ericm2031

Re: New airline, two new destinations for SBA

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:56 pm

OAK begins Oct 16 and LAS begins Oct 18. Timings seem a little odd

Boston92

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Looks like they plan on OAK-SBA-LAS-SBA-OAK for the aircraft.

SBAer

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:56 pm

ericm2031 wrote:

10am flight to Vegas on Friday and no Saturday service seems like a swing and a miss.

Unrelated to this conversation, but local news guy on the radio here in SB said third destination announcement is upcoming and mentioned "Utah." Sounding like the returning of Delta is around the corner?

ucdtim17

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Nice to see another Bay Area-SBA option aside from the exorbitantly priced and frequently delayed/cancelled SFO-SBA UA service

evank516

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:20 pm

SBAer wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:

10am flight to Vegas on Friday and no Saturday service seems like a swing and a miss.

Unrelated to this conversation, but local news guy on the radio here in SB said third destination announcement is upcoming and mentioned "Utah." Sounding like the returning of Delta is around the corner?

Seems like a fair guess. Unless it's G4 to Provo which I doubt.

wedgetail737

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Contour Airlines? Really? That seems like a business departure for Contour, since they fly mainly EAS flights. But that means two ERJ-135's out of OAK each day.

They are a good little airline. I flew on the OAK-CEC service with them. Friendly service and quite a bit of legroom.

diverdave

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:14 pm

SBAer wrote:

SBA-SLC is about 615 miles. I wonder if that fulls under the distance limit that DL is using for 50 seat regional jet service.

There's been so much new service added to SBA, that I would be surprised to see the widget return unless SkyWest needs a route for some aircraft.

Boston92

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:25 pm

diverdave wrote:
SBAer wrote:

SBA-SLC is about 615 miles. I wonder if that fulls under the distance limit that DL is using for 50 seat regional jet service.

There's been so much new service added to SBA, that I would be surprised to see the widget return unless SkyWest needs a route for some aircraft.

SBA is a large hole in their network. There is plenty of available growth at SBA.

SBA has a large catchment area itself, but a I'd wager even a large portion of this catchment area utilize BUR/LAX most of the time. There are probably ~500 seats a day on motorcoach services that solely rely on this traffic to LAX from the SMX and SBA areas, in addition to those that drive themselves.

910A

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:13 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
Contour Airlines? Really? That seems like a business departure for Contour, since they fly mainly EAS flights. But that means two ERJ-135's out of OAK each day.

They are a good little airline. I flew on the OAK-CEC service with them. Friendly service and quite a bit of legroom.

Agreed, I suppose the OAK-SBA route will prevent the plane from CEC to sit there idle all day at OAK. Hum, flight numbers #3201/3202 look like its a continuation of the CEC flight. CEC-OAK-SBA and back.

wedgetail737

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:40 am

SBAer wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:

Saturday is actually a relatively, low travel day for LAS since most people (and packages) include the Saturday-night stay. So I don't think Contour is too out-of-line not offering Saturday flights. I would fly them again to SBA.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos