ANA in the UK!

CarbonFibre

Re: Flybe reveals updated livery

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:28 pm

I'd like to have seen this.

seansasLCY

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:44 pm

It would appear the large titles version is a fake.
https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewph ... icid=10272

OlafW

Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:58 pm

That was a response to the comment that larger titles would have looked better. While I do agree on the larger the titles, the rest doesn't look so bad. Yes, reminds of Air Southwest and maybe it's not a flowing design, but it's decent and not quite as hideous as the current complete purple thing.

TheDBCooper

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Jetmagic anyone?

TheLion

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:11 pm

Certainly a nice, colourful update that is at once sharp but professional, while not resorting to bland Eurowhite like so many. Thumbs up for this one :thumbsup:

JannEejit

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:54 pm

Yeah JetMagic, I forgot about them. Pretty close resemblance. So how many airlines have had three liveries in operation at the same time ?

LuxuryTravelled

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Complete madness, they shouldnt be wasting money on a new branding - there are plenty other things which need sorting.

NASBWI

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:08 pm

JannEejit wrote:
Yeah JetMagic, I forgot about them. Pretty close resemblance. So how many airlines have had three liveries in operation at the same time ?

Delta Air Lines famously had three at once (Ron Allen, Song, and Wavy Gravy. Around 2006 when I was based in JFK, I had seen all of them at once along with a few hybrids (737s with the current scheme’s winglets and wavy gravy scheme, 764 with the current scheme and metal underbelly). I don’t think there were any Ron Allen planes flying around by the time the current livery was rolled out, but there might have been!

As for the revised FlyBe livery: I like the colors in general, but I agree with those who said it seems somewhat incomplete. Perhaps I’m in a minority, but I actually liked the original light blue scheme (and to be honest, my favorite was when it was called Jersey/British European with the colorful triangle). But that’s just me. Cheers!
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)

KLDC10

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:17 pm

JannEejit wrote:

Not three, but how about Lufthansa? ;)

There's:
The new livery
The 'old' new livery
The old livery
The retro livery as applied to D-ABYT
The retro livery as applied to an A321
The '5Starhansa' livery
The Siegerflieger livery, which is still flying around on a 747-8
And the Star Alliance livery if you wish to count that

That makes seven or eight, depending on which way you look at it...
Last edited by KLDC10 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300

Polot

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 pm

NASBWI wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

Delta Air Lines famously had three at once (Ron Allen, Song, and Wavy Gravy. Around 2006 when I was based in JFK, I had seen all of them at once along with a few hybrids (737s with the current scheme’s winglets and wavy gravy scheme, 764 with the current scheme and metal underbelly). I don’t think there were any Ron Allen planes flying around by the time the current livery was rolled out, but there might have been!

There were still a few Rob Allen planes flying around when the new livery was introduced- the current DL livery was introduced in 2007 (hard to believe it has now lasted longer than both the RA and Wavy Gravy liveries) and the final RA plane was repainted in 2008 iirc.

There was also a period where DL had the classic Widget, RA, and Wavy Gravy liveries all in their fleet.

LX138

Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:26 pm

New scheme looks good. Less 'supermarket home range' now and more 'premium' feeling to it.
With the launch of their own Avios platform soon - that should hopefully help them too.
StarWorld Team - The ultimate airline alliance

Samrnpage

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:14 am

I actually like it, its nice a premium and the flybe in smaller titles so when you board you clearly see it. Its different. They need to go after premium UK customers and businessmen and I think this suits them.

N415XJ

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:32 am

JannEejit wrote:

United. IIRC The battleship livery could be seen on a select few mainline and Express planes in the months after the merger scheme came out. Then there's the Continental scheme, which is the same as the merger scheme but with different titles so I'm not sure if you'd count that as a 4th scheme....

waly777

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:36 am

Looks decent, will probably take a while to get used to and saves them a bit on paint cost versus the all purple (which i liked as it was very unique).
The test of first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold 2 opposed ideas in the mind concurrently, and still function

ELBOB

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:38 am

Pleasant enough and inoffensive but will merge into the general background of Eurowhite at big airports.

I think what makes it awkward to me is the use of the lighter shade under the wings, which will nearly always be in shadow and so makes it look like two shades of lilac. Reversing the colours to put the purple there would have been more resistant to shadow.

waly777 wrote:
... and saves them a bit on paint cost versus the all purple (which i liked as it was very unique).

Well the same amount of paint has to be applied and the masking is slightly more complicated now, so it might not be that big a saving other than being able to order generic white instead of custom purple.

tomcoppins

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:23 am

Why did the paint the aircraft in Malta?...surely there are closer places get a plane repainted?

andymartin

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:34 am

Do Flybe think a new colour scheme will make those Dash 8s more reliable? Or that travelling in them will no longer be one of the noisiest experiences in any modern aircraft?

CarbonFibre

Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:40 am

JannEejit wrote:
So how many airlines have had three liveries in operation at the same time ?

Austrian have got three on the go at the moment.

ewt340

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:32 am

Don't like the Pink for some reason. It would look better if they go with just the purple. Maybe make the purple a bit darker or bluer.

Also the dots doesn't look as good.

Sam733

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:51 am

I prefer the new one to the previous purple one as i always felt the block purple looked odd and didn't really fit in. However the old blue and white is still my favourite and with that I think flybe missed a trick. I think they should have just replaced the blue with the purple on the old livery, a kind of southwest move. Also the logo is still a little too bland in comparison to the old one so I've included a few images (sorry about the paint quality) to express how I feel they should have gone in the first place.

http://prntscr.com/kqsoe7

http://prntscr.com/kqsos7

sevenair

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 am

I like it. Whilst it's easy to mock flyBE for the basket case that they, I believe this craft was in Brussels Airlines livery so would need changed anyway so any costs would have to be incurred regardless at some point as it would have needed painting. If they paint the rest of the fleet still in the 'classic' fleet in this new livery and then the purple planes as an when required then I suppose the costs won't be too high. It's a shame as the purple planes are actually very easy to spot from a distance when in flight.

Still, things like customer service, OTP oh and every airlines main goal - make a profit - should be higher up the list.

bgm

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:38 am

sevenair wrote:
I believe this craft was in Brussels Airlines livery so would need changed anyway

Nope, this aircraft was never in the Brussels Airlines livery, those were G-ECOI and G-ECOK, which are now in a hybrid livery with the SN titles removed:

G-ECOI: https://flic.kr/p/29AqRhb
G-ECOK: https://flic.kr/p/27NHZT5

The aircraft repainted was involved in the landing gear collapse at AMS in 2017. G-JECP before: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9045165

sevenair

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:10 am

bgm wrote:
sevenair wrote:
I believe this craft was in Brussels Airlines livery so would need changed anyway

Nope, this aircraft was never in the Brussels Airlines livery, those were G-ECOI and G-ECOK, which are now in a hybrid livery with the SN titles removed:

G-ECOI: https://flic.kr/p/29AqRhb
G-ECOK: https://flic.kr/p/27NHZT5

The aircraft repainted was involved in the landing gear collapse at AMS in 2017. G-JECP before: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9045165

Well, it was due a new paint job anyway. I should imagine the former Brussels Airlines painted planes will be the first to be converted to this. But this is flyBE.

LaunchDetected

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:11 am

Even an awesome livery like the new Gulf Air would look ugly on a Q400.
Caravelle lover

PigScroll

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:41 am

I think if the titles were enlarged on the front, I would like it a lot of a lot more. Its not the end of the world, but it is very bland - larger titles would help remedy this IMO.

PigScroll

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:41 am

I think if the titles were enlarged on the front, I would like it a lot of a lot more. Its not the end of the world, but it is very bland - larger titles would help remedy this IMO.

ahj2000

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 pm

Polot wrote:
NASBWI wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

There were still a few Rob Allen planes flying around when the new livery was introduced- the current DL livery was introduced in 2007 (hard to believe it has now lasted longer than both the RA and Wavy Gravy liveries) and the final RA plane was repainted in 2008 iirc.

There was also a period where DL had the classic Widget, RA, and Wavy Gravy liveries all in their fleet.

Don't forget Spirit. The charcoal squares, blue and red, and school bus/taxi are all being used right now.
-Andrés Juánez

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos