Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DFF

Re: Air Canada prepares Rouge for ULCC competition

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:20 pm

1900Driver wrote:
jimbo737 wrote:

The 319’s economics, even in all Y config, aren’t even remotely close to newer 737-800’s when it is all said and done. Fuel burn, maintenance cost, daily utilization, seat capacity, amongst other things, conspire against that airframe, even with a zero capital cost. It don’t work...

You really think narrow body Rouge has lower stage length adjusted unit costs than WJ, let alone Swoop? Man, would I like to play poker with you.

Ever heard of the “awe shucks” strategy?

If Rouge’s 50+ tail sub fleet has costs lower than WJ’s, thereby driving down AC’s consolidated unit costs, man, do they have a serious problem elsewhere in their system. Something is causing those unit costs to be sky high, even with an ASL that is now double WJ’s.

“Emoji with hang banging into wall.”

Under what conditions are you comparing the aircrafts? What stage lengths? Which Markets? Are the aircraft being leased or financed??
Your assumptions are based on perfect conditions. What if the airplane is half full? Yes, the spread between Marginal revenue & marginal cost per seat exceeds that of a 319, but will swoop be able to stimulate enough demand to fill the seats? Open questions that have yet to be answered.

You speak like an airline geek, but have very little understanding of basic business principles.
BTW, stop comparing wj & Ac. Both have very different businesses.

WJA is going through some hard times now & the market believes it. Made a few bucks shorting the stock recently... maybe more downside to go.

You clearly have no idea who Jimbo737 really is then - and not knowing tells me you’re not all that versed in the industry.

ac7e7

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:02 am

DFF wrote:
1900Driver wrote:
jimbo737 wrote:

The 319’s economics, even in all Y config, aren’t even remotely close to newer 737-800’s when it is all said and done. Fuel burn, maintenance cost, daily utilization, seat capacity, amongst other things, conspire against that airframe, even with a zero capital cost. It don’t work...

You really think narrow body Rouge has lower stage length adjusted unit costs than WJ, let alone Swoop? Man, would I like to play poker with you.

If Rouge’s 50+ tail sub fleet has costs lower than WJ’s, thereby driving down AC’s consolidated unit costs, man, do they have a serious problem elsewhere in their system. Something is causing those unit costs to be sky high, even with an ASL that is now double WJ’s.

Under what conditions are you comparing the aircrafts? What stage lengths? Which Markets? Are the aircraft being leased or financed??
Your assumptions are based on perfect conditions. What if the airplane is half full? Yes, the spread between Marginal revenue & marginal cost per seat exceeds that of a 319, but will swoop be able to stimulate enough demand to fill the seats? Open questions that have yet to be answered.

You speak like an airline geek, but have very little understanding of basic business principles.

WJA is going through some hard times now & the market believes it. Made a few bucks shorting the stock recently... maybe more downside to go.

You clearly have no idea who Jimbo737 really is then - and not knowing tells me you’re not all that versed in the industry.

Is he Mickey Mouse? Unless he has revealed his name, I doubt most people here would know who he is. Frankly, until such time that he does reveal his name (and provide proof), he is just another armchair CEO like the rest of us.

BTW - I’m Batman.

767333ER

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:45 am

DFF wrote:
1900Driver wrote:
jimbo737 wrote:

He could be Captain Picard of the USS Enterprise for all anyone cares, the point is he’s far off from reality.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T PA-28-180

2 ears for spatial hearing, 2 eyes for depth perception, 2 ears for balance... How did Boeing think 1 sensor was good enough?!

CFM565A1

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:08 am

DFF wrote:
1900Driver wrote:
jimbo737 wrote:

He could be anywhere from my long lost uncle I never knew existed to my Dr. or their previous CEO ( :devil: ) for all I care, point is that there's very little more than Teal Kool-aid with any of his stuff he posts on here.
C172-M/N/P/R/S , PA-28-180, P2006T, PA-34-200T, B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.

1900Driver

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 am

DFF wrote:
1900Driver wrote:
jimbo737 wrote:

If you’re trying to suggest that he is an exec for the teal team, then I would be heavily shorting the stock.

SuperTwin

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:44 am

The same verbal diarrhea being dispensed here by Jimbo is consistent with what is seen on other sites that have discussion re: investing in T.AC. Always the same user with the same know-it-all attitude, just a different handle.

Take note of which analyst and company is consistently poo-pooing AC’s business plan in recent years.

Must be extremely frustrating when you are CONSISTENTLY WRONG after pursuading your poor clients that you are smarter than them all (including the Execs who have access to information you never will). Stubborn fool.

Mighty fine track record thus far, Jimbo. Please, tell us all again how well WS is doing despite everything evidenced in recent months.
SuperTwin

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos