mjoelnir
Topic Author
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Former Etihad A330-200F

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 pm

At least one of the Etihad´s parked A330-200F seems to have found a new home with DHL or better EAT Leibzig.

https://twitter.com/airplane_photo/stat ... 3Fpage%3D5

MSN 1032 D-ALMA Ex A6-DCA Etihad Airways

That is in addition to the A330-330 P2F MSN231 D-AAEC at EAT one more A330-300P2F is on the way, MSN346 and will become D-AAED.

Would be interesting if they take more of the parked A330-200F at Etihad
 
User avatar
sturmovik
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:47 pm

It looks good in the DHL livery!
'What's it doing now?'
 
Speedbirdasia
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2001 3:41 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:32 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
At least one of the Etihad´s parked A330-200F seems to have found a new home with DHL or better EAT Leibzig.

https://twitter.com/airplane_photo/stat ... 3Fpage%3D5

MSN 1032 D-ALMA Ex A6-DCA Etihad Airways

That is in addition to the A330-330 P2F MSN231 D-AAEC at EAT one more A330-300P2F is on the way, MSN346 and will become D-AAED.

Would be interesting if they take more of the parked A330-200F at Etihad


Looks like they are getting at least 3 ex Etihad A330-200F, possibly all five.
 
george77300
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:59 pm

Well the delivery flight didn't go so well...

http://avherald.com/h?article=4bc66146&opt=0
 
mjoelnir
Topic Author
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 pm

george77300 wrote:
Well the delivery flight didn't go so well...

http://avherald.com/h?article=4bc66146&opt=0


hardly big trouble.
 
george77300
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
george77300 wrote:
Well the delivery flight didn't go so well...

http://avherald.com/h?article=4bc66146&opt=0


hardly big trouble.


Never said it was...
 
User avatar
adamblang
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:37 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
That is in addition to the A330-330 P2F MSN231 D-AAEC at EAT one more A330-300P2F is on the way, MSN346 and will become D-AAED.

My understanding of the nose gear bump on the purprose-build 330 freighters is that a little extra height was needed to make a flat load floor.

For the A330 P2F aircraft (without the nose gear bump), is the load floor slanted? Is this ever an issue?
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90
 
mjoelnir
Topic Author
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:24 pm

adamblang wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
That is in addition to the A330-330 P2F MSN231 D-AAEC at EAT one more A330-300P2F is on the way, MSN346 and will become D-AAED.

My understanding of the nose gear bump on the purprose-build 330 freighters is that a little extra height was needed to make a flat load floor.

For the A330 P2F aircraft (without the nose gear bump), is the load floor slanted? Is this ever an issue?


The A330 P2F uses a powered floor to overcome the gradient. The floor is slanted.
 
trex8
Posts: 5324
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:04 am

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:30 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
adamblang wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
That is in addition to the A330-330 P2F MSN231 D-AAEC at EAT one more A330-300P2F is on the way, MSN346 and will become D-AAED.

My understanding of the nose gear bump on the purprose-build 330 freighters is that a little extra height was needed to make a flat load floor.

For the A330 P2F aircraft (without the nose gear bump), is the load floor slanted? Is this ever an issue?


The A330 P2F uses a powered floor to overcome the gradient. The floor is slanted.

Why didnt A put a powered floor on the factory freighter, wouldnt that be simpler than changing the attachment of the nosegear?? Does a powered floor weigh a lot more??
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 am

CH.Aviation is reporting EAT Leipzig is taking all five ex-EY A332F.

Behind paywall: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... freighters
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
Speedbirdasia
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2001 3:41 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:36 am

juliuswong wrote:
CH.Aviation is reporting EAT Leipzig is taking all five ex-EY A332F.

Behind paywall: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... freighters


That’s been the rumor for a while. This first delivery is a step to making it come true. Glad to see them go where they will be appreciated.
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 am

Speedbirdasia wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
CH.Aviation is reporting EAT Leipzig is taking all five ex-EY A332F.

Behind paywall: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... freighters


That’s been the rumor for a while. This first delivery is a step to making it come true. Glad to see them go where they will be appreciated.

Yes indeed. Glad to see young birds taking flight again. There aren't many A332F out there compared to B767, and B777. Hopefully they will also take up the three ex-QR, being offloaded next year. Now who will take up MSN 1164, ex-MH/ RJ ntu Airbus A330-223F??
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
NWAROOSTER
Posts: 1218
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:29 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:55 am

mjoelnir wrote:
adamblang wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
That is in addition to the A330-330 P2F MSN231 D-AAEC at EAT one more A330-300P2F is on the way, MSN346 and will become D-AAED.

My understanding of the nose gear bump on the purprose-build 330 freighters is that a little extra height was needed to make a flat load floor.

For the A330 P2F aircraft (without the nose gear bump), is the load floor slanted? Is this ever an issue?


The A330 P2F uses a powered floor to overcome the gradient. The floor is slanted.


My understanding, and I may be WRONG, is that Airbus uses an A300 nose landing gear on their factory built A330-200F aircraft. Also, some freight haulers do not use a powered floor as it is another system to maintain. The containers are moved by hand or man power. I think UPS does not have powered floors on some of their freighters as they are not hauling heavy loads. Just packages.
Correct me if I am wrong. :old:
Procrastination Is The Theft Of Time.......
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 23624
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:18 pm

DHL taking all 5 ex EY A330Fs.

DHL Express to add five ex-Etihad A330-200Fs
https://cargofacts.com/dhl-express-to-a ... a330-200fs

=
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
Someone83
Posts: 4264
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Anyone know where they will be based or operate?
 
ThePinnacleKid
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:47 am

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Anyone know where they will be based or operate?


They're going to EAT Leipzig (European Air Transport Leipzig).. they hub in Leipzig and fly Europe, Middle East, Africa primarily....
"Sonny, did we land? or were we shot down?"
 
mjoelnir
Topic Author
Posts: 8361
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm

NWAROOSTER wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
adamblang wrote:
My understanding of the nose gear bump on the purprose-build 330 freighters is that a little extra height was needed to make a flat load floor.

For the A330 P2F aircraft (without the nose gear bump), is the load floor slanted? Is this ever an issue?


The A330 P2F uses a powered floor to overcome the gradient. The floor is slanted.


My understanding, and I may be WRONG, is that Airbus uses an A300 nose landing gear on their factory built A330-200F aircraft. Also, some freight haulers do not use a powered floor as it is another system to maintain. The containers are moved by hand or man power. I think UPS does not have powered floors on some of their freighters as they are not hauling heavy loads. Just packages.
Correct me if I am wrong. :old:


You are wrong, at least about the A330P2F, that bird uses the normal A330 NLG, it may be the same as on the A300. Because of the short NLG that bird has a nose down attitude, the same as on all pax A330, and is equipped with a powered floor to move the freight up against the gradient.

The A330-200F has the same NLG that has been moved downwards to level the plane. Therefore the bulge where the landing gear is attached. That frame may be or not be equipped with a powered floor.
 
Speedbirdasia
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2001 3:41 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Third ex Etihad Cargo Airbus A330 -243F, MSN 1032 Ex A6-DCA delivered 01oct18 AUH-LEJ new registration D-ALMC.
 
User avatar
SQ789
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
At least one of the Etihad´s parked A330-200F seems to have found a new home with DHL or better EAT Leibzig.

https://twitter.com/airplane_photo/stat ... 3Fpage%3D5

MSN 1032 D-ALMA Ex A6-DCA Etihad Airways

That is in addition to the A330-330 P2F MSN231 D-AAEC at EAT one more A330-300P2F is on the way, MSN346 and will become D-AAED.

Would be interesting if they take more of the parked A330-200F at Etihad

Every A330-200F is now with EAT.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!
 
Speedbirdasia
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2001 3:41 pm

Re: Former Etihad A330-200F

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:05 pm

SQ789 wrote:
Every A330-200F is now with EAT.


Still two more to go A6-DCC and DCE to yet be delivered.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos