Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Speedalive
Topic Author
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Air Transat Livery

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Does anybody know why TS didn't paint their planes like they are depicted on their own website (https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Travel-information/Our-fleet). The larger titles look so much better! I really dig the tail on what they have right now, but the titles, as they are, look off to me.

Image

Image

As opposed to...



The only reason I can think of to make them smaller is that if they were painted like they are in the first two pics, it might be harder to read the titles when looking at the plane flying overhead because of the fuselage curve, but other than that I don't know.
 
tribird1011
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:08 pm

Re: Air Transat Livery

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Speedalive wrote:
Does anybody now why TS didn't paint their planes like they are depicted on their own website (https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/Travel-information/Our-fleet). The larger titles look so much better! I really dig the tail on what they have right now, but the titles, as they are, look off to me.

Image

Image

As opposed to...



The only reason I can think of to make them smaller is that if they were painted like they are in the first two pics, it might be harder to read the titles when looking at the plane flying overhead because of the fuselage curve, but other than that I don't know.



I can't say regarding the A321's, but the majority of the (already repainted) A330's are painted as per the fleet page. What you are seeing is the difference between the A330-300 and A330-200.
The titles are essentially the same size, but because the -300 is longer, the titles fit between doors 1 & 2. On the -200's, the tiles go past the door.

 
berari
Posts: 912
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Re: Air Transat Livery

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 pm

A wish I have is for Air Transat to start scheduled service between YYZ and YVR/YYC/YEG 2-3 times per day. It's time.
 
User avatar
LockheedBBD
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:10 am

Why is the A321 livery the only one that has a mask?
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 am

berari wrote:
A wish I have is for Air Transat to start scheduled service between YYZ and YVR/YYC/YEG 2-3 times per day. It's time.


Why only to YYZ?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:33 am

berari wrote:
A wish I have is for Air Transat to start scheduled service between YYZ and YVR/YYC/YEG 2-3 times per day. It's time.


I'm all for it, even though I don't know how successful they'd be. But before starting regular domestic ops, they must finish the transition from B737s to A320s and develop that fleet in order to avoid Wardair's pitfall.
 
Mayday111
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 am

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 am

LockheedBBD wrote:
Why is the A321 livery the only one that has a mask?


The A321 picture, from the website, looks like the NEO version, so maybe that is why? I'm just guessing. I'm as perplexed as you are.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:19 am

Mayday111 wrote:
LockheedBBD wrote:
Why is the A321 livery the only one that has a mask?


The A321 picture, from the website, looks like the NEO version, so maybe that is why? I'm just guessing. I'm as perplexed as you are.


It is a NEO. Do they plan to have a mask on it as a way to make it distinguishable due to its capabilities for trans-Atlantic compared to a regular 321?
 
Speedalive
Topic Author
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm

tribird1011 wrote:
I can't say regarding the A321's, but the majority of the (already repainted) A330's are painted as per the fleet page. What you are seeing is the difference between the A330-300 and A330-200.
The titles are essentially the same size, but because the -300 is longer, the titles fit between doors 1 & 2. On the -200's, the tiles go past the door.


The A330 graphic I posted in the original post is the -300 though. The titles go past the 2R door on the -300 in the graphic, but on the actual plane, they've fitted them within the first two doors.

The graphic for the -200 also has bigger titles. On the actual plane, the titles start where the "ir" part of "Air Transat" starts in the graphic.
Image


berari wrote:
A wish I have is for Air Transat to start scheduled service between YYZ and YVR/YYC/YEG 2-3 times per day. It's time.

Don't they do this already? At least from YYC they have daily service to YYZ. Not sure about frequencies though.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Mayday111 wrote:
LockheedBBD wrote:
Why is the A321 livery the only one that has a mask?


The A321 picture, from the website, looks like the NEO version, so maybe that is why? I'm just guessing. I'm as perplexed as you are.


The A321s are not in a permanent paint, rather it is a large decal as far as I know. When they begin getting neos (next year I think, but I could easily be wrong), they will have a more permanent livery.
 
berari
Posts: 912
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Re: Air Transat Livery

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:28 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
berari wrote:
A wish I have is for Air Transat to start scheduled service between YYZ and YVR/YYC/YEG 2-3 times per day. It's time.


I'm all for it, even though I don't know how successful they'd be. But before starting regular domestic ops, they must finish the transition from B737s to A320s and develop that fleet in order to avoid Wardair's pitfall.


Speedalive wrote:
Don't they do this already? At least from YYC they have daily service to YYZ. Not sure about frequencies though.


That's it. I want them to start slow and in a manageable way. Their current flights to YYC for example are not daily, but some days its 2x per day. I think they have a decent enough brand and reputation to do what Flair is trying to do with grace.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos