Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
JA786A
Topic Author
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:25 pm

A 24 year old American passenger urinated on a 50 year old Japanese passenger who was sleeping two rows behind him on NH11 from ORD to NRT. He was immediately arrested after landing by Chiba Prefectural Police and has admitted to having urinated despite being told to stop it. Apparently he was intoxicated.
Source (in Japanese): http://news.tv-asahi.co.jp/news_society/articles/000134362.html
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 25563
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:11 pm

As an old friend of mine says, "It's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on!"
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
MCO2BRS
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Regrettably this behaviour isn't uncommon. I've seen pax piss in the galley and/or on an exit door. Simply vile behaviour.
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9524
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:27 pm

My first thought when reading the title of the thread was “Damn Americans”. Of course, I was being sarcastic. Then I read the article.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
airtran737
Posts: 3489
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:47 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Some people pay good money for this kind of service.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever
 
User avatar
flyingclrs727
Posts: 2732
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:44 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:31 pm

Jail is an alternative way of getting to know a different culture.
 
travaz
Posts: 973
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:42 pm

24 + :champagne: = :butthead:
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2663
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:44 pm

flyingclrs727 wrote:
Jail is an alternative way of getting to know a different culture.

Free lodging too!!
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
User avatar
kjeld0d
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?
 
Judge1310
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:02 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


No one. Most people who appear to be intoxicated on board a flight already got their game on way before boarding their flight. Personal accountability should and must take precedence over blanket policies that do little to effect actual behavioural changes in the marginal few that present problems on board.
 
Boeingphan
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:43 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?

Go pound sand. Come on the one bad apple spoils it for the rest?
 
cpd
Posts: 6702
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:15 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


Not counting down, but it will happen. Then you just have to stop passengers getting drunk in the airport and boarding planes in that state.
 
alesfr
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Boeingphan wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?

Go pound sand. Come on the one bad apple spoils it for the rest?


I wouldn't go as far as saying that flights should be alcohol-free, but there could be policies concerning the max number of drinks people are allowed to have during the flight, for security and safety reasons. Personally, I think people should be denied boarding or deplaned if evidently altered during boarding (an alcohol test could help).

I was recently on a 4-hour night flight (LH from Frankfurt to Beirut) and could not sleep five minutes because of two drunk young ladies in the row just in front, who kept moving, laughing and trying to talk to me, and yet getting more wine from the f/a every time they asked.
A318 A319 A320 A320N A321 A333 ATR72 BAE146 B735 B737 B738 B742 B753 B763 B772 B773 B789 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ1000 DASH8 ERJ135 ERJ145 E170 E190 F100 MD82 S2000
 
Antarius
Posts: 3398
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:27 pm

alesfr wrote:
Boeingphan wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?

Go pound sand. Come on the one bad apple spoils it for the rest?


I wouldn't go as far as saying that flights should be alcohol-free, but there could be policies concerning the max number of drinks people are allowed to have during the flight, for security and safety reasons. Personally, I think people should be denied boarding or deplaned if evidently altered during boarding (an alcohol test could help).

I was recently on a 4-hour night flight (LH from Frankfurt to Beirut) and could not sleep five minutes because of two drunk young ladies in the row just in front, who kept moving, laughing and trying to talk to me, and yet getting more wine from the f/a every time they asked.


Agree about over consumption, disagree about limits.

Some people get drunk on one wine (maybe 2) others can drink 10 and be perfectly fine. No reason to limit those who behave themselves.
Militant Centrist
Let's all just use some common sense
 
Flaps
Posts: 1688
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2000 1:11 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:49 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


I for one can't wait. I'm tired of having to remove drunken idiots all the time. Its unfortunate but the lowest common denominator always ruins things for everyone. In today's societies though that lowest common denominator is all too prolific.
 
User avatar
Qatara340
Posts: 1691
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 2:07 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:55 pm

This is outrageous! I would be so pissed! (Pun intended)
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6472
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:38 am

Antarius wrote:
alesfr wrote:
Boeingphan wrote:
Go pound sand. Come on the one bad apple spoils it for the rest?


I wouldn't go as far as saying that flights should be alcohol-free, but there could be policies concerning the max number of drinks people are allowed to have during the flight, for security and safety reasons. Personally, I think people should be denied boarding or deplaned if evidently altered during boarding (an alcohol test could help).

I was recently on a 4-hour night flight (LH from Frankfurt to Beirut) and could not sleep five minutes because of two drunk young ladies in the row just in front, who kept moving, laughing and trying to talk to me, and yet getting more wine from the f/a every time they asked.


Agree about over consumption, disagree about limits.

Some people get drunk on one wine (maybe 2) others can drink 10 and be perfectly fine. No reason to limit those who behave themselves.


I thought there are laws that the flight attendants aren’t supposed to serve alcohol to anyone who appears intoxicated.
Last edited by BoeingGuy on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6472
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:39 am

stl07 wrote:
flyingclrs727 wrote:
Jail is an alternative way of getting to know a different culture.

Free lodging too!!


He’s also going to get to be someone’s “boy” and spend time bending over.
 
Judge1310
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:07 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
Antarius wrote:
alesfr wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as saying that flights should be alcohol-free, but there could be policies concerning the max number of drinks people are allowed to have during the flight, for security and safety reasons. Personally, I think people should be denied boarding or deplaned if evidently altered during boarding (an alcohol test could help).

I was recently on a 4-hour night flight (LH from Frankfurt to Beirut) and could not sleep five minutes because of two drunk young ladies in the row just in front, who kept moving, laughing and trying to talk to me, and yet getting more wine from the f/a every time they asked.


Agree about over consumption, disagree about limits.

Some people get drunk on one wine (maybe 2) others can drink 10 and be perfectly fine. No reason to limit those who behave themselves.


I thought there are laws that the flight attendants aren’t supposed to serve alcohol to anyone who appears intoxicated.


The regs basically state that alcohol can not be provided by the air carrier if a passenger appears to be intoxicated.

What really transpires? Guys (and gals) have a few drinks in the airport bars/lounges and down as much as possible before boarding time. Alcohol takes some time for the effects to take hold so boarding is generally not an issue. Now our example passenger imbibes more during the beginning portion of the flight feeling that they're still in control of their faculties. After just under two hours enroute (once meal service/rubbish clean up is complete), it's generally "lights out" in the cabin and our hapless and "happy" passenger falls into a superficially deep, alcohol-induced slumber.

Then physiology takes over.

Time to go to the lav! Now we see a dehyrated, intoxicated, bodily-waste full passenger try to negotiate a dark and narrow aisle and *thinks* they're in the lav taking care of their business. But lo and behold, this "darkened corner" should suffice -- and the unwittingly drenched passenger is absolutely beside them self. Let's not even add the most likely consideration of sleeping aids and here is how we have many of these situations go down. Now please note, this post is not an excuse in the least for such egregious behaviour -- this is meant to clarify for those who aren't in the industry flying day in and day out how these situations tend to come to pass. Most times, such passengers tend to sleep the whole flight and just *maybe* might arise for the arrival service. Most often they have to be roused by a fellow passenger or a flight attendant passing through the cabin performing post-flight checks.
 
spacecadet
Posts: 3582
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2001 3:36 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:44 am

kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


I think it's more likely that Japanese airlines will ban Americans before they ban alcohol.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:52 am

That Japanese passenger was nice. I would have been in jail with pisser after I beat the brakes off of him midair. Body fluids are nasty.
 
WPvsMW
Posts: 2252
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:00 am

"... taking the piss ..." One of the more esoteric Brit idioms.
 
77H
Posts: 1572
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 am

Flaps wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


I for one can't wait. I'm tired of having to remove drunken idiots all the time. Its unfortunate but the lowest common denominator always ruins things for everyone. In today's societies though that lowest common denominator is all too prolific.


Societies need to stop placating to the lowest common denominators. Sometimes Darwinism is the best course of action.

Back on topic, the airlines need to create a blacklist clearinghouse of sorts. Behavior that damages an aircraft or disrupts a flight should be an automatic grounding from the worldwide fleet for a period of time at least. Once the blacklist is removed, those passengers should automatically have to pay higher fares (call it a higher risk flier fare) similar to high risk car insurance. Much like driving, flying is not a right. If you can’t conduct yourself appropriately than find an alternate means of transport. If it happens more than once, permanent ban.

77H
 
alesfr
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:04 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
Antarius wrote:
alesfr wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as saying that flights should be alcohol-free, but there could be policies concerning the max number of drinks people are allowed to have during the flight, for security and safety reasons. Personally, I think people should be denied boarding or deplaned if evidently altered during boarding (an alcohol test could help).

I was recently on a 4-hour night flight (LH from Frankfurt to Beirut) and could not sleep five minutes because of two drunk young ladies in the row just in front, who kept moving, laughing and trying to talk to me, and yet getting more wine from the f/a every time they asked.


Agree about over consumption, disagree about limits.

Some people get drunk on one wine (maybe 2) others can drink 10 and be perfectly fine. No reason to limit those who behave themselves.


I thought there are laws that the flight attendants aren’t supposed to serve alcohol to anyone who appears intoxicated.


So did I, but on my flight I think it was just an easy way for the flight attendant to "get rid" of a passenger who started asking for things even before take off !!
A318 A319 A320 A320N A321 A333 ATR72 BAE146 B735 B737 B738 B742 B753 B763 B772 B773 B789 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ1000 DASH8 ERJ135 ERJ145 E170 E190 F100 MD82 S2000
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2541
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 am

kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


Honestly, there's always the likes of saudia if you want to avoid drunks.
情報
 
User avatar
Blimpie
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:51 pm

You know what, I'm leaning more and more on the side that agrees that maybe it is time we do to booze on planes what we did to smoking on planes a few decades back. Sorry, but 80% of the airline articles involving passenger incidents that come across my desk involve booze. Every time I look there is some new of air rage incident, assault on cabin crews, or other general douchebaggery where alcohol was the leading factor.

Quoting above a few bad apples. I call BS, it's more than "a few" And, I tolerate some dumbass drunk trying to pop open an emergency door at FL240 before punching a male FA in the crotch then passing out on top of a row of nuns. Today, we just throw up our arms by saying, "oh well, flying today aint what it was fifty years ago!" The attitude I'm reading above in some of these posts comes off is just apathy and laziness. No wonder American society is looked down by the rest of the world like it is.

It's bad enough that I have to pay out the ass to sit in J as not to be crammed in a 28" seat in cattle class, but I really do not end to have my flight diverted because some dumb drunk decides to expose him self to a UM before raging out by punting sum schmuck's emotional support dachshund across Y.
Now get the hell off of my lawn your dang kids!
 
User avatar
SamYeager2016
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Blimpie wrote:
You know what, I'm leaning more and more on the side that agrees that maybe it is time we do to booze on planes what we did to smoking on planes a few decades back. Sorry, but 80% of the airline articles involving passenger incidents that come across my desk involve booze. Every time I look there is some new of air rage incident, assault on cabin crews, or other general douchebaggery where alcohol was the leading factor.

Quoting above a few bad apples. I call BS, it's more than "a few" And, I tolerate some dumbass drunk trying to pop open an emergency door at FL240 before punching a male FA in the crotch then passing out on top of a row of nuns. .


Whatever the absolute number is, be it hundreds or thousands, it's a really miniscule number compared to the total number of people travelling more than a couple of hours. I suspect the number of flights disrupted by engine failure, medical emergencies or warning indications where the plane diverts/ returns to base considerably exceeds the number disrupted by drunkenness. Of course the majority of articles are about this subject - it's because the media knows it gets views.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 25563
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Judge1310 wrote:
What really transpires? Guys (and gals) have a few drinks in the airport bars/lounges and down as much as possible before boarding time. Alcohol takes some time for the effects to take hold so boarding is generally not an issue. Now our example passenger imbibes more during the beginning portion of the flight feeling that they're still in control of their faculties.

Then add in the fact that cabin pressure amounts to 6-8000 feet of altitude at cruise and most people live near sea level, the resulting mild hypoxia does factor in.

77H wrote:
Societies need to stop placating to the lowest common denominators. Sometimes Darwinism is the best course of action.

That's all well and good till you or one of your loved ones falls outside of the 80th/90th/95th/99th percentile of some quantity, then comes the wailing.

We all have our own enlightened self interests.

Then, consider the airlines want to (a) make money serving alcohol and (b) they want everyone to be their potential customer, and it all ends up in tears.

SamYeager2016 wrote:
I suspect the number of flights disrupted by engine failure, medical emergencies or warning indications where the plane diverts/ returns to base considerably exceeds the number disrupted by drunkenness.

I disagree.

The other issues aren't all that preventable, this one is.

And there is a time where one should look at absolute numbers rather than percentages.

Yet as above the airlines make money from drunks so I suspect they'll keep dealing with the occasional outrage.

Hell, they put up with a Japanese businessman pooping on a beverage cart, so a little golden shower won't knock them off their game.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
User avatar
iseeyyc
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm

With the way things are going soon it will be legal to smoke weed in the airport and illegal to drink!
 
User avatar
flyingclrs727
Posts: 2732
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:44 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:37 pm

iseeyyc wrote:
With the way things are going soon it will be legal to smoke weed in the airport and illegal to drink!


But not legal to smoke tobacco.
 
LAXLHR
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:14 pm

airtran737 wrote:
Some people pay good money for this kind of service.


LMAO! Yeah, true.

With that said, this is absolutely disgusting beyond words!
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA KL

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 330s 340s 350 380
 
idlewild
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:16 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:48 pm

cpd wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


Not counting down, but it will happen. Then you just have to stop passengers getting drunk in the airport and boarding planes in that state.


The revenue a business makes servings booze is pretty substantial. even if it's bottom shelf. I don't see it disappearing any time soon.
 
SurlyBonds
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:24 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:01 pm

alesfr wrote:

I was recently on a 4-hour night flight (LH from Frankfurt to Beirut) and could not sleep five minutes because of two drunk young ladies in the row just in front, who kept moving, laughing and trying to talk to me, and yet getting more wine from the f/a every time they asked.


But they were doing nothing to endanger the safety of flight, nor committing other crimes. They were overly talkative, just like a non-intoxicated passenger could be. This is not a valid reason to ban alcohol service in-flight.
 
speedbird52
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:30 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Blimpie wrote:
You know what, I'm leaning more and more on the side that agrees that maybe it is time we do to booze on planes what we did to smoking on planes a few decades back. Sorry, but 80% of the airline articles involving passenger incidents that come across my desk involve booze. Every time I look there is some new of air rage incident, assault on cabin crews, or other general douchebaggery where alcohol was the leading factor.

Quoting above a few bad apples. I call BS, it's more than "a few" And, I tolerate some dumbass drunk trying to pop open an emergency door at FL240 before punching a male FA in the crotch then passing out on top of a row of nuns. Today, we just throw up our arms by saying, "oh well, flying today aint what it was fifty years ago!" The attitude I'm reading above in some of these posts comes off is just apathy and laziness. No wonder American society is looked down by the rest of the world like it is.

It's bad enough that I have to pay out the ass to sit in J as not to be crammed in a 28" seat in cattle class, but I really do not end to have my flight diverted because some dumb drunk decides to expose him self to a UM before raging out by punting sum schmuck's emotional support dachshund across Y.

While we are at it, why don't we as a society do to booze what we did to smoking? Thousands upon thousands of people per year die because of it, and for what gain?
 
alesfr
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:44 pm

SurlyBonds wrote:
alesfr wrote:

I was recently on a 4-hour night flight (LH from Frankfurt to Beirut) and could not sleep five minutes because of two drunk young ladies in the row just in front, who kept moving, laughing and trying to talk to me, and yet getting more wine from the f/a every time they asked.


But they were doing nothing to endanger the safety of flight, nor committing other crimes. They were overly talkative, just like a non-intoxicated passenger could be. This is not a valid reason to ban alcohol service in-flight.


Perhaps from an Aviation Authority's point of view, even if we know that an intoxicated passenger can easily become a threat to safety and security. Moreover, from a commercial point of view, things are even worse. The two ladies made noise, put their heads between seats to call me and talk or offer their glasses of red wine (I just ignored them), they even stretched their arm to try to steal the pillow on the side of the sleeping passenger sitting next to me. To be honest, I did not appreciate that the crew did not limit the number of drinks they gave to these pax, as they made my flight experience worse and I would have really enjoyed some sleep after a long day, a delayed flight and a short connection in FRA, and before landing in Beirut in the middle of the night.

Banning intoxicated passengers from flying and limiting the number of drinks (to one for example?) would be beneficial for everybody, almost as forbidding smoking is.
A318 A319 A320 A320N A321 A333 ATR72 BAE146 B735 B737 B738 B742 B753 B763 B772 B773 B789 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ1000 DASH8 ERJ135 ERJ145 E170 E190 F100 MD82 S2000
 
77H
Posts: 1572
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:58 am

Revelation wrote:
Judge1310 wrote:
What really transpires? Guys (and gals) have a few drinks in the airport bars/lounges and down as much as possible before boarding time. Alcohol takes some time for the effects to take hold so boarding is generally not an issue. Now our example passenger imbibes more during the beginning portion of the flight feeling that they're still in control of their faculties.

Then add in the fact that cabin pressure amounts to 6-8000 feet of altitude at cruise and most people live near sea level, the resulting mild hypoxia does factor in.

77H wrote:
Societies need to stop placating to the lowest common denominators. Sometimes Darwinism is the best course of action.

That's all well and good till you or one of your loved ones falls outside of the 80th/90th/95th/99th percentile of some quantity, then comes the wailing.

We all have our own enlightened self interests.

Then, consider the airlines want to (a) make money serving alcohol and (b) they want everyone to be their potential customer, and it all ends up in tears.

SamYeager2016 wrote:
I suspect the number of flights disrupted by engine failure, medical emergencies or warning indications where the plane diverts/ returns to base considerably exceeds the number disrupted by drunkenness.

I disagree.

The other issues aren't all that preventable, this one is.

And there is a time where one should look at absolute numbers rather than percentages.

Yet as above the airlines make money from drunks so I suspect they'll keep dealing with the occasional outrage.

Hell, they put up with a Japanese businessman pooping on a beverage cart, so a little golden shower won't knock them off their game.


I take accountability for my actions and accept the consequences therein as long as those consequences are warranted (speaking as far as legality is concerned). Always have. And I expect the same for the company I keep.

77H
 
speedbird52
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:30 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:43 am

Why are there so many urine related incidents on airplanes
 
User avatar
gunsontheroof
Posts: 3691
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:42 am

kjeld0d wrote:
Who else is counting down until all of aviation is alcohol-free?


Oh, go kick rocks. I've gotten a bit of a buzz on at whatever airport bar is around before almost every flight of my adult life (we're going flying--I'm stoked!) and I'm about as well-behaved as any flight crew could ask for. I still say "please" and "thank you" and act like a grown-up. I've certainly never urinated in any area of an aircraft that wasn't designed for it.

*I would also suggest that anyone taking this stance thinks for a bit about how interested they are in being crammed into an aluminium tube for hours with a bunch of not even slightly sedated nervous flyers. Sounds like a good time, yes?
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 25563
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 am

alesfr wrote:
Banning intoxicated passengers from flying and limiting the number of drinks (to one for example?) would be beneficial for everybody except those selling alcoholic beverages and airline tickets, almost as forbidding smoking is.

FIxed it for you.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
alesfr
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Pax urinates on other pax on ANA flight

Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Revelation wrote:
alesfr wrote:
Banning intoxicated passengers from flying and limiting the number of drinks (to one for example?) would be beneficial for everybody except those selling alcoholic beverages and airline tickets, almost as forbidding smoking is.

FIxed it for you.


Haha thank you :D Drinks were actually free on board (Lufthansa)
A318 A319 A320 A320N A321 A333 ATR72 BAE146 B735 B737 B738 B742 B753 B763 B772 B773 B789 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ1000 DASH8 ERJ135 ERJ145 E170 E190 F100 MD82 S2000

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos