Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:47 pm

With ATL Hartsfield the world's busiest airport,
-no competition on the route
-DL's product on 767 better than LO's product on 787 and better than Skyteam European alliance partners' short- and long-haul
-enough capacity in DL 767 fleet with end of EWR-CDG, reductions of DTW-LHR, DTW-GRU


EK is sending 777 to WAW every day, and ATL-BOM is being opened, what about the candidate ATL-WAW 3x or 4x weekly?

Delta at WAW would be a huge quality increase in the offering by Skyteam, and could capture consumers from the middling product of other carriers.

The demand exists, as per August 30 2018 the musician Raashan Ahmad "walked to the bus to catch a train in Santa Fe to catch a bus in Albuquerque to catch a plane in Albuquerque to catch another plane in Austin to catch another plane in London to catch another plane to Warsaw Poland! Should be a little over 22 hours total..."
On the other end, the music journalist Kajetan Prochyra recently arrived in IAD, and politologist Andrzej Turkowski in Bloomington Indiana via IND.
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
Blerg
Posts: 4737
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 pm

Is Delta's B763 product really better than LO's Dreamliner?
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Blerg wrote:
Is Delta's B763 product really better than LO's Dreamliner?


2-3-2 in Delta 767.

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with nonstandard hard products.

Business class in Delta 763 appears better than LO 787, if the aircraft is cleaned and the seat is not broken.
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 11486
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Alphazone wrote:

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with different hard products.

No it’s not.
 
User avatar
787fan8
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 pm

I personally don't see DL launching ATL-WAW anytime in the near future. If anything, I believe that the next European route that DL would launch from ATL would be PRG or ATH, both seasonal. Heck, maybe even a relaunch of TLV service would be more likely than WAW. We'll just have to see what happens.
Last edited by 787fan8 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlanta is an incredibly cool city - Andrew Lincoln

Future Auburn graduate
 
lhrsfosyd
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:57 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Not in a million years. There's no meaningful O&D between ATL and WAW and yields to Eastern Europe are trash. WAW isn't a popular tourist destination in a way PRG or BUD are.

DL still sells tickets to WAW, just via CDG and AMS.
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Seems like this is a popular topic recently with all the announcemts to Prague and other Eastern European cities. There is a lot of talk about this on polish forums. Seems that Lufthansa has the polish transatlantic market pretty well tied down with connections thru Frankfurt and Munich from regional airports in Poland. Then LOT has the 6 daily flights and more coming in the next year, and a good number of those passengers are connection on to other Eatern European cities. A good number of people still don’t see anyone else entering the market for now.
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK G4 F9
717 733/7/8/9/M8 744 752/3 763 772 788 319/20/21 332/3 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E7/95 (PA28,152)
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Polot wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with different hard products.

No it’s not.


I read that LO will lease a 789 from NEOS which being a vacation carrier likely has tighter pitch?
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:48 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
Seems like this is a popular topic recently with all the announcemts to Prague and other Eastern European cities. There is a lot of talk about this on polish forums. Seems that Lufthansa has the polish transatlantic market pretty well tied down with connections thru Frankfurt and Munich from regional airports in Poland. Then LOT has the 6 daily flights and more coming in the next year, and a good number of those passengers are connection on to other Eatern European cities. A good number of people still don’t see anyone else entering the market for now.


It's too bad because LH shorthaul is really not awe-inspiring.. to be fair the DL 767 central bulkhead seats in Y are the worst probably of any way to travel.
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
dtwpilot225
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:31 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 pm

I’m not trying to turn this into a dtw thread but instead of Atlanta there is a huge polish population in southeast Michigan and Chicago for that matter so maybe the route would be better served from there with a 330 or 767 ?
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3778
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:54 pm

The major concentration of Polish people in the USA are around the three largest cities in the USA. I don’t see how this makes economic sense. At best, I could see a seasonal JFK-WAW service on a B764 or A332. But would that cannibalize connections on OK to WAW from PRG?

BTW, LOT had leased short-term a Neos B789 back in June and July for WAW-NYC. Y in both is the same... 32”/17”...but LO has J and W while Neos has only Y+.
 
HighFlyerIT
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:59 pm

Alphazone wrote:
Polot wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with different hard products.

No it’s not.


I read that LO will lease a 789 from NEOS which being a vacation carrier likely has tighter pitch?


Flights to JFK were operated by NEOS in the past month, but not anymore. Anyway I'm not sure about the pitch, but we're talking about a 789 which went straight to LO right after delivery from Boeing, so I guess not a bad product.
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 5044
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:10 pm

ATL geographically would be a horrible location. I would imagine the volume would be heading to California, New York, Boston, DC And Chicago
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26523
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:15 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
ATL geographically would be a horrible location. I would imagine the volume would be heading to California, New York, Boston, DC And Chicago


Replace Boston with Florida (LOT begins Miami in June), but yeah.
a.
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:19 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:


HighFlyerIT wrote:


Thank you for the information about the NEOS aircraft.

Indeed JFK-WAW was served by DL last century by my knowledge. Today LO manages to make even 2x weekly EWR-RZE in addition to EWR-WAW and JFK-WAW. But not IAD-WAW.

I did read about the planned WAW-MIA for Europe's tourists. Seriously they should just visit LAX instead of MIA.

The discussion about DTW-WAW appeared in one of the Detroit threads. For this route to exist on any carrier, some huge "gifts" are going to be necessary. DTW is not like ORD which will have pax traveling to and from Poland every day and maybe buying the fare the day of departure.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:


MAH4546 wrote:
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
User avatar
DL747400
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 pm

If DL ever restarts service to WAW, it will be from JFK and would be seasonal.
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:22 am

If they struggled with JFK WAW what gives you the idea ATL would fare any better. WAW from the US is mostly VFR and LOT nas it locked up nonstop, the rest of the traffic is best served connecting at one of the Euro hubs. WAW (Poland in general) does not have the draw for Americans that BUD, PRG, Croatia, etc have.
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
User avatar
usdcaguy
Posts: 1594
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:58 am

Not a good idea. WAW has hardly any traffic up front. Connections these days are via CDG and AMS. DL is launching a few new routes next year, and that is where the equipment will go. They might relaunch ATL-PRG but I think launching AUS-LHR with VS codeshare might be a better idea as would MSP-FRA.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15606
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:21 am

USA and Poland is more about leisure or family traffic, not so much business traffic where yeilds would be better. Even then, many will go from even major hubs like JFK/EWR on LH via Munich or FRA as good connecting service, especially to smaller cities away from WAW. A co-worker who is from a city in the southern part of Poland flew their last month and got a better fare deal with LH than LO with a change in I think MUN.

I wonder if CVG would be a better choice for DL as has good connections in the 'rust belt' area with significant Polish population. Still it is mainly going to be seasonal at best.
 
eal
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 am

"I did read about the planned WAW-MIA for Europe's tourists. Seriously they should just visit LAX instead of MIA."

LOT already serves Los Angeles, not to mention that LAX and MIA are completely different markets that cant be swapped out for each other.

LOT ran charters into Miami for a good bit and so there was demand for a scheduled flight, seems like more reasonable route planning then your fanciful whims.
 
mdavies06
Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:31 am

Poland actually as a whole offers a lot to tourists and businesses, but the issue for airlines is they are spread across various cities around the country. This work to the advantage of several Euro legacy carriers to take business away from WAW and LO. For DL, if WAW does comes round, I think a summer seasonal service from JFK is most likely the first step.
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:57 am

Alphazone wrote:
With ATL Hartsfield the world's busiest airport

The demand exists, as per August 30 2018 the musician Raashan Ahmad "walked to the bus to catch a train in Santa Fe to catch a bus in Albuquerque to catch a plane in Albuquerque to catch another plane in Austin to catch another plane in London to catch another plane to Warsaw Poland! Should be a little over 22 hours total..."
On the other end, the music journalist Kajetan Prochyra recently arrived in IAD, and politologist Andrzej Turkowski in Bloomington Indiana via IND.


I have to ask, because a musician "Rashad Ahmad" noted about random travel to SAF, an a journalist to IAD??? I just want to make sure I understood that ridiculous statement.....
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 13749
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:02 am

787fan8 wrote:
I believe that the next European route that DL would launch from ATL would be PRG or ATH

Both of which have already been tried and flopped.

In fact, they were both cut on the same day, in November 2011, and ops discontinued shortly thereafter.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
N649DL
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:42 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
The major concentration of Polish people in the USA are around the three largest cities in the USA. I don’t see how this makes economic sense. At best, I could see a seasonal JFK-WAW service on a B764 or A332. But would that cannibalize connections on OK to WAW from PRG?

BTW, LOT had leased short-term a Neos B789 back in June and July for WAW-NYC. Y in both is the same... 32”/17”...but LO has J and W while Neos has only Y+.


Mostly NYC area and Chicago. But they are scattered around the Midwest especially in MKE and MSP.

ATL-WAW is a total stretch for DL. Better operated out of JFK when they used to fly it on an A310.
 
LAXLHR
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:57 am

Alphazone wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Is Delta's B763 product really better than LO's Dreamliner?


2-3-2 in Delta 767.

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with nonstandard hard products.

Business class in Delta 763 appears better than LO 787, if the aircraft is cleaned and the seat is not broken.


As someone that has actually flown LOT, you are talking absolute nonsense!. DL might be a (no, considered) a good carrier by US standards, but overseas most carriers wipe the floor with DL! LO included. Yes you get that Eastern European / Cold War era charm haha, but they are still overall better.

Many 787 carriers are leasing other jets due to the engine problem. Its also not uncommon to lease jets from other carriers/companies for many reasons, so it would have been more HELPFUL if you had actually researched WHY LO leased a jet from NEOS or wherever.

Time to take a little seat mate and chill. Americans! smh
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA KL

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 330s 340s 350 380
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:03 am

LAXLHR wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Is Delta's B763 product really better than LO's Dreamliner?


2-3-2 in Delta 767.

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with nonstandard hard products.

Business class in Delta 763 appears better than LO 787, if the aircraft is cleaned and the seat is not broken.


As someone that has actually flown LOT, you are talking absolute nonsense!. DL might be a (no, considered) a good carrier by US standards, but overseas most carriers wipe the floor with DL! LO included. Yes you get that Eastern European / Cold War era charm haha, but they are still overall better.

Many 787 carriers are leasing other jets due to the engine problem. Its also not uncommon to lease jets from other carriers/companies for many reasons, so it would have been more HELPFUL if you had actually researched WHY LO leased a jet from NEOS or wherever.

Time to take a little seat mate and chill. Americans! smh

Funny. I've heard from many that the 767 is actually a better ride then the 787. Don't know specifics between DL vs LO, though. Opinions are opinions, I guess.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 4479
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:46 am

FA9295 wrote:
Funny. I've heard from many that the 767 is actually a better ride then the 787. Don't know specifics between DL vs LO, though. Opinions are opinions, I guess.


I've heard the opposite. See this article (in Dutch):

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuws/ ... aken-beter

Passengers flying the Arke (now TUIfly) Dreamliner appreciate their meals better than passengers flying the 767. The meals are identical to each other. This is due to the halo-effect, the feeling that you got more room in a 787 compared to the rather cramped 767.
 
OSL777FLYER
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 8:11 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:35 am

I suspect LOT / United will have this covered. If Dl were to fly to WAW, which Skyteam member would feed flights from there. Demand would not be sufficient alone.

The passenger mentioned in the first post could have flown from Santa Fe to DEN, then with LH to FRA and then to WAW or UA from DEN to ORD then LO to WAW.

I do not see carriers really starting year-round services unless the flights have feeder traffic at both ends.
 
konkret
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:55 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Passengers flying the Arke (now TUIfly) Dreamliner appreciate their meals better than passengers flying the 767. The meals are identical to each other. This is due to the halo-effect, the feeling that you got more room in a 787 compared to the rather cramped 767.


AFAIK the perception of taste is related to the cabin pressure.
 
sirloin
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:13 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:17 am

I know this doesn't add much to the discussion on the viability of a potential WAW route, but if I may interject a few things, I'd say that:

- 2-3-2 on a 767 is excellent for long-haul with a bit of intimacy, even in Y, but with enough cabin space to not feel too cramped on a long-haul flight.
- I don't agree with the inferiority of US carrier long-haul compared to its international counterparts. I've got one flight on a UA 772 (from just over a week ago, and mercifully on a 3-3-3 bird) and three on DL (A333 and 772 in 2013 and a 767 just a few days ago), and the flights were just as good as, if not better than, my flights on international carriers (BA, LH, QF, VS).
 
Cointrin330
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:18 pm

I don't see DL starting ATL-WAW any time soon. The market just isn't there. Poland is very much a VFR route and a largely O&D one with the bulk of the Polish American community centered around Chicago and the New York metro region. Business demand to WAW isn't strong. As for further DL adds ex-ATL to Europe, some folks have suggested PRG (maybe, seasonally, but the JFK flight on the 767-400ER is probably all that the market needs, particularly with the AA (2018) and UA (2019) additions. ATH makes sense, given Greece's role as a major tourist destination between June and September, but DL flies JFK-ATH twice daily at the peak of the season so probably has the market covered.

Eastern Europe year-round from the US on US carriers has been tried many times and does not work.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3555
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Even though the DTW-WAW market isn't the largest, its larger than ATL-WAW and is decent geographically speaking for connections.However, the flight would be better suited out of JFK during the summer with a 1 one way flight from DTW (same flight number with a plane change).
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
Josh32121
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:02 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:24 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Even though the DTW-WAW market isn't the largest, its larger than ATL-WAW and is decent geographically speaking for connections.However, the flight would be better suited out of JFK during the summer with a 1 one way flight from DTW (same flight number with a plane change).


What in the world difference does it make if it's the same flight number DTW-JFK-WAW (or any other routing) if you are changing planes midway? It's a connection. There's no benefit to the single flight number in the form of not having to deplane and reboard and/or minimizing missing onward flight because you will be on the aircraft required to operate the second segment. That same flight number with change of aircraft en route is marketing garbage from the 90s and 2000s when people prioritized one-stop same plane service over a connection for those reasons. I don't know of any airlines in the US besides WN that consistently operate multi-segment flight numbers on the same aircraft. And even if they do, you usually have to deplane between segments (WN being an exception).

More on topic: ATL-WAW makes no sense in DL's network. Someone mentioned the previous attempt at ATL-PRG that ended in 2011. It's been seven years, and both markets have evolved. Might be worth another shot. ATH not so sure.
ATLien
 
NWADTWE16
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:03 pm

DTW-WAW would do better, and look how rumors begin. Whats with the drawdown remark on DTW-LON and DTW-GRU and how this would free up 767's? They are both operated by A332 my friend, and any drawdown, if there is any, is winter seasonal.
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!
 
SRQLOT
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:52 pm

What other large city in US could LOT pull business passengers in large quantities? I know in Chicago they have a contract with an international company that has a contract with them for $3 million a year for flights. Unless LOT or US3 could pull that kind of a contract I can see how it’s not possible to make it work with just tourists in economy. So any big companies in Poland that are from the USA outside of the cities that LOT flies to???
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK G4 F9
717 733/7/8/9/M8 744 752/3 763 772 788 319/20/21 332/3 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E7/95 (PA28,152)
 
_AA_777_MAN
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 1:58 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:25 pm

FA9295 wrote:
LAXLHR wrote:
Alphazone wrote:

2-3-2 in Delta 767.

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with nonstandard hard products.

Business class in Delta 763 appears better than LO 787, if the aircraft is cleaned and the seat is not broken.


As someone that has actually flown LOT, you are talking absolute nonsense!. DL might be a (no, considered) a good carrier by US standards, but overseas most carriers wipe the floor with DL! LO included. Yes you get that Eastern European / Cold War era charm haha, but they are still overall better.

Many 787 carriers are leasing other jets due to the engine problem. Its also not uncommon to lease jets from other carriers/companies for many reasons, so it would have been more HELPFUL if you had actually researched WHY LO leased a jet from NEOS or wherever.

Time to take a little seat mate and chill. Americans! smh

Funny. I've heard from many that the 767 is actually a better ride then the 787. Don't know specifics between DL vs LO, though. Opinions are opinions, I guess.



Just flew on LOT 787-9s SP-LSA and SP-LSB round trip ORD-WAW-ORD, and no a 767 is not a better ride than the 787. an A330 is not a better ride than a 787 , a 777 is not a better ride than a 787. Not sure where you got that, must have been one of these people who hate change. The LO product is great.
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 pm



N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
Freshside3
Posts: 1594
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:11 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:52 am

No real local market for ATL-WAW, whatsoever. Doomed to fail, just like when DL did MSP-FCO. There needs to be some local traffic to make a gateway city work.

DTW-WAW on DL would be the best bet. And I could see LO possibly do some kind of Florida trip...
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:55 am

LAXLHR wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Is Delta's B763 product really better than LO's Dreamliner?


2-3-2 in Delta 767.

LO 787 fleet is inconsistent, muddled with leased aircraft with nonstandard hard products.

Business class in Delta 763 appears better than LO 787, if the aircraft is cleaned and the seat is not broken.


As someone that has actually flown LOT, you are talking absolute nonsense!. DL might be a (no, considered) a good carrier by US standards, but overseas most carriers wipe the floor with DL! LO included. Yes you get that Eastern European / Cold War era charm haha, but they are still overall better.

Many 787 carriers are leasing other jets due to the engine problem. Its also not uncommon to lease jets from other carriers/companies for many reasons, so it would have been more HELPFUL if you had actually researched WHY LO leased a jet from NEOS or wherever.

Time to take a little seat mate and chill. Americans! smh


To answer your question.




LO 787 in J has got 2-2-2 config.

DL 763 has 1-2-1. DL Airbus 330 has 1-2-1. DL 777 1-2-1 A350 1-2-1 B764 1-2-1. In terms of operational reliability DL is dependable while LO is not so dependable. That's the crux of my wish to see WAW see service from DL the superior carrier of the US3.

Really you should not be so confident nor so condescending, since you didn't even answer your own question as to why LO had leased the NEOS frame.
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 14965
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:36 am

Alphazone wrote:
In terms of operational reliability DL is dependable while LO is not so dependable. That's the crux of my wish to see WAW see service from DL the superior carrier of the US3.


I guess that's true today, but if we are talking about relatively old DL 763s versus a hypothetical LO 787 feet without engine issues (which presumably will happen at some point), will DL really be more dependable?

More generally, the problem with WAW/Poland service on US carriers is that while WAW is the economic and political capital of Poland, it is not the most interesting city or region for tourists, nor is it where most of the VFR traffic goes (the on and off RZE longhaul flights are essentially all VFR). The road and rail network is still poor enough in Poland that that's a big problem. ATL-FRA-KTW or ATL-CDG-KRK are both probably quite a bit faster than a nonstop to WAW and then going by ground.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:45 am

BA744PHX wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
With ATL Hartsfield the world's busiest airport

The demand exists, as per August 30 2018 the musician Raashan Ahmad "walked to the bus to catch a train in Santa Fe to catch a bus in Albuquerque to catch a plane in Albuquerque to catch another plane in Austin to catch another plane in London to catch another plane to Warsaw Poland! Should be a little over 22 hours total..."
On the other end, the music journalist Kajetan Prochyra recently arrived in IAD, and politologist Andrzej Turkowski in Bloomington Indiana via IND.


I have to ask, because a musician "Rashad Ahmad" noted about random travel to SAF, an a journalist to IAD??? I just want to make sure I understood that ridiculous statement.....


I think if you read carefully, the musician was going to WAW and the journalist from WAW to IAD.
It's relevant what they do because for example I am also a musician flying sometimes to WAW, here is a song of him. https://soundcloud.com/essocrates/m-roz ... g-interest
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: ATL-WAW route

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am

Alphazone wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
With ATL Hartsfield the world's busiest airport

The demand exists, as per August 30 2018 the musician Raashan Ahmad "walked to the bus to catch a train in Santa Fe to catch a bus in Albuquerque to catch a plane in Albuquerque to catch another plane in Austin to catch another plane in London to catch another plane to Warsaw Poland! Should be a little over 22 hours total..."
On the other end, the music journalist Kajetan Prochyra recently arrived in IAD, and politologist Andrzej Turkowski in Bloomington Indiana via IND.


I have to ask, because a musician "Rashad Ahmad" noted about random travel to SAF, an a journalist to IAD??? I just want to make sure I understood that ridiculous statement.....


I think if you read carefully, the musician was going to WAW and the journalist from WAW to IAD.
It's relevant what they do because for example I am also a musician flying sometimes to WAW, here is a song of him. https://soundcloud.com/essocrates/m-roz ... g-interest


So because travel was noted between those 2 places that means there is demand for flights? Same would apply if a high school in BIS decides for a senior trip to London & Paris. It's pointless to note especially if there is only 10-15 non daily travelers (special group) between 2 destinations
 
xdlx
Posts: 972
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Blerg wrote:
Is Delta's B763 product really better than LO's Dreamliner?


Really?
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5467
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Alphazone wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:


HighFlyerIT wrote:


Thank you for the information about the NEOS aircraft.

Indeed JFK-WAW was served by DL last century by my knowledge. Today LO manages to make even 2x weekly EWR-RZE in addition to EWR-WAW and JFK-WAW. But not IAD-WAW.

I did read about the planned WAW-MIA for Europe's tourists. Seriously they should just visit LAX instead of MIA.

The discussion about DTW-WAW appeared in one of the Detroit threads. For this route to exist on any carrier, some huge "gifts" are going to be necessary. DTW is not like ORD which will have pax traveling to and from Poland every day and maybe buying the fare the day of departure.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:


MAH4546 wrote:


But DTW is way better suited to field a WAW nonstop on Delta then ATL is. DTW has a lot of traffic to Poland that drive to ORD to use the ORD-WAW nonstop. Many years ago LO operated DTW-YMX-WAW with the IL-62 and then later DTW-WAW with a leased DC-8. Then later ATA operated DTW-SNN-WAW with a 757 for 2 consecutive summers there has never been a ATL-WAW direct flight.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
Alphazone
Topic Author
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Re: ATL-WAW route

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 pm

klm617 wrote:
Alphazone wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:


HighFlyerIT wrote:


Thank you for the information about the NEOS aircraft.

Indeed JFK-WAW was served by DL last century by my knowledge. Today LO manages to make even 2x weekly EWR-RZE in addition to EWR-WAW and JFK-WAW. But not IAD-WAW.

I did read about the planned WAW-MIA for Europe's tourists. Seriously they should just visit LAX instead of MIA.

The discussion about DTW-WAW appeared in one of the Detroit threads. For this route to exist on any carrier, some huge "gifts" are going to be necessary. DTW is not like ORD which will have pax traveling to and from Poland every day and maybe buying the fare the day of departure.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:


MAH4546 wrote:


But DTW is way better suited to field a WAW nonstop on Delta then ATL is. DTW has a lot of traffic to Poland that drive to ORD to use the ORD-WAW nonstop. Many years ago LO operated DTW-YMX-WAW with the IL-62 and then later DTW-WAW with a leased DC-8. Then later ATA operated DTW-SNN-WAW with a 757 for 2 consecutive summers there has never been a ATL-WAW direct flight.



Freshside3 wrote:

Yesterday I met the consul general and he was bragging about the MIA-WAW route.
N664US The Spirit of Beijing
N670US World Plane - 50 Years Bridging the Pacific / The Alliance Spirit
N671US City of Detroit
N673US City of Tokyo
N674US City of Shanghai
N675NW Spirit of the Northwest People

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos