Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Spacepope

Re: Rumor: Interjet to sell its SSJ100 to focus on its A320 fleet, rebutted.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:41 pm

anxo75 wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
rrlopes wrote:

In my opinion, flightglobal being part of a multinational smearing campaign of a Russian airplane is much less likely to be true than Interjet having major issues with the SSJ. I haven't seen isn't a single piece of data that supports the smearing campaign. All data that I've seen supports the hypothesis that the SSJ hasn't been working for Interjet. Would you be4 able to share anything that would support your hypothesis?

Indeed, by asking "what does Flightglobal get out of participating in an international smear campaign" doesn't come up with a good answer, Occam's razor will suggest it is just reporting on the data it is provided, which just so happens to be 1) not good for Su and 2) not out of character from what we've seen for manufacturer support in the past from thee guys. Chanting "fake news" and then picking and choosing the sources doesn't lend itself to credibility on the issue. Especially when the problems have been echoed by several other operators in Europe and Russia.

Flightglobal plainly lied...it's up to you to believe if it is an innocent lie.

OK, where did they lie? Show your work.
The last of the famous international playboys

lightsaber

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:04 pm

anxo75 wrote:
I find suspicious that an airplane produced in very small numbers attracts such a continuous criticism.

For the quantity of flight hours, why? Aircraft are benchmarked and the SSJ is just having too few flight hours.

It would be trivial to prove the critics wrong if the SSJ was putting in the cycles and hours.

Right now the Su100 is more expensive to acquire than say an E-175. This shouldn't be, except so many backup aircraft are required.

There are many fans of the su100 here. I'm one. But the execution has ruined the market.
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

KrustyTheKlown
Topic Author

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Responding to a now deleted message, this is the number of flying hours that each of Interjet's SSJ100 saw yesterday according to data from flightradar24:

XA-JLG 3
XA-IJR 0
XA-NSG 7.4
XA-ABM 12.8
XA-OAA 0
XA-JLP 0
XA-LME 0
XA-ALJ 0
XA-BMO 0
XA-LLV 9.9
XA-OUI 0
XA-GCD 2.2
XA-BVM 0
XA-VER 0
XA-PPY 0
XA-NGO 0
XA-DAS 4.7
XA-VAS 2.6
XA-JBA 1.6
XA-MRM 4.5

Only 3 out of 22 flew more than 5 hours. 11 didn't fly at all and most others only competed 1 or 2 sectors.

If anybody doesn't believe those numbers this is an invitation to provide better data.

lightsaber

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:03 am

KrustyTheKlown wrote:
Responding to a now deleted message, this is the number of flying hours that each of Interjet's SSJ100 saw yesterday according to data from flightradar24:

XA-JLG 3
XA-IJR 0
XA-NSG 7.4
XA-ABM 12.8
XA-OAA 0
XA-JLP 0
XA-LME 0
XA-ALJ 0
XA-BMO 0
XA-LLV 9.9
XA-OUI 0
XA-GCD 2.2
XA-BVM 0
XA-VER 0
XA-PPY 0
XA-NGO 0
XA-DAS 4.7
XA-VAS 2.6
XA-JBA 1.6
XA-MRM 4.5

Only 3 out of 22 flew more than 5 hours. 11 didn't fly at all and most others only competed 1 or 2 sectors.

If anybody doesn't believe those numbers this is an invitation to provide better data.

22 planes flew 48.7 hours or 2.21 hours each.

I hadn't realized the Su100 flies at ARJ21 levels of utilization.

If anyone disagrees, the should provide numbers.

To put in perspective, the E2-190 has flow 8 cycles and 10+ hours in a day (after day). It would take ~4 or 5 E1, CRJ, E2, A220, 737, or A320 to fly that much.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

ytz

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 am

anxo75 wrote:
I find suspicious that an airplane produced in very small numbers attracts such a continuous criticism.

If that were true, why does the CSeries and E2 get good reviews?

anxo75

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:38 am

lightsaber wrote:
KrustyTheKlown wrote:

XA-JLG 3
XA-IJR 0
XA-NSG 7.4
XA-ABM 12.8
XA-OAA 0
XA-JLP 0
XA-LME 0
XA-ALJ 0
XA-BMO 0
XA-LLV 9.9
XA-OUI 0
XA-GCD 2.2
XA-BVM 0
XA-VER 0
XA-PPY 0
XA-NGO 0
XA-DAS 4.7
XA-VAS 2.6
XA-JBA 1.6
XA-MRM 4.5

22 planes flew 48.7 hours or 2.21 hours each.

I hadn't realized the Su100 flies at ARJ21 levels of utilization.

If anyone disagrees, the should provide numbers.

To put in perspective, the E2-190 has flow 8 cycles and 10+ hours in a day (after day). It would take ~4 or 5 E1, CRJ, E2, A220, 737, or A320 to fly that much.

Lightsaber

I don't know what's going on with interjet's ssj, but I very much doubt it has to do with the aircraft itself...in any case, aeroflot is buying 100 of them and the reactions were as if they had announced they were going to kill 100 children...
It's going to be hard for the mc-21 as well...just wait.

SomebodyInTLS

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:59 am

Spacepope wrote:
rrlopes wrote:
anxo75 wrote:
Don't you think the flightglobal article is part of a smearing campaign? If I've ever seen one...

In my opinion, flightglobal being part of a multinational smearing campaign of a Russian airplane is much less likely to be true than Interjet having major issues with the SSJ. I haven't seen isn't a single piece of data that supports the smearing campaign. All data that I've seen supports the hypothesis that the SSJ hasn't been working for Interjet. Would you be able to share anything that would support your hypothesis?

Indeed, by asking "what does Flightglobal get out of participating in an international smear campaign" doesn't come up with a good answer, Occam's razor will suggest it is just reporting on the data it is provided, which just so happens to be 1) not good for Su and 2) not out of character from what we've seen for manufacturer support in the past from thee guys. Chanting "fake news" and then picking and choosing the sources doesn't lend itself to credibility on the issue. Especially when the problems have been echoed by several other operators in Europe and Russia.

anxo75 has a total of 31 posts in 7 months - all in defence of SSJ. I think we know what's going on here...
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

Amiga500

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:02 am

The Russian aircraft may be technical on the pace fuel-burn wise, and this is widely recognised with SSJ and expected with MC-21

But they need to support it adequately. Otherwise all that effort is wasted.

As an aside - if anyone believes that there is not a significant minority of press reports that are either not impartial* or not the real opinion** of the author, then I have some moon rocks to sell...

*reporter bias.
**reporter being told what to write by their editor, who is told what to write by the owner.

The worst thing is, a lot of this crap is becoming accepted as mainstream journalism and assumed to be free of both bias and censorship and it goes on to shape public opinion. Faux News is a prime example of it. Unfortunately, I have no doubt that there will be some take offence at what I say as they believe it means I am judging them. I am not. It is a trap easily fell into and I have been there myself in the past.

I would only ask they try and verify what they are told by trying to get information from various other sources, particularly those looking at it from other points of view.

Amiga500

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:08 am

With regards flight global in this instance.

They led with the headline:

"Interjet in talks with Sukhoi to sell SSJ100 fleet"

The only quote was:

"We're finalising an amicable negotiation with Sukhoi,"

That is an awful lot of extrapolation from a very short sentence using 3rd party speculation / unverified reports.

anxo75

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:24 am

SomebodyInTLS wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
rrlopes wrote:

In my opinion, flightglobal being part of a multinational smearing campaign of a Russian airplane is much less likely to be true than Interjet having major issues with the SSJ. I haven't seen isn't a single piece of data that supports the smearing campaign. All data that I've seen supports the hypothesis that the SSJ hasn't been working for Interjet. Would you be able to share anything that would support your hypothesis?

Indeed, by asking "what does Flightglobal get out of participating in an international smear campaign" doesn't come up with a good answer, Occam's razor I will suggest it is just reporting on the data it is provided, which just so happens to be 1) not good for Su and 2) not out of character from what we've seen for manufacturer support in the past from thee guys. Chanting "fake news" and then picking and choosing the sources doesn't lend itself to credibility on the issue. Especially when the problems have been echoed by several other operators in Europe and Russia.

anxo75 has a total of 31 posts in 7 months - all in defence of SSJ. I think we know what's going on here...

Ad hominem fallacy....

Devilfish

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm

I'd hardly call this "biased" reporting.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... su-451872/
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

Amiga500

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Devilfish wrote:
I'd hardly call this "biased" reporting.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... su-451872/

Looks like biased or incompetent to me:

Interjet chief executive Jose Luis Garza was on 11 September asked by FlightGlobal if it was true that the airline planned to sell the Superjet fleet, and said it was. "We're finalising an amicable negotiation with Sukhoi," he said.

If flightglobal actually had a quote which said we are looking to sell the fleet, then why is it not included? Certainly the quote they have presented - in bold - is not confirmation of anything. This article is in response to the Interjet rebuttal of flightglobals earlier report, so they will include their most conclusive quotes.

I suspect the incompetent reporter asked:

"Are you going to sell the superjet"

The response being:

"We're finalising an amicable negotiation with Sukhoi."

The incompentent reporter then assuming that being confirmation of their original question rather than meaning a separate negotiation entirely nearing an amicable conclusion.

At this point, the reporter should have stopped, pondered what part of handing back young jets from a program that desperately needs the prestige of foreign owners would be amicable to Sukhoi, then sought clarification on the response.

SomebodyInTLS

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:19 pm

anxo75 wrote:
SomebodyInTLS wrote:

Ad hominem fallacy....

Fallacy? Hardly. I am reporting exactly what you post when I check your profile.

Ad hominem - well if that's how you want to see it. You could have responded with something like "can I help it if I'm a fan?" - the fact you took my comment as an attack doesn't help your cause in my eyes.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

anxo75

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:56 pm

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/opinion-interjets-sweet-ssj100-deal-turns-sour-451902/
Now it seems they are mad. Someone should tell them to stop being ridiculous...

jcleal

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:06 am

Now Interjet is speaking of 20 more 320 neo, 162 seats vs 150 on the 320 ceo, and they are saying that the Superjet fleet will stay however the number of aircrafts will be reduced in the long run...acording to El Financiero report.
http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/empresas ... de-35-a-55
in Spanish only.

KrustyTheKlown
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 am

It appears the rumor was partially true as Interjet just fired 40 SSJ pilots

The article also claims that Interjet will stop operating the SSJ100 within 4 months. I don't know how accurate is that information as the previous announcements implied that they would keep operating at least some SSJ100.

KrustyTheKlown
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:49 am

Other sources quoting Interjet report that they will reduce their SSJ100 fleet to a yet to announced number and that Sukhoi will improve parts availability and provide Interjet with a flight simulator to cut training costs.

So the rumor turned out to be 75% true as it's now confirmed that Interjet is ordering 20 A320neo and selling some of their SSJ100.

scbriml

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:29 am

jcleal wrote:
Now Interjet is speaking of 20 more 320 neo, 162 seats vs 150 on the 320 ceo, and they are saying that the Superjet fleet will stay however the number of aircrafts will be reduced in the long run...acording to El Financiero report.
in Spanish only.

KrustyTheKlown wrote:

The article also claims that Interjet will stop operating the SSJ100 within 4 months. I don't know how accurate is that information as the previous announcements implied that they would keep operating at least some SSJ100.

KrustyTheKlown wrote:
Other sources quoting Interjet report that they will reduce their SSJ100 fleet to a yet to announced number and that Sukhoi will improve parts availability and provide Interjet with a flight simulator to cut training costs.

So the rumor turned out to be 75% true as it's now confirmed that Interjet is ordering 20 A320neo and selling some of their SSJ100.

I'm sure a certain someone will be along soon to tell us this is all #FakeNews and all part of a coordinated smear campaign against the SSJ.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

DesertAir

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Following what could be denoted as a long and rough relationship lasting about seven years, Mexican hybrid carrier Interjet decided that it’s time to get rid of its Sukhoi Superjet (SSJ) 100 fleet, after major recurrent headaches with the model. Quoted from an article in AirlineGeeks. September 13th. (I had trouble linking.)

Does this count as Fake News? It seems to me that it is not wise to invest in products, like Russian made jets, that have little presence in the Mexican Market. Airbus jets abound, so do parts and other auxiliary services. It makes sense to me to sell them.

P1aneMad

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:53 pm

The link for the Airlinegeeks article "Interjet Looking to Sell Its SSJ100s" that DessertAir mentioned is this: https://airlinegeeks.com/2018/09/13/int ... s-ssj100s/

The airline has had several issues with these Russian airliners since they entered into service in 2013. Out of all, an incident in early 2017 stands out as they were forced to simultaneously ground half of the fleet due to problems found on the aircraft’s stabilizer nodes in the tail. Later, media reports claimed that four aircraft had been permanently grounded and scrapped for parts in order to keep the rest of the fleet in the air.

That sounds particularly damning!

Also this quote from the original Flightglobal article is hair raising. Looks like Sukhoi sold them to Interjet for the ridiculous price of 10 SSJs for the equivalent of a predelivery payment of a single A320!!!

Interjet had previously downplayed the issues on the aircraft, pointing to how it had negotiated a "sweet deal" for the SSJ100 order, with the capital cost of 10 aircraft about equal with the pre-delivery payment for one A320.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... et-451843/

Wayfarer515

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:14 pm

I wouldnt believe a thing FlightGlobal is saying, they have already been qualified as "inaccurate" or "misleading" from Interjet itself. I think the most comprehensive article of what is going on right now comes from El Financiero from Mexico, and has direct quotes from Interjet´s commercial director:

From what he states in the article, there will be a long term reduction from the current 22 to a yet unspecified number, this depends on what the assessment being carried on by SCAC itself turns out. The airplanes will not be going back to the manufacturer, so I guess there will be a third party involved for delivering those airframes elsewehere. There is a commitment from SCAC side to reduce the direct operating costs, create a spare parts warehouse in Mexico City, as well as the delivery of a simulator in Toluca.

Apparently, the main issue is their lack of slots in the Mexico City airport, and they are in need to increase their seat number offering in the near future until the new airport comes into operation. I guess the development of their interregional routing without the Mexico City hub just hasn't worked they way they expected to and they will tone down this a bit in order to reduce some of their costs. I do wonder who will pick up the frames since they are not going back to the manufacturer. In total, they are reducing about 500 personnel from their SSJ ops. from what I have read elsewhere so I guess some SSJ-only routes will soon disappear, as someone else mentioned before I think they are preparing the airline to be sold since the s**t has hit the fan, and the SSJ fleet doesnt make them very attractive to any potential buyers.

lightsaber

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:19 pm

scbriml wrote:
jcleal wrote:
in Spanish only.

KrustyTheKlown wrote:

KrustyTheKlown wrote:

I'm sure a certain someone will be along soon to tell us this is all #FakeNews and all part of a coordinated smear campaign against the SSJ.

This is an interesting hybrid answer.

TheRedBaron

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:33 pm

The firing of pilots and support crews is true has been announced and a friend of mine told me so a few hours ago. The rumor here is that they will downsize the fleet because there are simple too many grounded SSJ100 for MX problems. (engines). They told them that their are going to get rid of them eventually, if the Sukhoi doest get its act together in the MX and restores the SSJ as a reliable aircraft I am afraid they will be gone ...

Regards
TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

lightsaber

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm

TheRedBaron wrote:
The firing of pilots and support crews is true has been announced and a friend of mine told me so a few hours ago. The rumor here is that they will downsize the fleet because there are simple too many grounded SSJ100 for MX problems. (engines). They told them that their are going to get rid of them eventually, if the Sukhoi doest get its act together in the MX and restores the SSJ as a reliable aircraft I am afraid they will be gone ...

Regards
TRB

Unreliable aircraft quickly cost more than expensive reliable aircraft, even if the unreliable aircraft was free.

Interjet had previously claimed that the Su100 isn't having more problems, it is poor support grounding them. This is owned by Sukhoi and SAFRAN.

Lightsaber

jcleal

Re: Rumor: Interjet to sell its SSJ100 to focus on its A320 fleet.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 pm

Another newspaper is saying that Interjet will layoff 650 people... all related to the SuperJet. This may confirm the rumor of cutting that fleet all together in a matter of moths. From my perspective Interjet has not been crystal clear about the future of that particular aircraft.
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/cartera/i ... e-de-flota

ghost77

Re: Report: Interjet to sell its SSJ100 to focus on its A320 fleet

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:45 pm

lightsaber wrote:
ghost77 wrote:
Running out of cash?

As of June 30th 2018, Interjet is in RED:

https://static.interjet.com/assets/html ... as-VF2.pdf

Only 1st 3 months of the year in English:

https://static.interjet.com/assets/html ... Report.pdf

As we speak, early June, half fleet has been grounded...

Active (10):

XA-IJR
XA-JLG
XA-NSG
XA-ABM
XA-OAA
XA-LLV
XA-VAS
XA-DAS
XA-MRM
XA-VER

Grounded (11):

XA-JLV
XA-JLP
XA-LME
XA-ALJ
XA-BMO
XA-OUI
XA-GCD
XA-BVM
XA-PPY
XA-NGO
XA-JBA

Rumors that all fleet will be grounded this month.

Interjet MUST act fast. MUST forget it "super space" and urgently fit more seats and boost capacity to 180 on the A320s and 200 on the A321s.

g77

That many grounded is a major issue. It does not bode well...

To keep you guys posted...

Last September 14th, Interjet fired around 60 pilots, 125 F/A's, 80 mechanics and many more staff in other areas.

Since that day, many cancellations were done and flights were concentrated to Airbus.

Since that day, less and less planes have been active in the fleet.

Since that day, on September 15th the only 6 active aircraft were:

XA-IJR
XA-JLG
XA-NSG
XA-ABM
XA-LLV
XA-JBA

As of yesterday, the only active fleet was the whole days was:

XA-JLG
XA-NSG

As of today, the only active fleet is:

XA-JLG
XA-ABM
XA-OAA
XA-LLV
XA-JBA

And it's making VERY FEW flights... seems like a back up aircraft. That plane is I believe getting retired anytime soon...

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Well, IAJ confirmed today that the SSJ is staying:

http://enelaire.mx/interjet-modifica...os-por-ssj100/

This shows the level of pseudo-journalism that is carried on in many of the Latin American countries nowadays, as I said before this was just another fake news and a smear campaign against the SSJ, funny this just happened when an IAJ competitor is in hot water for letting any John Doe fly one of their planes and then crashing it.

It's NOT FAKE news... Interjet doesn't want bad media... but they're reporting a lot of red...

KrustyTheKlown wrote:
If Interjet measures its success by the amount of money they get from Sukhoi then the SSJ100 is an excellent aircraft. Other airlines measure their success with ticket sales.

Hahahaha... seems that's Interjet way of measuring success... they have to get rid of that plane and put more seats on each A320 and A321 ASAP!!!

g77

MaksFly

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Seems like Interjet wants the newest SSJs.

http://www.rusaviainsider.com/sukhoi-ci ... ed-ssj100/

Samrnpage

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:01 pm

What makes interjet decide to want more SSJs?

lightsaber

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Samrnpage wrote:
What makes interjet decide to want more SSJs?

Read the wording. My translation is that if reliability improves, they will take more.

With only 2 to 6 flying in a given day at low utilization, they have given up on the SSJ, but they are keeping to contract to keep penalty payments.

Lightsaber

KrustyTheKlown
Topic Author

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Interjet confirmed that they are going to return all but 7 of their 22 SSJ100

Translation from the embedded PDF:
We also inform that the negotiations with the SuperJet company (SCAC) achieved better than expected terms, nevertheless, we will have to operate only 7 superjets while we wait for new improved SSJ100 aircraft, which will feature improved aerodynamic performance as well as engines with better performance and therefore a longer range.

With our new fleet plan we expect, in addition to our original order of 35 aircraft, to add 20 additional A320neo and A321neo which will be delivered within the next 5 years in order to achieve sustained [passenger] growth.

Has any airline ever returned aircraft to the manufacturer to buy back essentially the same type but with winglets and a PIP?

lightsaber

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:17 am

KrustyTheKlown wrote:

We also inform that the negotiations with the SuperJet company (SCAC) achieved better than expected terms, nevertheless, we will have to operate only 7 superjets while we wait for new improved SSJ100 aircraft, which will feature improved aerodynamic performance as well as engines with better performance and therefore a longer range.

With our new fleet plan we expect, in addition to our original order of 35 aircraft, to add 20 additional A320neo and A321neo which will be delivered within the next 5 years in order to achieve sustained [passenger] growth.

Has any airline ever returned aircraft to the manufacturer to buy back essentially the same type but with winglets and a PIP?

I'm not aware. RR effectively replaced all 757 engines... So perhaps the engines need that much TLC?
I suspect this is to wait for design changes that improve dispatch reliability. Far more than the engines.

Lightsaber

MaksFly

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:52 am

KrustyTheKlown wrote:

I would actually not be surprised if part of this was to cut out SuperJet International, the Italian/Russian partnership which is having issues by most accounts, and buying new planes straight from Sukhoi. In the meantime, Interjet gets to shed quite a few planes in the short term to right size their capacity on certain routes. Win win for Interjet and they can blame their own financial issues on someone else.

Wayfarer515

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:38 pm

MaksFly wrote:
KrustyTheKlown wrote:

I would actually not be surprised if part of this was to cut out SuperJet International, the Italian/Russian partnership which is having issues by most accounts, and buying new planes straight from Sukhoi. In the meantime, Interjet gets to shed quite a few planes in the short term to right size their capacity on certain routes. Win win for Interjet and they can blame their own financial issues on someone else.

This. SJI support has been a joke, I invite you to check out Cityjet operations since the massive flight cancellation fiasco, when SCAC intervened directly and provided direct support for their operations, maybe too little too late but their fleet usage for SN has been spotless since July.

On the operator side, there are strong rumors that AVIANCA will buy 4Os ops., they had an agreement with AEROMAR that didn't go forward, so it seems that finally the sh**t hit the fan for Interjet, they started opening many international routes with A32X with load factors of about 30%, and instead sacrificed their profitable SSJ ops. from Mexico City, I'd say the SSJ issues are only a contributing factor in all this mess they have created for themselves. And yes, they have also about 7-A320s parked for a while..for those of you who like to check the fleet usage be my guest and tell me if I am wrong, will they also start blaming Airbus for this and seek compensation as well?

KrustyTheKlown
Topic Author

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Sure Interjet's problem is that they cannot fill their A320s. I wonder why they would add 20 more if they cannot fill them :? , especially sacrificing "profitable SSJ ops" :roll: :roll: :roll:

dcajet

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:

On the operator side, there are strong rumors that AVIANCA will buy 4Os ops., they had an agreement with AEROMAR that didn't go forward,

Highly doubt that Avianca Holdings or Synergy in this case will go for the SSJ, They have a bunch of ATRs stored at TLS that are due for Avianca Argentina and rumor has it cash is short at the Efromovich side of the AV business pending the JBA with United. The Mexico investment comes out of Synergy, same as in Argentina and Brazil.

I also doubt they would go for a plane that has such a terrible reputation - be it for the reason it may.
Keep calm and wash your hands.

dfdubflyer

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:13 am

What’s more likely - that we see Internet in liquidation in 24 months or as a oneworld connect partner? I would love to see them stabilize and partner with American.

Jasmin81

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:24 am

If Interjet does shed some the SJs, I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to Russia, maybe to Rossiya airlines who are waiting on some, or possibly some smaller group like Vologda who are stuck with an ancient legacy fleet which must be eye wateringly expensive to run. If interjet are desperate to sell, they'll probably get them for a steal, and getting parts support may be easier in the motherland than out in the west. As others have said, I don't think the plane itself is an issue, it's getting decent support which seems to be where Russian suppliers always, always mess it up. Nice plane, how about some parts for it?

MaverickM11

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:24 pm

Does any carrier like their sukhois and operate their fleet at normal utilization levels?
I don't take responsibility at all

asdfka

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:07 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Does any carrier like their sukhois and operate their fleet at normal utilization levels?

6.5 hours a day, azimuth.aero

leghorn

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:52 pm

forums on aviation24.be notes that usage on ssj for Belguim airlines has increase recently.

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:12 pm

asdfka wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

6.5 hours a day, azimuth.aero

Are you saying they’re happy with the fleet or that’s a normal utilization level?
I don't take responsibility at all

Wayfarer515

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:48 am

I heard an interview from Alexander Rubstov SCA CEO, when asked about the SSJ situation at AIJ he stated that the pending deliveries will be upgraded to the SSJ NG, with saberlets, increased MTOW, and a 100+ seating capacity. He also stated some of AIJs frames are not fit for the upgrade, but did not specify what will happen to them. Anyhow, saberlets are not coming anytime soon so who knows what will really happen.

sibille

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Interresting article in Russianinsider today. Seems they really want to solve that maintenance problems after SN decision and complaint from Interjet and Yakutia.

http://www.rusaviainsider.com/sukhoi-cu ... ftersales/

ewt340

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Let's be real here for a second. SSJ is as hot as B737-100. Which is not hot btw.

I'm surprised they ordered this plane at all. After all, the 80-90 seater market is already full with bombardier and embraer. The only reason they bought it then was probably because they got it close to free.

Don't see any future for these 20 aircraft. And I don't think Iran would want these even if they got it for free.

Armadillo1

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Funny to see soo much anti-ssj funs imagining they are impartial.

Problems exists, but
- topic theme sources lied( sell all fleet, etc)
- interjet suffer low available slot issue at mexico airport, and this cannot be solved in one year.
So ssj make job to grow new routes for 320, but cannot start new because of no slot available.
Its not about maintenance only

ewt340

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Armadillo1 wrote:

Problems exists, but
- interjet suffer low available slot issue at mexico airport, and this cannot be solved in one year.
So ssj make job to grow new routes for 320, but cannot start new because of no slot available.

It's not anti ssj. It's realistic observations.

First of all, the market ssj entering is crowded and extremely unbalance. With big chunck of the market located in the US.

Secondly, many airlines already operated Embraer or Bombardier. Switching to another aircraft type would be extremely hectic. Both Embraer and Bombardier would want to retain their market share by giving airlines big-big discounts to counter each other from gaining orders. Purchase advantages by ssj would be useless because of this.

Third, when ssj launched, nobody apart from the russians wanted to be the one who tested it. Since it's a brand new unlike other established aircraft.

And finaly, the lack of operators make ssj less viable.

lightsaber

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:55 pm

ewt340 wrote:
Armadillo1 wrote:

Problems exists, but

It's not anti ssj. It's realistic observations.

First of all, the market ssj entering is crowded and extremely unbalance. With big chunck of the market located in the US.

Secondly, many airlines already operated Embraer or Bombardier. Switching to another aircraft type would be extremely hectic. Both Embraer and Bombardier would want to retain their market share by giving airlines big-big discounts to counter each other from gaining orders. Purchase advantages by ssj would be useless because of this.

Third, when ssj launched, nobody apart from the russians wanted to be the one who tested it. Since it's a brand new unlike other established aircraft.

And finaly, the lack of operators make ssj less viable.

Add that the Western opperators are cutting fleets early.

Only the MRJ and E2-175 both being extreamely late is keeping up interest.

Lightsaber

Jasmin81

Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:52 pm

It was woefully optimistic to expect western airlines to embrace it, and the Russia/CIS market doesn't really use regional jets in the same way. Also the SSJ doesn't form a common type family, so it needs a dedicated pilot pool just for it. There's no way for airlines to operate an all Sukhoi family fleet, which makes it unusual in modern aviation. UAC/Sukhoi really need to stop and think, otherwise the MC-21 is going to have exactly the same problem. It might be time to call a halt to the SSJ, and instead move to a family model based around the 21.

Wayfarer515

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:12 am

Jasmin81 wrote:
It was woefully optimistic to expect western airlines to embrace it, and the Russia/CIS market doesn't really use regional jets in the same way. Also the SSJ doesn't form a common type family, so it needs a dedicated pilot pool just for it. There's no way for airlines to operate an all Sukhoi family fleet, which makes it unusual in modern aviation. UAC/Sukhoi really need to stop and think, otherwise the MC-21 is going to have exactly the same problem. It might be time to call a halt to the SSJ, and instead move to a family model based around the 21.

SSJ NG is supposed to address the commonality issues with the MC-21, although many are calling it the MC-21-100 already.

Going back on topic the SN SSJ fleet has been having an outstanding dispatch reliability since August, with only a couple of flight cancellations since then. Too bad it took Sukhoi so long to fix the mess at Cityjet and Interjet. Oh and Azimuth is doing pretty well with an all SSJ fleet.

xdlx

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:20 pm

Whether they fit or not into Future Fleet Plans, I am certain they could facilitate a smooth transition to CUBANA.... the Only potential home for the ones Interjet will return. Sukkoi could make an capital investment in CUBANA, and provide the carrier with a chance for a rebirth after the ill fated accident.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos