OA260

Re: Irish 9/18: Autumnal aviation

Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:10 am

embraer420 wrote:
I fear the new Aer Lingus livery may look like this:

I hope it's not but IAG like white paint, BA, IB and VY all have white liveries. I think it would look good if they just removed the cheatline and changed the colour of the shamrock on the tail to a different shade of green.

A lot of people would be annoyed if the green went completely.

If it was it would be the end of the Aer Lingus brand. You may as well have all white no titles.

Skyblue39

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:49 am

Long shot - but can anybody remember what a/c Aviogenex operated into Dublin in the mid to late 1980’s?

eirflot

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:52 am

Was it not a DC9?
I know they had some 727s but don't remember them in Dublin

OA260

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:58 am

eirflot wrote:
Was it not a DC9?
I know they had some 727s but don't remember them in Dublin

YU - AKR

YU - ANU

YU - AHX

All operated into DUB in the 80's early 90's at some time. B732/TU134/B727

eirflot

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:59 am

Mind you could also have been a Ty134 as they had some of them too Travelled in one a long time ago but not to or from Dublin

LH982

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:46 am

eirflot wrote:
Mind you could also have been a Ty134 as they had some of them too Travelled in one a long time ago but not to or from Dublin

JJ were 134s in the early 80s, switching over to 732s when they received them. 722s did show up, but from what I remember not until the second half of the decade. DC9s were Inexadria.

embraer420

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:59 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
embraer420 wrote:
I fear the new Aer Lingus livery may look like this:

I hope it's not but IAG like white paint, BA, IB and VY all have white liveries. I think it would look good if they just removed the cheatline and changed the colour of the shamrock on the tail to a different shade of green.

A lot of people would be annoyed if the green went completely.

I share this fear - I’m picturing something similar to that image but with billboard AER LINGUS titles across the fuselage.

Oh God :(

Plain white fuselage with black billboard titles in the AerClub font - all upper case, no spaces between the two words.

JAmie2k9

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 am

I don't see a euro while livery coming, just because IAG did it with other carriers means nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if the current IRFU scheme is adjusted and rolled out across the fleet.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:09 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
I don't see a euro while livery coming, just because IAG did it with other carriers means nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if the current IRFU scheme is adjusted and rolled out across the fleet.

I have often thought that it would look quite well (minus the rugby players).

That said, changing a livery is something that EI does once every 20-25 years (if you look back, they changed in 1974, then 1996 and now, 2018, and in fairness, previous changes have been quite successful. The 1974 livery was very distinctive and eye-catching when first introduced and certainly a very considerable step forward over the previous livery (as now worn by 'DVM). The current livery still looks very good, if well maintained (as on some of the newer A330s). They are capable of coming up with something very good and although the current management is very cost-conscious, I think that they will recognise that this is something that they cannot afford to get wrong, or to skimp on (excessively); the new livery needs to stand out and show EI as a unique product; just another "eurowhite" - as some predict - won't cut it. I am of the view that we will be pleasantly surprised when we see the new scheme.

JAmie2k9

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:40 am

kaitak wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:

I have often thought that it would look quite well (minus the rugby players).

That said, changing a livery is something that EI does once every 20-25 years (if you look back, they changed in 1974, then 1996 and now, 2018, and in fairness, previous changes have been quite successful. The 1974 livery was very distinctive and eye-catching when first introduced and certainly a very considerable step forward over the previous livery (as now worn by 'DVM). The current livery still looks very good, if well maintained (as on some of the newer A330s). They are capable of coming up with something very good and although the current management is very cost-conscious, I think that they will recognise that this is something that they cannot afford to get wrong, or to skimp on (excessively); the new livery needs to stand out and show EI as a unique product; just another "eurowhite" - as some predict - won't cut it. I am of the view that we will be pleasantly surprised when we see the new scheme.

Yeah I quiet like it apart from the pics and writing by the front doors.

JAmie2k9

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:43 am

New facial recognition system will speed up screening time even further Shannon Airport’s status in transatlantic aviation has been reflected again after becoming the first airport in Europe to have facial recognition technology introduced for U.S. preclearance.

This is good news for Shannon Airport transatlantic passengers as it speeds up their journey through the airport and allows them avail of shorter security screening times than at other airports.

The new technology is a further boost to Shannon which back in 2016 became the first airport in the world to operate a combined EU and US TSA checkpoint systems, halving the time spent in security screening at other preclearance airports. The introduction of the new facial technology system in recent months has seen Shannon become the first airport outside the Americas to use facial biometrics to verify the identity of travellers about to enter the US.

The programme has already been successfully implemented in several US airports and was also extended to Aruba Airport in the Caribbean.

The facial recognition technology essentially verifies passengers by matching them to the documents they are presenting.

It will not alone enhance security but also speed up screening, with airports in the US now processing up to ten people per minute with the new cutting-edge system. It has been operating successfully in Shannon since its installation and is the latest pre-clearance first for the airport.

The installation of the service is timely for Shannon, with the airport enjoying its busiest period on transatlantic operations for 17 years, with seven services to six destinations.

https://www.shannonairport.ie/gns/about ... ance.aspx#

EINA320

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Today’s SNN-JFK EI111 was cancelled again and It looks like EI-LBR positioned from SNN-DUB earlier today and operated the EI109. I think that’s the 4th time the JFK flight has been cancelled and the SNN-BOS flight was cancelled one or twice this month so that the aircraft could be used on a DUB route. The Aer Lingus operation at Shannon is getting a bit unreliable. Would the affected passengers be routed via LHR or be offered hotel accommodation for this evening and booked onto tomorrow’s flights?

AmricanShamrok

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:23 pm

EINA320 wrote:
Today’s SNN-JFK EI111 was cancelled again and It looks like EI-LBR positioned from SNN-DUB earlier today and operated the EI109. I think that’s the 4th time the JFK flight has been cancelled and the SNN-BOS flight was cancelled one or twice this month so that the aircraft could be used on a DUB route. The Aer Lingus operation at Shannon is getting a bit unreliable. Would the affected passengers be routed via LHR or be offered hotel accommodation for this evening and booked onto tomorrow’s flights?

It’s nearly becoming a weekly occurrence at this stage. It’s actually the A330s that are going tech more than the 757s - the 757 are simply brought in to sub the affected A330.

Some affected passengers will have been put on the UA24 (SNN-EWR), others will be sent via LHR and the rest will be accommodated overnight and sent on the AG111 tomorrow.

EINA320

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:45 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
EINA320 wrote:

It’s nearly becoming a weekly occurrence at this stage. It’s actually the A330s that are going tech more than the 757s - the 757 are simply brought in to sub the affected A330.

Some affected passengers will have been put on the UA24 (SNN-EWR), others will be sent via LHR and the rest will be accommodated overnight and sent on the AG111 tomorrow.

Thanks for the information. It is definitely a costly inconvenience for the airline, not only in SNN but at DUB too for the other passengers who were meant to be on the EI109 but because of the downgrade, they would also have to be re-accommodated. I'd say once the quieter winter schedule commences there will be less of this disruption, which will be no harm because it definitely isn't good for business!

eirflot

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm afraid it quite an Irish thing - never just enough to cover all eventualities. I don't propose EI to have a spare 330 but a spare 757 would not be so expensive. The regularity of the cancellations suggests a spare might make sense and SNN might then return to normal service!

eidvm

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm

I've been led to believe today's cancellation of the SNN flight and delays to Dublin A330 flights was due to a shortage of A330 pilots, not a broken aircraft.

eirflot

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:50 pm

How do you have a shortage of A330 pilots? EI don't make mistakes like that? Or do they?

kaitak
Topic Author

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm

It could be illnesses, crews on training, any number of reasons; even with the best will in the world, it can happen!

Anyway, here's a link to our new thread for October: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1405095

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos