UA have two flights to EWR (UA162 leaving at 9am and UA2814 leaving at 11am). Perhaps UA2814 is here to bring stranded passengers back to EWR.

UA2814 is yesterday's 757 going back to EWR with the stranded passengers. I'm also hearing the pilot has walked away free owing to lack of sufficient evidence in his test results.

JannEejit
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 am

andymartin wrote:
The booze must be too cheap up there.

Not since minimum unit alcohol pricing was introduced.

mmo

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:30 am

How about posting a source. Otherwise, the flight could have been delayed due to a MX issue or some other issue. Not really fair to accuse someone of something and not be able to provide a source.
If we weren't all crazy we'd all go insane!

Blockplus

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Sounds like hu ha. Unless there is verifiable proof that a crime occured, this is all speculation and this thread should be closed.
Planeside popo breath test are fallable, that is why if it is anything but 0.0 they haul you down to the local station for a blood test. When it comes back 0.0 the flight has already been cx.

ScottishDavie

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 pm

mmo wrote:
How about posting a source. Otherwise, the flight could have been delayed due to a MX issue or some other issue. Not really fair to accuse someone of something and not be able to provide a source.

Hear, hear. There is nothing showing about this in any mainstream Scottish news outlet. If the source is your girlfriend's second cousin's ex-wife who happens to sell duty free perfume at GLA please say so. There was a well-publicised incident with drunk cockpit crew on UA162 but that was in August 2016.

JannEejit
Topic Author

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:40 pm

mmo wrote:

I said in the OP that it was a breaking news story and that there was currently no verifiable source, be assured the incident occured. The information was passed to me by friends working at GLA. And the local media were informed of the incident but chose not to run with it, as is often the case. I'll keep any such future information to myself however.

OneSexyL1011

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:46 pm

No sources huh? :roll:

twicearound

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:54 pm

JannEejit wrote:
mmo wrote:

I said in the OP that it was a breaking news story and that there was currently no verifiable source, be assured the incident occured. The information was passed to me by friends working at GLA. And the local media were informed of the incident but chose not to run with it, as is often the case. I'll keep any such future information to myself however.

Unless we can verify your claim with a reliable source it isn't breaking news. Just hearsay or something you made up. If YOU want to post "news" or share information it's YOUR duty to provide credible evidence. That's how it works bud.

Tkt96

Re: Unverified: Another pilot fails alcohol limit at GLA.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Pilots must have PASSED all testing from local police because the same crew flew the flight back today.

Looks more like a mistake from overzealous security.

Probably took a delay and ran out of duty time yesterday.

Sadly a retraction or apology will never make the front page of the newspaper

SQ22

Re: Unverified: Another pilot fails alcohol limit at GLA.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:43 pm

As long as there will be no confirmation of this I consider this as an unverified rumour and I have not mentioned the post above. Thread will be locked.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos